University of St. Augustine Spring 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What should application status be to indicate you might get an interview?
It will say "You have been invited for an interview by the admissions committee" but you should get an email before that.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Before I call and ask myself, does anybody already know how many applicants there are for this cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody heard back yet from USA regarding PT or OT Interviews?

Not me. Last I checked the portal said "transcript evaluation"

I haven't either. Hopefully this week

Me too...So does that mean our next bump up is "Your application is under review by committee"? Or interviews?

Did anybody find out about the number of applications in our spring 2015 cycle? Last year it seems people got their interviews on July 11th, so I'm hoping we start finding out some time in the next week!

Hello Guys, I have applied for Spring 2015 to USA florida campus. I am super nervous

Did anybody find out about the number of applications in our spring 2015 cycle? Last year it seems people got their interviews on July 11th, so I'm hoping we start finding out some time in the next week!
I have no idea how many applications they got. :(

My name is Tariq, im applying to Florida Campus. I am also very very nervous my stats aren't great and my page said transcript under review, so i know its getting close. Does anybody know what people are averaging who get in? or how big class sizes are? anything lol just looking for a bit more information

My name is Tariq, im applying to Florida Campus. I am also very very nervous my stats aren't great and my page said transcript under review, so i know its getting close. Does anybody know what people are averaging who get in? or how big class sizes are? anything lol just looking for a bit more information
Hey, I think we all are on same boat. In terms of stats , i think USA looks at ur overall application, which is the best thing about this school. Hopefully we all will get interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)

One of great things about USA is that they offer admission based on the person, not just stats. I know of at least one acceptance with an undergrad GPA as low as 2.88. This, of course, is not the norm, and this person was waitlisted before being offered admission. I've heard they accept around 50 applicants per cycle. A friend of mine graduated in April, and 60-something DPTs graduated (this includes the flex program). My GPA is on the lower end, but I am confident about my essays and references. The January term is not as competitive as the fall, so I feel this also gives us underdogs a greater chance. I think we are all pretty anxious. Hang in there. The light at the end of the tunnel is nearing.

Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully the number of views this thread has is not reflective of the number of applicants for the spring term, lol.

I just retook the GRE yesterday and got a 294, I self-reported my score this morning. I know it's the bare minimum of what they recommend and it's pretty late notice, but I hope it's enough to secure an interview! Anyone have any idea about previous acceptances that had lower GRE scores?

Interviews will be held on Friday, August 1st. If you are invited, you have a good chance since they accept about 50/80-90 people they interview. The NPTE pass rate and the graduation rate are both high here.

Interviews will be held on Friday, August 1st. If you are invited, you have a good chance since they accept about 50/80-90 people they interview. The NPTE pass rate and the graduation rate are both high here.
Is this date for the Austin DPT program??

As per the e-mail reply, I received from one of the Admissions Coordinator, they are still processing applications and will be notifying applicants by late July. I am not sure how they are holding Interviews on Aug 1. I am assuming it is different for different campuses. Denied applicants will be e-mailed. Others will be called and also be sent an Interview Invite e-mail.

Interviews usually take place on the same day at all three campuses but I'm not 100% certain. Interviews at the Florida campus for the spring 2015 class will be on August 1st. That's all I know. Flex students have a different date.

Hopefully they are over exaggerating the end of July part, because if interviews are August 1st many people will need time to secure flights and such. So nervous!

Reactions: 1 user
I applied for the Flex program and they told me in the middle of July we would hear back. A year ago this time, everyone received invitation letters on July 11th, which is today around 5 or 6 pm. Hopefully this will be the case today. I am already having a good day to hear Lebron James is going back to Cleveland. Seeing an invite for an interview would make it better (fingers crossed).

If anybody gets any Interview Invite for any program you applied, kindly post immediately. Thanks

Reactions: 4 users
Welp, guess were not hearing from them today. I'm surprised because I know they want to give sufficient notice to the students. We'll just have to play it by ear and hope for early next week.

Hoping everybody the best of luck my friends! you guys look like an awesome group, id love to go to school with a good group of people!
Just like everybody else im hoping for the best and if any information is received ill keep you guys updated!

.....just posting here so I can get a notification when ppl get interviews. My goal is to go a year after you all matriculate. just lookin for notification dates.

btw. I visited two weeks ago. theres a place two minutes from campus that's super affordable with roommates if you all want to conserve on gas expenses. good luck everybody.

Hi All

I had called the Florida Admissions yesterday and the lady on the other end told me by next Thursday which is 17th July, everybody must hear back about the result of their application ( Flex/Dpt/OT). Interviews will be held in August 1st/2nd week. They do give us choice of dates also I think. All the best to everybody for all the programs they have applied to.

On a side note how many of you are OT applicants in this forum? I see a lot of DPT aspirants.

Thanks

Reactions: 5 users
Hi All

I had called the Florida Admissions yesterday and the lady on the other end told me by next Thursday which is 17th July, everybody must hear back about the result of their application ( Flex/Dpt/OT). Interviews will be held in August 1st/2nd week. They do give us choice of dates also I think. All the best to everybody for all the programs they have applied to.

On a side note how many of you are OT applicants in this forum? I see a lot of DPT aspirants.

Thanks
Thank you so much for sharing with us... All the Best :)

Hi All

Thanks

Thank you so much!

Hi you guys!
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone!!! Also, when you all start putting in here that you received an invite to interview can you be sure to put what campus please? I'm thinking that it is going to be different for some of them!

Hi you guys!
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone!!! Also, when you all start putting in here that you received an invite to interview can you be sure to put what campus please? I'm thinking that it is going to be different for some of them!

Sure thing. I hope we all get an interview! Good luck!

Good Luck to all my wonderful friends, I would love to be part of wonderful people in the future. Lets Hang in there and hope for good.

Has anyone heard anything from school yet ?

I am super scared too. I think we ll hear something by friday

Yes and we hear with positive results!

I've had my application in for Spring 2015 since January. With the anticipation of hearing from them and preparing for my GRE retake this Saturday my stress level is up there. This is the last school I'm waiting to hear on after applying and not getting in to 22 programs (got waitlisted by 3 programs) for the 2013-14 application cycle and I'm really, really not looking forward to going through the whole reapplying process again.
I'm hoping we all get that interview invite as I've been following this thread for awhile and seems to be a good group of people here.

I've had my application in for Spring 2015 since January. With the anticipation of hearing from them and preparing for my GRE retake this Saturday my stress level is up there. This is the last school I'm waiting to hear on after applying and not getting in to 22 programs (got waitlisted by 3 programs) for the 2013-14 application cycle and I'm really, really not looking forward to going through the whole reapplying process again.
I'm hoping we all get that interview invite as I've been following this thread for awhile and seems to be a good group of people here.

What were your stats?

I'm a non-traditional student. Had a bachelors of music technology from NYU back in 2002 with a low gpa. Came back to school after leaving my career producing video games and started over. My overall GPA is just at a 3.0 after finishing summer classes but my prereq gpa is a 3.5-3.6, last 45 is around a 3.4-3.5, with a 300 GRE 4.0 writing.

I'm probably in the elder statesman demographic for people applying ;)

I'm a non-traditional student. Had a bachelors of music technology from NYU back in 2002 with a low gpa. Came back to school after leaving my career producing video games and started over. My overall GPA is just at a 3.0 after finishing summer classes but my prereq gpa is a 3.5-3.6, last 45 is around a 3.4-3.5, with a 300 GRE 4.0 writing.

Your stats are ok, they aren't bad at all. My gpas are high, but my gre is low. So it will be interesting to see what happens this week hopefully. I hope we all get an interview!

Last edited:
I'm curious to see the amount of applications that got recycled from the last application pools for USA. I've heard that they do that so that can factor into the amount of interviews and spots open for each campus.

Has anyone spoke to a former applicant in which this was the case?

I'm assuming it's the way the video game industry works right? Massive layoffs post projects and milestones. My cousin has been to 3 studios in the past 5 years. It's terrible. Sorry, totally unrelated to this thread's topic.

I'm assuming it's the way the video game industry works right? Massive layoffs post projects and milestones. My cousin has been to 3 studios in the past 5 years. It's terrible. Sorry, totally unrelated to this thread's topic.
Yeah exactly. Its a young industry in the sense that if you dont want to settle down yet. But as I got older I wanted more in life as projects and the BS that came with never changed. There was a whole process of thought that lead me to physical therapy that I could write a whole book about but will spare everyone the boredom ;), but basically coming from a medical family and seeing first hand how family pressure can destroy a person, I did the opposite my whole life to prove a point and having accomplished what I wanted to do in life so early in life, a stable worthwhile career where I can wake up and look in the mirror and be proud doing every day is what I wanted most in life.

Yeah exactly. Its a young industry in the sense that if you dont want to settle down yet. But as I got older I wanted more in life as projects and the BS that came with never changed. There was a whole process of thought that lead me to physical therapy that I could write a whole book about but will spare everyone the boredom ;), but basically coming from a medical family and seeing first hand how family pressure can destroy a person, I did the opposite my whole life to prove a point and having accomplished what I wanted to do in life so early in life, a stable worthwhile career where I can wake up and look in the mirror and be proud doing every day is what I wanted most in life.
Good Stuff!!! As background goes you are not alone. Like yourself, I am making a career change coming from a different industry with a unique story that brought me to this field. Sending encouragement and good energy( I hope you'll do the same:))

Good Stuff!!! As background goes you are not alone. Like yourself, I am making a career change coming from a different industry with a unique story that brought me to this field. Sending encouragement and good energy( I hope you'll do the same:))
Oh but of course! As a fellow career changer we know it's not an easy thing to go through. But we've come this far! Good energy is needed by all applying and those working their way to apply.

I'm dying over here waiting to find out!! I can't be the only one that checks 10 times a day, right?

Your not alone. I think I will have high blood pressure problems after this processes is over...