USUHS Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OK, so I spoke w/ YN1 Forest today at USUHS, he handles Navy pay, and he gave me some good word regarding what to bring, when we check in on Aug. 5th (I'd imagine something analagous applies to the other services). I'm glad we chatted, b/c this wasn't indicated anywhere else.

So just for the purposes of 'Save Pay', bring:
  • Your last LES on AD (obtain from DFAS)
  • Statement of Service (obtain from Navy Personnel, I think you can call 1-866-U-ASK-NPC, and they can gen one up for you. It's basically a piece of paper stating that you were in community XXX, for so many Years of Service, etc)
  • Copy of your first commissioning oath, which commissioned you into your previous community (if you don't have this, you can obtain it from BUPERS On-line, in the 'Web-Enabled-Review Officer Records' section)
  • Copy of your promotion letter, taking you to your current rank (your LT, or LCDR letter, also available in 'Web-Enabled-Review')
  • Your ASOSH Point Capture from BUPERS Online, to show Years-of-Service
All of the info above is redundant (in theory, they should be able to knock this out with just a prior LES, which shows rank and years of service), but oh well.

YN1 and his guys seem to have a good handle on the 'Save Pay' thing, but he admitted that there'll probably be some bumps. Said the goal is to have everyone square by 10/1. That sounds good to me!

Just got my orders, I'm a butter bar again :D

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, this thread went a little dead! I guess with many of us going to ODS/OBLC/COT, there wasn't enough people to post :(

Come on everyone - I think we're all done now. At least I know ODS is, but I think the other two are as well right? Let's get this party started! :p

Thread seems dead, but...

Did anyone have any problems with finance filling your accounts with basic pay & BAH before (or soon after) arriving at Bethesda?

I'll be starting this fall (AF) and just wanted to know what to expect.

Hello incoming MS1s! Congratulations to all of you who have been accepted. I am finishing up my MS1 year and it has been a lot of hard work, but great times. Please feel free to PM me with any questions regarding your upcoming schedule. I am a non-prior Army student.

I posted this on here a while back and got some good responses, but I was unsure of our move-out date. Now that this has been solidified, it want to post again letting you know of the town home we are currently renting that will be available as of June 1, 2010.

The townhouse is located in Gaithersburg (Montgomery Village area), just off of exit 11 of I-270. It takes about 15-20 minutes to get to school. It is in a very family-friendly area. The complex has a lake with a running trail. There is a one-car garage and back patio for grilling, etc.

The layout is as follows:

Top floor: carpeted
Master bedroom
Master bathroom
2nd bedroom
3rd bedroom/office
full bathroom

Main floor: all hardwood
Living room with fireplace
Dining room
Kitchen (granite countertops/stainless appliances/completely updated
half bath

Lower level: carpeted
Very large family room
4th bedroom
bathroom
walk-out to patio

The owner is a USN USUHS grad living in San Diego. He is very easy to work with and a nice guy.

The rent is $1800/mo + electric and water.

If you have questions or want some pictures, please let me know. If you can contact me, I will get you in touch with the owner to set up lease details.

Our lease is up in July, but we are looking for somebody to take over starting June 1, 2010 because we bought a house and will be moving at that time and don't want to pay a mortgage AND rent.

Finding nice places can be difficult around here. Please contact me ASAP and let me know if you would like some more info, or just ask questions about school/area/commute, etc.

Look forward to seeing you next year at USUHS and congratulations again on your acceptance.

-Dave
USUHS c/o 2013