UNT System College of Pharmacy Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Who were you at the interview? I was one of the other 7 or 8 people there =0!
The girl with the really short hair in the navy suit! Who were you??

Members don't see this ad.

The girl with the really short hair in the navy suit! Who were you??

Ah, the one with the name that started with S. I am the only one that has a name close to a "quack" or duck. haha! Or asian guy @_@

Members don't see this ad :)
O recall being told 2 weeks, but previous interviewees seem to get a response in about 16 days. However, with the holiday, I wonder if it'll be Tuesday before anything is said....

they might send them out either today or next week, but i really would like to know before thanksgiving

they might send them out either today or next week, but i really would like to know before thanksgiving

Yeh I'd be really "thankful" if I could hear back from them today :laugh: (also interviewed morning of Nov 12)

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed the 5th of this month and still haven't heard back. It is stressing me out

I talked to two students that interviewed on October 28th and got in 2 weeks later.

Did anyone that sent in their deposit get a confirmation email?

Ok glad it's not just me! I interviewed Nov 14th and still have not heard anything!

Do they send the emails to rejected students also or just to those who got accepted?super nervous:(

Members don't see this ad :)
They said that they would send emails to all students who interviewed. I interviewed the afternoon of the 14th and am still waiting as well! Good luck to everyone

They sure know how to keep us waiting ! haha

The suspense is killing me. The main admissions lady said no more than 3 weeks.

It has only been two but it feels like it's been months....

Check your emails! I just got my acceptance!

Yay! Don't forget to reply to the email verifying you received it.
I got my acceptance and already replied back saying that I was accepting! Congratulations everyone! This was the longest 2 weeks of my life.

Hello,
I interviewed on the morning of November 12th, but I still haven't heard back yet :( has anyone recently heard back from around that time frame?

anyone got an invitation during this month ??
and for those who already went through the process how did u prepare , your responses are appreciated thanks.

I also interviewed that morning and have had no word from UNTHSC. The three people above in this thread–bkk10, ImSerious_Seriously, and PharmD–interviewed after us on Friday, November14 and have received acceptance notices already. I recall being told that if we weren't accepted into the program that we would receive a letter in the mail and absolutely not an email stating so.
I just emailed the admissions office regarding the notice. She said: "Your file will go to committee two weeks after you interview. I would give it another week for the dean to make his selection."
I am just a little confused and worried since some people who interviewed after us on the 14th got admissions notices already, even though we interviewed 2 days earlier. :(

I emailed them an hour ago but haven't heard back yet. I wonder if it is just a canned response? They must get a lot of emails asking the same? I suppose it is conclusive that our files have gone before committee already, though, based on everything said so far.
does that mean those of us who have not received an acceptance letter so far have not been accepted?!:eek:

Don't get discouraged! It takes time to go through each applicant and then get the final expectance by the dean.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know approximately how many students they will take this year?

Does anyone know approximately how many students they will take this year?
I think on average they usually accept about 120 but as many as 40 students decline the offer...at least this is what i understood from the student statitics.

Has anyone been declined that would care to share when his or her interview was, and when and how that correspondence was received?
i would like to know too, i don't seem to hear anything from the nov 12th interviewee wether any one got accepted or denied.

I think on average they usually accept about 120 but as many as 40 students decline the offer...at least this is what i understood from the student statitics.
Thank you for the information/insight!

Hey whackaboomooka, how do you know there are three committee ? It's making me optimistic if that's true!!!!

Yeah I got an acceptance two weeks after I interviewed

It was explained to the group I was with the morning of November 12. I believe it was Ms. Kilpatrick who told us that there are three committees that convene, each given a portion of applicants to review. The applicant's file is projected onto the wall showing the written essay from the interview, the PharmCAS essay, transcripts, PCAT, grades, recommendation letters, and results from the two interviews. The members of the committee then discuss or debate the candidate based on what is shown, and nays and yeas are given. Eventually, the overall recommendation is given to Dean Jacobson who either agrees and executes as advised, or doesn't and does the opposite of what is recommended. The review is supposed to occur two weeks after the interview, and those that are desired are emailed for acceptance into the program. Those that do not make the cut are sent a letter in the mail.

I'd like to be optimistic, but find it difficult considering all the information provided. However, nothing is conclusive without a notice indicating one thing or the other, so I refrain from presuming as much as possible.

I interviewed the morning of the 12th as well. As of now, no email or mail in the letter. Still waiting

It was explained to the group I was with the morning of November 12. I believe it was Ms. Kilpatrick who told us that there are three committees that convene, each given a portion of applicants to review. The applicant's file is projected onto the wall showing the written essay from the interview, the PharmCAS essay, transcripts, PCAT, grades, recommendation letters, and results from the two interviews. The members of the committee then discuss or debate the candidate based on what is shown, and nays and yeas are given. Eventually, the overall recommendation is given to Dean Jacobson who either agrees and executes as advised, or doesn't and does the opposite of what is recommended. The review is supposed to occur two weeks after the interview, and those that are desired are emailed for acceptance into the program. Those that do not make the cut are sent a letter in the mail.

I'd like to be optimistic, but find it difficult considering all the information provided. However, nothing is conclusive without a notice indicating one thing or the other, so I refrain from presuming as much as possible.
oh ok for some reason i completely missed the part where she said there were multiple commettees, someone who got rejected last year told me it took him 2 months to receive a letter in the mail. and another girl stated it took 3 months for her to gain acceptance in the email, which leads me to conclude that it can go either way so let's stay optimistic regardless, if it's meant to be it will be...I was also in the nov 12th morning group.

Don't give up hope! Positive thoughts bring positive results! Don't stress out guys!

I won't reveal the specifics, but I interviewed on the morning of 11/12 and heard back today (deferred) because I was missing too many pre-reqs.

I got accepted into UNT pharmacy school! I am so happy! Congratulations to all. You guys might want to check the spam/junk folder because mine was accidentally placed in that.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys,

My name is Joey, P1 at UNT COP.

Congrats anyone who get accepted! But I also feel sorry for those who can't make it this round. Trust me that no one is better than you if he/she is accepted to pharmacy school. Ask yourself what factors in your application that weaken your chance of being acceptance. And what you can do to fix the problems to improve your application for the next cycle.

For those who get waitlisted,
Are you applying at any other school? I completely understand the situation you're in now because I was placed on the waiting list last year. After next two weeks, I was offered my acceptance at UNT System. All I can tell you now is that you must stay positive and don't be encouraged. And if you're still in school, you must concentrate on your classes of this semester and the spring.