University of Toronto Pharmacy c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an email back from the registrar.

Apparently if you did not know your UofT student number during the completion of your OSAP application, you will not be able to defer fees on ROSI/ACORN. They asked me to send a screenshot of OSAP website indicating that I am expected to receive funding this year. So if you are having issues too, this is likely why.

So it's best best to email them directly about this.

Ohhh, yeah that makes sense. Thanks for sharing the info!

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering, for those of us who applied for osap without entering our UofT student numbers, and selected the option that osap pays fees directly to the university, how will osap be able to pay without knowing our student numbers. Or for that matter, how will osap get a confirmation that we're even enrolled in the program?

I was wondering, for those of us who applied for osap without entering our UofT student numbers, and selected the option that osap pays fees directly to the university, how will osap be able to pay without knowing our student numbers. Or for that matter, how will osap get a confirmation that we're even enrolled in the program?

I'm pretty sure that although some schools have the option for OSAP paying the fees directly to the university, UofT doesn't do that - either OSAP or UofT mentioned it specifically, but I forget exactly where... Instead, OSAP will pay the money directly to your account (once you submit your direct deposit info). As for getting confirmation, I believe UofT will be sending docs to OSAP.

Members don't see this ad :)
does it matter which bank you go with as long as you have a decent interest rate? (hopefully prime)

Doesn't look like the waitlist is moving at all this year :(

does it matter which bank you go with as long as you have a decent interest rate? (hopefully prime)

No it doesn't. I personally went with TD because I love my bank and don't see myself doing business with any other bank, so for convenience I just did TD.

Doesn't look like the waitlist is moving at all this year :(
I don't think there are a lot of people on the wait list in this group. Last I counted there were only 4 people in the group on the wait list. I really hope we get in! Maybe it'll start moving faster at the beginning of august as I think that's the deadline for most medschools and other graduate programs. I really wish we knew our rank on the list!

Are people able to login into Pharmsis? For me it's not working :( Also, for those in the fb group is there movement on the wait list? Or has anyone posted anything with regards to the wait list? I'm beginning to lose hope as more and more time passes by :'(

I'm starting to lose hope too and I think the best thing to do is start working on improving applications, also you can join the fb group they're letting everyone in
Are people able to login into Pharmsis? For me it's not working :( Also, for those in the fb group is there movement on the wait list? Or has anyone posted anything with regards to the wait list? I'm beginning to lose hope as more and more time passes by :'(

They confirmed that my fees have been deferred because of the OSAP/student number issue but I asked that they tell me what the new due date is and they never told me. Does anyone know when our deferred fees are now due?

They confirmed that my fees have been deferred because of the OSAP/student number issue but I asked that they tell me what the new due date is and they never told me. Does anyone know when our deferred fees are now due?
The due date is in the package they mailed out, I don't remember what it was exactly but I think it was in late September.

Also, random question but does anyone know if we're allowed food in class? Cuz like based on the schedule there doesn't seem to be a lunch break or anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
So do I have this correct --> If we decide to defer our fees, tuition for the fall term is due on September 30 and winter term is due on January 31?

For those who signed up for the CPR, how did you do it? I just got back from vacation and saw on Facebook that alot of t21s have already signed up.

Hey guys! I'm sure most of you know about the 2T1 facebook group but in case you don't here is the link!
2T1 Facebook Page

There's lots of upper years in the group where you can ask about Phrosh, CPR, tuition, line of credits, textbooks and so much more!!!

Also check out the Phrosh website: PHROSH WEEK 2017

It's gonna be lit! :)

Hey guys, i dont know if this was asked previously but does anyone know how much the minimum payment is? And its due August 25th unless you get a deferral right?

Who's going to Phrosh? I didn't go to Frosh for my undergrad, and I live quite far away. But maybe I should go to this one. (deadline in 1-2 days)

Also, are any of you buying the textbooks?

Last edited:
Who's going to Phrosh? I didn't go to Frosh for my undergrad, and I live quite far away. But maybe I should go to this one. (deadline in 1-2 days)

Also, are any of you buying the textbooks?

I think it's a good idea to go to phrosh! I met most of my really good friends during phrosh and most still sit in class with people they met in phrosh. It's one of the most memorable experiences in Pharmacy School so I definitely recommend it!

As for textbooks, I prefer having the physical copy infront of me so I would recommend buying the books but it's up to you! :)

Any news from the wait list? Question for upper year students/other people who might know the answer: Do people normally get off the wait list this late in the game?

Hey guys, has anyone received information about scholarships in the mail yet? The decisions page on the applicant website said it would be mailed out in mid-August, just wondering if people have started receiving things already. Thanks!

Am I the only one who can't go to phrosh? I feel like I am missing out on all the fun :/

There will always be a way to get into debt - i come from a family of bankers haha. You wont have a problem securing a line of credit given your acceptance into medical school, but the debt is pretty significant; youre looking at 50k USD/ year minimum. Your case is interesting because I always wanted to be a doctor until i worked in a pharmacy and later at GSK for a bit... i realized theres alot of potential in industry and I loved the business side more than clinical. Thats just my take though, good luck!

lol...you really spoke my mind, especially the the bolded and italicized...but really i felt this is me that posted that...lol..but unfortunately, I just wanna register for my pcat and apply this year....need some encouragement already:scared::scared::scared:

did anyone get off the wait-list? and how was frosh

Reactions: 1 user
did anyone get off the wait-list? and how was frosh
Not that I know of... Did you or do you know someone who got off? Also, according to past years' statistics is it even possible to get off the wait list this late?

Hey guys, do you mind helping us individuals who are applying this, I'm applying for the first time and I need your thoughts on my chances of getting in,
I have the following
gpa: 77%
pcat composite :74
and if considering if I do well on the interview if I get one

how are my chances looking, any feedback on what I should. Thank You

Hey guys, do you mind helping us individuals who are applying this, I'm applying for the first time and I need your thoughts on my chances of getting in,
I have the following
gpa: 77%
pcat composite :74
and if considering if I do well on the interview if I get one

how are my chances looking, any feedback on what I should. Thank You

You should retake the PCAT and get over 90 if you really want to boost your chances. Also, how did you calculate your gpa? Does your uni do gpas in percentages to begin with or did u convert from letter grade, because for admissions they calculate gpa from letter grades differently so it might be lower than expected. So try to boost your gpa by taking easy courses. Another important thing, make sure you have a full course load. That being said, you probably will get an interview with those stats and it's still possible that you could get accepted because a lot of it, in my opinion, depends on the interview in the end.

You should retake the PCAT and get over 90 if you really want to boost your chances. Also, how did you calculate your gpa? Does your uni do gpas in percentages to begin with or did u convert from letter grade, because for admissions they calculate gpa from letter grades differently so it might be lower than expected. So try to boost your gpa by taking easy courses. Another important thing, make sure you have a full course load. That being said, you probably will get an interview with those stats and it's still possible that you could get accepted because a lot of it, in my opinion, depends on the interview in the end.
I calculated my average by basically finding the mean of all my marks..they give us the percentage we got in the course...and do i need a full course load every year of my undergrad or one year or 2 years of full course load is good enough? And do u know anyone by chance who got in with low stats like mine but killed their interview?

I calculated my average by basically finding the mean of all my marks..they give us the percentage we got in the course...and do i need a full course load every year of my undergrad or one year or 2 years of full course load is good enough? And do u know anyone by chance who got in with low stats like mine but killed their interview?

They say a full course load is preferred cuz they wanna make sure you can handle pharmacy (wer currently taking 7 courses). As to whether this has to be every single year, I am not too sure but you should call admissions and ask. Regarding the low stats, it depends how low. If you got 60s on ur PCAT, I'd recommend writing it again and trying to hit an 80 at least. I know people who got in with 80s on the PCAT and thought they bombed the interview. I personally thought that I didn't do great on the interview but i guess admissions office thought otherwise lol Hope that helps. Feel free to message me if you have any further questions. Good luck on your application :)