University of St. Augustine Spring 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CareerSwitcheroo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting a thread for anyone applying for the Spring 2018 cohort at USA (deadline is 6/15/17)! Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'll be applying for fall 2018
good luck guys

Reactions: 2 users
Applying for January 2018. Good luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all, I applied for the st. Augustine campus for the Spring 2018 for the DPT program. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm still on the wait list for fall 2017 lol. My best advice with this school is to literally just apply and chill out and don't think about it. It is far from the normal school process.

I'm still on the wait list for fall 2017 lol. My best advice with this school is to literally just apply and chill out and don't think about it. It is far from the normal school process.
Any thoughts on how you might've ended up on the wait list?

I know someone who applied twice and did not get in the second time. His pgpa was great- he improved it from a 3.5 to 3.6 but he did not improve his Gre score which was around a 294. I think this school heavily looks at the Gre more than pgpa sometimes based on the posts I've seen.

I am reapplying to USA. I'm trying to get my score above average because my gpa is low.

I know someone who applied twice and did not get in the second time. His pgpa was great- he improved it from a 3.5 to 3.6 but he did not improve his Gre score which was around a 294. I think this school heavily looks at the Gre more than pgpa sometimes based on the posts I've seen.

I am reapplying to USA. I'm trying to get my score above average because my gpa is low.

What were your stats the first time around if you don't mind me asking? I worry myself because I'm already at a disadvantage. I know they don't focus on cGPA too much but mine will probably be the worst they ever see (seriously, lol) and even if my other stats are good I feel like it'll weigh me down regardless.

He didn't even get an interview?
Any thoughts on how you might've ended up on the wait list?
Literally no clue. I thought I killed the interview.

Hey guys, I applied to St. Augustine's Austin, TX DPT program. Good luck and fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied for Spring 2018 OTD at San Marcos campus. Happy waiting, and Good luck to everyone!

Hey, just curious as to if anyone got interview invitations for the Jan 2018 cohort yet.

For those currently applying to St Augustine. Now that they're on PTCAS do we submit both via ptcas and from their website?

For those currently applying to St Augustine. Now that they're on PTCAS do we submit both via ptcas and from their website?
They're in ptcas for their summer and spring terms? I'm almost100% sure ptcas is only fall because USA is the only school I know of that has summer and spring terms.

We have to apply using their website for the fall. Ptcas opens next cycle. I'm not sure about the spring and summer cohorts

They're in ptcas for their summer and spring terms? I'm almost100% sure ptcas is only fall because USA is the only school I know of that has summer and spring terms.

Sorry, was referring to the fall 2018 term
Apparently you are able to apply through them through ptcas but they still have their applications on their own site

I'm applying for Summer 2018 and I'm still using USA's application site. I've been communicating with my advisor and haven't been told otherwise. I actually found out about them using PTCAS from you guys.

Anyone have any idea of when interview invitations might be sent out for spring 2018?

Anyone have any idea of when interview invitations might be sent out for spring 2018?

I emailed Juan and he said interview invitations and rejections will be going out on or after August 15

Applied for Spring term 2018 ~ Miami campus!

I applied for Spring 2018 in San Marcos and still have not heard anything back. Has anyone else?

I applied for Spring 2018 in San Marcos and still have not heard anything back. Has anyone else?

I applied to the Miami campus so im not sure if theres a time difference between the 2 but I have not heard back yet either. Im getting a ton of anxiety about it lol

Just curious but looking back at other threads, by now there is usually a ton of people commenting on these threads but theres already more commenting on the Summer 2018 one than this one. I just thought it was a little weird lol

Just curious but looking back at other threads, by now there is usually a ton of people commenting on these threads but theres already more commenting on the Summer 2018 one than this one. I just thought it was a little weird lol
It's probably because they pushed up the application dates. Summer is due Aug. 15th now

So youre saying that more people are most likely going to be applying for summer vs spring?
Ah sorry, usually that's not the case - I guess you were more referring to the difference in volume of applicants' activity on here?

Ah sorry, usually that's not the case - I guess you were more referring to the difference in volume of applicants' activity on here?

Yeah ive never read a thread where there was so little activity recently....spring 2017 had like almost 800 replies lol

I emailed the advisor at the Austin campus for DPT program starting in January. She said the admissions team has not picked interview dates and that's why we haven't gotten emails yet.

I emailed the advisor at the Austin campus for DPT program starting in January. She said the admissions team has not picked interview dates and that's why we haven't gotten emails yet.

Im hoping this means we should hear something soonish?

Random q. Does anyone know who their admissions team is typically comprised of?

Do we know why they changed the application deadline for Spring 2018? Not enough applicants?

Does the Austin campus have more than 1 round of interviews?

Hello-
So I am open to attending any of the 4 campuses equally and I am having trouble deciding which campus I should choose as my primary. I applied to san marcos last year. After reading a bunch of USA posts, I feel that the order of competitiveness is this: St. Augustine, San marcos, austin, miami.
I know this is a repeated question however I wanted to get some new insight. This is my last time applying to USA so I just want to make the best decision possible. What have you heard regarding the most/least competitive campus(s) for Full time DPT?

I asked my advisor from San Marcos, however she just said that all the campuses are equally competitive because they have the same requirements (obviously) and she said it just depends on the application pool for the term. However that doesnt really answer my question and I dont think advisors are allowed to give details about that. Have you heard otherwise from your advisor? Thank you.

Does the Austin campus have more than 1 round of interviews?
each campus usually has at least 2 interview dates. . They don't have a set number of interviews for each term, they interview until they fill spots.. or at so i believe

Does anyone know when they will send out interview invitations for the Austin campus?

Does anyone know when they will send out interview invitations for the Austin campus?

I emailed Kim today, the admissions coordinator for Austin. She said they haven't chosen dates for the interview. That's all she said... bummer

Pretty late reply, but I emailed the advisor for the San Marcos campus when I was trying to get my application in. This was her reply - hope it helps!
"Please continue your application on our portal. Our residential program is not part of PTCAS. It clearly indicates that the our institution will only be accepting PTCAS applications for the Flex program."

Pretty late reply, but I emailed the advisor for the San Marcos campus when I was trying to get my application in. This was her reply - hope it helps!
"Please continue your application on our portal. Our residential program is not part of PTCAS. It clearly indicates that the our institution will only be accepting PTCAS applications for the Flex program."

Ya I ended up catching that later!

I emailed Juan and he said interview invitations and rejections will be going out on or after August 15
Was this for the San Marcos campus or a different one??

Any news on interview dates? I applied for Austin campus.

Any news on interview dates? I applied for Austin campus.

I just emailed Kim and immediately got an automated message stating that she has been away from the office and is currently trying to catch up on her correspondences. Hopefully I'll hear something soon about Austin, and if anything develops I'll make sure to follow up promptly on here.

Somebody cue the Jeopardy music.

Just got an invite for an interview at the Austin Campus on September 8th!

Reactions: 4 users