UNT System College of Pharmacy Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had an interview on dec 10th, and today is jan 15. I haven't heard back. No email and no mail. Constantly refreshing inbox and spam. Is anyone on the same page?

Interviewed December 10th afternoon group. Got an acceptance email today January 15th at 4:44pm. Took over a month T_T! I will be accepting! So happy, can't wait!! Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Let me begin by saying how thankful I am to find this thread on here.
First off, congrats to those accepted!
Secondly, to those who are asking questions about how long it takes to receive the decision, I hope the following information helps:

-I was in the December 12th morning interview group
-If i remember correctly, Dr. Kilpatrick said something about they will make their decisions sometime during the 3rd week of January because that is when all their admission staff can get together in one room
-I wasn't expecting anything until this week but I received the acceptance email last Friday, January 9th.
-Hope this helps you guys

Best of luck to everyone and I can't wait to meet you guys this Fall!

Ugh I don't like waiting! I wish more people posted their stats on here so I could get a better idea of my chances.

My GPA is 3.93 and science GPA is 3.89. My PCAT is 84. I already got my BS in Biochem, minor in Bio. I have research, chem and math tutoring, volunteer experience. I got accepted after 3 weeks.

I think I did okay in my interviews, but I only wrote 2 short paragraphs for the writing sample, and I noticed everyone else writing really long essays so I think I screwed up :$. I felt like I answered the topic statement pretty well, but very concisely. Now I'm afraid I'll lose points for not writing enough, since it said to write at least 2 paragraphs. All I can do is wait and pray now!

I think I did okay in my interviews, but I only wrote 2 short paragraphs for the writing sample, and I noticed everyone else writing really long essays so I think I screwed up :$. I felt like I answered the topic statement pretty well, but very concisely. Now I'm afraid I'll lose points for not writing enough, since it said to write at least 2 paragraphs. All I can do is wait and pray now!
I wrote 2 paragraphs for my essay too :) so don't lose hope! Is UNT your top choice you have other schools that you want to go to?

I wrote 2 paragraphs for my essay too :) so don't lose hope! Is UNT your top choice you have other schools that you want to go to?

That's good to hear, thank you! Yeah UNT is my top choice and the only school I applied to. I'm married and am expecting a baby in June so I really can't consider any of the other schools that would require me to relocate. Do you plan on accepting your offer, or are you waiting for some other schools?

That's good to hear, thank you! Yeah UNT is my top choice and the only school I applied to. I'm married and am expecting a baby in June so I really can't consider any of the other schools that would require me to relocate. Do you plan on accepting your offer, or are you waiting for some other schools?
Yeah. I am accepting the offer and turn down all other interview offers. It was my backup school at first and I was impressed so I decided to go to UNT. Congratulations and good luck!

Ugh I don't like waiting! I wish more people posted their stats on here so I could get a better idea of my chances.
@amazayn, I feel your pain! Lets just say my academic stats were average at best (average GPA and average PCAT)
I think what helped me the most was my experience of working as a tech for 3 years and I had two recommendation letters from pharmacists that has been in the field 10+ years.

I know the wait is killer but best of luck to ya!

Thank you @simplyazn04! I can't help but visit this page every few hours lol. Congrats on getting in! I hope to be joining you guys soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you @simplyazn04! I can't help but visit this page every few hours lol. Congrats on getting in! I hope to be joining you guys soon!
You are not alone lol. You've done all you can after the interview. The school has completed your file and will use everything in there to make their decisions so worrying won't do any good. I know its hard but try to take your mind off of it, the email will come when you least expect it!

I have declined my offer today. good luck to everyone who is on waiting list.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed on January 14th in the afternoon group and received an offer of acceptance today. I am truly grateful for this opportunity. Good luck to those of you who are still waiting!

I interviewed on January 14th in the afternoon group and received an offer of acceptance today. I am truly grateful for this opportunity. Good luck to those of you who are still waiting!
How'd you hear back so quickly?!

I was at the Jan 6th interview also, but I haven't heard anything...it's driving me crazy! haha

Same here! I keep looking at this page and refreshing my e-mails! I interview at A&M on the 12th but I really want to get into UNT.

You shouldn't have declined UNT since you haven't heard back from other schools yet.
I already got accepted to University of Arkansas a week after i accepted the offer from UNT. The dean from UNT sent me an email last week. He told me to make a final decision between 2 schools, so he may offer the admission to other qualified sudents. I did not want to hold someone else 's spot. I knew many qualified applicants who are still on waiting lists. So, i just declined the offer.

I already got accepted to University of Arkansas a week after i accepted the offer from UNT. The dean from UNT sent me an email last week. He told me to make a final decision between 2 schools, so he may offer the admission to other qualified sudents. I did not want to hold someone else 's spot. I knew many qualified applicants who are still on waiting lists. So, i just declined the offer.
Is University of Arkansas your first choice?

Is University of Arkansas your first choice?
My first choice is Texas Tech. However, I will go to University of Arkansas if I am not accepted from Tech. university of Arkansas has good pharmacy program, and they also offer me in state tuition.

I also received an email today around 12:15pm stating that my application has been placed on "hold" without any indication as to why. It says they will contact me at a later time to let me know whether or not they will be able to offer me admission. There's also no indication as to how long this wait may be.

Hope this information helps someone.
Have you received any updates? Will they let you know after the last of the interviews are completed?

My first choice is Texas Tech. However, I will go to University of Arkansas if I am not accepted from Tech. university of Arkansas has good pharmacy program, and they also offer me in state tuition.
What about A&M? Did you interview with them? What do you think about A&M?

What about A&M? Did you interview with them? What do you think about A&M?
Yes I did. I like their program. It was a short interview and very relax. People are so nice there. Their tuition is cheap. I think they are a good pharmacy school since their pharmacy program ranking rate is 48 in a short amount of time. However, i wish they gave me a tour to know more about their pharmacy school and facility.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes I did. I like their program. It was a short interview and very relax. People are so nice there. Their tuition is cheap. I think they are a good pharmacy school since their pharmacy program ranking rate is 48 in a short amount of time. However, i wish they gave me a tour to know more about their pharmacy school and facility.
Even me too. I was impressed with the interview process. Very organized and brief. Between A&M and UH, which one impressed you more? And what are your thoughts between the two of them?

Even me too. I was impressed with the interview process. Very organized and brief. Between A&M and UH, which one impressed you more? And what are your thoughts between the two of them?
I can't tell since both schools did not give me a tour to see the classrooms and facilities like UNT, Tech and Arkansas did. However, i will pick A&m over UH. UH's tuition is expensive. I also do not like HOUSTON traffic. Hahha.

I was also put on hold at UNT. Do you think they will send out denial letters or just inform us via e-mail this time around? I hope they let us know either way soon.

I am wondering if they are wanting to finish all the interviews before they go back through and revist the applicants on hold.

Does anybody know how many people are on hold? I wish there was more information!

Does anyone know how classes will be? Are classes everyday or what? Just wondering :)

Does anyone know how classes will be? Are classes everyday or what? Just wondering :)
I think classes are mon-fri, 8am-5pm. At least I think that's what I was told last time I asked admissions. I am also curious about this though. I am really hoping they record the lectures so we can watch them from home if needed. It's pretty commonly done in these types of programs.

Has anyone who accepted the offers received any updates yet?

Hi, everyone

DO UNT have summer school? because I saw there is tuition for summer?

I interviewed at 8am jan 20th, I was the guy who took the longest doing that survey at the end. No word yet for me.

I think classes are mon-fri, 8am-5pm. At least I think that's what I was told last time I asked admissions. I am also curious about this though. I am really hoping they record the lectures so we can watch them from home if needed. It's pretty commonly done in these types of programs.
Classes start at 8am every day Mon-Thur and ends early or late depend on the day and lab group you fall into. Longest day is Mon, usually ends at 3 or 4pm. Lab on Tues/ Wed afternoon end at 3p or 5p depend on the lab groups, and Thurs usually ends at 3p. Friday is reserved for off-side learning such as Volunteering, Shadowing, and training etc. ; so technically Friday is off. but sometimes, you need to come in on Friday for training.

As for recorded lectures, UNT does not have it because they expect you to be in class for group exercises and quizes. But almost everything they go over in class is posted online. If you missed a class, just read the material they posted and email them or go to their office if you have any question, They are willing to go over everything you don't understand