University of the Pacific - 2012 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey for those of you who were accepted and are planning on going to UOP, what is it you like about UOP? What have you heard about the place?

I know a lot of people like the fact that its a 3 yr program but that's also scary. I heard more than 15 people dropped out last year.

Members don't see this ad.

To the people who called me a D-bag for saying UOP snubbed me months ago for putting me on hold after a stellar interview and impeccable stats - I was waitlisted and I will withdraw sometime this week.

Please don't assume that I am a D-bag because I felt snubbed. A D-bag would keep you kids waiting, when I will make it clear I want my spot to go to someone else. Grow up and be supportive to your peers if they feel bad. Help them out. Share notes. Teach eachother. YOU WILL BE A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL. ARE YOU GOING TO SLAM YOUR PATIENTS IF THEY ARE TESTY? I didn't think so.

Good luck and I'm proud of everyone who wasn't a total ******* to me when I felt sad about my status. I really wanted to go to UOP.

Members don't see this ad :)
To the people who called me a D-bag for saying UOP snubbed me months ago for putting me on hold after a stellar interview and impeccable stats - I was waitlisted and I will withdraw sometime this week.

Please don't assume that I am a D-bag because I felt snubbed. A D-bag would keep you kids waiting, when I will make it clear I want my spot to go to someone else. Grow up and be supportive to your peers if they feel bad. Help them out. Share notes. Teach eachother. YOU WILL BE A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL. ARE YOU GOING TO SLAM YOUR PATIENTS IF THEY ARE TESTY? I didn't think so.

Good luck and I'm proud of everyone who wasn't a total ******* to me when I felt sad about my status. I really wanted to go to UOP.

someone called you a d-bag? well that's rude.. congrats btw on your ucsf acceptance :) ! did you eventually get in UOP or are you on the waitlist too? thanks for withdrawing your app ahead of time so we all could have a chance!!!

who called you a d-bag? that's rude... Thank you for letting us know. And thanks for being considerate and telling UOP earlier than later so the rest of us can have a chance!! Congrats on your ucsf acceptance!!! Good luck :luck:

and for those who care - UCSF
Considering that UCSF is the number 1 pharmacy school in the country you should be proud! Who cares what anyone has/had to say about your earlier venting post, congrats!

i have a question... does anybody know how many seats available for UOP 2015 (transfer students) ??

Hey man- you're a D-bag. A rancid, moldy, disgusting D-bag. The reason they didn't like you at UOP is because you have no character, no personality, and you're not qualified. I mean, who blames the school for not getting accepted? A D-bag, that's who. Like you. Grow up.

And you know what? We don't care. If you're not good enough for UOP, then you're not cut out for UCSF. Everyone knows UOP is the gold standard for pharmD programs. You won't cut it at UCSF. Give up now.

Stop trolling, Dr. YMCMB. BTW everyone knows Short Dawg is the best rapper in that lame ass crew. I bet you whine and cry yourself to sleep with Drake every night.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey man- you're a D-bag. A rancid, moldy, disgusting D-bag. The reason they didn't like you at UOP is because you have no character, no personality, and you're not qualified. I mean, who blames the school for not getting accepted? A D-bag, that's who. Like you. Grow up.

At least my 300k loans will be paid off in less than a decade and I'll have steady employment with a degree that actually means something to companies other than CVS and RiteAid

So what if I curl up in the fetal position and sip on my moscato while listening to Jimmy, I mean Drake, every night? And short dawg is a no good crack addict of a lame rapper. Everyone knows the real gangstas drink that promethazine purple.

With a lame name like pescatarian, you'll be in a great D-bag city like San Francisco. UCSF is so lucky to have you- UOP's trash.

So what if I curl up in the fetal position and sip on my moscato while listening to Jimmy, I mean Drake, every night? And short dawg is a no good crack addict of a lame rapper. Everyone knows the real gangstas drink that promethazine purple.

With a lame name like pescatarian, you'll be in a great D-bag city like San Francisco. UCSF is so lucky to have you- UOP's trash.

You are nothing but a teenage-soap opera loving pedophile with a little too much insight on narcos. If you're so gangster, why don't you live by the code on the streets and get your face tattooed with the logo of your jailhouse boyfriend where all you will eat is (his) meat. At least I only enjoy the tuna, Beezy.

You are nothing but a teenage-soap opera loving pedophile with a little too much insight on narcos. If you're so gangster, why don't you live by the code on the streets and get your face tattooed with the logo of your jailhouse boyfriend where all you will eat is (his) meat. At least I only enjoy the tuna, Beezy.

Wow, how did this get so out of hand? I think UOP and UCSF are both great schools. Personally for me, UCSF was wonderful and I would have loved to go there but I was waitlisted. I was really bummed because it was number one for me. I also interviewed at UOP and loved that school as well. But objectively speaking I don't believe that SF is a d-bag city and I'm sorry pescatarian, that people are saying nasty things. I have many friends who go to UCSF and they are nothing but inspiring and good hearted people. Pescatarian, congrats on your admittance and I know you'll love it there.

Wow, how did this get so out of hand? I think UOP and UCSF are both great schools. Personally for me, UCSF was wonderful and I would have loved to go there but I was waitlisted. I was really bummed because it was number one for me. I also interviewed at UOP and loved that school as well. But objectively speaking I don't believe that SF is a d-bag city and I'm sorry pescatarian, that people are saying nasty things. I have many friends who go to UCSF and they are nothing but inspiring and good hearted people. Pescatarian, congrats on your admittance and I know you'll love it there.

Thanks for the backup G, but it sounds like you have a substance abuse problem. Drink and Derive? That's one letter away from a reason to hold you back from admission. Smart, man, smart. As for Dr. YMCMB, I have respect for the homie that can stand up to this. That takes morals man. His mother raised him right. On food stamps, swagger and STDs. Good job YOLO, keep singing that motto.

Last edited:
BRTky.jpg

Last edited:

Congrats on UCSF! :D It's a great school and I'm a tad jealous. lol

For those of you on the waitlist, I'm withdrawing to go to University of Arizona. Good luck getting in!

I withdrew my app as well.

GL to the rest of you!

Last edited:
yes, lets be nice to one another, please...
Thank you for letting us know. And thanks for being considerate and telling UOP earlier than later so the rest of us can have a chance! :laugh:

Got my acceptance letter today, I couldn't be happier, woooo-hoooo!!! :D Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

was you app on hold or you were placed on waiting list without being on hold?

i'm positive that he or she was on the top of the waitlist. congrats blueeyes! hopefully we'll all hear back soon!!!!!!! :xf::xf:
Thank you! Yes, I was on hold, then on the top of the waitlist, then accepted today. Good luck to you all!

Thank you! Yes, I was on hold, then on the top of the waitlist, then accepted today. Good luck to you all!

Congrats!!!! You should be celebrating that all your hard work has paid off. Your parents must be proud :)

i am not sure about UOP, but other school allow students to send extra letter of intent and letter of recommendation. Has anyone done so?

i am not sure about UOP, but other school allow students to send extra letter of intent and letter of recommendation. Has anyone done so?

I didnt. But I think it is a good idea for those who were placed on hold since the first or second interview because it gives you a chance to update the school what you have accomplished since the interview. However, I would not recommend people of the third or fourth interview to do so because it havent been that long since the interview. So unless you have something worth while to tell them, I would just be hopeful and wait it out. Goodluck

Congrats!!!! You should be celebrating that all your hard work has paid off. Your parents must be proud :)
Yes they are, thank you so much!! I am sure your parents are equally as proud of you in how far you have come so far and support you through all of the anticipation and waiting that comes along with the interview/acceptance process. Good luck to you wherever you go!! :)

really? :( not even top waiting list? I thought.. blueeyes was on the top waiting list?...

I also asked Veronica about changes in the waitlist and she said there were none...so I don't know what is really going on!

to everyone that got his or her acceptance, congrats :) !! please let the other schools know that you'll be withdrawing your seat ASAP! this will help many of us who are still waiting.

Does anyone know how many seats are still available at UOP for Fall 2012?How many students are placed on the waiting list?

interviewed: around 300
entering size (prepharmacy advance + transfer) : 200
transfer applicant accepted: 190 (?)

So the class sizes are usually 220 about now. Half of them are from the undergrad program, half are transfer students. I'm not sure how many interview, but it's only for about 110 slots.

Anyway, I'm UOP class of 2012. I graduate in 3 weeks! :)

I think it is still early for the waitlist to move

Yeah I agree but the only reason that got me thinking was someone just posted that they had been pulled off the "high" portion of the waitlist so I don't know what is really going on haha

does anyone know what happen to the waitlist? any movement?

I emailed her recently. She said there was no movement I am so depressed. :(

Keep your head up!!! And dont give up!!! Good luck!

Last edited:
Keep your head up!!! And don't* give up!!! Good luck!