Usf Ims????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anybody get anything today? Nothing here.....Whitehair, are you in the mol. medicine conc.?

I will be starting the program in August just like you guys. :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

:luck: is right!!! Hopefully, I will get something today.

I was really expecting to hear back today. Let's cross our fingers for tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I've been reading all the posts. I applied for the Molecular Medicine concentration too. I was expecting to hear back today, but I hope we all hear good news in the morning.:)

I finally got the email today for mol med. I would have preferred to get off the wait list for IMS, but this will do.

I finally got the email today for mol med. I would have preferred to get off the wait list for IMS, but this will do.

Congrats! Why haven't I gotten my email yet?!?!:mad:

got mine at 12:30 today, but the day's not over yet so hopefully you will hear something soon...

I received my acceptance today too! Congrats everybody. I guess we have to wait until the system updates our status before we can start registering for classes.:hardy:

I received my acceptance today too! Congrats everybody. I guess we have to wait until the system updates our status before we can start registering for classes.:hardy:

:clap: Yay! Congrats to you and to everyone else who heard back today.

Oh, btw...get your immunization records into student health asap because supposedly that will hold up your registration. You should be able to go ahead and get your student email activated now though.

I got my acceptance email today too! I guess we'll all be seeing each other this fall! :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the heads up. I attended USF for undergrad, so it should be just a matter of updating a few things.

You mentioned that you already registered for classes. Were you able to get all of your classes? What electives do you plan on taking? Also what do you think your schedule is going to look like?

I think it would be helpful to repost GujuDoc posts on the program.

Medical Sciences Masters of Sciences (M.S.M.S.): Molecular Medicine
1st year; only a 1 year program. finished fall semester this past fall 2007.

Program length => 3 semesters; fall, spring, summer. Can be done in two if you get special permission to take classes in spring that are for summer.

1) The Pros and Cons of their program (structure of the program, learning environment, cost, location, faculty, classes, difficulty, competitiveness, other students, buildings/classrooms/facilities, etc..)

Pros: If you haven't taken the MCAT this is a good way to prepare for the bio portion of it because they teach you most everything you need to know for bio MCAT. It also uses many of the same powerpoints as the med students except we get a few more extra details they don't and don't have to know some of the stuff they do. You get to take a lot of courses that are more geared towards second year and the first year molecular medicine block. All lectures are video streamed too which is helpful.

The cons: You don't get to take the anatomy courses and histology courses that are more geared towards 1st year med school but you can do this by signing up for extra courses if you can handle it. I wouldn't advise it personally. If you are applying after the masters I'd do those extra anatomy courses afterwards in the following year. You also don't get a guaranteed interview to med school out of this program like you do with many SMP programs and formal postbacs.

Since the classrooms are in the same buildings as the med school classrooms, most classes are in MDL 1005 which have places to plug in laptops and the internet cords if you don't have wireless on your laptop. There is wireless internet on campus though so if you have wireless you are good to go.
Oh and there's a new gym for students in the med school area too but you have to have one person with you at all times for liability reasons if something happens while working out.

Faculty: Faculty seems really helpful from what I saw this semester. Not just the professors but the people in the office where we get our grades, the people in educational affairs where you reserve the conference rooms, Mrs. jackson, Mrs. Zahn, and so forth.

Cost: i'm not sure about this. You'd have to look it up by going to the following website: http://health.usf.edu/medicine/gradu...armedicine.htm

But as far as difficulty goes: it depends on your strengths and your weaknesses. I found it not that hard but a lot of work because of the bulk of material. you have to keep up and try to learn to make connections between all the material esp. in biochem.

Competitiveness, there will always be some gunners but most people who put the work do well. its not like they are trying to weed you out. They want people to succeed. Students, well you can't ever predict who your classmates are going to be so I'm going to not add thoughts on that.
2) The kinds of classes you've taken and a description.
Biochemistry, Molecular biology, cell biology: 5 credit course.
Description: its self explanatory from the title but the main difference betwen when you took these courses in undergrad and in grad school is you don't do useless stuff like tracing carbons or memorizing every single structure. You only need to know the key regulatory enzymes and the most important concepts. Also they don't really ask mathematical questions like solving delta G questions like they did in undergrad. They ask questions that emphasize the key points in the powerpoints.
Medical Microbiology: 3 credit course.
Description: First test is overview and basics of mycology (Fungi), virology, parasites (worms and protozoa), and basic bacterial genetics and metabolism concepts. Second and third test are more bacteriology focused and clinical case based. A good USMLE board review book gives good practice questions for this.
Scientific Writing and Ethics: 2 credit course
Description: Learn how to write scientific and review papers. Write a review paper and take in class quizzes. Really boring and more geared towards people who are planning on a research career but a necessary part of the degree
Electives: Biostats: online class or Bioinformatics.
I didn't take the fall electives. I'm doing mine in spring and summer.

Spring courses include: Genomics and Genetics, Host Parasite Interactions, Cellular and Molecular immunology, and elective choices. I'm taking advances in virology next semester but there is also proteomics and some biotechnology course offered.

Summer courses include metabolic basis of human disease, clinical correlations in molecular medicine, and vaccines and applied immunology. There is also the methods in molecular medicine course which is all lab stuff mostly.

You only need 5 credits of electives which is 2 courses.

3) Something they wished they knew coming into the program
I wish I knew all the study spots around USF COM that I didn't discover til the last week or so. USF COM doesn't do a good job of advertising all the places they have to study around campus. The didn't do a good job of it at the orientation either.

4) Something they would like to tell incoming students about your program
Hardest course will be the first semester biochem course but if you are going to do this program I strongly advise you to learn things in such a way you retain it. As you go along start cutting or looking around your powerpoints for where things repeat and keep going over all the material instead of just that test's worth ofmaterial and you'll be saving a lot of trouble come finals time whenyou have the cumm. final. Try t piece it together like a story and make a play out of it when you are discussing with others. It will make you reember things. Don't memorize for the short term, try to make it stick in the long term.
If you do well in this you'll have a good shot at getting in med school though it isn't an official SMP program. I'm glad I did this program instead of the IMS program because its intense but not as intense as IMS.

5) Tips for students applying to your program
See above. Go to lecture even though its on video because sometimes they use laser pointers which don't show up on the video lectures. Only use video lectures as a replacement for going to lecture if you can't go due to illness or a job that is critical to paying your bills or reasons of that nature. Otherwise, try to use the video only to catch points you missed in lecture.

6) Did it help you get into medical school/dental school/etc.?
I'm applying after the program. I had a classmate that got several DO interviews and acceptances, another classmate who got an acceptance to dental school, yet another classmate who got into FSU COM, and another classmate who had several dental interviews. I know there are others in our class who also have had MD interviews but whether or not they've been accepted is another story.

7) Anything else you'd like to add

8) A rating from 1-5 (1 being the worst (no recommendation) to 5 (full recommendation)
My personal rating would be 5! Although it isn't an SMP program with guaranteed admissions, it is a really good program to help you boost your scientific knowledge and also allow you to take courses similar to the med student courses and boost your GPA. Most people who have done this program and succeeded and applied to medical or dental school have gotten in somewhere.

Note to students reading: A majority of these ratings will be subjective and will vary from student to student within the same program. This is just another resource to help our SDN students out :)
I just thought I'd add a bit more to my previous post on the M.S.M.S. in molecular medicine, since I'm halfway through another semester.

I just thought I'd add that the semesters build on the previous semester. For instance, we were briefly introduced to terms like translocations, rearrangements, etc. in biochem and that was expanded upon in better detail in genomics. What we learn this semester will further be built on next semester.

Oh and one of our classmates just got into USF med a few weeks ago, but they don't like giving interviews early because you only have one semester to go by with just 10-13 credits of grades, so it is almost better to apply after the program if you can. Otherwise you most likely will get a late interview.

Last edited:
New Masters at USF COM that I wanted to let you guys know about.

its a masters in medical microbiology and Immunology with the same classes I did for molecular medicine plus you have to take advances in virology as a required course which I did as an elective and you have to take an extra class in fall called Medical Parasitology and Mycology.

Are they accepting applications for the upcoming year. I didn't see it on the website yet. Also could you update us on the list of class you took in fall, spring, and summer and give a review on what you thought of the class (e.g virology- I learned a lot, but the class was time consuming. I would take the class again. Study the ppts, not the book) Stuff like that. I think you did fall in the previous post, so just spring and summer.

Are you allowed to select electives not mention on the website I was looking through some course offered and I found Genetic Engineering (BSC5931), Systems Physiology and Pharmacology, Cell Physiology, and Neuroscience interesting.

I was talking with Seema the other day because I went to see Mrs. jackson to ask for advice, and she was saying that they had 2 students drop from IMS and had 17 initially accepted. However, 15 was their past max capacity which is why they opted not to take people off the IMS waitlist. They are already full enough.

Sorry about that. But truth be told, it is hard as hell from what I've heard some students who got accepted to med school were not at the 3.0 overall cutoff and are not going to even be getting a degree even though they got in med school.

Thanks for the info. I decided to stop emailing Seema, b/c I think she might of got annoyed with all my emails.

I know you said the IMS program is hard, but I was wondering what makes it so hard. Is it the "Human Anatomy Section 1" class? Do they work with a cadaver. Or are their grades based on a curve of how well the med students. do. Also the people that got into med school, was it USF or other schools?

Thanks for the info. I decided to stop emailing Seema, b/c I think she might of got annoyed with all my emails.

I know you said the IMS program is hard, but I was wondering what makes it so hard. Is it the "Human Anatomy Section 1" class? Do they work with a cadaver. Or are their grades based on a curve of how well the med students. do. Also the people that got into med school, was it USF or other schools?

The program is hard b/c it's the M1 curriculum minus the clinical aspects. You can go to USF med's website and download the block schedules for this past year and see what is covered. Depending on the MCAT, I think a student would be just as well served doing one of the other master's programs along with some more research and volunteering. It worked for me.

While looking for the block schedules that Jville mentioned, I ran into these guides that the c/o 2009 wrote for the MD/PT students.

Guide to living in Tampa
- with descriptions of the area and apartment info

Things to do in Tampa - if this is like Gainesville, some of these places might have a new name

Course overview/textbooks - might help with the mol med block

Studying advice

General Wisdom

------------------------

I remember everyone say that the health insurance offered by USF sucked, but I see they have a new plan for Fall 08. Is it good? I was always under my parents, so I have no clue what's good and what's not. http://shsweb.shs.usf.edu/

------------------------

If you care to see the block info, here is the link http://hsc.usf.edu/medicine/educationalaffairs/educational_program_calendar.html

this is weird... I still didn't get an email from them. Do they send rejection emails? or if your rejected do they not send an email at all? I guess I should call them on monday.

this is weird... I still didn't get an email from them. Do they send rejection emails? or if your rejected do they not send an email at all? I guess I should call them on monday.

I'm right there with you gatorsdoc, I haven't heard anything yet....

i'm really worried about getting rejected although I met the minimum cutoff

I just spoke with Ms. Jackson and she basically told me that although I met the cutoffs they had a lot of applicants this year and i'm waitlisted. She told me about the online health sciences master's that they have and said its just as reputable as the other master's programs. I wonder if thats true and would be as beneficial as other programs to get into med school. I have been accepted to UMDNJ-Newark... so I was wondering if I should do that or just stay here and do the online program at USF? Any input on this would be appreciated.

Thanks for the heads up. I attended USF for undergrad, so it should be just a matter of updating a few things.

You mentioned that you already registered for classes. Were you able to get all of your classes? What electives do you plan on taking? Also what do you think your schedule is going to look like?

I was able to register for GMS 6200C, BCH 6935, and GMS6100C. I did not register for any electives. I will do them in the Spring and Summer. The fall semester is supposedly your hardest because of GMS 6200. Not a bad schedule at all.

What is everyone doing about the MCAT?

I just spoke with Ms. Jackson and she basically told me that although I met the cutoffs they had a lot of applicants this year and i'm waitlisted. She told me about the online health sciences master's that they have and said its just as reputable as the other master's programs. I wonder if thats true and would be as beneficial as other programs to get into med school. I have been accepted to UMDNJ-Newark... so I was wondering if I should do that or just stay here and do the online program at USF? Any input on this would be appreciated.

I agree with GujuDoc...do the Newark program!!!

Zippa,

I called Marasol to ask about this new BCBS plan, but she said they will not be able to release any info until the middle of this month. It is going to be way better than what has been offered in the past. Her number is 813-974-5407 if you want to try to reach her later this month for some more info.

While looking for the block schedules that Jville mentioned, I ran into these guides that the c/o 2009 wrote for the MD/PT students.

Guide to living in Tampa
- with descriptions of the area and apartment info

Things to do in Tampa - if this is like Gainesville, some of these places might have a new name

Course overview/textbooks - might help with the mol med block

Studying advice

General Wisdom

------------------------

I remember everyone say that the health insurance offered by USF sucked, but I see they have a new plan for Fall 08. Is it good? I was always under my parents, so I have no clue what's good and what's not. http://shsweb.shs.usf.edu/

------------------------

If you care to see the block info, here is the link http://hsc.usf.edu/medicine/educationalaffairs/educational_program_calendar.html

Last edited:
Do most defer their electives to spring and summer? Suppose you want to take an elective in fall, which class from the list of electives is the easiest or least time consuming? Biostats? Are electives possible from other concentrations?

GujuDoc, (referring to GatorDoc situation) I know the health science program in online, but does that info even go on the transcript? I know at UF, there are many online classes, but that info is never actually added to the transcript. Also I'm not sure where I heard this, but I heard there might be some curriculum changes with IMS, so students are more successful (actually finish w/ 3.0>). Is there any truth to that?

Last edited:
I was able to register for GMS 6200C, BCH 6935, and GMS6100C. I did not register for any electives. I will do them in the Spring and Summer. The fall semester is supposedly your hardest because of GMS 6200. Not a bad schedule at all.

What is everyone doing about the MCAT?

If I could go back, I think I would have taken my elective in the Fall. I felt like this was actually the easiest semester b/c 2 of the classes only meet once per week, microbio is straight memorization for the A, and ethics is also a walk in the park. I thought the spring was more challenging b/c the genomics class is difficult and when we took it the tests were 20 questions each leaving very little room for error. The summer was not that much harder class-wise, but taking the classes over 6 weeks is a little more fast-paced. If Dr. Barber is still teaching bioinformatics in the fall, I'd go with that one.

If I could go back, I think I would have taken my elective in the Fall. I felt like this was actually the easiest semester b/c 2 of the classes only meet once per week, microbio is straight memorization for the A, and ethics is also a walk in the park. I thought the spring was more challenging b/c the genomics class is difficult and when we took it the tests were 20 questions each leaving very little room for error. The summer was not that much harder class-wise, but taking the classes over 6 weeks is a little more fast-paced. If Dr. Barber is still teaching bioinformatics in the fall, I'd go with that one.

Thanks for the advice. Since you need 5 cr hrs in electives, don't you actually need two classes?

Thanks for the advice. Since you need 5 cr hrs in electives, don't you actually need two classes?

that's true...I took proteomics and virology as my spring elective which probably made the semester tougher, but I didn't think either were that challenging. Virology only met once a week and the material was pretty straightforward and even though proteomics had essay tests and required a paper/presentation, it was interesting and has a lot of relevance if you plan on doing any research during your time in the program.

My acceptance went to spam as well...be careful.

I will be taking the MCAT in August. I am hoping to do well enough that I don't lose the interim year. If not, I am going to have to figure out what to do for that year. What about everyone else?

I will be taking the MCAT in August. I am hoping to do well enough that I don't lose the interim year. If not, I am going to have to figure out what to do for that year. What about everyone else?

I am considering taking it in January, but haven't decided for sure.

I am taking the MCAT this month on the 13th. I am hoping to do well enough so I can apply for matriculation in 2009 as well. Im hoping for a 30+.

I'm scheduled for July 18th and shooting for 30+ too

Unfortunately, I am going to have to wait until the middle of Aug. Are you guys doing anything else to bump up your CV? I am going to volunteer on some research projects b/c I feel that I have the volunteer and shadowing experience, but I don't have any research experience.

I'm weaker on the volunteering/shadowing side, so I have an app in to volunteer for diabetes camp and will probably do some shadowing post-MCAT.

I'm not sure if I will volunteer/shadow/research. I did three years of volunteering and 1.5 years of shadowing weekly. And I did research for 3 years with multiple publications. My issues were more improving my GPA and MCAT. If I decide to do something, it will most likely be volunteering, since it takes less time than research.

I'm not sure if I will volunteer/shadow/research. I did three years of volunteering and 1.5 years of shadowing weekly. And I did research for 3 years with multiple publications. My issues were more improving my GPA and MCAT. If I decide to do something, it will most likely be volunteering, since it takes less time than research.

Me too Zippa. I have plenty of health volunteering and research, but if I were to work on any sort of extracurriculars it would be community volunteering that is non health related.

i'd try to get into someone's lab at USF and get your name on an abstract or something in the next year. That's more tangible than any volunteering and you'll get a LOR and make some contacts at the med school all at the same time. It's more time consuming that volunteering for a day a week or whatever, but if everyone in the class is doing the same thing, and you already have substantial background with volunteering, how much impact do you think it will have on your application? Remember it's all about standing out and making yourself noticed.

JVill,

I completely agree with you. I don't see how volunteering will make anyone stand out, but I do think that being involved in an interesting research project might give one an edge. I will be volunteering at Moffitt on an HPV study this next year. I am hoping to meet some good contacts along the way as well.

it will only help if you get published or present at a national conference. Just doing lab work with no tangible profits i.e. publications, presentations at conferences, etc. will probably not mean much and as much as people always say try to get published, that is easier said then done.

I remember when we were doing research at the neuro labs as an ugrad and my friend's research was thought to be unpublished. but within a few days a different lab published the same exact experiments before our lab was done doing them.

I mean its easier said then done unless you go to a lab where there is very truly unique research that smaller percentage of people do i.e. natural products research I did at the chem lab with Dr. Bill J. Baker was ultra unique even though other labs out of the university were doing similar things because there were smaller groups of people doing it and only him doing that kind of research on Antarctic organisms. Therefore, the likelihood of finding something new and interesting with chances of publication if one worked intensely were higher. But even that is tough because it depends on gettign tangible data which is often not easy to do especially when you are not working at it for years and just for less then a year's time.

Mike-that sounds like a great opportunity. Guju is right that getting publications is easier said than done, and I should have clarified by saying get into someone's lab and work hard several days a week, and maybe you can get your name on a paper or abstract they are working on. That isn't as far fetched as starting, finishing, and publishing an independent project in a year. You are wrong that research only matters if you do get those publications. During my M.S. I shadowed for a total of 2 days with the same ID doc you mentioned. I was bored out of my mind so stopped and never put it on my AMCAS. At every interview I was at I was never asked a single question about hospital volunteering. In fact, the only volunteering I was ever asked about was non-medical and clinical work abroad. I WAS asked questions by every interviewer about work we were doing in the lab, whether I was published or not. More specifically, I was asked why not research instead of the MD. If you do any kind of preparation for an interview you can expect this question and see it as a perfect opportunity to firmly solidify and provide evidence of why you want to do medicine. This helped me even more at USF where my faculty interviewer knew and was friends with both of the PI's I had done work with. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think those relationships helped me in some way to eventually get into USF. So, take it for what it's worth, but those are my experiences. I stand by what I said about standing out. If you look at the basic odds of it, you figure a tiny, tiny number of students from the master's programs will even get selected for interviews, I feel like that majority of students who are all taking the same classes, all getting roughly the same grades, all doing the same volunteering, all getting letters from the same professors are putting themselves at a disadvantage in the applicant pool. Good luck.

I didn't want to pursue research because it took me a year to figure out what we were doing and actually be a helpful member in the group. At the end of three years, I was able to get 3 pubs (1 3rd, 2 2nd). Also when I interviewed at some schools, they looked down on research and preferred more community volunteering (e.g Boys and Girls Club) and what not. I am not ruling out research as a possibility. Jville what were the time commitments in your lab?

I didn't want to pursue research because it took me a year to figure out what we were doing and actually be a helpful member in the group. At the end of three years, I was able to get 3 pubs (1 3rd, 2 2nd). Also when I interviewed at some schools, they looked down on research and preferred more community volunteering (e.g Boys and Girls Club) and what not. I am not ruling out research as a possibility. Jville what were the time commitments in your lab?

My commitment wasn't too bad. I was probably in the lab approximately 20 hours a week, mostly on the days when I had no classes. In this program you really are in class very little so there's plenty of time to do other things and still get good grades. I don't mean to act like research is an absolute necessity, or even what got me in. There are definitely other equally important aspects of the application and if you've got a lot of research then you're probably right not to want to do more. It just made the most sense to me b/c I had never had any experience before the program and it was easy to get into since you're surrounded by it at the med school. And, from my interview experience, people are a lot more interested in knowing about experiments you've been doing than the details of you following a doctor around for a few hours a week.

while I see your point, you know the interview matter of asking such questions is subjective on 2 grounds:
1. open file interviews ask about your experiences that are listed on your app. They are going to determine their questions based on what they see.
2. schools that are research based will obviously ask such questions.
3. a person might have had research before doing this masters and might have decided already that research isn't what they want to do. So saying that it will help you answer why medicine rather then research is moot point. I can already answer that question quite a bit.

Definitely what makes you stand out will be asked in an interview, but if you are telling everyone to do research, how will it really make any one stand it out if they all start doing such. I'm sure if they really want to do it they can do so, but from my talking with various other people I don't think it is the make or break you of the application.

I think its important to consider what interests you, what you can talk about with enthusiasm, and fix whatever is weak in your application and that may be different from person to person. If they are extremely weak on clinical work they should probably fix that. If they feel research will be beneficial then they should do that. Really you guys talk to a real advisor in the med school i.e. Leila Amiri, Dr. Koehler, etc. before you take any advice because I've been told the exact opposite about the value of research by adcom members in USF and UCF's REL. It really also depends on where you are applying. Some schools like UF will really value a name on an abstract or poster or presentation at a national conference or publications. Some will not care as much.

You can make all the arguments you want against what I wrote and indeed my experiences, like everyone else's, are unique on the interview trail. But, just fyi, only when I interviewed at UM was it open file. The other places were not and yet I was still asked about research. I was asked why not research in the context of what I was currently doing, not in a general sense and I had prepared for this question b/c I knew it was coming. People should certainly evaluate what is weak in their individual application and go from there, and I was only trying to point out my own experiences as, up to now, one of the few participants in this program that has gotten into an allopathic program. It's the strategy I used and would recommend a similar one to anyone entering the program, of course, adjusted to meet their specific weaknesses. I'm simply trying to be as realistic as possible about what it takes to be successful b/c I want those entering to achieve their goals, and I don't appreciate everything I say being contradicted with anecdotal evidence or info from "people I've talked to" or "someone I know." So I'm going to excuse myself from this thread. To everyone starting the program, best of luck. Work hard and take advantage of what's around you and you'll have a shot.

Jville and Guju, I hope I am not overstepping my bounds by injecting myself into this debate/argument/whatever this is... (especially as an SDN newbie), but I think the two of you collectively have provided us (incoming students) with a tremendous wealth of information that far exceeds anything we could asked or hoped for.

Your different experiences and opinions are simply testament to the fact that there is more than one way to get into medical school and I hope I speak for everyone when I say that I truly hope that both of you will continue to post on this thread so that we can continue to derive the immeasurable benefit that your posts have provided thus far. Regardless of what you decide to do, I cannot thank both of you enough for your help and wish you the best of luck for the future.

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I found this all to be very discouraging. How does JVille really know that he is one of the few accepted into an allopathic school from probably the 75 students he did the program with? Has he kept in touch with ALL of them?

I too have had enough research to know it is NOT what I want to do and I do not plan to do research while doing this program (edit--> unless it is infertility research!). Personally at this point in my life, if I am going to put that sort of time commitment in, it better have some sort monetary reward. I am considering working part time and doing a small amount of community service on the side. I think my major weakness is the MCAT, and that is what I personally need to focus on.

Last edited:
Thanks to both of you. I see the value in what each of you are saying. There are many reasons that I have decided to volunteer on this study. First, while I have a bunch of volunteering hours, teaching/tutoring hours, clinical volunteering experience, and shadowing, I have no research exposure. I also would like to make some new connections at USF, which is where I would like to attend med school. So even if I don't get mentioned in a publication, I still have a new experience and new connections. It can't hurt. Further, it may turn out to be a part time job if all goes well.

Thanks to both of you for your insight.

On a side note, can I ask how everyone is planning to survive? How can you live on less than $10,000 a year? This is the major reason why I cannot see myself doing hours and hours of unpaid time when that time can be put towards making up a huge deficit in my banking account. Unfortunately, I am stuck in the real world, and it sucks!

Anyone else doing the online program? I just got my acceptance today.