Uploading photo through ECFMG on MyERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imthere

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering how long it takes for a photo to get approved after uploading on Oasis. I know it says 1 to 2 days online, its been 1 and a half days since I took the photo and just want to make sure everything is ready for tomorrow.

Also I was thinking about taking a new photo but don't want to restart the approval process, am I correct to assume that's how this works?

Members don't see this ad.

I took mine on Monday and got uploaded this morning, so your picture should be up by later tonight. A new photo will take a day or two to process again.

Should I apply to programs now or wait for the photo to be uploaded before I begin applying?

Should I apply to programs now or wait for the photo to be uploaded before I begin applying?

I know ERAS opens tomorrow, but questions like this are very frustrating. Why would it matter if you waited to apply - it can only hurt by waiting if you application is otherwise complete, and your ERAS is continuously updated as things come in (i.e. with MSPE in October) so the same is true with the picture.

Oy!

You can assign the photo to all the programs and it will get send when it gets uploaded, but apply instead of waiting.