University of Waterloo - Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow, the Waterloo pharmacy entrance tests/interviews sound just like the UTPAT; a BIG joke.
While writing a summary to the articles we were given may be a joke, I really don't think being interviewed by practicing pharmacists to see if we are ready for the profession a big joke. How else is the process supposed to occur?

Members don't see this ad.

I think the school will definitely look at the interview comments because they are coming from Pharmacists and communication plays a huge role in the profession (more so than written skills). So I think they will weigh it 60/40 for interview/written.

well im just thinking of these figures because the interviewers really arn't part of the school so they really can't have the upper hand in determining if a student gets in or not. for example I asked them a question about the school (most of my questions i planned to ask were about the school) and they just looked at each other and said we can't answer this question

I was surprised that no faculty members were present at the interview!! But I asked the Pharmacists if I could ask questions about the school (because most of the ones I prepared were on the school) and they said they had a briefing the night before and they actually answered all of my questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
How else is the process supposed to occur?

Not with applicants wearing karate gear at interviews to show off their creativity, let me tell you that much!

when do you guys get the news?

supposedly june 11. But I don't know why they would take soo long..unless they really are looking at final marks for winter term

do u guys know what the requirements are for final grades? i think my final exams were kinda bad...hope they only require us to pass or sth.. :laugh:

I think they care only about grades in the pre-req courses, or hopefully thats all they care about. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
i dont know about the interviews...

but when i emailed them..they said they only look at the pre req GPA...and "consider" other GPAs..

which i think is just total bull...the way they can downplay senior level courses.....which are much harder...

even medschools/dents favour the last year/2 more heavely..

thats just me 2 cents

i dont know about the interviews...

but when i emailed them..they said they only look at the pre req GPA...and "consider" other GPAs..

which i think is just total bull...the way they can downplay senior level courses.....which are much harder...

even medschools/dents favour the last year/2 more heavely..

thats just my 2 cents

sorry for killin the thread

lol the thread was dead but we've just been poking at it trying to bring it back to life. give it a month and the thread will bloom once again

Well it's been long since this topic was last visited! But just to see how you all are dealing with the anxiety of the getting the results tomorrow!

What do you all expect? I don't have much expectations because I think I did kinda of bad on the interview and the summary part!

Good Luck to all!

I say that I don't have much expectations because I pretty much bombed the summary but I still really want to get in. lol.

As for dealing with anxiety, lots of sleepless nights, and I've pretty much become an email addict. How many people have UW as their first choice anyway?

u know..i'm pretty sure i won't get in too haha. oh well, i only applied to UW and UofT and U of T has wayyyy more applicants, so tough luck for me this year

no matter what happens, good luck and it's never too late to try again! :luck:

Yeah we can always apply the next year! When I went for my interview with my dad, he just loved the university! Actually he is more anxious about the results then I am. That just makes me more nervous... I hope I don't dissapoint him.

Good luck to all waiting... may we all get in! (lol)

approx. 18 hrs to go (if the e-mail comes at 9:30am):scared:

i hope they accept the maximum number of applicants (120) and I hope only 200 students were interviewed and i hope i got in. lol. its going to be a long and stressful wait but for some reason i am scared of even checking

Crossing my fingers the result should be coming any time now:scared::scared::scared:

Good luck to all!

I hope we all get in!

so I guess they don't want to send it at 930. Maybe it'll be like last year, where they sent it around 4ish.

yeah I thought the same thing... Well will have to wait till 4!

hey everyone!! they've started to send out the emails!!! I just got mine!! I got in!!!! yay!!!! good luck to everyone!!!

me too!!!!!!!!!ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

see you in january!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got in tooooooooooooooooooooo....good luck everyone!! i pretty much bombed the summary..so i think they put heavy emphasis on the interview..

:hardy:I goooot in toooo! OMG the xcitment is unbeliveable.:hardy::hardy: After two years of rejection I have finally gotten it:love: :love:Its time to celebrate! COngrats to all of you! will see you all in Jan.. enjoy the days till then...
we all deserve it for all the hard work!!!

OMG.. too many emotions:hardy::love::hardy::love::D Didn't know when I will see this day!!! (tears of joy)

Last edited:
Hey all just curious does the e-mail for you all say that it's a conditional acceptance? I find it wierd because I have already completed all the pre-reqs??!!

Hey all just curious does the e-mail for you all say that it's a conditional acceptance? I find it wierd because I have already completed all the pre-reqs??!!
Yups, mine says conditional acceptance but I've completed all the pre-reqs too. Might be a generic email and stuff. We'll wait and see when our offer comes up on quest or we get the letter in the email.

i actually still need to finish microbiology.. likely at ryerson cuz they offer it in the fall term and it can be finished by dec. do u guys know of any other uni's that offer this course within the time frame?

i actually still need to finish microbiology.. likely at ryerson cuz they offer it in the fall term and it can be finished by dec. do u guys know of any other uni's that offer this course within the time frame?
UW actually offers it in the fall term too and it finishes by December. If you don't want to be in waterloo in the fall term, the course is also offered by distance education in the fall term.

UW actually offers it in the fall term too and it finishes by December. If you don't want to be in waterloo in the fall term, the
course is also offered by distance education in the fall term.

yea..the prob is only the lecture component is offered by distance ed. i think

got in too =) thought i bombed the summary too but i guess i just scared myself.

Cograts to all those who got in! Must be nice to know so far in advance, and still have the rest of summer and fall to enjoy yourself before the next 4 years of studying! :)

got in as well...convocation in a week...my days at UofT cudnt have ended better :) congrats to others who got in...

Congrats to all those that got in!!!

and yes, PLEASE POST STATS!! :) :)

Congratulations guys!! :hardy:

I still need to complete CHEM 254!! Know any schools offering it in the fall?

Hi everyone, this is my first post and guess what I got in UW School of pharmacy. Congrats to everyone who made it in. However, I am in a dilemma aobut where to go to pursue the pharamcy program. I have been already accepted into the Doctor of Pharmacy program in the US and now Co-op BScPhm at UW. I will appreciate if everyone can give me critical and well thought opinions by putting yourselves in my place. It is a very tough decision for me to make, but a very significant one. Thanks for your time and comments.

Congratulations guys!! :hardy:

thanks fungikid! how are you liking it at ut btw? i sat in one of those pod classrooms few weeks ago and they weren't as impressive as they looked from the outside..haha. so small!

The pods are used for tutorials. The lecture halls are in the basement, holding 240+ people. :) There is a bar on top of the upper pod for staff. I've seen them serve drinks and food there!

U of T pharmacy is great. It's warmer than U of T Arts & Science in terms of atmosphere, but people who came from Waterloo undergraduate said Waterloo has even warmer staff and students. I like the glass building and the cool high-tech features. The labs are really nice too! The professors are great and the courses are interesting. But you will hear from some of my classmates that some courses, while they sound good on paper, leaves something to be desired in real life. Anyway, are you graduating from U of T this year?

Hey guys

congratulations on making to UW School of Pharmacy, I am kind of late but I have made it as well. I look forward to meeting you all in Winter 2009. We should also create a new thread for people who have been accepted so we can know each other better. Lets keep in touch and everyone have a blasting summer vacation.

The pods are used for tutorials. The lecture halls are in the basement, holding 240+ people. :) There is a bar on top of the upper pod for staff. I've seen them serve drinks and food there!

U of T pharmacy is great. It's warmer than U of T Arts & Science in terms of atmosphere, but people who came from Waterloo undergraduate said Waterloo has even warmer staff and students. I like the glass building and the cool high-tech features. The labs are really nice too! The professors are great and the courses are interesting. But you will hear from some of my classmates that some courses, while they sound good on paper, leaves something to be desired in real life. Anyway, are you graduating from U of T this year?

yea..i've seen cakes and water glasses lying around the top of the pods..so classy lol - cuz i'm actually working in this building (6th floor) and everytime i look down there's food. hahaha

i finished my 3rd year at ut.. grateful i dont' need to spend $5000 for another year of life sciences! good to hear you're enjoying your program!!