University of the Pacific - 2012 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ayuka001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying here? Have you guys submitted your app + supplemental?

:)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just submitted my supplemental yesterday, and i'm going to submit the PharmCAS one tonight! Good luck to you all.

I'm super stressing out trying to finish my supplemental essays by tonight so that I can submit it.

Good luck all :)

I wonder if it's enough to have e-submitted your PharmCAS application by August 1 for it to be considered tier 1: don't they have to process your application, which can take up to five weeks?

I heard that we need to submit both the pharmcas and the supplemental (esubmit or postmark by august 1st), including LOR's, transcripts and such too.

I e-submitted my PharmCAS yesterday for UoP's tier 1.

Do i need to submit my supplemental before August 1st as well?

I wonder if it's enough to have e-submitted your PharmCAS application by August 1 for it to be considered tier 1: don't they have to process your application, which can take up to five weeks?

I heard that we need to submit both the pharmcas and the supplemental (esubmit or postmark by august 1st), including LOR's, transcripts and such too.

Moving this to a thread that may get more responces. :thumbup:

This is what I found on the website:

• Tier 1 - June 1 through August 1
"All documents must be received by both PharmCAS and Pacific to be considered complete. In order to meet the deadline, PharmCAS must receive all documents by 9:00 p.m. Pacific time and all supplemental material must be postmarked by the deadline date."

So its safe to say you must submit primary and supplemental by August 1st. AND your pharmcas will not be considered complete if the LOR and transcripts aren't in.

As for calculating GPA, I wonder how that works. If say, I submitted my app by August 1st and transcripts are in and everything is complete. Will pharmcas wait until the GPA is calculated before sending them out? If it takes up to 5 weeks then would it mean I technically did not meet the deadline. Sort of confusing.

This is what I found on the website:

• Tier 1 - June 1 through August 1
"All documents must be received by both PharmCAS and Pacific to be considered complete. In order to meet the deadline, PharmCAS must receive all documents by 9:00 p.m. Pacific time and all supplemental material must be postmarked by the deadline date."

So its safe to say you must submit primary and supplemental by August 1st. AND your pharmcas will not be considered complete if the LOR and transcripts aren't in.

As for calculating GPA, I wonder how that works. If say, I submitted my app by August 1st and transcripts are in and everything is complete. Will pharmcas wait until the GPA is calculated before sending them out? If it takes up to 5 weeks then would it mean I technically did not meet the deadline. Sort of confusing.

PharmCAS will always calculate GPA before sending it out (as that's one of the main points of using PharmCAS). Even your quote confirms that it's when PharmCAS receives everything that matters, not when the school gets them. :luck:

PharmCAS will always calculate GPA before sending it out (as that's one of the main points of using PharmCAS). Even your quote confirms that it's when PharmCAS receives everything that matters, not when the school gets them. :luck:

It looks like we ALL lose then ^^

Members don't see this ad :)
I just e-mailed Veronica to be sure, but I believe it just needs to be submitted. Not whether UOP receives it.

So everything needs to be submitted by 9pm pacific tonight?

So everything needs to be submitted by 9pm pacific tonight?

From my understanding, it had to be submitted at 9PM yesterday. From what I remember from the workshop it was the last day of July

I forgot to list 2 classes in the liberal arts section. Will UOP just send me a missing coursework letter? And will that delay my application?

Last edited:
I think if you sent it in today before 9PM then you should be okay for tier 1.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :xf::xf::xf:

just making sure, once we submit pharmcas app + uop online supplemental, is there anything else part of supplemental that we need to submit or mail to uop?

thanks!

I forgot to list 2 classes in the liberal arts section. Will UOP just send me a missing coursework letter? And will that delay my application?

They will send your application back for corrections.

Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS)
PharmCAS Tip of The Week: Before you e-submit your application, please ensure that you have listed all of your coursework on your application, including any Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, or Departmental Exam coursework that appears on your transcript. PharmCAS will send your application back to you if it is not entered correctly.

They will send your application back for corrections.

Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS)
PharmCAS Tip of The Week: Before you e-submit your application, please ensure that you have listed all of your coursework on your application, including any Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, or Departmental Exam coursework that appears on your transcript. PharmCAS will send your application back to you if it is not entered correctly.

Sorry I misread your question, pharmcas will send it back, but as for UOP, you should email Veronica.

for those who've submitted the supplemental, have you received anything new from UOP? (in the email it says we should get a letter in the mail but I haven't gotten anything...)

I received an automated e-mail from Veronica stating what I should be expecting within the next few weeks. Also gave me instructions to check on my status and what I need to turn in if anything is missing.

Just to give you how long that took.

I submitted my application July 31, and received the e-mail a couple days ago. So about 2 weeks.

Hi so I had a question for entering the status of prepreq courses

I go to UCI and when I look at the course equivalencies there are only 4 bio labs listed. I have only taken 2 of these labs, but the category is general biology, so is it ok for me to list other bio labs like anatomy, microbio, biochem lab? Am I not allowed to listed them if it is not listed on the equivalencies?

I received an automated e-mail from Veronica stating what I should be expecting within the next few weeks. Also gave me instructions to check on my status and what I need to turn in if anything is missing.

Just to give you how long that took.

I submitted my application July 31, and received the e-mail a couple days ago. So about 2 weeks.

Have you tried checking your status using the university ID number? I just tried checking mine and got a 500 - Internal Server Error message. :boom:

just making sure, once we submit pharmcas app + uop online supplemental, is there anything else part of supplemental that we need to submit or mail to uop?

thanks!

A copy of pharmacy technician license if you have it. I stupidly lost mine and am trying to get one redelivered. :(

Does anyone know why we can't just give them our license number and expiration date instead? *sigh*

Have you tried checking your status using the university ID number? I just tried checking mine and got a 500 - Internal Server Error message. :boom:

Yeah, I check it all the time, and at random times, the site may be down. Just keep checking. I still don't have anything listed though.

How long did it take for you guys to get your UOP University ID number? I submittted my pharmcas and supp early August, and I still have not received anything from them yet. Do they send it via email or snail mail?

How long did it take for you guys to get your UOP University ID number? I submittted my pharmcas and supp early August, and I still have not received anything from them yet. Do they send it via email or snail mail?

When they received your completed applications (both PharmCAS and Supplemental) and have uploaded to their system, you will receive an email and your ID number will be in it.

At least that's how me and my friends obtained ours.

I received my ID number maybe 2 weeks after I completely submitted my application

my application items have been updated and received by UOP according to their status checker. Next to "8. file complete date" there's no date, and it's highlighted in pink. Anyone else's like that?

i've got nothing at all. Mine is still a blank page with the information about how it works.

my status now says: File Complete Date 8/1
I guess I made Tier 1 :) !

^ I haven't received anything from them other than an email about "checklist review" just stating what prereq courses I still need to take that's all.

Are interview invites coming in the mail or email?

Well I applied last year (obviously did not get in) and was 2nd tier and they deferred my application until later in the cycle. Both that and the rejection notice I received through the mail.

I checked last year thread and they started getting interviews invite on sept 18th.
So hopefully we'll hear soon? I guess this waiting period is a lot harder than expected...

^ I heard some ppl actually already got interview invites :/

Hey everyone! I'm applying to UoP, too and received an interview invite by e-mail on Monday, 9/12! didn't call them yet, but will tomorrow! =)

Hey everyone! I'm applying to UoP, too and received an interview invite by e-mail on Monday, 9/12! didn't call them yet, but will tomorrow! =)

Congrats! Do you mind sharing ur stats plz?

Thanks!

cum GPA: 3.82
sci GPA: 3.74
LoRs: 1 pharmacy manager and 1 science professor/major advisor
Experience: 1.5 years as a pharmacy tech, peer advisor for a pre-health advising center, VP for pre-pharmacy club last year and currently a mentor

Thanks!

Experience: 1.5 years as a pharmacy tech, peer advisor for a pre-health advising center, VP for pre-pharmacy club last year and currently a mentor

Congrats! You have really good stats!

Thanks!

:eek:
I'm jelly of your stats! lol Congrats and I hope you get in!

Congrats! You have really good stats!

Thanks guys! So I called them today, and I was offered an interview for 10/21. But since I live in Hawaii, we have the privilege to have our interviews here! So now I just gotta wait for the pharmacist to call me to schedule an interview! =)

Good luck to everyone else!

congrats! you'll def. get in with the stats u have! hope to see you next year if you (and i) decide to go to UOP