Usf Ims????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey I am starting the mol. med. masters at USF in August. I wanted to know if anyone has started a Facebook group or something like that for our class. So that way we could maybe get to know the people we will be going to class with before the first day?

Members don't see this ad.

Not that I know of, but that sounds like a great idea.

definitely agree on the facebook group, I'm trying to figure out where to live next year and would like to find a roommate (hopefully someone else in the program) and that would be a good place to start

once the group is created, we should email one of the program administrators (maybe Kathy Zahn???) and have her email it out on the listserv so people know about it and join

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any info on the biotechnology course? I am trying to pick my elective for the fall and was wondering what the course is like.

No worries....thanks for setting it up.

I wonder when our books are going to show up on the bookstore website?

GUJU, are you saying that the Biochem books are needed?

Is anyone going to be in the MSMM program this fall at USF? I wanted to hit the ground running and was hoping to make some connections on SDN.

Also, do most people apply during the program or after? My hope is to apply during, and I'll be taking the MCAT in Sept...

Is anyone applying during the program? I talked to Dr. Barber and he suggested that many people apply during the program, but he was fairly vague about how successful these people were.

USF's MSMM program is one of the cheapest SMPs I've seen. I turned down the accelerated programs at NYMC, Drexel, Tufts, etc etc etc... I figured this isn't my terminal degree, and I shouldn't have to spend $60k... and I'm hoping to dear god that I didn't make a big mistake :(

Any thoughts on the program? I really really really hope there's good advising and support systems in place. I emailed Dr. Keller, who is listed as one of our advisors, and his terse reply was essentially: "There are 100+ of you and I can't speak to all of you directly. See you next month".

Oops, double post. I'm obviously new to the SDN thing.

I think I read somewhere up there that only 2 people from the previous year were successful in gaining acceptance to med school?

What constitutes a decent MCAT/GPA to consider applying this year? I was under the impression that everyone would be applying right now but it seems like that may not be the case.

Would letters of progress not suffice in reflecting your potential as a medical school candidate?

Does USF offer anything in terms of committee letters and such?

Thank you. I'm probably going to be in Tampa this weekend. I will give you a call on my way down if I decide to go.

Books are not needed except for the writing class. However the books we used this past fall are as follows:

Those are the 2 principle sources for the biochem class
http://www.amazon.com/Medical-Bioch...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216833629&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/Lehninger-Pri...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216833653&sr=1-1

This was the med micro book
http://www.amazon.com/Medical-Micro...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216833709&sr=1-1

For the writing class: These 2 u should buy
http://www.amazon.com/Being-Scienti...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216833754&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/How-Write-Pub...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216833793&sr=1-1

Those are the principle ones I had to have for fall.

For spring:
Immunology:
http://www.amazon.com/Cellular-Mole...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216833823&sr=1-1

Genomics:
http://www.amazon.com/Molecular-Bio...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216833861&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/Human-Molecul...bs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216833933&sr=1-2

Virology: no books listed that I know of. I think a few were on reserve though.

Host Parasite Interactions: no books were involved that I know of. I think there might have been a recommended one but I don't think there was a primary textbook.

Awhitechair,

When are u going to be in tampa? I wanted to know if u still wanted that stuff.

For the summer there were no textbooks involved. Vaccines was just straight off the notes. There was only one pdf that we had to know for the first of 2 tests in the class.

For Metabolic Lehninger's was the primary source of figures. For Methods there was no textbook. For biostats there is one but I don't know what it is.

For clinical correlations u can get the book free from the USF lib website. And u only need certain chapters. Here is the amazon link for the title but look in the catalog search at http://www.lib.usf.edu

http://www.amazon.com/Clinical-Stud...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216834120&sr=1-1

You are misinformed...the MSMM is a one year master's, not a traditional SMP. I'm sorry you did not get the answers you were looking for from Dr. Keller. Hopefully, when the dust settles, you will find the advising committee more helpful.

As for your question about MCAT/GPA...that is the golden question and there is no right answer because this process is crazy. I would study my a** off for the MCAT in September though. Study like you have to get a 45, seriously. It's not enough to just do well in this program. See you next month! :luck:
Is anyone applying during the program? I talked to Dr. Barber and he suggested that many people apply during the program, but he was fairly vague about how successful these people were.

USF's MSMM program is one of the cheapest SMPs I've seen. I turned down the accelerated programs at NYMC, Drexel, Tufts, etc etc etc... I figured this isn't my terminal degree, and I shouldn't have to spend $60k... and I'm hoping to dear god that I didn't make a big mistake :(

Any thoughts on the program? I really really really hope there's good advising and support systems in place. I emailed Dr. Keller, who is listed as one of our advisors, and his terse reply was essentially: "There are 100+ of you and I can't speak to all of you directly. See you next month".

Members don't see this ad :)
Nic07,

MSMM IS NOT AN IMS!!!!!! Let me make that clear right now. While it is geared towards people wanting to do medicine, IT IS NOT AN IMS!!! IMS programs are programs where u take the medical student classes with the medical students. Your tests are not the same tests that the medical students take. You don't go in depth as much as they do. You may use powerpoints that come part of their notes but it is still different.

If you wanted an IMS program you should have taken one of those other programs because they might have been true IMS programs.

I am fairly well informed about the differences between a true SMP/IMS and a more traditional master's program. My question was with regards to how successful the program is in getting their students into med school.

Sorry I have not perused 8 pages worth of info. I only decided 2 days ago to go to USF and am scrambling to find out as much as I can as fast as I can. Frankly, when it came down to it, USF's $9K tuition was a lot more attractive than Tufts/BU's $30K, even though I know the latter programs are, as you emphatically point out, truer IMSs.

Anyhow, switching gears: can anyone offer any insight as to why the 3 sections of graduate seminars (GMS7939) are of varying length? One is 50 minutes, another is 80 mins, and the last is 110 mins.

Guju is right that # of accepted students has been discussed elsewhere. In short, I know of 2 people who went to U.S. MD schools (myself included) and 3 others who got into other programs (DO or foreign). There may be others, and those numbers shouldn't affect your decision b/c the program is still very new and doesn't have the ability to claim the numbers some of the other programs can, and many students in the program have other aspirations such as dental school or PhD programs. The take home message is that if you do well in the program, have a solid MCAT, and have an otherwise solid application, your chances will be improved. As far as the graduate seminars, I don't know why there are some that are longer than others, but if you are doing the molecular medicine M.S. you won't be in those classes anyway. I don't know if some of the elective classes are just generically given that course number, but if so the differing times probably refers to whether the class is 2 or 3 credits. Good luck.

Guju is right that # of accepted students has been discussed elsewhere. In short, I know of 2 people who went to U.S. MD schools (myself included) and 3 others who got into other programs (DO or foreign). There may be others, and those numbers shouldn't affect your decision b/c the program is still very new and doesn't have the ability to claim the numbers some of the other programs can, and many students in the program have other aspirations such as dental school or PhD programs. The take home message is that if you do well in the program, have a solid MCAT, and have an otherwise solid application, your chances will be improved. As far as the graduate seminars, I don't know why there are some that are longer than others, but if you are doing the molecular medicine M.S. you won't be in those classes anyway. I don't know if some of the elective classes are just generically given that course number, but if so the differing times probably refers to whether the class is 2 or 3 credits. Good luck.

Always nice to hear from you JVille. You are an inspiration here on our humble little thread. :love:

Glad to hear I'm so popular...:laugh::laugh: If you're moving to Tampa soon Whitehair (or anyone else) I'd suggest you do your moving in the morning/early afternoon b/c we've been having some serious storms here lately starting around 3...don't want to get all your stuff wet!

Glad to hear I'm so popular...:laugh::laugh: If you're moving to Tampa soon Whitehair (or anyone else) I'd suggest you do your moving in the morning/early afternoon b/c we've been having some serious storms here lately starting around 3...don't want to get all your stuff wet!

Thanks for the heads up. If all goes well this weekend, I should be moving next weekend. I hate moving!!!

Me too. I've been packing for the last 3 days and been up til 3 and 4 am in the morning the last 2 days with this stuff. There is so much stuff I've accumulated over the last 4 years. Mostly books and not even textbooks but novels I've bought from B&N or Borders and story books. Also other random junk around the house. Its soooooooo annoying.

I'll be in TPA 2 days a week, maybe 3 though since its an hour from where I'm going to.

Awhitechair,

I have an extra copy of the On being a scientist $8 book that u need to buy for part of the Writing class. Do u want it or did u already purchase things since I told u what u needed? I can mail it. Its rather thin. Maybe I can even mail the stuff I said I'd give u. Good luck.

I am pretty sure I will be up there this weekend. I can get the stuff from you then. I have not bought that book yet. If you have any others you want to sell for cheap let me know. I already have the med micro book though. I will call you tomorrow if I am there. Maybe we can meet at USF.

Hi. I'm new to this thread and so I may have skipped some pages and if my questions have already been answered then I apologize. I'm an undergrad at USF and I am interested in the IMS program. So I have a couple of questions.

1) What is the max gpa that someone can have to be accepted. I know the min is 3.0 gpa & 22 MCAT score. But if someone were to say have a 3.4 (this is all hypothetical) bcpm and 30 MCAT would they still be eligible for the program?

2) How much does it cost to attend the program? I checked the website and every time I click financial aid it sends me to the medical school student website.

3) Does the IMS program factor ethnicity into their acceptance? I don't want to get in based on URM status but I'm just wondering.

4) If someone were to gain an acceptance into the USF IMS program would they be required to attend USF for Medical School? How does this work actually? Are you guaranteed admittance to the medical school or do you have to apply like everyone else? Do they mind if you were to apply to other Medical Schools?

So those are my main questions. I checked the website out and I'm really interested. Thing is since I'm a Junior (for 2008-2009 year) and technically have 3 more years (gen ed and major requirements and bad semester is causing me to graduate a semester later but I decided that I may do a post bacc so instead of graduating Fall of 2010 I decided that I'll graduate Spring of 2011 instead) I want to look at all my options first.

Edit: Oh and another question, lol, I noticed on the course curriculum that they have the classes picked out for you for the Fall Semester, Spring Semester and Summer Semester. For the Summer are those the first classes you take. If you're admitted to the program (IMS or any other SMP that USF has) when do you start? If you start in the Fall then when would you take your summer courses? Would this affect the Med Schools that you apply to?

Last edited:
Hi. I'm new to this thread and so I may have skipped some pages and if my questions have already been answered then I apologize. I'm an undergrad at USF and I am interested in the IMS program. So I have a couple of questions.

1) What is the max gpa that someone can have to be accepted. I know the min is 3.0 gpa & 22 MCAT score. But if someone were to say have a 3.4 (this is all hypothetical) bcpm and 30 MCAT would they still be eligible for the program?

2) How much does it cost to attend the program? I checked the website and every time I click financial aid it sends me to the medical school student website.

3) Does the IMS program factor ethnicity into their acceptance? I don't want to get in based on URM status but I'm just wondering.

4) If someone were to gain an acceptance into the USF IMS program would they be required to attend USF for Medical School? How does this work actually? Are you guaranteed admittance to the medical school or do you have to apply like everyone else? Do they mind if you were to apply to other Medical Schools?

So those are my main questions. I checked the website out and I'm really interested. Thing is since I'm a Junior (for 2008-2009 year) and technically have 3 more years (gen ed and major requirements and bad semester is causing me to graduate a semester later but I decided that I may do a post bacc so instead of graduating Fall of 2010 I decided that I'll graduate Spring of 2011 instead) I want to look at all my options first.

Edit: Oh and another question, lol, I noticed on the course curriculum that they have the classes picked out for you for the Fall Semester, Spring Semester and Summer Semester. For the Summer are those the first classes you take. If you're admitted to the program (IMS or any other SMP that USF has) when do you start? If you start in the Fall then when would you take your summer courses? Would this affect the Med Schools that you apply to?

this thread is more for students entering into the one year Master's programs at USF, but to the best of my abilities:

1. I don't know if there is a max value for gpa's or MCAT for the program. In the past I know people have reported they got in with test scores in that 27-29 range and lower. I don't know anyone in the program now so I couldn't say what kind of test scores people have. Maybe some of the people who applied to the program this year could share with you what their scores are. I would say if you have a 3.4 and a 30, don't waste your money on the IMS without giving the application cycle a shot first.

2. I believe IMS students pay full med school tuition for the program. The tuition for USF this year is a little less than 23K. Consider also that you won't be able to work to support yourself, so you'll also have to get loans to cover living. I'm taking out approximately 42k this year for tuition + living (ouch). That's a lot considering there aren't any guarantees with the program and if you get in you have to repeat everything.

3. I think the program officially does not select based on any under represented status, but I could be wrong.

4. You are not guaranteed anything with the program. From what I understand, students are going through the application process through USF and other schools at the same time as they are taking the classes. I think USF waits on the IMS students until nearly the end of the year, and then offers late interviews based on performance. I don't know if students are interviewing for actual spots, or just waitlist places. I think in the end a good number of students from IMS end up getting in, but it's in no way a guarantee. You are in the actual med school classes with the regular students, taking the same tests, etc. The only difference is you don't do any of the patient related stuff. It's a very tough program and in no way a back door into school. Classes wise, in the summer the IMS students take the pre-matriculation program, which is offered to the incoming M1 students and allows them to get a feel for how classes are taught and identify study habit weaknesses before real classes begin. In the fall, you'll start with the M1's in the molecular medicine block that begins approximately the last week of August.

I think the IMS program is a good option for students who maybe have tried multiple times and been unable to get a solid MCAT score, but have otherwise strong credentials. But, I don't think anyone would suggest doing a SMP-type program without applying at least once. Sure they can be helpful if you do well, but they'll bury you if you don't. The one year M.S. programs at USF that several of us have gone through or are about to are also options. The classes are graduate level, challenging, and very good at boosting your academic record, but not as time consuming as the med school classes. This opens up a lot more time to do other things to improve your application. Plus it's cheaper. Good luck.

Oh ok. I wasn't sure when someone would do a SMP. Thanks for answering my questions.

Tamar I'm not sure about all your questions (you should research more on the IMS website) but I can tell you this-
I had a 3.36 from undergrad (Microbio and Chem major with an AWFUL first two years due to cancer/family sickness and then nearly perfect last 2 1/2) and a 29R MCAT (11 Verb, 10 Bio, 08 Phy) and I did NOT get into the IMS program. They told me I was TOO competitive for it if you can believe that... they said my "MCAT was too high" (seriously?) and I should be able to "get into med school on my own". They only had 15 IMS spots so they wanted people who were in more unfortunate situations I suppose. I dunno. The funny thing was, I actually had already interviewed at USF med and then 2 weeks later found out that I did NOT get into med school on my own as they said I should. :(
Instead I applied to other Master's (IMS especially, there are tons of these in the US, just google it) and have been accepted to Loyola and also the Molecular Medicine master's at USF which this thread is really about. That leads me to my next question actually...

Guju/JVille/whoever: what do you think about Loyola's MAMS program versus the Molecular Medicine at USF for my situation? I have a strong app (as in EC activities and 3+ years research and publication) and am definitely re-applying this year (just sent in AMCAS) but I worry that doing a non-IMS program might not be enough to offset those grades I mentioned (i.e., Mol Med is not as highly respected as other places). However, I did already interview last year and I REALLY don't want to spend $30,000 on Loyola tuiition if I could just stay here in Tampa close to my family (plus I LOVE USF med). What do you think?

Also, Guju- where did you hear about that other one year Masters? I think it was like Microbiology and Cell Immuno or something? (the one with the Parasitology/Mycology class requirement). I've never seen it but I LOVE Parasitology and would be very interested if you had more info.
THANKS so much to all of the contributers! great thread guys :D

Tamar I'm not sure about all your questions (you should research more on the IMS website) but I can tell you this-
I had a 3.36 from undergrad (Microbio and Chem major with an AWFUL first two years due to cancer/family sickness and then nearly perfect last 2 1/2) and a 29R MCAT (11 Verb, 10 Bio, 08 Phy) and I did NOT get into the IMS program. They told me I was TOO competitive for it if you can believe that... they said my "MCAT was too high" (seriously?) and I should be able to "get into med school on my own". They only had 15 IMS spots so they wanted people who were in more unfortunate situations I suppose. I dunno. The funny thing was, I actually had already interviewed at USF med and then 2 weeks later found out that I did NOT get into med school on my own as they said I should. :(
Instead I applied to other Master's (IMS especially, there are tons of these in the US, just google it) and have been accepted to Loyola and also the Molecular Medicine master's at USF which this thread is really about. That leads me to my next question actually...

Guju/JVille/whoever: what do you think about Loyola's MAMS program versus the Molecular Medicine at USF for my situation? I have a strong app (as in EC activities and 3+ years research and publication) and am definitely re-applying this year (just sent in AMCAS) but I worry that doing a non-IMS program might not be enough to offset those grades I mentioned (i.e., Mol Med is not as highly respected as other places). However, I did already interview last year and I REALLY don't want to spend $30,000 on Loyola tuiition if I could just stay here in Tampa close to my family (plus I LOVE USF med). What do you think?

Also, Guju- where did you hear about that other one year Masters? I think it was like Microbiology and Cell Immuno or something? (the one with the Parasitology/Mycology class requirement). I've never seen it but I LOVE Parasitology and would be very interested if you had more info.
THANKS so much to all of the contributers! great thread guys :D

If USF is your top choice then I think it'd be a no-brainer to do the M.S. there, but if you're looking for other schools, especially out of state that might not be familiar with what USF is doing, then choose the other one. I had very similar stats to yours and had no problem in the application cycle. I think the most important thing is making sure you do well in whatever you choose. This is probably a good time of year to catch admissions people who might be willing to talk to you, so run it by them and get some more opinions. Personally though, I think I'd save the $ and stay in sunny FL. Good luck.

If USF is your top choice then I think it'd be a no-brainer to do the M.S. there, but if you're looking for other schools, especially out of state that might not be familiar with what USF is doing, then choose the other one. I had very similar stats to yours and had no problem in the application cycle. I think the most important thing is making sure you do well in whatever you choose. This is probably a good time of year to catch admissions people who might be willing to talk to you, so run it by them and get some more opinions. Personally though, I think I'd save the $ and stay in sunny FL. Good luck.

I think that is the bottom line. With your stats and good grades in the USF MM program, you shouldn't have a problem getting in at USF..especially since you have already been through one app cycle with them. Not saying you need to at all, but are you planning on retaking the MCAT? :luck:

Thanks so much guys! I really appreciate your advice. I know the MAMS is a more respected program but I've already accepted at USF and only have a week to change my mind with Loyola so I think I'll most likely stay here, close to home, at the school I really want to attend. The MAMS program does have a sweet deal where if you have a 28 on the MCAT, a 3.0 from undergrad and maintain a 3.5 in their program, you are GUARANTEED an interview. I think that's pretty generous, but then again staying here and saving about $22,000 on tuition is nice too. Thanks again everyone and good luck wherever you end up! Jville, will you be at USF med this year? wherever you're going, congrats!!

AWhitehair- sorry I didn't see your question before :) Yes, I am planning on retaking the MCAT... last year I was working fulltime and didn't realize how much I would need to study AFTER doing kaplan (what a waste of time for the class but good online material, unfortunately mine is expired tho) so I was terrified when I took it and definitely not ready. I only took one full practice exam before my real test (I know, I hate even saying that on here but it is true) so I really think I could get a few points higher, especially with my physical score being so low. I wanted to take it this summer in July but unfortunately with having to work, my situation hasn't been much better than last year's, probably worse even. I just quit my job in anticipation of starting a master's program, so now that I have some time I'm definitely giving it my all. I'm signed up for aug 26th because 1) it was all I could get and 2) I need every last day until the master's classes start. If I don't feel ready by then, I think I'm going to cancel it and just deal with the 29 because I'm too afraid of trying to study while in the master's and not doing as well in my classes (which have to be PERFECT if I want to get in this year). so, long story short, I'm trying to take it again, but still weighing the risks versus benefits... sorry for the novel :)
PS I am ******ed when it comes to the SDN site... how do I change my picture (avatar?) from this dorky flower to custom ones like you guys have?

LOL. First find a pic you want. There are several ways of doing this, and here are a couple....

1) Go to "my account" and then "edit avatar". Select “custom avatar” and then just browse for the pic you found on your computer.

a) Go to google and search for whatever you want. Like “Angelina Jolie Avatar”
b) Go to google images and search "Angelina Jolie" and if it is too large compress it.

2) Go to "my account" and then "edit avatar". Select “custom avatar” and then you can simply copy/paste the URL under the edit avatar screen on SDN.

a) Find any picture and save to photobucket or the like. Use photbucket to make image smaller.

Attachments

• 5803.gif
    5803.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 1,248
Wow, thanks for that post. I wonder how this years class compares.

Thanks Guju and Jville... these kinds of stats are very refreshing, at least for me. I've been worried lately that maybe this Molecular Medicine isn't as respectable or perhaps well-known enough to get me into school for this app cycle, but you guys have really helped me feel better about it. Thanks so much for still contributing to this thread even though you have long since finished your classes, your input is exactly what we need to hear! Who knows Guju, maybe we will end up being classmates???? ;) Thanks again everyone.

Thanks Guju and Jville... these kinds of stats are very refreshing, at least for me. I've been worried lately that maybe this Molecular Medicine isn't as respectable or perhaps well-known enough to get me into school for this app cycle, but you guys have really helped me feel better about it. Thanks so much for still contributing to this thread even though you have long since finished your classes, your input is exactly what we need to hear! Who knows Guju, maybe we will end up being classmates???? ;) Thanks again everyone.

Respect is relative...when you're starting classes as an M1 you'll have the last laugh. Just do well, take advantage of what USF offers, and you'll be fine. Good luck.

Guju--

I am seeking your advice because you seem to be very imformed with the tendencies of USF. I am taking the MCAT Aug. 22nd and also starting the Mol. Med. Masters. I am going to submit my application in the next week or so and have my MCAT scores follow. I will also give progress updates through the year to each school that I apply to show my capability in the grad. degree.

I have read that there currently is relatively slow waitlist movement at USF. I was under the impression that students were accepted off of the waitlist up until summer before matriculation. What I am getting at is do I have any chance applying for '09 at USF, with it being so late?

Thanks for the advice.

I am going to have a room in a nice house near campus up for rent. Looking for someone in the graduate med field, IMS, MMS, MD, whatever...

Quiet, clean, focused, etc.

PM me if interested

Is anyone planning on taking the MCAT in January? If so maybe we can study together before or after classes. Let me know!

I have a room available immediately in a 3/2 home in Wesley Chapel. You would have your own bathroom. Rent is $400, plus 1/3 of utilities. Contract would be month to month. PM me if interested.

Anybody thinking of applying to the USF programs when the new cycle opens up Dec 15? I'm interested in Radiology so I'm thinking the Anatomy program might fit those interests. Also thinking of the Molecular Medicine program as well.

I know some people were asking where to find housing. I found this on USF's website in an attached word document from the "New Student Checklist" Icon to the right. I'm from Tampa originally but have been at UF for UGrad so even I don't recognize a lot of the apartment places that have gone up.

.Places to Stay.
.Monticello Apartments ..http://www.monticellousf.edu.. are very nice if you are interested in a suite-style arrangement. They are within walking distance and the shuttle bus stops in front of the complex. They are four bedroom furnished apartments with separate baths, mini refrigerators, and microwaves in each room. Overall, they aren’t bad at all. .
. .
.Some other local apartments include:.
. .
.42-North ..http://www.42-north.com.. .
.Furnished (Seemed nice, close by).
. .
.Park Avenue ..http://www.parkavenueapartmentstampa.com.. .
.Unfurnished (Mediocre but okay for a college student. But for the price look into the Falls or Village Oaks).
. .
.The Falls Apartments ..http://thefallstampa.com/index.shtml.. .
.Unfurnished (Very nice. Reasonable rent. Quiet. You will need a car.).
. .
.Village Oaks ..www.zomusa.com.. .
.Unfurnished (Very nice. Reasonable rent. You will need a car.).
. .
.The Lodge at Lakecrest ..www.lodgeatlakecrest.com.. .
.(Expensive! But REALLY nice. You will need a car.).
. .

Does anyone know how many people that complete the IMS program get accepted into USF medical school? Does it help in any way for getting accepted into it?

Does anyone know how many people that complete the IMS program get accepted into USF medical school? Does it help in any way for getting accepted into it?

ooo.. thx for the cost! thats not as mch as med school!

I had a friend in it and of the 12 people in the program, 6 got into USF COM. Which is pretty good- as an applicant ur chances go from about 5% rate of acceptance to 50%... AND you end up being at the top of your class!