This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How many people on here are attending St. Augustine Spring 2019 Term? Might as well start to get to know everyone and begin networking with everyone else
I'll be attending the Spring 2019 Term at the St. Augustine campus.

Members don't see this ad.

UPDATE: I attempted to call to get an update on when we would be receiving enrollment information, drug test instructions, etc. but they did not answer. I will attempt to call again tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed them regarding the Drug Screen/Background Check. They are not sending out the email until the beginning of October.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed them regarding the Drug Screen/Background Check. They are not sending out the email until the beginning of October.
It went from the middle of September last time I spoke with them to now October. Oh well. Guess we continue to wait. Has anyone heard back from them in regards to them receiving our FAFSA's?

Does anyone know how many spots are still available for Austin TX spring 2019 cohort? I have an interview on 9/21 and I’m worried a lot of the spots may have already been taken!
I will be interviewing on that day as well and am also worried about how many spots are left!

Hi guys! I created a Facebook group a while back for the Austin Spring 2019 cohort. Feel free to join, congrats on the acceptances!

SDN won’t let me post links for some reason but the fb page name is:

University of St. Augustine, Austin OT Spring 2019

I will be interviewing on that day as well and am also worried about how many spots are left!
I'll see you guys Friday morning. With a class size of 90, I think there are still spots open.

Actually they put on a glove and had me bend over too..... just kidding ya just urine it took 2 min

For the Spring 2019 St. Augustine class, I got an update from Emily that the reason we haven't gotten any further emails in regards to enrolling, etc. is due to the changes they are making to the Spring forms and will send them out as soon as possible. Has everyone joined the "USAHS Housing/Roommates - St. Augustine, FL Campus" facebook page?

Wow 90 students per full time class?! I thought it was 40 students
I looked at the PTCAS page on USA and I read that their anticipated class size is 230 for next year over four campuses, so I think it's between 50-60 per campus. The flex program, on the other hand reads that the next anticipated class size is 90 students over three of their campuses.

Members don't see this ad :)
Question - last minute updates to USA Application:

Since the last update to my USA application, I have accrued 40-50 additional observation hours and received a Certification level. I interview Friday, too late for actual verification. Any thoughts as to if and how to communicate this, since there does not appear to be a one-on-one opportunity on interview day?

Question - last minute updates to USA Application:

Since the last update to my USA application, I have accrued 40-50 additional observation hours and received a Certification level. I interview Friday, too late for actual verification. Any thoughts as to if and how to communicate this, since there does not appear to be a one-on-one opportunity on interview day?
Although you will be interviewing in a group format, there will be ample time for you to discuss anything additional I would think. When I was interviewing, the interviewer gave plenty of opportunity for myself and the guy I interviewed with to answer all questions, ask questions and volunteer any additional information that we felt relevant to our admissions decision.

It went from the middle of September last time I spoke with them to now October. Oh well. Guess we continue to wait. Has anyone heard back from them in regards to them receiving our FAFSA's?
I hope they get back soon about that. I'm really confused about the whole FAFSA with the grad plus loan or whatever it's called. Probably should schedule an appointment or something haha. Makes me anxious to live off of loans for the next three years.. :(

I hope they get back soon about that. I'm really confused about the whole FAFSA with the grad plus loan or whatever it's called. Probably should schedule an appointment or something haha. Makes me anxious to live off of loans for the next three years.. :(
Same. That grad plus loan is gonna pay for my housing, food, fun, etc. So I need to schedule an appointment with the financial aid people too. I'll give them a call again on monday

Hey guys! I had an interview this past friday at the St. Augustine campus and was wondering if you guys know how long it’ll take for me to hear back! thank you

Hey guys! I had an interview this past friday at the St. Augustine campus and was wondering if you guys know how long it’ll take for me to hear back! thank you

Should be no longer than 3 weeks! I heard back within 2 weeks though :) Good luck!!!

Have you guys done the background check yet?? How in detail does it get? If someone got in legal trouble in high school do you think it will impact their acceptance? ...asking for a friend
I haven't done it yet. I think you can look up the details about it though on the USA website

I'd look into sally mae also or wells fargo. The Grad Plus has a 7.7% interest rate and a 4.5% origination fee, while the sallie mae loan I went with was 0 origination fee and 8% interest with no cosigners. I plan to refinance immediately after school so I think it could save you a bit in the end, every bit counts haha. Also try to borrow as little as possible. The lady said some students were taking out 60k a year which is insane to me...

I'd look into sally mae also or wells fargo. The Grad Plus has a 7.7% interest rate and a 4.5% origination fee, while the sallie mae loan I went with was 0 origination fee and 8% interest with no cosigners. I plan to refinance immediately after school so I think it could save you a bit in the end, every bit counts haha. Also try to borrow as little as possible. The lady said some students were taking out 60k a year which is insane to me...
Yeah, I really need to talk with someone about what is best for me. I was thinking going through the government with the plus loan would just be easiest but the interest rate and origination fee is a bit crazy. I want to be able to work still so I don't feel so anxious about these loans haha

Yeah, I really need to talk with someone about what is best for me. I was thinking going through the government with the plus loan would just be easiest but the interest rate and origination fee is a bit crazy. I want to be able to work still so I don't feel so anxious about these loans haha
If you go through the government, you'll be able to use the "income-based repayment" or "pay as you earn" options. This significantly lowers your monthly payment compared to the standard loan repayment. Only certain loans are eligible for this option however, so do some research on these two repayment options. I have a friend in med school who did one of these options and she had over 400k total in loans, however, her monthly payment is easily manageable and allows her to live a normal life and not stress about coming up with the money each month.

If you go through the government, you'll be able to use the "income-based repayment" or "pay as you earn" options. This significantly lowers your monthly payment compared to the standard loan repayment. Only certain loans are eligible for this option however, so do some research on these two repayment options. I have a friend in med school who did one of these options and she had over 400k total in loans, however, her monthly payment is easily manageable and allows her to live a normal life and not stress about coming up with the money each month.
Those are all fine and dandy until you end up paying about 350k on a 100k loan. I would try and stay in the range where you can reasonably repay it someday so you can get out from under it.

Those are all fine and dandy until you end up paying about 350k on a 100k loan. I would try and stay in the range where you can reasonably repay it someday so you can get out from under it.
If you work for a nonprofit out of school your loans are normally forgiven after 10 years anyway. And with her loan, she won't even pay back half of that total principal loan before the rest is forgiven by the government. She will only be paying back 60k of that 400k with the rest of that principal being forgiven. So you actually save money in the long run. This is only for those people who will have debt from not only DPT school but the remainder of their undergrad loans too. Which would be way more than 100k.

https://studentloanhero.com/calculators/student-loan-income-based-repayment-calculator/

Use this link to determine if using the income-based repayment option would be more beneficial than the standard 10-year repayment. It provides a comparison of the two side by side based on your estimated income. They mentioned this option at my interview
If you are able to pull off the 20 years, you have to report the amount forgiven as income so that could be a huge chunk still owed after the fact. Also, think about that you have to work for the government the whole time. I am not saying its a terrible idea, but be careful and try to make plans to pay it back in 10 years or less.

If you are able to pull off the 20 years, you have to report the amount forgiven as income so that could be a huge chunk still owed after the fact. Also, think about that you have to work for the government the whole time. I am not saying its a terrible idea, but be careful and try to make plans to pay it back in 10 years or less.
It's definitely on a case by case basis. And with the new tax laws, the taxed income would be in a higher tax bracket which would still end up costing someone less if their monthly payments are too high to support a living on a normal 10-year repayment option. Hospital setting counts as the 10-year forgiveness as well since they are non-profit. Just something that has to be brought up at that specific interview with that job setting.

Anyone receive an email update with next steps yet?

Anyone receive an email update with next steps yet?
Boooyyaaa! Spring 2019 here I come! Just got acceptance letter, Austin campus! Second cycle.

Hey all! I've been watching the thread for a while and just got my acceptance as well. Can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Hey all! I've been watching the thread for a while and just got my acceptance as well. Can't wait to meet everyone!!!
Congrats! We will have to meet up on Facebook page:)

I haven’t heard anything yet and I was part of the 9/21 Austin TX interview group. Does mean I’ve been rejected / waitlisted? :(

I haven’t heard anything yet and I was part of the 9/21 Austin TX interview group. Does mean I’ve been rejected / waitlisted? :(
No, it doesn't mean anything solid. I just found out today that I was accepted for the Spring start date, they will be making more decisions throughout the week leading up to that 3 week acceptance/denial date. From my research, most people that were accepted heard back within 2 weeks. Hopefully you hear back soon!

No, it doesn't mean anything solid. I just found out today that I was accepted for the Spring start date, they will be making more decisions throughout the week leading up to that 3 week acceptance/denial date. From my research, most people that were accepted heard back within 2 weeks. Hopefully you hear back soon!

Here’s to hopefully getting good news sometime this week!!

Well... that’s not very reassuring for those who are going on week 3 of waiting for an acceptance reply. Stay hopeful and determined everyone, no matter the outcome!
Every campus may be different. Mine was Austin. Yours?

I got an email to schedule an appointment with an enrollment advisor. I’m not sure what this means or if everyone receives this email.
No, an email regarding health tests, immunizations, etc. that must be completed before the start of school.

Just got my acceptance email for Spring 2019 at St. Augustine campus! Is there a Facebook group for Spring 2019? Trying to start looking at some options for housing. So excited!

Boooyyaaa! Spring 2019 here I come! Just got acceptance letter, Austin campus! Second cycle.
Congratulations! I was accepted to the Spring 2019 Austin campus as well! So excited and can't wait to meet everyone!

Just got my acceptance email for Spring 2019 at St. Augustine campus! Is there a Facebook group for Spring 2019? Trying to start looking at some options for housing. So excited!
Congrats and welcome! There isn't a specific Spring 2019 Facebook group, but you can join "USAHS Housing/Roommates - St. Augustine, FL Campus." It's a mixture of current students and future students posting about looking for roommates, housing, etc. They probably won't make our specific Spring 2019 Facebook group until they fill the entire class. Congrats again

I got an email this morning to formally finish the admissions process.

I'm guessing after you fill out the DocuSign information that is when the other information will be sent.

Hi all, first time applying but just a quick question.

For USA's residential program in San Marcos. Did you guys apply via PTCAS or through their website. I figure it's gunna cost a bit more and take time to get transcripts, hours, and rec letters uploaded to their website when its already all ready on PTCAS.

Can I just apply via PTCAS, and using this supplemental form?
usa.edu/admissions-aid/supplemental-application-for-cas-applicants/

Thanks, great help in the threads btw

Hi all, first time applying but just a quick question.

For USA's residential program in San Marcos. Did you guys apply via PTCAS or through their website. I figure it's gunna cost a bit more and take time to get transcripts, hours, and rec letters uploaded to their website when its already all ready on PTCAS.

Can I just apply via PTCAS, and using this supplemental form?
usa.edu/admissions-aid/supplemental-application-for-cas-applicants/

Thanks, great help in the threads btw
They require both PTCAS application and USA supplemental application. It is two separate steps and two separate application forms.

I got an email this morning to formally finish the admissions process.

I'm guessing after you fill out the DocuSign information that is when the other information will be sent.

When did you get accepted?? I got accepted on Monday, but haven’t received anything with a docusign yet.