UOP 2010 application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waiting is pure agony. I filled out my fafsa which is a good thing but all I need is to get accepted

Members don't see this ad.

Waiting is pure agony. I filled out my fafsa which is a good thing but all I need is to get accepted

UCM I feel you, I interviewed a week after you on Feb 5th. I heard back from UOP the following Thursday after my interview and was put on hold. My hold-letter states that "my application is strong enough for admission or a waitlist position" yet I have to wait until March.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the encouragement fatmaz and p4sci! 5 weeks is a long time to wait but it all turned out well for your friend. Fatmaz at least you know where you stand! good luck to you:luck:! Did you get in to any other schools? Is this your second time applying?

Thanks for the encouragement fatmaz and p4sci! 5 weeks is a long time to wait but it all turned out well for your friend. Fatmaz at least you know where you stand! good luck to you:luck:! Did you get in to any other schools? Is this your second time applying?

I'm not sure if that was aimed at me or not, so I'll answer just in case. I wasn't accepted at any other schools but I turned down the UCSF interview, and USC hasn't even granted me an interview yet, so I'm guessing I'll be rejected there soon enough.

I'm not sure if that was aimed at me or not, so I'll answer just in case. I wasn't accepted at any other schools but I turned down the UCSF interview, and USC hasn't even granted me an interview yet, so I'm guessing I'll be rejected there soon enough.

On the bright side at least you got accepted into UOP :)!If you were granted the interview to USC and then accepted...would you stay with UOP or go to USC?

On the bright side at least you got accepted into UOP :)!If you were granted the interview to USC and then accepted...would you stay with UOP or go to USC?

I'd stay with UoP, for a variety of reasons, the biggest of which is that it's closer to where my wife will be going to law school if everything works according to our plan, and I already have a house waiting for me in Stockton.

I'd stay with UoP, for a variety of reasons, the biggest of which is that it's closer to where my wife will be going to law school if everything works according to our plan, and I already have a house waiting for me in Stockton.

Wow...husband-pharmacist and wife-lawyer...what a pair!..That's great! Hope all works out with your situation!

Wow...husband-pharmacist and wife-lawyer...what a pair!..That's great! Hope all works out with your situation!

Well one thing it's going to do is be a lot of work and probably not a lot of us-time, particularly in school, but that's the life of two professionals. I have this bad feeling that we'll have a lot of money but no time to spend it.

I guess that's what retirement is for? LOL.

Thanks for the good words.

UCM this is my first time applying I applied to all CA schools except Loma Linda and USC. I heard from almost all of them, some good news and some bad, but that doesn't matter because my first choice is UOP.

Sci, can u shed some light on my situation? What do you think my chances are?:cool:

Last edited:
Hang in there, all! I know it's nerve-racking to wait for word, but I know that at my interview (01/29) the dean stated that they still had many spots available and truly wanted to give the ENTIRE applicant pool consideration. So, a "hold" is probably not as bad as it feels, and no word may mean they're truly considering admitting you. Only a month or so left until all is absolute. Until then, you've got folks out here thinking good thoughts for you!

Good luck and much peace... :love:

Life (in addition to becoming infinitely more satisfying) becomes a bit more complicated when you get married. I'm clinging pretty tightly to our "plan", too, Passion4Sci.

I wish you both lots of luck, and we'll see you in the fall!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just have to ask, where in Davis do you live? :O

We're about as far east as you can get while still being in the city of Davis. I guess we're considered "El Macero." We're looking forward to the change of scenery though.

We're about as far east as you can get while still being in the city of Davis. I guess we're considered "El Macero." We're looking forward to the change of scenery though.

Yeah, you're in the "8" instead of the "6" - Are you past Mace Ranch / Ikeda's Fruit Stand?

In case you didn't know, my wife and I also live in Davis! East as well, although not as far east as you I don't think - We're still west of Pole Line and "6".

Hang in there, all! I know it's nerve-racking to wait for word, but I know that at my interview (01/29) the dean stated that they still had many spots available and truly wanted to give the ENTIRE applicant pool consideration. So, a "hold" is probably not as bad as it feels, and no word may mean they're truly considering admitting you. Only a month or so left until all is absolute. Until then, you've got folks out here thinking good thoughts for you!

Good luck and much peace... :love:

Thanks Benzenebabe! your so nice! I wonder if i met you at our interview day (1/29)...but all in all... hope to see you in the fall! (totally rhymed at the end there lol)

Just got accepted!! So excited! Good luck to the rest of you!!

Thank you! I got my email at 11:25 this morning. Hope you get yours soon too!

Thanks Benzenebabe! your so nice! I wonder if i met you at our interview day (1/29)...but all in all... hope to see you in the fall! (totally rhymed at the end there lol)

I'm sure that we did meet on the 29th. I met a lot of really awesome students that day! I've been keeping my fingers crossed for you. Any word yet? Hang in there...I hope to see you in the fall, too!

I'm sure that we did meet on the 29th. I met a lot of really awesome students that day! I've been keeping my fingers crossed for you. Any word yet? Hang in there...I hope to see you in the fall, too!

hey benzenebabe. I haven't heard anything yet. not a hold letter not a rejection letter. nothing.... hoping that's a good sign. unless they send massive amounts of rejection letters at one time. that would be.....lame. lol

hey benzenebabe. I haven't heard anything yet. not a hold letter not a rejection letter. nothing.... hoping that's a good sign. unless they send massive amounts of rejection letters at one time. that would be.....lame. lol

UCM, I think that it may be a good sign you haven't heard anything yet. I heard back immediately (less than a week) with a hold-letter. You're probably going to get accepted!
Good luck! :xf:

Last edited:
UCM, I think that it may be a good sign you haven't heard anything yet. I heard back immediately (less than a week) with a HOLD letter. You're probably going to get accepted!! I don't mean to get your hopes up, but that happened to a lot of people I've talked to.

good luck! As for me, I'm just going to be waiting until final letters go out on the 15th; im hoping i can join all of you who've been accepted!!!:xf:

hey fatmaz thanks for the good words! keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!:xf::xf:everyone is so nice on this thread!!! I wish everyone the best luck and for those that got accepted hope to see you in the fall!:D

How do you all like the city of Stockton? I've never been. But I just saw a featured story on Yahoo (right now) and it lists Stockton as the 2nd most "miserable" city : http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/americas-most-miserable-cities-2010

I guess Stockton was #1 on the list last year and is #2 on the list this year. I personally have never been to Stockton (and honestly if I got accepted to UOP I'd still go) but I just want to hear your thoughts about the city. Is it really that bad? :confused:

hey guys.since you guys went to the UOP interview already..do you know how many more interviews are left? I am still waiting for my rejection/invitation letter..i figure if i havn't heard from the school by now..i won't get it right? please give me ur best guess answer..doesn't have to be a nice one either :) thanks!!

How do you all like the city of Stockton? I've never been. But I just saw a featured story on Yahoo (right now) and it lists Stockton as the 2nd most "miserable" city : http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/americas-most-miserable-cities-2010

I guess Stockton was #1 on the list last year and is #2 on the list this year. I personally have never been to Stockton (and honestly if I got accepted to UOP I'd still go) but I just want to hear your thoughts about the city. Is it really that bad? :confused:

There are bad areas in Stockton but around UOP it is not. Every city you go to will have bad areas that you want to avoid and that applies to Stockton as well. UOP campus is really nice though.

hey guys.since you guys went to the UOP interview already..do you know how many more interviews are left? I am still waiting for my rejection/invitation letter..i figure if i havn't heard from the school by now..i won't get it right? please give me ur best guess answer..doesn't have to be a nice one either :) thanks!!

They continue interviews until March and final decision letters begin to go out on March 15 and all decision letters should be given out by March 31. So based of that there are about 3 or 4 interview sessions left. you may be offered an interview within next week, i would imagine.... did they put you on hold without interview atleast?

I am in your situation too. I am waiting for the letter too. I e-mailed Veronica yesterday, and her reply was that their Third Tier review lasts through March.

thanks guys..yeah..maybe we still have a chance, checkerbeary..otherwise we would have gotton a rejection letter right? I don't see why the school would just hold our app for. I got the letter saying it's under review.that's all. No interview yet.

got placed on hold :(. what are the stats of being accepted after being placed on hold?

Last edited:
There are bad areas in Stockton but around UOP it is not. Every city you go to will have bad areas that you want to avoid and that applies to Stockton as well. UOP campus is really nice though.

Sweet! Glad to hear it especially since UOP is one of the top schools in California :thumbup:

got placed on hold :(. what are the stats of being accepted after being placed on hold?

Hey UCM, I would like to know the same. I looked through their website and have not found anything of any benefit.

...Has anyone from the Feb 5th interview been accepted?

Last edited:
thanks guys..yeah..maybe we still have a chance, checkerbeary..otherwise we would have gotton a rejection letter right? I don't see why the school would just hold our app for. I got the letter saying it's under review.that's all. No interview yet.

let's hope for the best...:xf:

I'm really not liking this waiting game, I can't study or do anything! I need to know what the future holds!

Hey UCM! I found out I was placed on hold two weeks ago from my 1/22 interview. Today, I found out I got accepted. So there is definitely a chance of acceptance after being placed on hold.

Best of luck! :)

Hey UCM! I found out I was placed on hold two weeks ago from my 1/22 interview. Today, I found out I got accepted. So there is definitely a chance of acceptance after being placed on hold.

Oh wow that's great news! Congrats! Did u get the hold letter? Because I thought it says that they won't review holds til interview cycle is over? Well I guess I'll be on high alert all the time now! Hahah.. I thought I had a few weeks of stree-free but....

That's fantastic! Thanks for this... it really gives me hope :)

anyone else interviewing this friday, feb 26th?

hey when did you guys get ur interview invite for 2/26? im still waiting..no rejection letter yet..but it's near the end already!! so i wonder if i still have a chance :(

yes, i am interviewing this friday. i'm nervous!! i got my invitation on feb 1st.

Good luck to everyone interviewing this Friday. I almost chose to interview on the 26th of Feb., but I had a choice to interview Feb. 5th or 26th, I chose the 5th!;)

Last edited:
I was interviewed on Feb 5th, and got the letter yesterday saying that I am put on hold now.

Wow, you too?

A lot of people I've talked to said they were placed on hold as well and all at different dates after the interview.

See, I'm confused now...just for my edification, did anyone get in from the Feb. 5th interviews? :confused:

Last edited:
Hey guys, what address were you guys provided for tomorrows interview? Thanks

sigh...it's getting closer to the end of the interview cycle, and I haven't heard anything from the school...my chance of getting an interview spot is slim...TT

Interviewed Feb 5th. Accepted Feb 11th.

Any thoughts about housing?

sigh...it's getting closer to the end of the interview cycle, and I haven't heard anything from the school...my chance of getting an interview spot is slim...TT

I was in the same spot as you as I was hoping for an interview but they just sent me a letter yesterday to say my application was rejected. Good luck to everyone

I was in the same spot as you as I was hoping for an interview but they just sent me a letter yesterday to say my application was rejected. Good luck to everyone

really...i am sorry to hear that...i think mine will be coming in soon...
did you apply to other schools?