University of Toronto Pharmacy Class of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rxxxtentacion

Reaction score
Hi! Thought I'd make a thread for all us applying this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I am wondering if meeting the minimum requirements of the pcat is sufficient to get an interview, or are the minimum requirements a cut off (i.e. you need to be well above the minimum in order to get an interview)? Because I'm worried about my 3 on the writing and 48 on the reading comprehension. Thanks!

Hey guys, I am wondering if meeting the minimum requirements of the pcat is sufficient to get an interview, or are the minimum requirements a cut off (i.e. you need to be well above the minimum in order to get an interview)? Because I'm worried about my 3 on the writing and 48 on the reading comprehension. Thanks!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you just have to meet the minimums to get an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you just have to meet the minimums to get an interview.

I wonder why the thread is so dead this year.. There were a lot of posts in the previous years, maybe less people are applying due to the saturated job market?

I wonder why the thread is so dead this year.. There were a lot of posts in the previous years, maybe less people are applying due to the saturated job market?
Recent grad here. Can confirm the market is REALLY saturated. Why are you kids still considering pharmacy?

It's really saturated outside of the GTA too? :/
Definitely not as bad but keep in mind Ontario licence more IPGs than native grads so its getting worse and worse. I don't think its gonna be the same by the time you guys graduate. One IPG I worked with was so clueless that I have no idea how be passed his PEBCs. Moving out of the GTA was an option a few years ago but its getting harder and harder now and will only get worse so don't count on that being a backup.

Definitely not as bad but keep in mind Ontario licence more IPGs than native grads so its getting worse and worse. I don't think its gonna be the same by the time you guys graduate. One IPG I worked with was so clueless that I have no idea how be passed his PEBCs. Moving out of the GTA was an option a few years ago but its getting harder and harder now and will only get worse so don't count on that being a backup.

Man that sucks. I don't really see myself doing anything other than pharmacy though :/

Man that sucks. I don't really see myself doing anything other than pharmacy though :/
That's up to you man but just remember the risks ahead of you. It's not easy and dandy like many believe. I know someone waited 5 years for a full time position in Ottawa. You still have time to re-evaluate your options.

That's up to you man but just remember the risks ahead of you. It's not easy and dandy like many believe. I know someone waited 5 years for a full time position in Ottawa. You still have time to re-evaluate your options.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your experience with the saturation? (in terms of job opportunities etc)

Hi.
I am applying to pharmacy school this year, my cGPA is 3.28 and ill be taking the PCAT in november, how much you think I should get to make it to the interview?

Hi.
I am applying to pharmacy school this year, my cGPA is 3.28 and ill be taking the PCAT in november, how much you think I should get to make it to the interview?

Try to get a good score in the 80s or 90s!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, do you think they will be less people applying this year or is always roughly around 700-800 applying

Hey guys, do you think they will be less people applying this year or is always roughly around 700-800 applying
There were less than 600 people applying for class of 2t2 from what i've heard. I suspect there's even less this year.

Seems like there's not too many applicants. I reason this because they extended the application and PCAT deadline, also they added new scholarships.

Seems like there's not too many applicants. I reason this because they extended the application and PCAT deadline, also they added new scholarships.

Pharmacy is a dying profession. :(

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone from the GTA/Toronto area who would like to meet up to practice MMI prompts? Looking for as much practice as possible! Message me!

Anyone from the GTA/Toronto area who would like to meet up to practice MMI prompts? Looking for as much practice as possible! Message me!
Hey I'm trying to message you but it won't let me. It may be your settings?

I'm interested in practicing for MMI too! Let's make a facebook group so we can add everyone who wants to practice together.

I'm interested in practicing too! Let me know if you make a facebook group.

Hi everyone! Class of 2T2 here. Congrats to those who received an invitation for the MMI. If you have any questions on how to prepare, feel free to ask away. :)

Hey guys, I made a Facebook group! Let me know your email/full name so I can add you!

Hi! It won't let me message you for some reason. Please message me so I can tell you the info needed to add me to the facebook group.

Hi everyone! Class of 2T2 here. Congrats to those who received an invitation for the MMI. If you have any questions on how to prepare, feel free to ask away. :)

Hi! We actually didn't receive any MMI invites yet, I don't think we find out until early March...we're just really eager! :p

I have some questions for you though! What were your stats like?

Hey guys, I made a Facebook group! Let me know your email/full name so I can add you!
it wont let me message you either, can you message me as well so i can give you my information for fb group

btw is anyone here applying to waterloo, if so is there a thread for waterloo 2t3

Interested! Send me a message :)

Anyone interested in doing Skype MMIs as well?

It would be easier if you could post the link in the thread, then we can all join