This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Angelina2-6

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have recently received the chance to interview for USciences's DPT program. Can anyone who has gone through their interview process share their interview experience, share any advice on how to prepare for the day, share what questions they got in the interview, and elaborate on their group interview format?

I was also wondering if any current students or alumni who are seeing this would be available to answer some more specific questions about their USciences DPT experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I also applied to USP and I know they look at applications on a rolling basis, so I was wondering when you submitted your application.

Hi! I also applied to USP and I know they look at applications on a rolling basis, so I was wondering when you submitted your application.
submitted it end of august, did you apply?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! I got the "your complete application has been received" email on October 2nd!

I got an Interview date for January 8th. Anyone else?

My interview is Tuesday. Would love some insight if anyone has any!

Hi everyone I interviewed at the first interview day at USP. It’s broken down into 3 parts for my group the first was a team building activity (we had to use pictures and build an assistive device) then there was an essay portion (typical interview describe a situation question) and they give you as much time as you need to answer, last is the group interview where each person takes turns answering questions first (my group had 5 people). they do a really good job of making everyone as comfortable as possible. Most of the questions are personality based. Hope this helped & good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone I interviewed at the first interview day at USP. It’s broken down into 3 parts for my group the first was a team building activity (we had to use pictures and build an assistive device) then there was an essay portion (typical interview describe a situation question) and they give you as much time as you need to answer, last is the group interview where each person takes turns answering questions first (my group had 5 people). they do a really good job of making everyone as comfortable as possible. Most of the questions are personality based. Hope this helped & good luck everyone!
I did not hear about this format from anyone else I have spoken to about the interview except for you! Interesting! We'll see how it goes today.

I did not hear about this format from anyone else I have spoken to about the interview except for you! Interesting! We'll see how it goes today.
How did your interview go? Was it the same format?

hey! did u get a decision from usp yet? i also had an interview that same day :)

Hey I was also the first interview day! How’d your interview go? Did you hear from USP yet?
oh that's great! did u hear anything? no haven't heard anything, do u know if any of your group heard anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
oh that's great! did u hear anything? no haven't heard anything, do u know if any of your group heard anything?
I was in the same group as McliffPT. I don’t know if any of them have heard yet. Originally we were told we’d here within a week, but I guess they are mailing them out not emailing

I was in the same group as McliffPT. I don’t know if any of them have heard yet. Originally we were told we’d here within a week, but I guess they are mailing them out not emailing
yeah they told us we'd heard in a week and if not, then right before the holidays so idk. I know that they had more interviews this week and will have more next week. did anyone tell you they are mailing them out instead of emailing them?

I’ve seen mixed reviews online regarding if it gets delivered via email or mail.

do you know anyone who was put on waitlist and got accepted?
I mean you can see online there is different cases when people got in. But as of this year since we were in first interview day and group no one has heard back yet that we know of.

I was there this Thursday, essentially if you get an email you got in. If you get something in the mail that means you are either waitlisted or rejected. They said because of the holidays it might get delayed but typically you should expect an answer in a week.

I was there this Thursday, essentially if you get an email you got in. If you get something in the mail that means you are either waitlisted or rejected. They said because of the holidays it might get delayed but typically you should expect an answer in a week.
Is that what they said when you were there? I haven’t heard anyone say they got any emails yet?

Yes! I think its a little weird that they make decisions so quickly. I think they have 100+ interviews and only 35 spots left. These interview dates aren't ranked bc we picked them ourselves so I am a little confused as to how they rank everyone.

Yeah they said they make decisions the next day so idk. They said they were sending stuff out via mail

Hey guys I have an interview this Monday! Is this the second available interview? Also, how did the day go?? Any help and advice is much appreciated! Thank you guys so much!

Hey guys I have my interview tomorrow morning! Can anyone please provide what kind of questions were asked?? Thank you!!

Hey guys I have my interview tomorrow morning! Can anyone please provide what kind of questions were asked?? Thank you!!
Hey! How was your interview? I have my interview tomorrow morning and I'm super nervous! Any tips/advice would help!

Hey guys did anyone that interviewed at Usciences get a response? I interviewed today and they said hopefully Friday however could be after the new year :(. Just trying to see how quick the turn around time is! Thank you!!

Hey guys did anyone that interviewed at Usciences get a response? I interviewed today and they said hopefully Friday however could be after the new year :(. Just trying to see how quick the turn around time is! Thank you!!
how was your interview? did they tell you they would send out decisions by mail or email?

They said email I believe. I think it went well it was an extremely weird conversation the questions weren’t very orthodox haha. How was yours?

They said email I believe. I think it went well it was an extremely weird conversation the questions weren’t very orthodox haha. How was yours?
yeah the questions were interesting lol but all in all fun. how many students did you have in ur group?

yeah the questions were interesting lol but all in all fun. how many students did you have in ur group?
I had 4 and the other group had 4 so 8 in total for our slot! Did you hear back from them yet?

I had 4 and the other group had 4 so 8 in total for our slot! Did you hear back from them yet?
nope nothing, and idk if other students got an answer back or not. The interviews go up until mid-January I believe, right?

Just got a call, ACCEPTED!! has anyone else heard back yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! thank you so much! Just be calm and be yourself! the questions were pretty basic like why PT why the program, they're mostly trying to get to know you! You don't really do anything before the interview. When you show up head to the admissions office, and then you will be taken where the interviews are held! from then, youre broken down into two groups (I had 4 in my group and the other group had 4 as well), and you have to write a short essay about yourself. then, it's the group interview process where they ask basic questions and you take turns answering them! it's a great process! after, a current student will take you for a tour of the campus! overall, i enjoyed the experience and loved the facilities and the program! best of luck!! wish you all of the best, keep us updated!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey! thank you so much! Just be calm and be yourself! the questions were pretty basic like why PT why the program, they're mostly trying to get to know you! You don't really do anything before the interview. When you show up head to the admissions office, and then you will be taken where the interviews are held! from then, youre broken down into two groups (I had 4 in my group and the other group had 4 as well), and you have to write a short essay about yourself. then, it's the group interview process where they ask basic questions and you take turns answering them! it's a great process! after, a current student will take you for a tour of the campus! overall, i enjoyed the experience and loved the facilities and the program! best of luck!! wish you all of the best, keep us updated!!
Hey! My interview is in the morning at 8:30!!
Thank you so much for this!! Really calmed my nerves!!!

Thank you so much!!

Congratulations!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!

My interview is in the morning at 8:30!!
Best of luck! I hope you see this before you go! But, just be the best version of yourself. During my interview I felt that my answers and my personality was completely different from my group members. I actually panicked after thinking I was way to laid back but obviously they still like me! It's a very light hearted interview so just try to stay calm and be yourself! Best of luck. Also, I didn't have basic questions. All my questions were personality based; (Name a time you were in a group setting and things didn't go well... how did you handle it? What is the most current book you've read and why? etc.) Thinking on your feet is definitely going to occur! You'll do great!

I interviewed on December 13 and still am waiting for a response...anyone else still waiting or is it safe to assume it’s either waitlisted or rejected? :(

I interviewed on December 13 and still am waiting for a response...anyone else still waiting or is it safe to assume it’s either waitlisted or rejected? :(
I wouldn't assume much yet. I heard back the next day, basically 24 hours after my interview, but I've seen multiple people say they didn't hear back for a week or so after their interview. Keep positive!!

Anyone got any updates on their application after their interview?

when did u get the letter in the mail? and did u contact them to ask what u can do to help your application?
I think yesterday? I’m gonna contact them after the holidays to ask what is my rank to see if I have a chance of getting accepted. There's nothing you can do to help your application but you can ask the rank if they have that yet.

I think yesterday? I’m gonna contact them after the holidays to ask what is my rank to see if I have a chance of getting accepted. There's nothing you can do to help your application but you can ask the rank if they have that yet.
Hey! Congratulations on the waitlist! Did you get an email or did you get it in the mail? The first year student that was doing my tour said that most people in her class that are post-bacc got in from the waitlist. most schools go through the waitlist significantly since a lot of people that initially get accepted end up going to other schools. Don’t worry, everything will work out and I wish you all of the best!

Hey! Congratulations on the waitlist! Did you get an email or did you get it in the mail? The first year student that was doing my tour said that most people in her class that are post-bacc got in from the waitlist. most schools go through the waitlist significantly since a lot of people that initially get accepted end up going to other schools. Don’t worry, everything will work out and I wish you all of the best!
I received it in the mail, thank you! yeah everything will work out hopefully. I just need to call and see what number I am. I hope this school gives rankings.