USN --Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rx702

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome class of 2012, drop by say hello and let this be the thread for our class.

Cant wait to meet you all soon!

Members don't see this ad.

That looks better than class of 2013, lol I'm guessing you will be at the Vegas campus (a hunch tells me that 702 means something...)?

Wow...2012 sure sounds great! It'll be great to meet all u guys and have a great year together! (I meant 3 years together!):D

Members don't see this ad :)
lol, yes...class of 2012! yay. congrats to all.

haha I counted the years wrong!

Yea, i'm from here so im definitely going to stay in nevada.

I'm so excited!!!!

Any of you going for the MBA as well?

Definitely considering it, I usually drive myself crazy when I'm out of school for too long lol

thats true lol, its funny when your in sometimes you just want to be done with it, once your out, you want back in. Crazy how life works lol.

So where are you from?

nope, no MBA. i'm going to europe for the summer :)

wow, Europe sounds nice!

Enjoy!

cant wait to meet all of you this august.... and Hey Rx702 3 more years!!!!

Pretty excited. Class of 2012 sound GREAT!!! super thankful that i can start this year. It will be good to meet you guys. where are you all thinking.... Vegas or UT. any suggestions or inside advice? I will finally get a good nights sleep.......no more stress :sleep:

Is anyone else going to the Utah campus? I can answer questions about Utah if you are. I only live 20 minutes from the campus.

vegas for sure....but I live here so that's why =)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a line to say 'HI everyone!' Congrats to you all! I hope to see you all at the Henderson campus in August....So EXCITED! :D

I found out three days ago and I'm still on cloud 9. Anybody else still jumping up and down with joy?:laugh:

I found out three days ago and I'm still on cloud 9. Anybody else still jumping up and down with joy?:laugh:

OF course I'm STILL excited! LOL....now I'm deciding what classes I should take for next quarter....I WAS going to take computational chemistry....but I don't know if I can handle another quarter of a Physical CHEM related class. I guess I do not have much love for P CHEM...I was thinking genetics? Any suggestions peoples? I'm a Chem major (so I don't have many BIOLOGY pre-reqs). Maybe I should take it easy with an upper division GE course...I don't know.

I'm from FL (orlando for undergrad, raised in south FL). Any other east coasters? Where's everyone from?

Hi everybody, Congratulations on your acceptance to University of Southern Nevada. I would like my classmates to join the group on facebook for our class of 2012. I am so excited to start school in august and see you all.

Pls join the group on FB will be waiting to see you guys there

THE LINK IS

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=48306797967

Last edited:
hey friends... waiting to see you all on facebook. Pls come and join the group for our class. It is a close group so only members can see the activities there.

Last edited:
Congratulations to those that got in. Please know that the Loan Process will involve Checking Your Credit History (Your lender requires that, not the school.)

As a Business Student, I was very aware of Identity Theft and hence, Damaged Credit History.

With that said, I still want you to keep trying. If you have any problem, do not worry much, please contact the lender and explain, your lender might accept your explanation and let you borrow money.

For those that did not know, you now have a State Law called SECURITY FREEZE that will help you Protecting your Credit History. The law is called by many slightly different names because each state has their own name. However, the Protection is the SAME. Once you Protect your Credit History, You are safe for the rest of your life.

Please SERIOUSLY think about Protecting your Credit History before starting school because your Credit History will affect how you pay for $40,000 in each school year.

If you do not qualify for Student Loan, you can get a Co-Signer. Do you have one?

Again, I want to emphasize that this is STATE LAW. Not Private Service. To SOLIDLY protect your Credit History FOREVER, please do yourself a lifetime favor by reading about article on USA TODAY. Then, please FREEZE YOUR CREDIT HISTORY. You worked so hard to get in, do not let the door slip away.

Below are Links to many places to help you (All links are Good as of today, 02-19-2009):

http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/general/2005-06-19-credit-cover-usat_x.htm

http://financialservices.house.gov/media/pdf/109hr3997ai.pdf

http://www.consumersunion.org/campaigns/learn_more/003484indiv.html

http://www.lawserver.com/maps/security-freeze-rights

http://corporatewire.net/prid/961/

Take care and I hope to see your smile in September of 2009.

Show me that you care for yourself, then, we will care more for you.

Your friend.

+ + +

Is freezing your credit the way to safeguard your ID?
Retrieved on 02-19-2009, from web page of USA TODAY.com:

By Sandra Block, USA TODAY
Like many victims of identity theft, Steven Comeau learned of the crime when a collection agency called and asked why he wasn't paying his bills. But Comeau's case was anything but typical. Criminals had used his personal information to get a mortgage on a rental property in Brooklyn, N.Y.
That was in 2001, and Comeau, an information technology manager in South Brunswick, N.J., is still trying to convince people he's not a deadbeat landlord. In addition to calls from collection agents, he's gotten complaints from tenants. When Comeau and his wife, Magda, put an offer on a house in November, they discovered that his credit report listed a mortgage default. In April, he received a call from a lawyer for an investment bank that wanted to buy the building. "It never ends," he says.
Comeau believes the fallout from the scam would have been significantly reduced if he had been allowed to freeze his credit reports. A credit freeze bars lenders and others from reviewing an individual's credit history. Because few lenders will issue credit without first seeing a credit report, identity thieves can't open fraudulent accounts using the name of someone who has frozen their credit reports.
With a credit freeze, "It would be easier for you to have control over your credit report," Comeau says. "Businesses have easier access to my credit report than I do."
At the beginning of the year, only four states — California, Vermont, Texas and Louisiana — had adopted credit-freeze laws. Since then, security breaches at ChoicePoint, LexisNexis and other businesses have prompted Colorado, Washington and Maine to adopt credit-freeze laws.
An additional 22 states are considering bills that would allow residents to bar lenders and other businesses from reviewing their credit reports, according to the National Association of State Public Interest Research Groups.
Stealing funds, not identities
Adding to concerns about security: Friday, MasterCard announced that a computer hacker might have obtained information on up to 40 million credit card accounts. The breach, traced to a company that processes payments, involves 13.9 million MasterCard-branded cards, 22 million Visa USA accounts and an unspecified number of American Express and Discover customers. (Related: 40 million credit card holders may be at risk)
Officials say the compromised data don't include addresses or Social Security numbers, so they could be used only to steal funds, not identities. Still, the breach, largest to date, has already increased calls for more protections against identity theft.
CREDIT REPORTING BUREAUS How to contact the credit-reporting bureaus about fraud:

Equifax
888-766-0008
Consumer Fraud Division
P.O. Box 740256
Atlanta, Ga. 30374
www.equifax.com

Experian
888-397-3742
P.O. Box 2002
Allen, Texas 75013
www.experian.com

TransUnion
800-680-7289
P.O. Box 1000
Chester, Pa. 19022
www.transunion.com
A credit freeze wouldn't prevent someone from using a stolen credit card number to purchase items or steal funds. And critics say a freeze can create problems for consumers: An individual who has put his credit records on ice can't buy a car, get a new credit card or refinance a mortgage without first lifting the freeze, which can take several days.
Nonetheless, "We think there is a public demand for this," says Kerry Smith, consumer attorney for PIRG, who says the bills have attracted support from Republicans and Democrats. "Because everyone is a consumer, it's a bipartisan issue."
Without a credit freeze, a consumer's only option for fighting identity theft is a fraud alert. Consumers can obtain a 90-day fraud alert if they believe they've been victimized.
Consumers who can provide evidence they've been victimized, such as a police report, can get an extended fraud alert that lasts up to seven years. A fraud alert directs lenders to verify an individual's identity before issuing loans or credit, typically by calling the individual first.
The hassle factor
A credit freeze is far more effective than a fraud alert, says Mari Frank, a California attorney who represents identity theft victims.
"Many victims find that even with the fraud alert, there are companies in such a hurry to issue credit that they will open an account with a fraud alert on there," she says.
Some consumers say they don't want to wait until they're victimized to take action.
David Mendoza, 47, a consultant in Vista, Calif., put a freeze on his credit reports six months ago and helped his father do the same. Neither has been hit by identity theft, "But I just feel more comfortable having it," Mendoza says. "It's not like I go out and get credit every day."
GETTING YOUR FREE REPORT By September 2005, all consumers will be eligible for a free copy of their credit reports. You can order it through a Web site set up by the Federal Trade Commission at: www.annualcreditreport.com. You also can order your credit reports through a toll-free number, 877-322-8228, or by writing: Annual Credit Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281.

The program is being rolled out in stages, starting Dec. 1, 2004. Here's the schedule:
Dec. 1, 2004: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming.
March 1, 2005: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin.
June 1, 2005: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas.
Sept. 1, 2005: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington, DC.

Source: Federal Trade Commission.

Lenders, credit bureaus and businesses argue that the inconvenience created by a credit freeze outweighs potential benefits. Credit-freeze laws allow consumers to "unfreeze" their reports, but that typically takes about three days.
In the meantime, a consumer could miss out on a low mortgage rate or one-time credit card offer, says Nessa Feddis, senior federal counsel for the American Bankers Association. "It sounds good, but people don't realize how often they request their credit reports be pulled for a good deal," she says.
Opponents also argue that existing laws protect consumers from identity theft without the hassles of a credit freeze.
The federal Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act contains several identity-theft provisions that are still being implemented, says Norm Magnuson, spokesman for the Consumer Data Industry Association, a trade group for the credit-reporting agencies.
Feddis put fraud alerts on her credit reports after her condo complex was targeted by a Nigerian identity-theft ring that stole residents' mail. She says she knows the alerts worked, because when she applied for a new checking account with a limited-time offer, someone called to verify her identity. "If I had a freeze on there, I wouldn't have gotten the deal," she says.
Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal, who has proposed a freeze law for his state, says there's no question a freeze creates an inconvenience, but, "so does a fire alarm or an air bag or a safety belt."
Consumers "should be given the choice of whether to incur that inconvenience and gain the additional measure of security," he says.
At the center of the debate is the tension between the availability of instant credit and the growing demand for a crackdown on the flow of personal information.
Billions of dollars are at stake. Credit-reporting agencies sell credit reports to lenders, landlords, employers and other businesses. Department stores and other retailers routinely offer discounts to shoppers who agree to sign up for a store credit card — which they hope will encourage the shoppers to spend more money.
In Utah, a credit-freeze bill was defeated on the last day of the legislative session after car dealers argued it would hurt their business, says Laura Polacheck, associate state director of AARP Utah, which lobbied in favor of the bill.
The car dealers "said 90% of their customers decide to buy a car and want to open credit the same day," she says. "It was enough to kill the bill."
Supporters hope to revive the bill in the next legislative session. The measure was popular with senior citizens, who worry a lot about identity theft, Polacheck says. "If you use credit, you're a potential victim." Thieves tried to use an expired credit card Polacheck had discarded to buy a computer. She learned of the fraud when the manufacturer called to verify shipping information.
In an effort to balance competing interests, some states have limited access to the credit freeze. In Texas, residents must prove they've been victimized before they can freeze their credit. A Vermont law scheduled to take effect July 1 also limits the credit freeze to identity-theft victims.
The Washington law limits the credit freeze to victims of identity theft and residents whose personal information has been compromised by a computer security breach.
Since the beginning of the year, more than 3.5 million people across the country have received notice of a possible security breach, PIRG says.
Spotlight shines on ID theft
California's credit freeze is available to anyone, although consumers who aren't victims of identity theft are required to pay a $30 fee to freeze reports at the three credit bureaus. The law has been on the books since 2002, but it didn't get much attention until the ChoicePoint scandal broke, state officials say.
From July 2002 through August 2004, requests for information about the credit freeze accounted for about 1% of calls received by the state's Office of Privacy Protection, a division of the Consumer Affairs Department. In February, when the ChoicePoint security breach became public, credit-freeze inquiries rose to 14% of calls.
California doesn't keep track of how many residents have obtained a security freeze, because the requests go through the credit bureaus. But both supporters and opponents of credit-freeze measures predict only a small number of consumers will go to the trouble of freezing their credit reports.
"It will probably be people who have relatively few new credit needs, who are not planning to buy a house or seek new credit cards or new forms of credit," Blumenthal says.
Consumers who want to freeze their credit reports say security is more important to them than instant credit.
Jay Forrest, a San Antonio consultant in his late 50s, hasn't been a victim of identity theft, but he has friends who were. He believes a credit freeze would protect him from a similar fate.
Forrest doesn't carry a balance on his credit cards and pays cash whenever he buys a new car. "I don't anticipate needing any additional credit for the rest of my life," he says.
Similarly, Donald Pederson, 66, a retiree who lives in southern New Hampshire, says his credit needs are few. "I've got the credit card, my home is pretty well taken care of, and right now, I don't need a car," he says.
Pederson is disappointed his state doesn't allow residents to freeze their credit. He says he's troubled by stories he's read about victims who spend years trying to recover from identity theft.
"I'm at the stage in life where I don't want to go through something like that," he says. "It would be very annoying."

+ + + + +

Again, I want to emphasize that this is STATE LAW. Not Private Service. To SOLIDLY protect your Credit History FOREVER, please do yourself a Lifetime Favor by reading this article on USA TODAY. Then, please FREEZE YOUR CREDIT HISTORY. You worked so hard to get in, do not let the door slip away.

Below are Links to many places to help you (All links are Good as of today, 02-19-2009):

http://financialservices.house.gov/media/pdf/109hr3997ai.pdf

http://www.consumersunion.org/campaigns/learn_more/003484indiv.html

http://www.lawserver.com/maps/security-freeze-rights

http://corporatewire.net/prid/961/

Take care and I hope to see your smile in September of 2009.

Show me that you care for yourself, then, we will care more for you.

Your friend.

+ + +

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys I got the call from Dr. DeYoung last night! Im so excited! :) Cant wait to see those of you going to the Utah campus this fall!!!

Hey guys I got the call from Dr. DeYoung last night! Im so excited! :) Cant wait to see those of you going to the Utah campus this fall!!!

Hi, when and where was your interview? Did you get to choose the Nevada & Utah campus?:)

Hi, when and where was your interview? Did you get to choose the Nevada & Utah campus?:)

I had an interview at the Utah campus on feb 21st then he called me four days later:) Dr. DeYoung asked me if i still wanted to go to the utah campus or if i wanted the henderson campus (so i dont think either school is full yet).

Yay!!! Class of 2012! :thumbup:

It's still surreal to me that I was accepted and will be starting this fall! I'm so excited to begin the semester and meet all of you!

Congratulations!!!! :D See you at the Henderson campus!

Has anyone received that enrollment package yet?

:D

Not yet, have you?
We should get it within the next week.

Nope not yet. The email that I recieved from Dr. Deyoung said that they were sending out the packet on March 7th, but tha's a saturday. I was wondering if that was a typo....

anyone else got accepted from 3/3 - utah interview?????

How many ppl here are going to the utah campus?? Everyone seems to of picked the henderson one:D. Just trying to find some class mates. Yay class of 2012!!!

Hello,
I just wonder did anyone who already got accepted so far have interview with Dr. Paul Osterman. How did you guys think about the interview and the result (as expected or an interesting surprise?) Thanks very much for sharing.

hi i got an interview on march 31 at henderson. can you tell me if that's too late. do anyone else got interview on that date. i am really worrried about choosing late date, becasue i haev to choose between 19 march and 31 march, but i choose 31. can you tell if date really matters in getting accepted. can someone tell me how long you have to talk during interview, and does interview process goes till 6:00 pm.
i will really appreciate if someone can reply to my post.
:confused:

Hello,
I just wonder did anyone who already got accepted so far have interview with Dr. Paul Osterman. How did you guys think about the interview and the result (as expected or an interesting surprise?) Thanks very much for sharing.
when are you having your interview. i am having on 31 st march at henderson

hi i got an interview on march 31 at henderson. can you tell me if that's too late. do anyone else got interview on that date. i am really worrried about choosing late date, becasue i haev to choose between 19 march and 31 march, but i choose 31. can you tell if date really matters in getting accepted. can someone tell me how long you have to talk during interview, and does interview process goes till 6:00 pm.
i will really appreciate if someone can reply to my post.
:confused:

Hey poonam, are you from India??
I feel you should have taken 19th march, but now it doesn't matter. I am sure there must be people who must have taken late interviews and got in. But remember now half of the seats are full. So you have to the best in your batch. Prepare well and be confident.
Good luck

I feel you should have taken 19th march, but now it doesn't matter. I am sure there must be people who must have taken late interviews and got in. But remember now half of the seats are full. So you have to the best in your batch. Prepare well and be confident.
Good luck

Hi sando, how did you know that half of the class is full up to this point? Wasn't that the majority of people will be notified in April except those a few very outstanding applicants? Please correct me if I'm wrong. :love:

Hi sando, how did you know that half of the class is full up to this point? Wasn't that the majority of people will be notified in April except those a few very outstanding applicants? Please correct me if I'm wrong. :love:

hey i might be wrong. I don't have the exact number but 17 to 20 for sure sure have been accepted. But my guess that not every selected student is on SDN , so i thought if the class consist of 120 it is possible that at least half or may be less has been accepted. Its a pure guess from 20 students that have been accepted. But keep your hopes high don't rely on my guesstimation.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting

hey i might be wrong. I don't have the exact number but 17 to 20 for sure sure have been accepted. But my guess that not every selected student is on SDN , so i thought if the class consist of 120 it is possible that at least half or may be less has been accepted. Its a pure guess from 20 students that have been accepted. But keep your hopes high don't rely on my guesstimation.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting

Also if we say outstanding i really don't know the criteria for it. If its GPA then i had the first interview that took place in the middle of Nov and we were around 70 students, with GPA 3.97 or higher. Most of them were pursuing Bachelors or were done with it. So that day it was just the matter of giving good interview, bc on paper each of us were excellent.

Good luck
yes i am from india...
yea i hope date does n't matter a lot..i will try my best at interview..do you have any idea how long interview goes..
where you at -utah or nevada...

Last edited:
Interviewed on March 17th in Henderson.

Got the call from Dr DeYoung on March 23rd. :soexcited:

Currently living in Utah, but was given the choice of campus - so still deciding on whether or not to Move to henderson or stay put.

See you all soon:bow:

Hey everyone, I got accepted today! I'm probably going to South Jordan. FYI, my interview was 3/7. See you in August!

hey
i got accepted to USN
i got call yesterday i am so happy

Hey everyone, I got accepted today! I'm probably going to South Jordan. FYI, my interview was 3/7. See you in August!

Interviewed on March 17th in Henderson.

Got the call from Dr DeYoung on March 23rd. :soexcited:

Currently living in Utah, but was given the choice of campus - so still deciding on whether or not to Move to henderson or stay put.

See you all soon:bow:

hey
i got accepted to USN
i got call yesterday i am so happy

Congrats to you all!