UOP 2010 application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmLuck168

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here sent their UOP application?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you already submit your PharmCAS? Do you know if we could submit the supplemental before the primary?

Yes, I submitted my PharmCAS... Veronica recommended to us that we concurrently submit the supplemental and the PharmCAS... As in, "strongly" recommended. However, you CAN submit your supplemental (So your 60 smackers, your resume, etc) before your PharmCAS. You just need to make sure it's post-marked by 1 August to qualify for T1 priority.

Wow w/ my 2.9 gpa, should i even try for UOP lol? Looking at 3.5gpa and above, I don't dare to make a move. Has anyone ever been accepted to UOP w/ this gpa?

Wow w/ my 2.9 gpa, should i even try for UOP lol? Looking at 3.5gpa and above, I don't dare to make a move. Has anyone ever been accepted to UOP w/ this gpa?

2.9 is right on the cusp.

It is recommended that applicants have a GPA of at least 3.0 to be considered competitive.

I would say a 2.9 with exemplary ECs and a work history in the field, plus unique experience (Like military service, police, peace corps, etc) could still make it. Also where the 2.9 comes from is crucial - A 2.9 from a CSU is not looked at the same as a 2.9 from UCLA/B or Stanford, for example.

A run-of-the-mill 2.9 cGPA student will probably not get in, no.

APPLY EARLY.

It gives you the best chance.

for those of you applying UOP, do you need to have pharm-tech liscence?

I have, yes.

I wanted to hit the Tier 1 August 1st priority deadline.

Hey Passion4Sci,

Did Pharmcas submit your apps to UOP yet? I also submitted my Supplemental early July, but because my Pharmcas won't be in until Aug, would that prevent me from getting into Tier 1?

Hey Passion4Sci,

Did Pharmcas submit your apps to UOP yet? I also submitted my Supplemental early July, but because my Pharmcas won't be in until Aug, would that prevent me from getting into Tier 1?

Hey Teva,

The only thing that matters to UoP in terms of the Tier 1 deadline is the post-mark on your supplemental and that you have transcripts and LoRs in PharmCAS by August 1st.

Veronica told me that your pharmCAS doesn't need to be in at UoP to meet Tier 1, you just need to have everything TO PharmCAS BY August 1st. Of course, the sooner you e-submit the faster you'll get PharmCAS to send that crap to UoP, and they're notoriously slow (5-6 weeks seems to be common). On the "application status checker", UoP has not received my PharmCAS stuff yet, no. I am not holding my breath on it, because worrying about it won't help anything.

HTH.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey again Gam,

No, you don't need your CPhT, but it certainly doesn't hurt in showing initiative and of course, getting a job that'll give you some work experience.
Thank you Passion4sci.
question about the supplemental essays?
Did you guys just answer "Why do you wish to attend UOP"?
The "Additional Information" question is optional right? Is it fine not to answer this question?

"Additional Information" AFAIK, is completely optional. You only write on it if there's something additional you'd like to add that wasn't previously asked for or divulged by you.

Hello UOP applicants-

My question is on the supplemental Essay " Why you selected UOP?" How long should it be. The requirement is 300 words. also I was curious how detail should one be describing the programs they offer and the ones that interests me the most.

Hello UOP applicants-

My question is on the supplemental Essay " Why you selected UOP?" How long should it be. The requirement is 300 words. also I was curious how detail should one be describing the programs they offer and the ones that interests me the most.

If I remember correctly, it was "no more than 300 words." Follow directions. I would shoot for the 280-300 word range.

Turning in your application early is key for UoP. All my materials were in by last July except 1 LOR. That last LOR was submitted by late October near the deadline, so my application was considered Tier 3. I got a really late interview and a rejection soon after.

Good luck :thumbup:

I know that UOP specifically wants our application to be in by August 1. Passion4sci, perhaps you'd be able to shed some light on this question. My pharmcas was submitted on the 15th of July, but still waiting for one transcript . How can this affect my Tier 1 status if Pharmcas doesn't receive it by August 1?

Please advise...anyone!

I know that UOP specifically wants our application to be in by August 1. Passion4sci, perhaps you'd be able to shed some light on this question. My pharmcas was submitted on the 15th of July, but still waiting for one transcript . How can this affect my Tier 1 status if Pharmcas doesn't receive it by August 1?

Please advise...anyone!

For Tier 1, August 1st is the deadline yeah. And, as far as I know, you need to have everything postmarked by August 1st and the transcripts have to be RECEIVED by PharmCAS by August 1st. Pacific doesn't necessarily need to see them on or before August 1st, but PharmCAS has to "stamp them" as rec'd by then.

Hope this takes some anxiety off your shoulders.

It says that the minimum is 300 words, not the maximum. I wrote 392 words exactly. Hopefully that should be ok. Either way I turned it in, so there's no going back :p

Wooo just submitted UOP supplemental! :D

How is everyone else doing on the application? I wonder when they will start mailing for tier 2 interviews :/ I'm mad I missed tier 1! I am such a procrastinator :scared:

Oh, and my word count was 492...hope thats not tooo long >.<

Has anyone received a letter from UOP confirming they've received your supplemental application? I got mine in the mail, and then tried to log into the Status Checker with my ID (sent in the letter), but nothing is listed. Anyone else in the same boat?

Has anyone received a letter from UOP confirming they've received your supplemental application? I got mine in the mail, and then tried to log into the Status Checker with my ID (sent in the letter), but nothing is listed. Anyone else in the same boat?

Yup, I submitted my app 7/11 and pharmcas 7/9 and they mailed me a letter a few days later confirming that they received my supp but not my pharmcas. About a week ago they mailed me again notifying me that they received my pharmcas and that it would take about 1-2 weeks to "process," or something like that. My status still says that there is nothing listed, but I assume in about a week something will be up.

Wooo just submitted UOP supplemental! :D

How is everyone else doing on the application? I wonder when they will start mailing for tier 2 interviews :/ I'm mad I missed tier 1! I am such a procrastinator :scared:
same boat, i will submit my application hopefully by tomorrow night.

I did mine about 72 hours after it was available... LOL.

Procrastination is like masturbation. You do it for a while, and then realize you're just fucking yourself.

If I remember correctly, it was "no more than 300 words." Follow directions. I would shoot for the 280-300 word range.

Turning in your application early is key for UoP. All my materials were in by last July except 1 LOR. That last LOR was submitted by late October near the deadline, so my application was considered Tier 3. I got a really late interview and a rejection soon after.

Good luck :thumbup:

Yeah the min was 300 words... mines 564 :scared::thumbdown: Epic... fail! hahah :laugh:

Procrastination is like masturbation. You do it for a while, and then realize you're just ****ing yourself.

I love your quote! sooooo funny!

It took me a month to proofread and edit my essay. And mine was about 435 words.

I submitted mine today, and PharmCAS is ready too. This is the only school I applied for this year. Hope I can get an interview. I am not really expecting an offer. An interview is good enough. My shot will be the next year application.

I did mine about 72 hours after it was available... LOL.

Procrastination is like masturbation. You do it for a while, and then realize you're just ****ing yourself.

Haaa i like that :)

anyone have problem with filling out UOP resume online, i can't get the right format.
did you guys send out the hardcopy?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to clear a mistake you make on Pacific's online supplemental application? I am a US citizen, but I accidentally clicked on the checkbox for permanent resident. And now I cant uncheck the box. Theres no reset option either.

I would greatly appreciate anyone's help.

Good luck to everyone!

did you clear your cache? see if that can help. otherwise, try contacting their tech support. make sure you don't submit your application with an error.

I log into my status checker page for Fall 2010 now, nothing is on the page.

I log into my status checker page for Fall 2010 now, nothing is on the page.

Same here. I received a letter from the mail that they received my application but on the status check for fall 2010, there's nothing there.

Same here. I received a letter from the mail that they received my application but on the status check for fall 2010, there's nothing there.

I heard it will take about three weeks from the time they mailed you the letter for them to update the status check.

I just checked my status checker this morning and for some reason it didn't have a date on the "FILE COMPLETE". All of the documents were received in time for Tier 1. Did your status says complete?

I'm freaking out, so please let me know if you guys have the same.

please disregard my previous post. I just contacted the school and as it turns out, they were checking my application this morning. I just checked it again and I made it to Tier 1.

my apologies

please disregard my previous post. I just contacted the school and as it turns out, they were checking my application this morning. I just checked it again and I made it to Tier 1.

my apologies

Oh cool. I checked mine too and everything was rec'd August 1st. So that's Tier 1 too, right? :thumbup:

when is the deadline for tier 1?

just checked the application status page. i almost died when i saw they received my AP scores aug 20. then i read more carefully and it said file complete aug 1. PHEW.