University of Toronto Pharmacy Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TBTSH12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there!

Figured id start a thread for the Class of 2T2 (2022). Feel free to share any questions about stats, the application process, MMI and other things.

Members don't see this ad.

My gpa is around a 3.1. Do I have any chance of getting in? Also my PCAT composite was an 81.

Hey guys,
So I'm a chemistry Major at UW and I have an 80% overall average. I've taken a ton of really hard courses like inorganic chem 1, 2, 3 quantum mechanics, kinetics, hard AF labs, etc which are bringing me down... Do you think UofT will see my transcript with minimum 6 courses every semester and no bird courses and take that into account? Also I got a 66 in orgo 2 but an 83 in Senior oChem so i'm hoping my senior oChem and senior orgo lab mark (84) would help me out there...

I wrote the PCAT and got an 88 composite which is alright and i've worked at a nuclear testing facility for a year for my co-ops but I don't think that stuff really matters. Do you think with my unique application as a chem major with course overloads and hard courses but not a very high GPA I'll still have a shot?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone access the online application? Mine says,
"The deadline for submission of applications for the Doctor of Pharmacy Program for September 2018 has passed. No further applications can be submitted."

Hey pre- I was able to access the online application! Go on google and type in "toronto pharmacy online application" then click on the first link and then click on "Please click here to access the online application'. it should come up :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey teardropbunny I think you have great chance of getting in if you do well in the interview. Your PCAT scores are excellent and your gpa is good too! Just make sure you prepare for the interview!

Hey pre- I was able to access the online application! Go on google and type in "toronto pharmacy online application" then click on the first link and then click on "Please click here to access the online application'. it should come up :)
It came up few hours after I posted this. I thought I already missed the deadline and freaked out haha. Thank you :)

Hi guys!
My average is about 87.5 and pcat scores are:
Chem: 99
Bio: 99
Quant: 92
CR : 40
Composite : 98
Should I retake the pcat because of my reading score?

Hi guys!

God no! You have a great score! I really doubt that the reading section will be weighed that much. You have an awesome composite and an awesome GPA. Don't stress out about CR and don't go through all the trouble of doing the test again. I also scored a 40 in CR and I've got a composite of 93 and I feel really confident. In the end I think the interview is what's most important anyways; so I don't think CR really affects their decision much.

wow this years thread is very dead compared to last years. where is everyone?!

Hey guys for the U of T application does anyone know if I can use my upper year (3rd year) physical chemistry and organic chemistry marks on the application? For example I got a 70 in Orgo 1 but an 83 in Orgo 3 would I be able to use my orgo 3 mark?

Thanks!

Hi guys! Just wanted to share my scores and what not.
Chem: 96
Bio: 75
CR: 59
Quant: 94
Comp: 90
I'm pretty satisfied with my comp score, though I wished my bio was a bit higher. My cGPA is 3.36 (though I know I can get it to a 3.4+ after this fall term and a high 3.4, maybe 3.5 by the end of the 2017-2018 year). I was just wondering if I should be okay. Presuming I get the MMI (since from what I've seen, you have to hit the minimums to land the interview), most of my application is going to be determined by the MMI. So I don't think it's that worth it to re-write the PCAT. Assuming I prep well for the MMI, how are my chances looking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys for the U of T application does anyone know if I can use my upper year (3rd year) physical chemistry and organic chemistry marks on the application? For example I got a 70 in Orgo 1 but an 83 in Orgo 3 would I be able to use my orgo 3 mark?

Thanks!

No you can't sub in your orgo 3 mark for orgo 2.

Last edited:
I'm pretty satisfied with my comp score, though I wished my bio was a bit higher. My cGPA is 3.36 (though I know I can get it to a 3.4+ after this fall term and a high 3.4, maybe 3.5 by the end of the 2017-2018 year). I was just wondering if I should be okay. Presuming I get the MMI (since from what I've seen, you have to hit the minimums to land the interview), most of my application is going to be determined by the MMI. So I don't think it's that worth it to re-write the PCAT. Assuming I prep well for the MMI, how are my chances looking?
Your pcat should be more than fine. I'd just try to improve on the gpa side of things and prep well for the interviews. Otherwise it looks good

Hey guys, I got accepted for the class of 2021 and I remember being in your shoes a year ago and wishing there was someone in the program that I could ask questions and ask for advice, so here I am. I'll try to visit this forum as often as I can, especially once this forum starts to get more active once you get closer to application deadlines, and I'll try to answer any questions you may have about the program and the admissions process. Good luck to you all!

Last edited:
Hello to everyone! I was wondering if i could get some feedback on my PCAT scores and my gpa:
Bio: 85
Chem: 95
CR: 74
Quant: 77
Comp: 88
gpa is around a 3.7.
Im not sure if I should retake the PCAT considering that my math mark wasn't as great.

Hey guys, I got accepted for the class of 2021 and I remember being in your shoes a year ago and wishing there was someone in the program that I could ask questions and ask for advice, so here I am. I'll try to visit this forum as often as I can, especially once this forum starts to get more active once we get closer to application deadlines, and I'll try to answer any questions you may have about the program and the admissions process. Good luck to you all!

Hey! I was just wondering about any suggestions to prepare for the MMIs? Also, I'm guessing it's normal to prepare way before they even announce interview selections (if you know your PCAT score and cGPA meet their min, requirements?)

Hey! I was just wondering about any suggestions to prepare for the MMIs? Also, I'm guessing it's normal to prepare way before they even announce interview selections (if you know your PCAT score and cGPA meet their min, requirements?)
Yeah, basically it's good to start thinking about the interview pretty early but I started during Xmas break and then once school ended cuz my interview was in May. I watched a lot of YouTube videos of mmi's, found a lot of lists of mmi questions, practiced those. Oh and also a lot of videos about how to look confident and sound confident for interviews. And keeping up with recent events in healthcare by reading the news, watching ted talks etc.

Hello to everyone! I was wondering if i could get some feedback on my PCAT scores and my gpa:
Bio: 85
Chem: 95
CR: 74
Quant: 77
Comp: 88
gpa is around a 3.7.
Im not sure if I should retake the PCAT considering that my math mark wasn't as great.
Your marks look fine to me, pretty close to what my marks were and I got in. Just focus on the interview.
And for everyone else asking if they have a chance, I think that if you have an average above 85% and a PCAT composite above 85 (with at least a 50 in every category) and you have taken a year of full course load, then you're good. But, that doesn't mean that people with 70s haven't been accepted, plus I think that a lot of it just depends on the interview.

Last edited:
Hey guys, 2T1 here!
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask :)

Hi! Could I get some feedback on my scores?
cGPA: 74.5%
BIO: 69
CR: 54
QR: 82
CHEM: 96
COMP: 83
I'm thinking of retaking the PCAT but what I'm most afraid of is my GPA. Thank you!

Hi! Could I get some feedback on my scores?
cGPA: 74.5%
BIO: 69
CR: 54
QR: 82
CHEM: 96
COMP: 83
I'm thinking of retaking the PCAT but what I'm most afraid of is my GPA. Thank you!

from what i know the pcat doesnt seem to be weighed heavily, GPA and the interview are the biggest factors. Id focus upon raising the GPA a bit if possible and acing the interview.

from what i know the pcat doesnt seem to be weighed heavily, GPA and the interview are the biggest factors. Id focus upon raising the GPA a bit if possible and acing the interview.
I see. Unfortunately I've already graduated so it'll be a bit difficult to raise my GPA. ): Do you have any tips on acing the interview?

I see. Unfortunately I've already graduated so it'll be a bit difficult to raise my GPA. ): Do you have any tips on acing the interview?
Check out some of the MMI guides and examples on youtube and practice MMI questions with your friends. there are many sample questions that are available online and would definitely help you prepare for it. I also read Doing Right to improve on ethical reasoning and imo it was an excellent book although you dont really need it.

Hey!

Is anyone writing their PCAT in Jan 2018 ?

Hey guys!
Good luck to everyone on admissions. Thought I would share my stats:

GPA ~ 3.8
Bio: 96
CR: 76 lol
QR: 99
Comp: 99
Writing: 4

Superrrr nervous for the interview. Any suggestions on how to prepare?

Hello, everyone,
I wonder if there's any advantage of attending the interview early? (March vs May)
What is everyone's 1st choice for interview date?

Hello, everyone,
I wonder if there's any advantage of attending the interview early? (March vs May)
What is everyone's 1st choice for interview date?

typically, the may interview date is reserved for people that cant make it for the March interviews due to personal reasons or are out of province although there is a good chance you can still get a May interview even if you arent. There isnt really an advantage or disadvantage of whichever date. Your scores are ranked after all the interviews are done anyway

Heyy everyone!
could anyone from upper years who got accepted into uoft pharmacy or anyone who has a good idea about cutoffs check my stats

my cGPA is 3.84
Biological processes 52
Chemical processes 99
Critical Reading 20 (anyone think this is killing my application completely? :S )
Qunatitative 96
Composite 87

im currently in 4th year undergrad with mostly full time course load

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows of someone who has been accepted without having full course loads?
I'm in my second year and I'm thinking of dropping a course to save my GPA but then I wouldn't have a full course load.
I was one course shy of having a full course load during my first year as well.
Thoughts/opinions?

Thanks

cGPA: around 3.1
Bio 98
Chem 96
CR 50
Quant 94
Composite 96

Do I have a chance?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows of someone who has been accepted without having full course loads?
I'm in my second year and I'm thinking of dropping a course to save my GPA but then I wouldn't have a full course load.
I was one course shy of having a full course load during my first year as well.
Thoughts/opinions?

Thanks

Given you are only in 2nd year it would be disadvantageous but its better if you have a year with a full course load to demonstrate you can handle the load

Given you are only in 2nd year it would be disadvantageous but its better if you have a year with a full course load to demonstrate you can handle the load

Okay, thanks. Btw would you (or anyone else) happen to know how they convert the letter grades to percentages for the cGPA calculation?

Okay, thanks. Btw would you (or anyone else) happen to know how they convert the letter grades to percentages for the cGPA calculation?

Letter grade to cGPA percentage conversion. It only applies to universities that only use letter grades on the transcript
A+ = 90
A = 85
A- = 81
B+ = 78
B = 75
B- = 71
C+ = 68
C = 65
C- = 61
D+ = 58
D = 55
D- = 51
E = 45
F = 40

Thanks!
I would either contact them and ask or add all three orgo courses so at the very least they will see that you did well in the upper year (and likely harder) course. The application will let you add three, so the worst thing they can do is ignore it. No harm done.

cGPA: around 3.3
Bio 90
Chem 98
CR 84
Quant 88
Composite 95

Do I have a chance?
You definitely have a good chance of getting an interview from UofT. I have been an interviewer for MMI for a few years there. However, the final decision depends on composite of all 3 scores i.e. your cGPA, MMI score and PCAT.

Hey guys,
So I'm a chemistry Major at UW and I have an 80% overall average. I've taken a ton of really hard courses like inorganic chem 1, 2, 3 quantum mechanics, kinetics, hard AF labs, etc which are bringing me down... Do you think UofT will see my transcript with minimum 6 courses every semester and no bird courses and take that into account? Also I got a 66 in orgo 2 but an 83 in Senior oChem so i'm hoping my senior oChem and senior orgo lab mark (84) would help me out there...

I wrote the PCAT and got an 88 composite which is alright and i've worked at a nuclear testing facility for a year for my co-ops but I don't think that stuff really matters. Do you think with my unique application as a chem major with course overloads and hard courses but not a very high GPA I'll still have a shot?

To be honest (and unfortunately), none of what you mentioned earlier matters when it comes to giving out an admission to PharmD program at UofT. All it depends is on your PCAT score and grades. They DO NOT consider any additional experience OR extra work load. The final admission offers are made depending on all 3 components of evaluations including cGPA, MMI score and PCAT scores. However, as far as you meet their requirements for PCAT score and cGPA cut off you will be invited for an MMI interview. I have been an MMI interviewer there for a few years and have seen students who had very low grates getting interview and performing very well getting admission and also seen those who can memorize the entire book but did not perform well in MMI (i.e. can't think on the spot/ poor communication skills) and did not get admission.
In your case, it looks like you have done well in PCAT and has >70% as your cGPA. That would almost gurantee you an interview, the rest is on your performance at MMI and your competitors marks/performance. Good luck!!

As others have mentioned, your PCAT looks fine. With this score and even with current GPA, you will almost certainly get MMI. Though, the final decision depends on all 3 components including cGPA, MMI scoring and pCAT. The exact distribution of weighing given to each component is top secret and only a hand full of final decision makers know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys!
Good luck to everyone on admissions. Thought I would share my stats:

GPA ~ 3.8
Bio: 96
CR: 76 lol
QR: 99
Comp: 99
Writing: 4

Superrrr nervous for the interview. Any suggestions on how to prepare?

Hi pharmi22, i must say you have pretty good chance of getting in with those numbers.

Heyy everyone!
could anyone from upper years who got accepted into uoft pharmacy or anyone who has a good idea about cutoffs check my stats

my cGPA is 3.84
Biological processes 52
Chemical processes 99
Critical Reading 20 (anyone think this is killing my application completely? :S )
Qunatitative 96
Composite 87

im currently in 4th year undergrad with mostly full time course load

Hi RxF, it looks like yo have just made the cut off for the reading component. Not sure how this will affect your "getting interview" chances (as you do meet the criteria laid out by the faculty so you will most likely get invited for MMIs), you must perform very well during MMI to make sure this reading marks does not kill your eligibility.

cGPA: around 3.1
Bio 98
Chem 96
CR 50
Quant 94
Composite 96

Do I have a chance?

hi MF19, definately, you got a good chance going forward for invitation to MMIs. However, as i said for many of the other potential applicants, the final decision is a composite of all 3 factors including your cGPA, MMI score and a little bit of PCAT scores. So make sure you prep really well for MMIs

Hi guys!

They use they highest composite score. I think they just look at whether you've met the reading cut off (which u did based on past years) and then your overall composite which is REALLY REALLY GOOD. Kill your interview and you're in.
- 2T1

Hi pharmi22, i must say you have pretty good chance of getting in with those numbers.
I have been an interviewer at UofT pharmacy for MMI for a few years and if you need any help prepping for MMI including sample scenarios, tips on how to prepare and how to perform well, feel free to contact me.
There is benefit for all by posting in the forum.
Is your help free of charge?

Reactions: 2 users
There is benefit for all by posting in the forum.
Is your help free of charge?

Well i am not sure what this question has to do with the topic and comment but to answer it, YES.

Years ago, i was in the same shoes as these candidates and I had no one to turn to for the help. It was a tough time as there is not much information nor material available for MMI interviews. I really wanted to help new applicants and hence the similar comments in reply to various members' questions.

Well i am not sure what this question has to do with the topic and comment but to answer it, YES.
You might be surprised how many would use this forum as a platform for their own purposes...

Hey everyone :) I am a 2T1. I know this is an exciting yet stressful time for many of you guys so please feel free to ask me whatever questions you have and I'll do my best to answer them. Best of luck to you all with the application process. Enjoy the journey! :)