University of St. Augustine Spring 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I applied really late after the deadline and received an invitation for an interview with the Miami campus on the 27th for the spring semester? Anyone else have an interview that date?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys I'm super late as well, I interviewed at St. Augustine In Austin on the 8th.

I finally got word that I was accepted 2 days ago!!!!!! For spring 2018.

I saw earlier that some people made a group from the Austin campus?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm gonna make a Facebook group for the Miami peeps when I get home how should I go about adding people

University of St Augustine-St Augustine, FL DPT Spring 2018 is the Facebook group.

did any of you all interview for the MOT in Austin today?

Hey guys, this is somewhat off topic but I am currently a Term 1 student at USA San Marcos. I really recommend you get acquainted with your class as soon as possible; the first few weeks are hectic and confusing. My class is very active in our facebook group and I really don't think I would've gotten by thus far without them. Let me know if any of you have questions.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, this is somewhat off topic but I am currently a Term 1 student at USA San Marcos. I really recommend you get acquainted with your class as soon as possible; the first few weeks are hectic and confusing. My class is very active in our facebook group and I really don't think I would've gotten by thus far without them. Let me know if any of you have questions.

Hey man thanks for the heads up, aside from hectic what all has been your experience so far?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey man thanks for the heads up, aside from hectic what all has been your experience so far?

Pretty mixed feelings haha. I'm not going to lie, it's hard work. I have to spend my weekends studying at school. We are sacrificing our next 3 years so be prepared for that! Doctorate programs are no joke. With that being said, I would say my experience thus far has been good overall. It really helps being acquainted with your classmates and getting through this together. I met some really cool peers and it helps when you talk it out with them. Although the information is really dense, it's applicable and practical to what we are doing (and hopefully it's what you want to do for the rest of your life).

Pretty mixed feelings haha. I'm not going to lie, it's hard work. I have to spend my weekends studying at school. We are sacrificing our next 3 years so be prepared for that! Doctorate programs are no joke. With that being said, I would say my experience thus far has been good overall. It really helps being acquainted with your classmates and getting through this together. I met some really cool peers and it helps when you talk it out with them. Although the information is really dense, it's applicable and practical to what we are doing (and hopefully it's what you want to do for the rest of your life).
HI thanks for taking the time to answer questions about the program. I was wondering how many of your classes is online based. Also how do you feel about it. As for looking for a place to live how did you go about that as well.

Last edited:

I hear you, thanks for that, it is definitely a commitment and like the previous person asked, how have you been enjoying the majority of your courses being online or computer based?

I hear you, thanks for that, it is definitely a commitment and like the previous person asked, how have you been enjoying the majority of your courses being online or computer based?

What is the Miami group called? I only see San Marcos and st aug campuses

I applied really late after the deadline and received an invitation for an interview with the Miami campus on the 27th for the spring semester? Anyone else have an interview that date?
i also have an interview that day

HI thanks for taking the time to answer questions about the program. I was wondering how many of your classes is online based. Also how do you feel about it. As for looking for a place to live how did you go about that as well.

There are 3 online/hybrid type courses and a total of 7 courses for the first term. There are days (very few) where you have to meet face-to-face with the professors. Every course does have exams though, so you also have to meet up for those as well. 2/3 of the online courses are mostly theory-based (research and principles of PT). However, pathophys is one of our core classes and it's fully online. The online courses aren't too bad, but I would definitely prefer having pathophys as a face-to-face class.
As for housing situation, I just looked on craigslist and am currently renting out a room in a condo.

Reactions: 1 users

I answered dj2pt so please refer to that. I did want to mention that most of our courses are not online.

There are 3 online/hybrid type courses and a total of 7 courses for the first term. There are days (very few) where you have to meet face-to-face with the professors. Every course does have exams though, so you also have to meet up for those as well. 2/3 of the online courses are mostly theory-based (research and principles of PT). However, pathophys is one of our core classes and it's fully online. The online courses aren't too bad, but I would definitely prefer having pathophys as a face-to-face class.
As for housing situation, I just looked on craigslist and am currently renting out a room in a condo.

When did they tell you all which books you needed for the program? Do you mind telling us which ones you use at least for first semester?

Thank you for responding really appreciate the response. About the health insurance if you already have will that suffice or do you need a special health insurance for student physical therapists?

Thank you for responding really appreciate the response. About the health insurance if you already have will that suffice or do you need a special health insurance for student physical therapists?

I spoke with the school about insurance. What I was told is that they require that you have emergency insurance that is nation wide whether it is a major medical plan or not.

I spoke with the school about insurance. What I was told is that they require that you have emergency insurance that is nation wide whether it is a major medical plan or not.
Ahh I see thnx for the info!

How many days are you actually on campus? Are you typically there all day, or is it part of the day?

I answered dj2pt so please refer to that. I did want to mention that most of our courses are not online.
How many days are you actually on campus? Are you typically there all day, or is it part of the day?

Hey Guys I'm super late as well, I interviewed at St. Augustine In Austin on the 8th.

I finally got word that I was accepted 2 days ago!!!!!! For spring 2018.

I saw earlier that some people made a group from the Austin campus?
Congratulations on your acceptance! I'm hoping to start in September at the Austin campus also. If you don't mind me asking, could you share what your interview was like?

Congratulations on your acceptance! I'm hoping to start in September at the Austin campus also. If you don't mind me asking, could you share what your interview was like?
Awesome, I wish you the best.

There were a lot of opportunities for Q & A at the beginning of the day. They brought people from each department and students as well to talk to the interveiwies. They pretty much answers all of your questions. They split everyone into two groups. One group interviews while the other goes on a tour and then switch.

The interview questions were about why you are interested in PT.

What do don't like about PT.

A moral type question about what would you do if you had a project that you wasted time on and didn't get started until the end of the semester. (Would you work with people to get it done or not?) 1 person project...

Telling the interviewer about who you are...

Then small talk at the end.
I interveiwed with three other guys.

According to the website admissions are still accepting applications for residential DPT Miami campus spring 2018. Has anyone applied for this in the past week or so?

According to the website admissions are still accepting applications for residential DPT Miami campus spring 2018. Has anyone applied for this in the past week or so?
lol are you thinking about moving your application to spring?

lol are you thinking about moving your application to spring?
I'm curious because they are taking a while to fill it. But when I submitted my app for summer my advisor did not mention Miami spring 18 as an option so just wanted to know if anyone has applied recently for it. I don't think it would be wise for me because I don't think I would be competitive enough if there are only a few seats left.

I'm curious because they are taking a while to fill it. But when I submitted my app for summer my advisor did not mention Miami spring 18 as an option so just wanted to know if anyone has applied recently for it. I don't think it would be wise for me because I don't think I would be competitive enough if there are only a few seats left.
same here i applied to the summer back in sept and my advisor never mention moving my app up to spring.

Awesome, I wish you the best.

There were a lot of opportunities for Q & A at the beginning of the day. They brought people from each department and students as well to talk to the interveiwies. They pretty much answers all of your questions. They split everyone into two groups. One group interviews while the other goes on a tour and then switch.

The interview questions were about why you are interested in PT.

What do don't like about PT.

A moral type question about what would you do if you had a project that you wasted time on and didn't get started until the end of the semester. (Would you work with people to get it done or not?) 1 person project...

Telling the interviewer about who you are...

Then small talk at the end.
I interveiwed with three other guys.
Great! Thank you for sharing that info.

Has anyone here applied to the Summer 2018 cohort for the Miami campus? If so, has anyone heard from them for an interview?

Has anyone here applied to the Summer 2018 cohort for the Miami campus? If so, has anyone heard from them for an interview?
Judging from what others have said there was an interview on Friday. When did you apply?

Judging from what others have said there was an interview on Friday. When did you apply?
I think the interviews were still for the spring cohort not summer yet.

Reactions: 2 users

I am on campus all day everyday regardless of having classes or not. But that's just me. I am far more productive at school than at home. But in terms of classes, I would say we have class all morning Monday-Wednesday. Mondays are from 7:30-4, Tuesdays are from 9-2:30, Wednesdays are from 7-4. There are a few gaps in between all these timeslots for lunch breaks and whatnot. Luckily for us, we have one of our hybrid classes on Thursday so we don't have to come on campus Thursday-Sunday depending if we have class or an exam scheduled.

Last edited:
When did they tell you all which books you needed for the program? Do you mind telling us which ones you use at least for first semester?
They tell you all of this information during Orientation or a little prior to that, about a month before you start. A good majority of the books will be available via PDF from upper terms, but some are not that great in terms of quality. I won't be able to list out the necessary books until after my exams are over, but if you are still interested, just send me a private message so I don't forget.

They tell you all of this information during Orientation or a little prior to that, about a month before you start. A good majority of the books will be available via PDF from upper terms, but some are not that great in terms of quality. I won't be able to list out the necessary books until after my exams are over, but if you are still interested, just send me a private message so I don't forget.
ThAnks for answering both of my questions, I greatly appreciate it.

I received a call today from the admissions office at San Marcos asking whether i would like to switch my fall 2018 flex application to spring 2018.

I was wondering if anyone who is planning to attend St Augustine this spring has any advice at all. I don’t want to rush myself, and was planning on reviewing anatomy and other relevant material before I start, but at the same time I get to start (and finish) 8 months earlier, which is significant because the flex program is 4 years.

Do you guys think 8 weeks is enough to get myself settled and prepped for PT school? I also have to complete a medical terminology course by January 11th, which I assume wouldn’t be difficult at all.

The advisor made it sound like i have a great chance of getting accepted and I’m sure I wouldn’t have been offered this opportunity otherwise. The interview dates that were offered were November 18th or December 2nd (I would opt for the 2nd).

Any advice is appreciated

I received a call today from the admissions office at San Marcos asking whether i would like to switch my fall 2018 flex application to spring 2018.

I was wondering if anyone who is planning to attend St Augustine this spring has any advice at all. I don’t want to rush myself, and was planning on reviewing anatomy and other relevant material before I start, but at the same time I get to start (and finish) 8 months earlier, which is significant because the flex program is 4 years.

Do you guys think 8 weeks is enough to get myself settled and prepped for PT school? I also have to complete a medical terminology course by January 11th, which I assume wouldn’t be difficult at all.

The advisor made it sound like i have a great chance of getting accepted and I’m sure I wouldn’t have been offered this opportunity otherwise. The interview dates that were offered were November 18th or December 2nd (I would opt for the 2nd).

Any advice is appreciated
Wow, they didn't even ask about moving you to summer, huh? I wonder what happened with spring that they're still struggling to fill seats. Well if you're flexible enough to start sooner, why not! That's great. I heard that there's only so much you can do to prepare for PT school because once you start it'll be like drinking from a fire hose anyway. I would take the opportunity if I were you. :)

Wow, they didn't even ask about moving you to summer, huh? I wonder what happened with spring that they're still struggling to fill seats. Well if you're flexible enough to start sooner, why not! That's great. I heard that there's only so much you can do to prepare for PT school because once you start it'll be like drinking from a fire hose anyway. I would take the opportunity if I were you. :)

I thought the same thing. That is probably going to be a question I’ll ask them at the interview, because im surprised that there are seats open just 2 months before the start date.

Thank you for your advice, Im definitely leaning toward taking the opportunity. I work with a PTA who is also in her 1st year of the flex program at St augustine and am going to ask her plenty of questions tomorrow

i also have an interview that day

Hey all! I interviewed at the Miami campus for Spring 2018 on October 27th, and still haven't heard back. They said up to 3 weeks, and this Friday will be the 3rd week. I am going crazy waiting for an answer!

Does anyone have an estimate of how many people have been accepted for the miami campus for spring?