UNTHSC M.S. in Medical Sciences (Texas) 2022-2023 *Online*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zmy6262

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I was accepted to the UNTHSC Medical Science Master's online starting this fall. Has anyone heard any information in regards to picking classes and stuff? Anyone want to start a groupme? Let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

There’s a Facebook group currently. There was a link in your acceptance email for accepted students and at the bottom of the page is a link to the group.

Reactions: 1 user
For the personal statement letter, did you write it as if you were writing to the professional schools that you were hoping to get into? Like, to a medical school or dental school or did you follow the prompt on PostBacCAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the personal statement letter, did you write it as if you were writing to the professional schools that you were hoping to get into? Like, to a medical school or dental school or did you follow the prompt on PostBacCAS?
Follow the prompt.
I personally talked about my experiences that lead to my interest in the medical field and also talked about my current experiences that showed how much growth and dedication I have towards reaching my end goals. I also talked about mistakes and struggles I had to overcome to get to where I am at. Just how I went about my essay.
Was accepted back in the first week of June

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted today. Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Follow the prompt.
I personally talked about my experiences that lead to my interest in the medical field and also talked about my current experiences that showed how much growth and dedication I have towards reaching my end goals. I also talked about mistakes and struggles I had to overcome to get to where I am at. Just how I went about my essay.
Was accepted back in the first week of June
Thank you for letting me know!!

If you're okay with me asking, how long ago did you apply and when did your documents get finalized on postbaccas?
I applied for priority in April and it took 4 days for my documents to get verified on postbaccas. I got an email the next day to create a student account (that’s where you get app statuses) I was waitlisted end of May and accepted last week

Reactions: 1 users
Essentially I wrote my experience that made me want to pursue a career in medicine. I did not follow the cliche of "I broke my arm and now I want to be an Ortho" It was more specific to me and very unique (IMO). I wrote maybe a page long as well. In the questions following I wrote maybe 3-6 sentences each but focused more so on the content not length of what I was saying

Current student. Save yourself the hassle and stop using GroupMe. Make a Discord group because you have channels for each class. We started using GroupMe and then ditched it because the web interface is trash, and making a separate GroupMe for every single class or room was just a waste of time.

Is anyone still waiting to hear back? Application submitted july 20 and still says under review.

Is anyone still waiting to hear back? Application submitted july 20 and still says under review.
dont give up yet, it would say rejected if you did not get in.