UQ Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jessicarabbit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there all you UQ students!

I'm a Canadian transferring into Y3 in January and I'm completely lost. I've been asked to pick my rotations and I have no idea how to go about this. Do you pick your rotation based on where you live or do you move somewhere based on what rotation you want? What are the best rotations to start with? What do most students do? What are the best hospitals to be in?

Also, where do most students live? I'm not sure about the whole dormitory thing. Is that where med students live or do most have their own apartments? If it's their own apartments, where are these (ie. towns, areans, etc.) and how do I go about finding a place? I won't be down to Brisbane until we start in January so I need some help from students who are already there and who know what they're doing.

If anybody can offer some advice, I would appreciate it very much. All the information I can get is helpful in sorting out this great mess for me! Please help. I'm so excited about coming to Australia but I'm also so scared!

Take care! :)

Members don't see this ad.