Medical Using full tuition scholarship at "higher prestige" MD to ask for full ride at lower "prestige" MD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Hi,

I have gotten into a few MD schools so far - two with similar tuition costs in the same city are competing in my head for #1 spot. One has offered me a full tuition merit scholarship - and while it is more prestigious on paper and aligns well with my career goals, the other program has a lot of things which align even better with my career plans but no confirmed scholarship. How could I phrase an email to request full tuition + at least partial COA scholarship? I don't want to come off as too greedy, but I do want to be realistic about wanting to limit my financial burden.

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

I would not get so specific as to ask for MORE than the current scholarship offer. I would matter of factly state what you have gotten from the other school. Then say that you are strongly interested in attending both schools but that financial aid will play an important role in your decision. End by encouraging them to make their strongest offer before the deadline.

Should I mention the name of the other school, or just generally mention that "another one of my top schools has offered me a full tuition scholarship"?

Up to you. I probably would just so they know you got into a very good school

Members don't see this ad :)
Name drop. Just tell them you have interest in their school and XYZ offered a full scholarship. Despite that, you still have interest and wanted to see if their offering can be re-evaluated before making a final decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.