USN --Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Im doing it!
They sent me the schedule already for the summer! =)

Yeah, I'm still debating...Do you know if the MBA program also has 90% as the passing score on assesments?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I'm still debating...Do you know if the MBA program also has 90% as the passing score on assesments?

Good question..I dont know. Im pretty sure it would though

Members don't see this ad :)
yo me too! do you go to UNLV?

oh yeah, i just got a call for acceptance today too =)

Im at UNLV all the time, but I dont go there. I go to Nevada State. How about you? Congrats BTW! =)

Hey everyone! Dr. Deyoung called me two days ago and offered me a seat at either campus. Life is sooooo awesome! I can't even begin to tell you how depressed I'd been feeling before he'd called. This is so exciting!!! Anyways I chose the Utah campus, and now I'm thinking about whether or not I want to pursue the MBA. I have a feeling that I'll really need that time off during the summer.

Hey anybody looking for a roomate? let me know.. pls PM me

Hey everyone! Dr. Deyoung called me two days ago and offered me a seat at either campus. Life is sooooo awesome! I can't even begin to tell you how depressed I'd been feeling before he'd called. This is so exciting!!! Anyways I chose the Utah campus, and now I'm thinking about whether or not I want to pursue the MBA. I have a feeling that I'll really need that time off during the summer.

I am in the same boat as well....

1. my pharmacist said its not important for promotion.
2. It adds 10k per year to my budget
3. I don't know if i will have any summer remediation to take or not (if i do when do i get time for MBA classes)
4. No break in summer at all.
5. Hectic and stressful

I have decided to start after P1 if i really want to

Got the call on the morning of April 2nd and I was shaking the whole time! See ya'll in August! :soexcited:

Can you guys believe it? We're gonna be pharmacists!!! I can't stop smiling :laugh:

I’m new here and it’s now past midnight. Dr. Deyoung called earlier this week, I am planning Utah. I guess the enrollment package is going to be mailed next week. Can someone account for what’s in that package? Further, does anyone know when were to register for an intern license and conduct a background check?

Hi everyone and Congrats to those who got accepted. I got my interview on January 23th but never received a call back. Although I did not start my interview very well, I did survive it, kind of 50/50, overall GPA 3.85, 10 year old BS, and I did apply for academy forgiveness. Can someone tell me if I can still expect a call from Dr. Deyoung?

Hey guys
i had already send my enrollment packet a week ago
but i nevery received anything to confirm that they had received it
should i call them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, everybody
I also got accepted to USN. I am confused in choosing the campus. Can anyone advise me which campus should I go for/or, can anyone tell me which campus are you choosing and why? So I get some idea in choosing right campus.

Thanks

Hey guys
i had already send my enrollment packet a week ago
but i nevery received anything to confirm that they had received it
should i call them?

I sent my enrollement packet stuff via certified mail so that I can check to see if it had been delivered or not. But either way, I got an email from USN when they recieved it (about 4 days after they recieved it). However, I have not gotten an email from financial aid office although I mailed that packet about 10 days ago......

I had sent mine as a regular mail
so its been like 10 days and i havnet heard anything from USN
but i had mailed Dr. Deyoung and he replied me that it takes some time to review by registrar's office.

I am wondering if anyone who got accepted want to have a rommate this comming fall '09. I am going to be pharmacy student at USN nevada campus. So don't know if anyone interested in getting a roommate. It's kindda late to wait for the rommate database of the school. Feel free to contact me cause i'm looking for rommate as well.

My email is [email protected]

Also don't know if anyone got any news from the financial aid office? I'm sending my package for like 10 days ago as well but haven't heard anything from USN. It kindda worries me a little.

Also don't know if anyone got any news from the financial aid office? I'm sending my package for like 10 days ago as well but haven't heard anything from USN. It kindda worries me a little.

I'm waiting like you. I sent my fin aid packet with certified mail. I sent it on Sat April 4th and they recieved it Mon April 6th, but USN fin aid office has not contacted me yet......

After sending back your admission packet, how long did it take to get the financial aid information - I'm getting slightly anxious to get the money end of schooling squared away.

By the way - I ended up choosing Henderson over South Jordan, so everyone in Henderson I'll see you come August

After sending back your admission packet, how long did it take to get the financial aid information - I'm getting slightly anxious to get the money end of schooling squared away.

By the way - I ended up choosing Henderson over South Jordan, so everyone in Henderson I'll see you come August

Yay! See you in Henderson!

Anywho, did you send those fin aid papers that they tell you to download off their website with the admission's packet?

I'm going to Henderson as well. I'm still waiting for my fin information. But I did call them and one lady in the Fin office told me that they going to send all the fin information at the end of this month.

I just wonder if anyone plan to work while in school like me? Also is it doable? The block system is kind of new to me; therefore, I'm a little bit afraid that I can't handle it.

I'm going to Henderson as well. I'm still waiting for my fin information. But I did call them and one lady in the Fin office told me that they going to send all the fin information at the end of this month.

Thanks for the info. Was she able to tell you if she had recieved your fin aid packet?

Hey guys. Does anyone know if we can use our financial aid to cover the costs of an apartment and/or food?

Hey guys, I checked out the USN Financial aid web site, and found that there are some other forms that look like we have to fill. Do you guys only submit the packets or also the forms online? Also, the USN ID, where do you guys find it?

Last edited:
Hey guys, I checked out the USN Financial aid web site, and found that there are some other forms that look like we have to fill. Do you guys only submit the packets or also the forms online? Also, the USN ID, where do you guys find it?

I did find forms on the their website that I filled out and mailed in in addition to the admission's packet. Which forms are you looking at? And I didn't put a USN ID because they didn't issue me one yet.

I found the verification worksheet for independent student, federal stafford loan application, federal graduate plus loan application and graduate supplemental profile sheet for financial aid. Did you fill and send all of these forms?

I found the verification worksheet for independent student, federal stafford loan application, federal graduate plus loan application and graduate supplemental profile sheet for financial aid. Did you fill and send all of these forms?

I called the fin aid office (about 3 weeks ago) and they told me to fill out the Graduate Supplemental Profile Sheet and the 2009-2010 Student Non-Filing Statement (since I will not be filing taxes).

I guess I will be calling them on Monday to double check....

I guess I have to send them my tax return form, too. Let me know what they tell you on Monday. Thanks.

Hey guys. Does anyone know if we can use our financial aid to cover the costs of an apartment and/or food?

I'm curious about this too! I've NEVER not worked before & am wondering where the money to feed & house me is going to come from. I tried to ask my friend who is already a P1 at USN this question, she's pretty busy & tough to get a hold of. Anybody know if you get money to live off of if you aren't already independently wealthy?

This is for the 702 locals...

Are there any good sushi places around henderson?

Hey guys, in order to be license as pharm tech or intern, do we need to have CPR/AED certification?

Hey guys, in order to be license as pharm tech or intern, do we need to have CPR/AED certification?

I looked on the NV State Board of Pharmacy website and it didn't say anything about needing CPR/AED certification. But you should definitely ask Dr. DeYoung.

I looked on the NV State Board of Pharmacy website and it didn't say anything about needing CPR/AED certification. But you should definitely ask Dr. DeYoung.

Yes, I may ask him later since in California, it's a required to have CPR/AED in order to get the license. Any P1 students here?

This is shilpa i recently got admitted into pharamd program at USN .
DO YOU MIND GIVING ME YOUR PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESS.

Hi, I am an Indian(guju) from Texas. I am going to Henderson campus and I am, looking for female roommates.

Hi, I am an Indian(guju) from Texas. I am going to Henderson campus and I am, looking for female roommates.

I am Indian too(Gujju)
do you have any idea about good areas in herderson to live?

I guess I have to send them my tax return form, too. Let me know what they tell you on Monday. Thanks.

I told them that I sent in my fin aid papers earlier this month and that they recieved it. I asked them if there was something wrong or missing, how would I know. They said that they would have contacted me via email. So if we don't hear anything from them, then we're good. I mailed them the two forms that they said they would require of ALL students (the enrollement packet that they sent us tell us which forms they were....I forgot), and also the two forms that I posted earlier.

I also asked them when we will be getting the info about loans, and they told me in 2-3 weeks.....

I told them that I sent in my fin aid papers earlier this month and that they recieved it. I asked them if there was something wrong or missing, how would I know. They said that they would have contacted me via email. So if we don't hear anything from them, then we're good. I mailed them the two forms that they said they would require of ALL students (the enrollement packet that they sent us tell us which forms they were....I forgot), and also the two forms that I posted earlier.

I also asked them when we will be getting the info about loans, and they told me in 2-3 weeks.....

Thank you for updating with me. How long did you hear from them after you sent the packet?

Thank you for updating with me. How long did you hear from them after you sent the packet?

I never heard from them, I actually had to call them. So I guess we have to be proactive.....:D

Hello hello! I'm just curious if anyone has applied to do the MBA program at the South Jordan Campus!?

I think I am going to pass on the MBA at this point. I have three kids and I think it may be too much to juggle.

So I sent my taxes and supplemental papers to South Jordan a couple of weeks ago. I got my award letter by e-mail at the end of last week. I have to say it is a little scary looking at the numbers and amount of debt I will be taking on - but I know it will be worth it.

Has anyone seen a 2009-2010 academic calendar? I can't seem to find one on the website. Thanks!

Hello Kph

Do you mind giving me your private email address so that I CAN CALL YOU . I really need to talk to you urgrently. Could you please let me know which campus is good is it utah or nevada.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Hello frnds,

Congrts to all of u....finally we are USN-2012!!!

I m going to the Utah and also have applied for MBA..just wondering hw many of you joining me up thr.:)

by the way i m coming frm Virginia and also looking for roomate and Apt.,!!!
Is anyone else looking for roomate? I m planning to come Utah on June 20.

Cheers,
Anil

Hello AnhphHarmD,

Are you going to the utah campus please can you tell me which one is better among the two campuses

Hello AnhphHarmD,

Are you going to the utah campus please can you tell me which one is better among the two campuses

Heyy shilpa,

I live in Virginia and I interviewed in Utah. When I went thr and seeing the weather and everything, personally I liked it.

I have few frnds over thr already and I dont have anyone @ Nevada.

U should also think that in which state u really want to go after u graduate from USN. If it is Nevada than go for Nevada and same for Utah. But if u want to go some other state thn just pick either state.

And I am assuming that the living expense is higher in Nevad than the Utah, since Las vegas is near by...NOT SURE IF it really higher.

And every state has good and bad sided...so try be ready to dedicated that way.

I guess try to look for...

1. wht kind of weather u like...Hot/Cold
2. which state u want to settle in future.
3. whr do u have frnds or u can make more!
4. Living expense...for 3 yrs
5. Most imp. whr u ll be able to focus on study either in Nevada or in Utah..!!!!!

I hope this will help. feel free to let me knw if I can help further.

Good luck,
Anil

Last edited:
Has anyone received their package from the financial aid office? Should I wait to start applying for loans until I receive it? :confused:

Hi, I am from Northern California, will join USN too,
looking for a roommate too :)