University of St. Augustine Summer 2014 Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am in the same boat for the FL so you are definitely not alone!!
Thank goodness I am getting really nervous!

Members don't see this ad.

i logged into my usa but my candidate tab is missing.. did i get rejected?

i logged into my usa but my candidate tab is missing.. did i get rejected?

I doubt it, when i was rejected the first time it said "expect a decision within two weeks" and my candidate tab was there
I wouldn't worry

Members don't see this ad :)
I doubt it, when i was rejected the first time it said "expect a decision within two weeks" and my candidate tab was there
I wouldn't worry

oh thats reassuring! but where is the tab?!

Haha i'm sure it's right! I would probably say the same thing! Congratulations!!! :) Thats awesome
Thanks hopefully all of ya'll will be joining!! And yea worst joke ever if it happens, still waiting for the phone call/email. Good Luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks hopefully all of ya'll will be joining!! And yea worst joke ever if it happens, still waiting for the phone call/email. Good Luck!!
Thank you! I truly hope so, too! Congrats again! Thats amazing! Are you PT? FL?

I do remember looking through previous threads and some people found out on two different days.
But I am thinking right now that no change is good because I am pretty sure they will change it from the "interview"
status to something.

that was a rejection, and I got an email that same day. I think the portal will actually say waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I truly hope so, too! Congrats again! Thats amazing! Are you PT? FL?
Yup, I applied for the DPT program in St. Augustine since I'm currently living in Tallahassee. So St. Aug was the closest.

I am wait listed :/. I truly hope the best for everyone and the best of luck on the remaining people waiting for acceptance!!

I am wait listed :/. I truly hope the best for everyone and the best of luck on the remaining people waiting for acceptance!!
how did you find out you were waitlisted? portal or email?

Anyone heard anything from the Austin campus?

sorry to hear that but the waitlist isn't as bad as a rejection and they do stress that being waitlisted is the next best option. I was waitlisted for January term and now I'm starting to get worried I'm waitlisted again because my portal status hasn't changed :(

Just checked my student portal and found out I got accepted into San Marcos!!! Gluck to everyone, hope you all get the good news!

If anyone else gets wait listed please post, it would be nice to have some companions in this process.

sorry to hear that but the waitlist isn't as bad as a rejection and they do stress that being waitlisted is the next best option. I was waitlisted for January term and now I'm starting to get worried I'm waitlisted again because my portal status hasn't changed :(

I'm in the same boat as you, waitlisted from January term.. my portal status hasn't changed either :(

Guess I didn't get in..:(
It says on my portal you are on our post - interview wait list.

Guess I didn't get in..:(
It says on my portal you are on our post - interview wait list.

What campus did you apply for?
I know that they no longer give numbers, I am just curious how many are wait listed from each campus

I got into OT! I feel so bad for everyone wait listed or rejected though :( I truly hope everything works out for those of you

I'm in the same boat as you, waitlisted from January term.. my portal status hasn't changed either :(
oh man :( i hope maybe they just haven't gotten around to us previously waitlisted applicants yet? who knows.

just checked my USA portal thanks to everyones posts on here lol I GOT IN!!!! whoooo! congrats to all that have got accepted and I cannot wait to start in MAY! SEE YOU ALL THERE!!

and to those who are waitlisted...some students may not accept..and if ultimately in the end there are no more spaces then it's really not the end of the world. Take this opportunity to grow, as I took a two year break from undergrad working on my application and interview skills. Main thing is to send a reply email asking any and as much constructive criticism as you can and work on it, as I did from my rejection letter last year.

just checked my USA portal thanks to everyones posts on here lol I GOT IN!!!! whoooo! congrats to all that have got accepted and I cannot wait to start in MAY! SEE YOU ALL THERE!!

and to those who are waitlisted...some students may not accept..and if ultimately in the end there are no more spaces then it's really not the end of the world. Take this opportunity to grow, as I took a two year break from undergrad working on my application and interview skills. Main thing is to send a reply email asking any and as much constructive criticism as you can and work on it, as I did from my rejection letter last year.

Yeah, that is exactly what I did too when I got rejected and improved enough to get an interview this cycle but ultimately wait-listed so hopefully it works out

congrats to everyone who got in and those who are waitlisted!

should i apply for the fall admissions? or just wait until the jan 2014 admissions?

Yeah, that is exactly what I did too when I got rejected and improved enough to get an interview this cycle but ultimately wait-listed so hopefully it works out

are you planning on sending an email asking what you could have improved on? and did you apply to other schools?

congrats to everyone who got in and those who are waitlisted!

should i apply for the fall admissions? or just wait until the jan 2014 admissions?

Coming from someone who was rejected my first time, I would recommend applying in Jan so that you have time to make you application as strong as possible.
But like someone posted earlier, email and ask them what you need to do to change. Although I was wait-listed I fully plan on doing the same and looking to possibly
prepare to re-apply in the future.

are you planning on sending an email asking what you could have improved on? and did you apply to other schools?

Yes I do, I am a little discouraged though because the time off I took last time I worked on my whole application (got more hours,increase GPA, increase GRE, and better references) and although I got an interview
I was ultimately wait listed so its starting to narrow down the things that I can continue to increase. I just finished a pre-req retake for which I should have an A and I have continued to volunteer(I know it does not
matter as much) so in the event I am rolled over I still have some things to automatically increase my application, I just hope it does not come to that.

Yes I do, I am a little discouraged though because the time off I took last time I worked on my whole application (got more hours,increase GPA, increase GRE, and better references) and although I got an interview
I was ultimately wait listed so its starting to narrow down the things that I can continue to increase. I just finished a pre-req retake for which I should have an A and I have continued to volunteer(I know it does not
matter as much) so in the event I am rolled over I still have some things to automatically increase my application, I just hope it does not come to that.
ask them what it was in the interview process that you can work on because it sounds to me like your numbers are solid enough for acceptance..but the volunteer hours inbetween now and next cycle will help if they ask what you have done to improve your application

ask them what it was in the interview process that you can work on because it sounds to me like your numbers are solid enough for acceptance..but the volunteer hours inbetween now and next cycle will help if they ask what you have done to improve your application

Yeah that is a good point, I felt like I interviewed well enough so I am honestly not sure what aspect kept me off of the acceptance list. I know my interview was a little more intense then others but I
didnt feel like it was terrible by any means. Now another waiting game, I have learned the true meaning of patience during this process.

P.S. Congratulations by the way, being initially rejected and coming back more strong is a huge deal!

Just found out i got in to St. Augustine campus! Congrats to everyone who got in as well!

Has anyone who has been accepted received an email yet?? Maybe they'll be sending those out tomorrow.

I have searched high and low on the forums, does anyone know of someone who was wait-listed, rolled over to the next cycle and still didnt get in?

Has anyone who has been accepted received an email yet?? Maybe they'll be sending those out tomorrow.
I haven't heard anything via email or phone yet... It does say you have been accepted though on my portal....

I haven't heard anything via email or phone yet... It does say you have been accepted though on my portal....
Yeah mine too! They'll probably send emails out tomorrow

Glad to see others have not received the email or phone call yet, but very happy to see that I was accepted through the portal!

If you got into San Marcos, there is now a Facebook group. Search University of St Augustine San Marcos May 2014

Received acceptance to San Marcos campus....really excited to join you guys :) :) :)

But question: I did not receive any email, I found out through portal. Does anybody run into this situation?

Received acceptance to San Marcos campus....really excited to join you guys :) :) :)

But question: I did not receive any email, I found out through portal. Does anybody run into this situation?
I don't think anyone has received an acceptance email.. only through portal at the moment. Maybe tomorrow we will get the email!

Congratulations! Was this your first time applying?