University of the Pacific - 2013 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can I ask what your gpa/stat is?
I was actually tier 3 too and barely met deadline.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks! I'm a tier 3 I believe, actually I barely met the nov. 15 deadline (they required a transcript from a pharm tech program). I got really lucky It was pushed back...

GPA: 3.3
4 years experience pharm tech
3 Strong LOR's
Lots of volunteer/extracuriculars
Pharm tech training program

Members don't see this ad :)
Waiting for my packet. Interviewed Nov. 16th and got the acceptance email on Nov. 21st.

Tier 3 here and my interview date is jan 11. I feel like this is pretty late. Does uop do rolling admissions??

Yes UOP does rolling admission. You should be find though. Goodluck on your interview! :)

Tier 2 and just got my interview today. Tiers don't matter in my opinion lol

Anyone from Tier 3 hear anything yet?

I'm tier 3, turned in my application on the last day. Just received an interview invite. Will call in tomorrow to schedule a date.

This is not my top choice though. *Hawaii*

Good luck on your interview. Might be bad news for me on Tier 3, then...
Btw, which school in Hawaii did you apply for?

I'm tier 3, turned in my application on the last day. Just received an interview invite. Will call in tomorrow to schedule a date.

This is not my top choice though. *Hawaii*

Did you submit it on the 1st? or the 15th?

Members don't see this ad :)
Tier 3 here and nothing.. Not looking good.. *tear*

Ok I'm being dramatic.. Waiting game...*slow whistle*

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

Same here! I interviewed 11/9 and received notice a week later that my application is now on hold until review in March

Tier 3 here and nothing.. Not looking good.. *tear*

Ok I'm being dramatic.. Waiting game...*slow whistle*

Hang in there I haven't received anything either.

Edit: Tier 3 and notified of interview invite today.

Last edited:
Hang in there I haven't received anything either.

Edit: Tier 3 and notified of interview invite today.

what date did you submit your application? And what is your stats? I'm also Tier 3 but haven't hear anything yet :(

what date did you submit your application? And what is your stats? I'm also Tier 3 but haven't hear anything yet :(

My application was mailed by PharmCAS on November 14th. And my stats are for their eyes only :)

Good luck on your interview. Might be bad news for me on Tier 3, then...
Btw, which school in Hawaii did you apply for?

Hilo is the only Pharmacy school in Hawaii. The other one got closed down.

Did you submit it on the 1st? or the 15th?

I submitted my secondary application on the last day, November 1st or October 31 I believe.

Scheduled the interview for January 18. Anyone else on that day?!?

I submitted my secondary application on the last day, November 1st or October 31 I believe.

Scheduled the interview for January 18. Anyone else on that day?!?

I just scheduled for the 18th as well.

Just received the interview invite email... :D

Just received the interview invite email... :D

I AM SOO excited i got an interview to UOP!! i did not think i would get interviews for a CA school so i only applied to one! I submitted the supplemental the day it was due and i am very grateful i made it in tier 3! I have low stats but an abundance of experience/leadership roles, thank goodness for that!

My interview is Jan 25th, any one else interviewing that day?

This may be an irrelevant question but I was wondering if anyone knows if AT&T has good service at UOP? lol I'm trying to decide which cell phone service to switch too ( and the majority of my next two years will be at UOP) :)

Got an interview invite yesterday! For those in Southern CA, how did you guys get to UOP other than driving over?

Has anyone that got hold from Tier 1 received any news on their status?

Got an interview invite yesterday! For those in Southern CA, how did you guys get to UOP other than driving over?

^ I flew into sacramento airport, rented a car, and drove about another hour to get there!

My interview is scheduled for Jan 18th. I submitted everything pretty late too so I guess I'm lucky. Does anyone have any advice on what to expect? I have yet to begin the whole interviewing process :confused:

I was in the 2nd tier when I applied and was put on hold. This was because I was in my 1st semester of OChem. I have still not heard anything back. PharmCAS received my fall grades on 12/28, and I am not sure how long it takes them to send to UoP.

I am definitely a long shot, I will not have a bachelors degree if I were accepted. I am banking on my Science grades, my military experience, and that I am student body president at my community college.

My stats are interesting, because I spent a lot of time in Community College figuring out what I want to do. I actually already have 131 semester hours (could of had a Bachelors by now!). I am really not sure if I am even close to getting an interview, or I have no chance.

GPA: 3.59
Science GPA: 3.73
4-years in the Air Force (2 deployments to the Middle East)
2 years on the student body government at my CC (1 as Senator, 1 as President)
Spent 8 months volunteering at a Military Clinic, in the Pharmacy. LOR was from a retired Colonel Pharmacist. (Not sure if it looks good, or doesn't matter)

Looks like a lot of you have interviewed here! Can anyone shed some light on what the interview day was like? How long after your interview did you find out you got accepted? I have my interview later this week!

does anyone know how much the commitment deposit is for UoP?

Can someone tell me a little bit more about the area surrounding the school instead? I keep hearing horror stories about how dangerous the area is due to stockton being bankrupt.

Good luck to those who interview on Friday 1/18. I'll see you guys there :)

Can someone tell me a little bit more about the area surrounding the school instead? I keep hearing horror stories about how dangerous the area is due to stockton being bankrupt.

I went up to visit UOP since I had a few days off to check out how bad the area is... From what I saw, the nicest and safest area is in the brookside community if you type in google you will see where i am talking about. The minute you go outside of that, especially where hammer Lane, etc you can see the difference. Quail llakes area was decent as well. It's definitely being smart and having common sense while living there and you should be fine. I have also drove out of stockton and looked at Elk Grove area as well. The neighborhood around the vicinity of uop is okay but it does neighbor bad areas.

Got my acceptance email today!! Wow! I'm so happy ! Wish everyone the best of luck!!!

Congrats!! :) are you set on wanting to come back to cali?
Thanks! This school was/is a dream. I didn't think I'd even get an interview to be honest. I will be withdrawing my admission to Hawaii. I'm set on Cali! :D

Thanks! This school was/is a dream. I didn't think I'd even get an interview to be honest. I will be withdrawing my admission to Hawaii. I'm set on Cali! :D

Congratulations!

If you don't mind me asking, why do you say UOP > Hilo ?

I've been accepted to Hilo, and am doing my interview tomorrow at UOP.

I went up to visit UOP since I had a few days off to check out how bad the area is... From what I saw, the nicest and safest area is in the brookside community if you type in google you will see where i am talking about. The minute you go outside of that, especially where hammer Lane, etc you can see the difference. Quail llakes area was decent as well. It's definitely being smart and having common sense while living there and you should be fine. I have also drove out of stockton and looked at Elk Grove area as well. The neighborhood around the vicinity of uop is okay but it does neighbor bad areas.

Thanks a lot for the input. I'll definitely take a look at the areas you mentioned when I head down to stockton at the end of the month for my interview. :)

Congratulations!

If you don't mind me asking, why do you say UOP > Hilo ?

I've been accepted to Hilo, and am doing my interview tomorrow at UOP.
The associate dean (dr. Fisher) really impressed me with the interview and I think Hilo is a up and coming school but UOP is superior. 1) UOP has been around since 1955 vs 2007 Hilo 2) Hilo doesn't have a permanent building for the school of pharmacy (to be fair construction is sent to begin soon) 3) the cost of living in stockton is way less compared to Hawaii 4) less expensive/easier to travel to visit friends/family 5) UOP has a stellar reputation even in soCal which means better networking opportunities while living in the mainland. 6) 3 year vs 4 year ( can be hectic but depending on your age you might want to finish quicker)

Yay! I will see you in the fall! I agree with you as well that UOP I s better than hilo. They have a large alumni base and have connection to many hospitals around the areas. I asked the residency program director and other clinical pharmacists and they feel they have had good residents from UOP. A lot of the pharmacists I work with are uop alumni

The associate dean (dr. Fisher) really impressed me with the interview and I think Hilo is a up and coming school but UOP is superior. 1) UOP has been around since 1955 vs 2007 Hilo 2) Hilo doesn't have a permanent building for the school of pharmacy (to be fair construction is sent to begin soon) 3) the cost of living in stockton is way less compared to Hawaii 4) less expensive/easier to travel to visit friends/family 5) UOP has a stellar reputation even in soCal which means better networking opportunities while living in the mainland. 6) 3 year vs 4 year ( can be hectic but depending on your age you might want to finish quicker)

Thanks for the information.

It was nice meeting some of you at the interview today. (I was the only one not wearing a blazer/suit, in blue >.>)

Did I miss the memo or something? Everyone was in black

Last edited: