This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nope that is my back up choice, Usciences is my top choice. Did you apply anywhere else?

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be giving up my seat at Usciences as I’ve gotten into a program that’s more affordable and structured better so I hope it helps someone out! The program is extremely expensive (135k after scholarships) the cost of living in Philadelphia is also very very expensive. The structure of the curriculum in the 2nd and 3rd year makes it merely impossible to find housing without dealing with the upcharge of a short term lease. You come and go every 4 months or so. Best of luck everyone!!

Reactions: 1 user
I live in philly already so my commute is like 15 minutes which is perfect. Usciences has been my top choice for awhile now, but I wish you the best of luck where you decide to go instead!

I live in philly already so my commute is like 15 minutes which is perfect. Usciences has been my top choice for awhile now, but I wish you the best of luck where you decide to go instead!
oh that's great!! Yeah Usciences is my top too, thanks and wish you luck too :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have officially turned down my offer at USciences! Hopefully this will open a seat for anyone on the waitlist. Best of luck everyone!!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you, Best of luck to you too! Where have you decided to go?

Anybody here anything as when the acceptance deadline was and when they start looking at wait list?

Oh ok. I guess I’m hoping we start hearing something by Friday

I was told by the admissions office that they will be going over the waitlist and sending out updates in the beginning of March! I got a call last week that I was accepted from the waitlist and I will be committing to usciences!

I was told by the admissions office that they will be going over the waitlist and sending out updates in the beginning of March! I got a call last week that I was accepted from the waitlist and I will be committing to usciences!
Congratulations! If you don’t mind me asking what was your gpa, pt hours etc. just so if I don’t get in I know how to improve my resume for next year

Congratulations! If you don’t mind me asking what was your gpa, pt hours etc. just so if I don’t get in I know how to improve my resume for next year

Thank you!! I graduated from Rutgers with a degree in exercise science, 3.56 gpa, about 300 observation hours in outpatient pt clinics and 2 letters of rec- one from a licensed PT and one from a professor. I was also told by admissions at Usciences that if you remain on the waiting list at this point you can send them new letters of rec and updated observation hours which may help your application if that’s something you’re able to do. I was definitely going to try that if I didn’t hear back from them. Good luck!

Thank you!! I graduated from Rutgers with a degree in exercise science, 3.56 gpa, about 300 observation hours in outpatient pt clinics and 2 letters of rec- one from a licensed PT and one from a professor. I was also told by admissions at Usciences that if you remain on the waiting list at this point you can send them new letters of rec and updated observation hours which may help your application if that’s something you’re able to do. I was definitely going to try that if I didn’t hear back from them. Good luck!
congrats! when was ur interview by any chance?

did you get a call from Aimee?

My interview was December 13 and yes I got a call from Aimee Friday that I was accepted!
thats awesome, did she tell you how they're going through the order of the waitlist?

Last edited:
thats awesome, did she tell you how they're going through the order of the waitlist?
No but I emailed her a couple of weeks ago about it and she said they dont give out rankings for the waitlist but they would be going through it and updating people in the next couple weeks.

No but I emailed her a couple of weeks ago about it and she said they dont give out rankings for the waitlist but they would be going through it and updating people in the next couple weeks.
gotchya, did you email her updates about your application?

As of right now they said they are at max capacity and are assessing the wait list further this week and updating people next week and the following.

As of right now they said they are at max capacity and are assessing the wait list further this week and updating people next week and the following.
you called the admission office and they told you that the spots are filled?

Yeah.. sadly. But there could be people that committed to other schools already and they may turn down their acceptance. Never know, I’m just gonna try to stay positive

Yeah.. sadly. But there could be people that committed to other schools already and they may turn down their acceptance. Never know, I’m just gonna try to stay positive
yeah same, I mean the deposit deadline was last week, so whoever they have filled for the spots are committed to the school already

Exactly. The only people who have a chance to drop are the waitlist people. Did you have a back up school you were accepted too?

Exactly. The only people who have a chance to drop are the waitlist people. Did you have a back up school you were accepted too?
true, no I don't have a school, I'm currently on waitlist for another school as well, but I've already created a backup plan for applying this upcoming cycle, so that's the plan, how about you?

I got accepted to Alvernia University. It’s good school and great opportunity. Usciences was just perfect for me cause I don’t have to leave home for 3 years and it’s in the city which I think is cool. But I’ll go where I am accepted so I can get the ball moving, but if I don’t get accepted to Usciences I will be calling for sure to see where I went wrong

I got accepted to Alvernia University. It’s good school and great opportunity. Usciences was just perfect for me cause I don’t have to leave home for 3 years and it’s in the city which I think is cool. But I’ll go where I am accepted so I can get the ball moving, but if I don’t get accepted to Usciences I will be calling for sure to see where I went wrong
that's great! yeah any DPT school is the same as long as you get the degree and pass the boards. USP is my top choice as well, so I will as well contact them about what I can improve on my application. I don't think the waitlist will be moving considering that the class is full lol, but I'm glad at least we had the opportunity to be on the waitlist :)

That’s true! Hey thy said they pull people all the way up till the 2 weeks before classes, so you never know.

That’s true! Hey thy said they pull people all the way up till the 2 weeks before classes, so you never know.
I thought they give out all the answers by March? that's what I heard

Either way if your accepted or not they reach out to you to tell you whats going on, at least that’s what Aimee told me

Either way if your accepted or not they reach out to you to tell you whats going on, at least that’s what Aimee told me
yeah true, I did hear they basically rank the waitlist and pick ppl out by how high the GPA is

If that’s true that kinda sucks because that completely disregards the rest of the application and achievements you have.

If that’s true that kinda sucks because that completely disregards the rest of the application and achievements you have.
yeah exactly, then there was no point of the interview or anything regarding your experiences

I hope that is not the case, I’m going to try to remain positive for a little while longer then if worst come to worst I’ll have to move on