UOP 2010 application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am from SF and running a pre-pharm club at city college. I would like to organize a meeting for the accepted students who will be attending UOP to come share with us your successful stories and offering tips for pre-pharm students. Is there anyone interested in doing it?

Members don't see this ad.

I am from SF and running a pre-pharm club at city college. I would like to organize a meeting for the accepted students who will be attending UOP to come share with us your successful stories and offering tips for pre-pharm students. Is there anyone interested in doing it?

I can do it but unfortunately I can't travel to SF. If you implement a virtual part of the club, via facebook or some other thing, I would be more than happy to share any experiences. You can PM me with any questions and use them to relate to the club.

I can do it but unfortunately I can't travel to SF. If you implement a virtual part of the club, via facebook or some other thing, I would be more than happy to share any experiences. You can PM me with any questions and use them to relate to the club.

same here. sd to sf is quite a trek.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the last interview date is? March? or is this Feb the final one..... :(

Does anyone know when the last interview date is? March? or is this Feb the final one..... :(

The UOP interviews continue until late march

Have you ever received a letter stating that your materials were received and that your application was complete? If you have, then I would just wait and see if they contact you. I know that they still have plenty of time for interviews. I think they plan to go through the end of March. If you haven't received such a letter, I would contact Veronica Semler for some assistance. I wish you lots of luck!

(Sorry...this was in response to an earlier post from checkerbeary. For some reason, the original quote wasn't placed above my response).

Have you ever received a letter stating that your materials were received and that your application was complete? If you have, then I would just wait and see if they contact you. I know that they still have plenty of time for interviews. I think they plan to go through the end of March. If you haven't received such a letter, I would contact Veronica Semler for some assistance. I wish you lots of luck!

(Sorry...this was in response to an earlier post from checkerbeary. For some reason, the original quote wasn't placed above my response).

When did UOP contact u about your acceptance? Congrats btw

yeah, i did receive a confirmation notice. I received a letter asking me to complete two more pre-reqs 2 weeks ago and I reponded back telling them that I be taking those classes this semester. That was it...so when I saw your response saying that you submitted your application on 10/27 got accepted, so I thought they probably have made a decision on my application and I am just waiting to get a rejection letter from them. :(

Benezenebabe- (BTW, love that screen name! :laugh:)

Just wanted to ask you if you think I should contact Veronica about my specific situation... I am in Tier 2 and received a checklist of everything being in and on time back in Oct... Then a letter dated Nov 2nd saying that I was being put on "hold" until later in the cycle (I know a lot of us are in this same boat). So now it's Feb and I haven't heard anything else. Should I follow up with her or just wait for something, anything?! Also, when do you all think the very last interview letters will be sent out? This month? Ugh, I hope there's still hope for us! :xf:

the wait for a response is driving me insane... i really hope that i can attend UOP.... i got rejected from all other schools i applied to... :xf::oops:

Hey,

To the Feb 5th interviewee's, what did you guy's think of the day at UOP?

How were the interviewer's?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If you weren't accepted after a UOP interview, you are either rejected or placed on Hold, right? In other words, there are no "alternates" as of now, right?
And does anyone know what the chances are to get accepted as an alternate?

If you weren't accepted after a UOP interview, you are either rejected or placed on Hold, right? In other words, there are no "alternates" as of now, right?
And does anyone know what the chances are to get accepted as an alternate?

I believe that if you weren't accepted you are either rejected or placed on hold but I dont know if UOP is in an alternate system. I'm under the impression that they just put you on hold and if you get accepted afterward then thats that....:confused:.... I don't think they go in an alternate ranking system

When did UOP contact u about your acceptance? Congrats btw

I interviewed on Friday, January 29th, and I was contacted via e-mail the following Thursday, February 4. I was stoked to get a response so quickly as I know they quoted two weeks for receipt of decisions AND they expected decisions to be delayed even more so because the California Pharmacists Assoc. was having their Outlook 2010 meeting this past week.

Thank you so very much for the congratulations. UOP was my #1 choice! I'm not sure where you are in your application process, but I sure do wish you lots of luck! :luck:

Last edited:
Benezenebabe- (BTW, love that screen name! :laugh:)

Just wanted to ask you if you think I should contact Veronica about my specific situation... I am in Tier 2 and received a checklist of everything being in and on time back in Oct... Then a letter dated Nov 2nd saying that I was being put on "hold" until later in the cycle (I know a lot of us are in this same boat). So now it's Feb and I haven't heard anything else. Should I follow up with her or just wait for something, anything?! Also, when do you all think the very last interview letters will be sent out? This month? Ugh, I hope there's still hope for us! :xf:

Thank so much for the compliment! I think I loved organic chem a little too much! :laugh:

From what I was told on January 29, they are still reviewing all applications (including those put on "hold") and they anticipate sending letters offering admission through the end of March. The dean stated that they still had spaces to fill and were reviewing the ENTIRE applicant pool to give everyone a chance. So, you may very well still get an interview. You may want to contact Veronica if it gives you greater peace of mind (I can totally understand that!), but my impression from all that was said on interview day was that they still have many slots to fill and were actively reviewing ALL applications. I got the impression that they really wanted to give everyone a chance. I wouldn't be surprised if you hear something from them soon.

I wish you a whole lot of luck and even more peace of mind. This time is so nerve-racking! Take care of you...

I interviewed on Friday, January 29th, and I was contacted via e-mail the following Thursday, February 4. I was stoked to get a response so quickly as I know they quoted two weeks for receipt of decisions AND they expected decisions to be delayed even more so because the California Pharmacists Assoc. was having their Outlook 2010 meeting this past week.

Thank you so very much for the congratulations. UOP was my #1 choice! I'm not sure where you are in your application process, but I sure do wish you lots of luck! :luck:

Have you received your acceptance packet yet? I heard they were mailed on feb. 2nd. I have yet to receive it.

I heard somewhere or from someone that the textbooks are included in the tuition... Is there any truth in that?

Have you received your acceptance packet yet? I heard they were mailed on feb. 2nd. I have yet to receive it.

I think I received my packet on Saturday, February 6. This past week, the Cal Pharm Assoc had a huge meeting down in Long Beach, so all operations may be delayed a bit. If you know that you should have received the packet sent on February 2, I would contact Veronica. I'm sure you're aware that they give you two weeks from the date of the letter to accept their admissions offer. You certainly don't want to miss out on this opportunity because of a postal service snafu.

Good luck, my friend!

For people who interviewed with UOP in either Oct and Nov and was placed on "Hold," have you heard from them since?

Fatmaz + UCM

If you guys don't mind, what were your stats when you two submitted pharmcas?

Fatmaz + UCM

If you guys don't mind, what were your stats when you two submitted pharmcas?

I will be honest with u. I had a 2.75 overall gpa, but this is due to family extenuating circumstances and my grade trends have been going up to mostly A's and a couple B's. Over 3 years working at a pharmacy, 1 year clerk and 2+ years as a tech. Strong letters of recomendations. I believe I did well on the supplemental essay and pharmcas essay, I had them read by a couple English teachers my UC. If I get into UOP it will be a blessing. I'm a first generation student, about to be the first to get a bachlors degree, and the first to attempt this level of an education. I came pretty far for me and my family, it took my family a 12 year petition to come to America. So... I'm proud of myself and if I don't get in this time round, I'll try again and do post bac work

keep your chin up and don't be discouraged. If I can do this, so can u. Wish u the best luck in your future.

Last edited:
I think I received my packet on Saturday, February 6. This past week, the Cal Pharm Assoc had a huge meeting down in Long Beach, so all operations may be delayed a bit. If you know that you should have received the packet sent on February 2, I would contact Veronica. I'm sure you're aware that they give you two weeks from the date of the letter to accept their admissions offer. You certainly don't want to miss out on this opportunity because of a postal service snafu.

Good luck, my friend!

Believe me, I won't let my acceptance be hinged upon the "efficiency" of USPS. I will physically drive to Stockton to get another one. I'm just perturbed, is all.

Thank you for the well wishes and I will see you and all the accepted in August.

I will be honest with u. I had a 2.75 overall gpa, but this is due to family extenuating circumstances and my grade trends have been going up to mostly A's and a couple B's. Over 3 years working at a pharmacy, 1 year clerk and 2+ years as a tech. Strong letters of recomendations. I believe I did well on the supplemental essay and pharmcas essay, I had them read by a couple English teachers my UC. If I get into UOP it will be a blessing. I'm a first generation student, about to be the first to get a bachlors degree, and the first to attempt this level of an education. I came pretty far for me and my family, it took my family a 12 year petition to come to America. So... I'm proud of myself and if I don't get in this time round, I'll try again and do post bac work

keep your chin up and don't be discouraged. If I can do this, so can u. Wish u the best luck in your future.

I am still waiting to hear from the school too, at least you were interviewed already...my background is similar to yours...I sincerely hope that you can get accepted! :)

Virtual conference is a good idea...do you have a webcam?

Thanks checkerbeary :)! good luck to you too :luck:!

Good luck, my friend!

Can you tell me the date on your letter of acceptance?

Thanks

Can you tell me the date on your letter of acceptance?

Thanks

My letter was dated February 4, the same day that I received their e-mail notification of my acceptance. Have you called Veronica yet?

I just received my acceptance email from Veronica this afternoon!!! I am so excited!!! I just lost $750 deposit to Worcester! =(..but whatevers, I am happy. Good luck to all of you out there! (Oh, I interviewed Jan 29)..Hmm..I am not sure when I will receive the packet.

If you have questions, feel free to ask. (finally i got an email to reset my password, so now i can actually reply)

For those who received e-mail acceptance, does the e-mail looks weird? I thought normally the email starts out formal with CONGRATULATIONS!, BLAH BLAH...but hmm...I hope it is not one of my friends who is playing a joke on me. I LOVE UOP CAMPUS!!

Virtual conference is a good idea...do you have a webcam?

Not at the moment, but I am getting a new laptop soon that should have a built in one. In the meantime,maybe a chatroom via AIM or another program?

For those who received e-mail acceptance, does the e-mail looks weird? I thought normally the email starts out formal with CONGRATULATIONS!, BLAH BLAH...but hmm...I hope it is not one of my friends who is playing a joke on me. I LOVE UOP CAMPUS!!

dang that would be so messed up haha. my acceptance email wasnt all decked out with a uop header and stationery but it was from veronica and it got the point across.

I heard somewhere or from someone that the textbooks are included in the tuition... Is there any truth in that?

No this is not true. You have to buy all the books yourself. I'm a second year and buying books all the time lol.

Last edited:
Did anyone get accepted today?

Congratulations pharmacyonline!

For all the people who had their interview on 1/29, what group were you in?

I was in group 3. Hopefully all goes well. I'm checking my email like crazy all day!

I was in group 3. Hopefully all goes well. I'm checking my email like crazy all day!

I know what u mean. Lol. I have my email set up on my iPhone so I get super excited when I get an alert that I have mail but then disappointed when it's not from UOP. Hopefully I hear from them tomarrow or Wednesday of next week. It seems like the standard of when people find out, 2 to 2 &1/2 weeks. If I don hear anything then I'll know I was either put on hold or rejected. I'm just preparing myself to reapply. Lol. But I'm still hopeful.

I hear ya. I subscribed to all the active threads for the schools that i'm applying to. So that means I get an instant email notification of every post...lol...i think i'm addicted to pharmacy app's. i need to get accepted already, it's driving me crazy...

Thank you ucm24 and IseeREDuseeRED. I do not know how to reply to individual post. Does anyone know deadline for fafsa?

Does anyone know what happens if you get accepted couple days before class starts, but you haven't done a FAFSA?

Does anyone know what happens if you get accepted couple days before class starts, but you haven't done a FAFSA?

You have to find a way to pay the school quickly, which would be a private loan, and pay the higher interest rates that first year. The end date for FAFSA on June 30th sounds about right.

I believe you can apply for the FAFSA and keep it in tow so it is order in case you get accepted. I haven't applied because I haven't done my taxes yet.

You have to find a way to pay the school quickly, which would be a private loan, and pay the higher interest rates that first year. The end date for FAFSA on June 30th sounds about right.

I believe you can apply for the FAFSA and keep it in tow so it is order in case you get accepted. I haven't applied because I haven't done my taxes yet.

this is correct. even if you aren't sure if you are going to get in or not, it would behoove you to sign up for FAFSA and include any schools you have applied to.

you don't want to be left with only private loans come july.

Any news? I wonder what happened with the other 20 people who aren't on sdn.