USC Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got the invitation few minutes ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Woot nothing :oops: I think things happen for a reason XD I might be doing something else :p Good luck everyone and congratz!

Don't give up hope! I just declined my interview invitation today after thinking about it for a long time.. they'll be giving out more invites I'm sure :D

Can I ask why you declined the interview? Is is because you got into UCSF or some where else?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Can I ask why you declined the interview? Is is because you got into UCSF or some where else?
Thanks

I went to USC for undergrad - and although I'd love to go back, it's just too expensive for me to go to for another 4 years :(

has anyone spoke to USC? is this definitely their last interview?:xf:

has anyone spoke to USC? is this definitely their last interview?:xf:

I think they already send all interviews. There are a slim chance of getting an interview next week but no guarantees.

anyone else in TAP still on active consideration?

TAP students aren't put on AC.. o_o the program offers USC's undergrads a means of almost guaranteed admission into their PharmD program after successful completion of their bachelors while meeting TAP requirements.

Well I am in TAP and was put on AC since Oct. Many TAP students were admitted last month, though.

TAP students aren't put on AC.. o_o the program offers USC's undergrads a means of almost guaranteed admission into their PharmD program after successful completion of their bachelors while meeting TAP requirements.

I heard TAP doesn't guarantee admission anymore - only that you'll get an interview.

when was the march interview? I'm on active consideration, so I'm wondering when in April we would expect to hear back again..

the march interview was postponed to April 6. so we could hear back again at the end of April.

Members don't see this ad :)
in the beginning they had said the march 23 interview date was subject to change

Good luck on the interviews tomorrow. Hope to see some of you there!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

That was the hardest interview I've had so far. Talk about being grilled. Best of luck to everyone, I was hinted that I may not make the cut.

That was the hardest interview I've had so far. Talk about being grilled. Best of luck to everyone, I was hinted that I may not make the cut.

How soon did they say they will let you guys know about your status?

interview was pretty chill, but yeah the essay was pretty tough compared to all the other schools I applied to.

got to meet some pretty cool people too. didn't realize everyone was from UCI though hahaha.

P.S. If "Chris" is on this forum, sorry I forgot your real name. Hopefully everything went smooth for yah

i interviewed this past sat also. it was definitely my most difficult interview also :(. how did they hint that you wouldn't get in? that's rude :/

i interviewed this past sat also. it was definitely my most difficult interview also :(. how did they hint that you wouldn't get in? that's rude :/

The interviewer asked me why I only applied to a few schools. I told them because I was interested in pursuing a Ph.D as well, and wanted to apply to schools with a dual program. Afterwards, they gave me advise to "apply for more schools next time around even if they don't have a Ph.D program"

I'm not sure how to take it, but I'm not stressing over it anymore, what's done is done. We'll just have to wait for the results.

so was this the last round of interviews? No more?

yes, april 6th was the last round of interviews. the dean of admissions told us they would be accepting approximately 40 students from this batch of applicants.

yeah i heard about 150 students have already been accepted...

yeah i heard about 150 students have already been accepted...

From my understanding, the gentleman who spoke with us indicated less than 100 have been accepted.

Last edited:
anyone still on active consideration from January interview?
I am as well. I thought a lot of TAP kids got accepted right away though. My friend who has a lower gpa than me got in right after her interview which was later than mine. I blame my interview though since I didn't have much pharmacy experience and didn't really prepare for it (they said not to worry about it and I took it literally). Learned my lesson. Are we really supposed to wait until August? That's just ridiculous.

From my understanding, the dean indicated less than 100 have been accepted.

I wonder how many have been placed on active consideration thus far. I've been on AC since January...wonder what my chances are of getting in. Is it true that you have a higher chance of getting in if you were interviewed Jan/Feb? I heard they interview the most competitive applicants earlier on

TAP does not guarantee admission, only interview.

I wonder how many have been placed on active consideration thus far. I've been on AC since January...wonder what my chances are of getting in. Is it true that you have a higher chance of getting in if your were interviewed Jan/Feb? I heard they interview the most competitive applicants earlier on
From talking with a few people from the January interview, most of them had already graduated or were on their last semester which is probably why they interviewed earlier on.

From talking with a few people from the January interview, most of them had already graduated or were on their last semester which is probably why they interviewed earlier on.

I think realistically, your chances are pretty high if you were interviewed in January. I am also on active consideration right now from January and feel like we have a pretty good chance of getting in. Think about it, if they didn't want us we would have been rejected already. (I heard they already rejected a bunch of people from previous interviews) From what I understand, those placed on active consideration have something like a 50%-70% chance of getting in. By the way, I came across this website that gives statistics about the # of applicants that were interviewed and accepted during the 2011 cycle for each school. USC is on page 26-27. Check it out: http://www.aacp.org/resources/student/pharmacyforyou/admissions/Documents/PSAR-1213_narratives.pdf
The stats look really promising =)

Last edited:
I think realistically, your chances are pretty high if you were interviewed in January. I am also on active consideration right now from January and feel like we have a pretty good chance of getting in. Think about it, if they didn't want us we would have been rejected already. (I heard they already rejected a bunch of people from previous interviews) From what I understand, those placed on active consideration have something like a 50%-70% chance of getting in. By the way, I came across this website that gives statistics about the # of applicants that were interviewed and accepted during the 2011 cycle for each school. USC is on page 26-27. Check it out: http://www.aacp.org/resources/student/pharmacyforyou/admissions/Documents/PSAR-1213_narratives.pdf
The stats look really promising =)
Are you in TAP or did you do your undergrad somewhere else? I guess AC is better than getting rejected but I just feel like they're playing with us. 50% isn't really promising especially since I was totally dependent on USC b/c of TAP. They shouldn't have to make us wait until August for a decision, though. I remember last year a little before graduation, some TAP seniors still hadn't received their interview invites.

Are you in TAP or did you do your undergrad somewhere else? I guess AC is better than getting rejected but I just feel like they're playing with us. 50% isn't really promising especially since I was totally dependent on USC b/c of TAP. They shouldn't have to make us wait until August for a decision, though. I remember last year a little before graduation, some TAP seniors still hadn't received their interview invites.

where did you hear that they are making TAP students wait until August? is this what happened last year?

oh what? i didn't get any emails that said that. did dona send that? i just got an active consideration email in november and that's been pretty much it. i'm hoping they will get back to us by the end of this month....

oh what? i didn't get any emails that said that. did dona send that? i just got an active consideration email in november and that's been pretty much it. i'm hoping they will get back to us by the end of this month....
Not Dona, but the emails from the director ("Jim").
This is what came in the email:
USC Updates: February 16, 2013 until August 15, 2013

Are you sure you didn't get any emails after November? I got 2 in March saying the same thing but they were in my Spam folder. You should check again!

Not Dona, but the emails from the director ("Jim").
This is what came in the email:
USC Updates: February 16, 2013 until August 15, 2013

ohhh. i think you might be misinterpreting..... that time range refers to the window of time that you as an applicant can send USC pharmacy school your updated transcripts and proof of degree.

in my november active consideration email, it also said this:
"PharmCAS Updates: December 15, 2012 until February 15, 2013
USC Updates: February 16, 2013 until August 15, 2013"
, where the dec 15-feb 15 was the time window when you could submit transcripts to thepharmcas website. After the pharmcas update thing shuts down on feb 15, you would then directly update USC yourself during feb 16-aug 15.

No I'm not in TAP. But in all honesty I wouldn't worry about it. People have been telling me that being on AC is really good. I'm confident that we should hear good news soon. When did you interview?

From my understanding, the gentleman who spoke with us indicated less than 100 have been accepted.
around 150 students is correct. They gave us a list of students that have been accepted so far

No I'm not in TAP. But in all honesty I wouldn't worry about it. People have been telling me that being on AC is really good. I'm confident that we should hear good news soon. When did you interview?
I interviewed in Jan, the first of the interview dates. What about you? I had Dr. Wong and a female student who grilled me more than the professor. I plan on appealing though if I don't get in, if it'll even make a difference.

For those that interviewed on April 6th, have you guys received any email regarding to financial aid info yet? Thanks

they gave us a paper with info for FAFSA and Loans but i haven't received anything other than that...

Is the list found in the ac email?

I got an active consideration letter but I did not see anything about 150 students being accepted. Was this on the acceptance letter?

Is there anyone here that's been placed on active consideration but has been accepted to other schools? If so, do you still wish to attend USC? Or will you guys probably go with the other school, given that you've been accepted already? I guess what I'm wondering is, do you still want to attend a school that has designated you as a "waitlist" or would you prefer attending the school that has already accepted you?

Last edited:
Is there anyone here that's been placed on active consideration but has been accepted to other schools? If so, do you still wish to attend USC? Or will you guys probably go with the other school, given that you've been accepted already? I guess what I'm wondering is, do you still want to attend a school that has designated you as a "waitlist" or would you prefer attending the school that has already accepted you?

Anyone???