USC 2009-2010 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I thought it was just so that people wouldn't call and bug them all the time as to their status. Uop quoted 3-4 weeks but I received a decision in a week.

I also think it because they don't want people bugging them. As for UOP, they told us 3-4 weeks but it depends when the adcom meets. So I guess they met after your interview and made the decisions for your interviews and others, so I guess it made it quicker. Also, USC has a lot of decisions to make in 4-6 weeks, they interviewed about 150 applicants in one day. So they probably have a lot of sifting through apps to see which option is the best. I know those 4-6 weeks will seem like an eternity!

Members don't see this ad.

Farmercyst, you really do a lot for our peace of mind. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Seriously.

I have a question, although I don't expect there'll be a straightforward answer. I'm wondering why the decisions were made within 3-4 weeks last year (11/13 interviews with first week Dec. decisions mailed), but this year are expected to take 4-6 weeks? Did the number of people interviewed this year increase from last year?

Yeah, I don't really know. Could be anything from a delay in processing the late applications (before deciding on interviews) to a schedule conflict with adcom members to a desire to prevent getting phone calls from 2 1/2 weeks up until the decisions actually go out. Afterall, if they anticipate 4 weeks and they get them out in four weeks, they should only get a few calls if they tell you 4-6 weeks. If they tell you 3-4 weeks and they get them out in the same 4 weeks, they'll be handling 10 days worth of "did you send them out yet" phone calls. Who's to say which one or combination it may be.

Members don't see this ad :)
Me four!
It seems like a CENTURYYYY already!
I feels like with each day passing, my confidence is just going down! Anyone has the same problem???? :scared:

Me 5. I came out of the interview feeling good. Now I can't stop thinking about the interview, and I keep questioning about what I did wrong during the interview. I am not so confident any more. Six weeks is too long.:(

I am doing the same thing...came out feeling great, but nowadays all I can do is obsess over what I should have said instead or if they even liked my answers :/ grrrrr. This wait is very painful! I hope they make decisions soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm glad I am not the only one who feels this way. I think about it everyday. I can't help it. :(

I want to know soon too! It's coming close to the time I have to put down a deposit for another school. I'm clinging to the nice feedback I received from both my professor and student interviewer after my USC interview.

Whoaa exciting! I just received an interview invite for Jan. 23!

Whoaa exciting! I just received an interview invite for Jan. 23!

wow , good for you, when did you send your applications if I may ask ?

wow , good for you, when did you send your applications if I may ask ?

I submitted PharmCAS late August and the supplemental around Oct 1st. Good luck!

Luxubu: Thank you and I hope to see you there! :luck:

Just got my interview invite for USC today! YAY! :)

That's good new! ^_^ Good luck to everyone who is going to USC interview!
For the ones who already went to the interview, personally, after 12 days of keeping thinking about it, I came to a decision to just concentrate on whatever I'm doing right now (which is preparing for my finals! :)) and let God (or the computer) handle the rest! Again, good luck to everyone!
Let us all cross our fingers! :xf:

I had my interview on Nov 21st too and these 12 days have been difficult. I'm hoping someone will post that they got their acceptance letter so I can have a reason to be nervous........

They got those out early. I wouldn't have expected the invites out until after finals.

i submitted my application on the last day, do you think when they will send out invitations for those who submitted on the last day?

yay just got my interview invite yesterday for 1/23 as well! submitted pharmcas mid august and supps 8/30.=) good luck everyone!

I had my interview on Nov 21st too and these 12 days have been difficult. I'm hoping someone will post that they got their acceptance letter so I can have a reason to be nervous........

:eek: its only been 12 days?! ughhhh

i cant take the wait anymore.. i hope decisions will be out next week :D

After interviewing at USC, I can say my impression of the school and the students have changed a lot. I was expecting some faculty that were less than pleasant (as I have experienced first-hand at the main campus during my PCAT), but i was surprised to see everyone was extremely friendly and helpful.

My interview was extremely in-formal, more like a friendly conversation (I interviewed in his lab office), and we spent most of the time talking about where I'm from, and the kinds of foods they have.

USC has become my first choice school and I really want to go there now. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, seeing how competitive the applicant pool is, and how I have a 3.27 cumulative GPA, I was pleasantly surprised USC invited me for an interview. Needless to say, I hope I get some good news, and wish everyone luck on their applications! :D

Hey~! I know you! I met you at the interview. I sat next to you while Jim spoke to us! :oops:

Seriously?! Hmm I don't remember who I sat next to... Were you the one talking to me about the writing sample the year before?

My friend called USC and they said that we should be hearing from them before USC goes on winter break...so I guess sometime this week!!! Sooooo nervous!!!

My friend called USC and they said that we should be hearing from them before USC goes on winter break...so I guess sometime this week!!! Sooooo nervous!!!

I think it can be either this week or next week. Quarter system gets off this week, but semester schools don't finish until next week. Unless they were specific when your friend called.

Last day of pharm finals is the 18th.. so i am guessing next week??

Really, next week? Wow, I'm so nervous!
But again, Jim said it would take 4-6 weeks, so, I guess it's about time then!
Again, good luck everyone!:xf:

ok so it's thursday night, you know they aren't sending those things out over the weekend.

i submitted my application on the last day, do you think when they will send out invitations for those who submitted on the last day?

As long as your application was complete and on time it will be considered.
Mine was postmarked 10/30/06 the year I applied. I was in the last interview cycle and my GPA was right around the average for my class.

I think it can be either this week or next week. Quarter system gets off this week, but semester schools don't finish until next week. Unless they were specific when your friend called.

My last final is next Monday, so I'd imagine some time next week. Though faculty stays a week longer because they have to grade all the exams and get final grades in. So it depends on who's winter break they're referring to. Could be week after if they're going by when faculty get their break. :(

So nervous...i wonder when USC send the next interview group mail. USC is my first choice :idea:. Anyone know when is the next possible date when USC send a package of snail mail interview??

So nervous...i wonder when USC send the next interview group mail. USC is my first choice :idea:. Anyone know when is the next possible date when USC send a package of snail mail interview??

I think interview invites are sent via e-mail, not snail mail.

Next set of interviews in Saturday, January 23, 2010.

They don't notify you until like a few weeks before that. Just enjoy your holidays until you get that invite :D