University of St. Augustine Spring 2014 Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got a voicemail for my acceptance while i was at work this morning! (san marcos)

congrats to all of you who were accepted too :)

facebook group time?

Members don't see this ad.

got a voicemail for my acceptance while i was at work this morning! (san marcos)

congrats to all of you who were accepted too :)

facebook group time?

Yes FB group time! I'm excited to meet our cohort!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on all acceptances! (And best of luck to those wait-listed)...received my acceptance late last night via email for the St. Augustine campus. Very excited. If anyone creates/stumbles upon a Facebook group for our particular cohort, please post a link or heads-up here. We all are in a similar situation as far as preparing to enroll at St. Augustine, move to Florida, and a bunch of other necessities prior to matriculation in early January, so I'm sure most of us would find a Facebook group quite useful.

Also, special thanks to Kevin ("NewTestament" on here) for all the information he provided during the process. I'm sure I speak for many in saying it was MUCH appreciated. I swear he must've answered certain questions twenty times on various threads yet still had the patience to respond again and again. Good dude.

Dan

I got a call yesterday saying I was admitted to the Florida campus. Soooo excited and cant wait to meet my future classmates!!! :soexcited:

Congrats to all of those who were accepted. I was placed on the wait list for the Florida campus. Not what I was hoping for, but at least it was not a denial. I hope to be one of the lucky few to be offered acceptance later on!

Congrats to all of those who were accepted. I was placed on the wait list for the Florida campus. Not what I was hoping for, but at least it was not a denial. I hope to be one of the lucky few to be offered acceptance later on!
I think you should be optimistic based on the way in which they made such a big deal about "the wait list is a good place to be" during their overview of the program. They went out of their way to get that across to us. To me, that implied that ending up on the wait list meant they really liked you and still intended to accept you into the program. My take, anyway.

To anyone that applied to the Austin campus as first choice: have you heard anything yet about an interview?

I think you should be optimistic based on the way in which they made such a big deal about "the wait list is a good place to be" during their overview of the program. They went out of their way to get that across to us. To me, that implied that ending up on the wait list meant they really liked you and still intended to accept you into the program. My take, anyway.
I absolutely agree! I'm remaining positive about it. Like they said "the wait list is the second best place to be" haha. but for now, I just have to wait to hear back in late September.

I hope to join you all on the Florida campus in January!

I was also placed on the waitlist for the FL campus. Kind of disappointed but the email and the actual interview process made it seem like there is hope! Congrats to all accepted!

I was also wait listed for San Marcos. Any one have an idea as to how many people were waitlisted post interview and how many rejected? If any one has info on the post interview wait list process that would be appreciated as well. The email said that they anticipate most of us will get in but we are not ranked.

Also, special thanks to Kevin ("NewTestament" on here) for all the information he provided during the process. I'm sure I speak for many in saying it was MUCH appreciated. I swear he must've answered certain questions twenty times on various threads yet still had the patience to respond again and again. Good dude.

Dan

Believe me, if I didn't like answering questions more than once I wouldn't be writing on this forum. I can assure you what I tell people on this forum is based on my own experience as an applicant, student, and ambassador for USA.

If you're on the wait list, then don't despair, but be patient. It is not a guarantee you will be accepted at some point, but it's much better than a denial. Some of my classmates were originally placed on the wait list. Remember, you will also be considered for the May 2014 class. The January cohort is the least competitive because most students are still in school at that time of the year and can't start school until May or September. Good luck.

Kevin

For everyone on the waitlist, I was just on the waitlist for the fall and got admitted for January so there is definitely still hope for you guys. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
A few things:

First and most important, Congratulations to all who where accepted into the program. To all wait listed I would take to heart what Kevin says. Which brings me to my next point... Kevin thank you very much for all of the incredible and valuable information you have provided for all of us to use on our way to getting here. It really was a huge help to have this!!

Also, has anyone started a San Marcos class Facebook page yet? Best of luck to everyone, can't wait till January!!

For everyone on the waitlist, I was just on the waitlist for the fall and got admitted for January so there is definitely still hope for you guys. Good luck!
Whenever you got waitlisted for fall did you have to reinterview or anything to get in for this January? Just wondering what the process was just in case I dont get in for January and have to wait for May 2014. Thanks for any info. Also- congrats on getting in for Spring semester!

A few things:

First and most important, Congratulations to all who where accepted into the program. To all wait listed I would take to heart what Kevin says. Which brings me to my next point... Kevin thank you very much for all of the incredible and valuable information you have provided for all of us to use on our way to getting here. It really was a huge help to have this!!

Also, has anyone started a San Marcos class Facebook page yet? Best of luck to everyone, can't wait till January!!

I looked up to see if anybody started a Facebook group yet and didn't find anything. I will make one and post the link here for the San Marcos Campus

I went ahead and made a Facebook page. There isn't too much to it, I named it University of St. Augustine San Marcos DPT January 2014. Here is the link
https://www.facebook.com/groups/209528882504279/

right on! thanks!

to those on the waitlist, the students admitted are given 30 days to respond / "secure [their] place" (take note if you haven't done so already!), so i'd imagine the earliest you'd find out if you've been moved from waitlist to admitted is in about a month's time.

Whenever you got waitlisted for fall did you have to reinterview or anything to get in for this January? Just wondering what the process was just in case I dont get in for January and have to wait for May 2014. Thanks for any info. Also- congrats on getting in for Spring semester!

I did not have to interview, but I have heard they have made other candidates come back to reinterview. I got an update every month for the waitlist (practically just saying to wait until the next month to see if a spot opens up) and in July when they realized there were no spots available they told me I would be reconsidered for January. Thanks.

Got the call last week that I am in for the FL campus. I see there's a FB group for San Marcos but is there one for the FL group yet?

My advice for people wait listed and rejected:
I have spent the last 2 years trying to get into school and it has finally paid off. The first time applying I was rejected and didn't get an interview. I didn't receive word of this until right before the deadline for applying for the next class, so st. Aug just rolled over my application to the next class. Once again, I was rejected without an interview. I had 3.7 overall gpa and 3.4 math and science in athletic training. My GRE was low, so I decided to retake it during the fall. (For those who don't know about the life of a high school athletic trainer, this is the busiest time of the year..along with my duties working in the outpatient clinic.) I studied and raised my score to 1000 (can't remember what the new score is on new test.) I applied for the next class at st. Aug and 7 other schools. I was rejected at the 7 others but finally received an interview at st. Aug. I went on the interview (around thanksgiving last year) and was put on the wait list. There was not a spot available in summer 2013 class so I got rolled over to the application period for fall 2013 starting class since I was on the wait list. When the decisions came out for the fall 2013 class, I found out that I was once again rejected and if I was going to reapply I had to resubmit all the paperwork and fee. I found this out around march 2013 I believe. I knew I needed to strengthen my application more, so I got some observation hours in the home health setting. Also, there was room for me to improve in a couple of pre-req classes. I would not have been able to retake two classes due to availability, where I was currently living. So, I decided to quit my job and relocated to Houston where my fiancé (now wife)was living. I retook A&P I and II in an 8 week period (May-July 2013.) I then reapplied for the January 2014 class, got an interview and was accepted.

My point is, if you are wait listed or rejected, there is still hope. I was rejected, wait listed, then rejected again. If this is something you really want to do, make the sacrifices and go get it. Be persistent in the face of failure and don't back down.

Yay!!! I just heard from the Austin campus. I was invited to an interview on Friday, September 13th for the January 2014 class. Good luck to everyone else invited.

Got the call last week that I am in for the FL campus. I see there's a FB group for San Marcos but is there one for the FL group yet?

My advice for people wait listed and rejected:
I have spent the last 2 years trying to get into school and it has finally paid off. The first time applying I was rejected and didn't get an interview. I didn't receive word of this until right before the deadline for applying for the next class, so st. Aug just rolled over my application to the next class. Once again, I was rejected without an interview. I had 3.7 overall gpa and 3.4 math and science in athletic training. My GRE was low, so I decided to retake it during the fall. (For those who don't know about the life of a high school athletic trainer, this is the busiest time of the year..along with my duties working in the outpatient clinic.) I studied and raised my score to 1000 (can't remember what the new score is on new test.) I applied for the next class at st. Aug and 7 other schools. I was rejected at the 7 others but finally received an interview at st. Aug. I went on the interview (around thanksgiving last year) and was put on the wait list. There was not a spot available in summer 2013 class so I got rolled over to the application period for fall 2013 starting class since I was on the wait list. When the decisions came out for the fall 2013 class, I found out that I was once again rejected and if I was going to reapply I had to resubmit all the paperwork and fee. I found this out around march 2013 I believe. I knew I needed to strengthen my application more, so I got some observation hours in the home health setting. Also, there was room for me to improve in a couple of pre-req classes. I would not have been able to retake two classes due to availability, where I was currently living. So, I decided to quit my job and relocated to Houston where my fiancé (now wife)was living. I retook A&P I and II in an 8 week period (May-July 2013.) I then reapplied for the January 2014 class, got an interview and was accepted.

My point is, if you are wait listed or rejected, there is still hope. I was rejected, wait listed, then rejected again. If this is something you really want to do, make the sacrifices and go get it. Be persistent in the face of failure and don't back down.
I'm impressed that you stuck with it through all of that, had to be a hellish few years. Paid off for you, congrats. I got into the St. Augustine campus, as well. I've yet to come across any sort of class page, but I hope one comes to fruition because it'd be informative at the very least.

Congrats on your admission....very inspiring story. Just curious, where did you take A&P I and II in 8 weeks?

Thanks for the encouragement for us wait listers, really appreciate it.

Congrats on your admission....very inspiring story. Just curious, where did you take A&P I and II in 8 weeks?

A community college in Houston. The first class was a 3 week hybrid (online and classroom) and the second was 5 weeks in the classroom.

I think you have the green light, man. Go for it and post a link here. Thanks in advance.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/162598660596119/

I went ahead and created one to get the ball rolling and meet some new classmates. Excited to start this chapter of life together. If you know anyone who got accepted forward this link to them. This is for the florida campus.

Last edited:
I guess we both had the same idea. Let me know if you want me to delete mine or vice versa.

Last edited:
anyone from the wait list heard anything back yet? :/ this extended waiting period is brutal!

I just sent my application in for the Fall 2014 class! Does anyone have an idea when interviews will be for that class?

I just sent my application in for the Fall 2014 class! Does anyone have an idea when interviews will be for that class?

I believe interviews are in February or March for the Fall, based on past threads.

I still haven't heard anything :( they said mid-late September so I imagine we still have a few more weeks to go...

I still haven't heard anything :( they said mid-late September so I imagine we still have a few more weeks to go...
I know.. Wishful thinking. I figured their acceptance fee deadline must be soon so we shouldn't have to wait much longer. I guess we will see :(

liquidnite-

Congrats on the acceptance, do you mind sharing your stats? I plan on applying to the san marcos campus in the spring :)

Is anyone else going to the Austin interview this coming Friday?

If I am planning to apply for Fall term at San Marcos campus, is the deadline this December 15? If I were to get accepted I would be starting school in September next year right (2014-15 academic year)? So, basically a year until you start school again? And everyone that is accepted for Spring term is starting the PT program this January? Just want to make sure I get the information right.

Congrats to everyone who got into USA btw!

I know.. Wishful thinking. I figured their acceptance fee deadline must be soon so we shouldn't have to wait much longer. I guess we will see :(

i believe the deadline was today. hopefully you wait-listers will hear back soon... hang in there!

the spring admits for san marcos fb group have only 15 people now... kinduva bummer, so maybe some of y'all can join up if you get in!

liquidnite-

Congrats on the acceptance, do you mind sharing your stats? I plan on applying to the san marcos campus in the spring :)

my situation is a little bit unique, so i'm not sure i could compile my stats appropriately or adequately for you to compare, but here you go:
GRE: math 162, verbal 158, writing 5.0
B.S. Chemical Engineering from Cal --- GPA = 2.3
took a bunch of courses (exploration & then directed pre-reqs) at various community colleges and essentially earned all As --- this was more or less over the past couple of years since i graduated from under May 2011
i started work exp in adapted pe setting then got connected to a couple of outpt PT clinics, one of which stuck to become a PT aide position. i also have inpt exp & athletic training exp. at the time of application, i believe i'd accumulated about 300 or so hours in PT settings & if you include adapted PE & AT, it'd be about 600 hrs.

hope that helps

If I am planning to apply for Fall term at San Marcos campus, is the deadline this December 15? If I were to get accepted I would be starting school in September next year right (2014-15 academic year)? So, basically a year until you start school again? And everyone that is accepted for Spring term is starting the PT program this January? Just want to make sure I get the information right.

Congrats to everyone who got into USA btw!

i believe the fall term started at the end of august actually, but sounds about right to me. if you're ready to send in your apps already, then maybe consider applying for summer! this is from their website (regarding deadlines):

January class – applications are due by June 15
May class – applications are due by October 1
September class – applications are due by December 15
(http://www.usa.edu/p7-403-How-to-Apply.aspx)

they also have an academic calendar if you'd like to get a better idea of term dates/duration
(http://www.usa.edu/p7-230-Academic-Calendar.aspx)

good luck!

thanks for the reply liquidnite! I'll check it out

By the way, I was looking at USA's pre-reqs and under biology it states, "must be human-based Biology" That just means no animals/plants/micro? Would genetics count?

Last edited:
I took Micro and they said it counted, no problem. So I would definitely ask and find out.

Everyone check email- I just got accepted off the waiting list!!!! :)

According to my.usa, I was accepted for the Florida campus!!!! :D

I haven't received any official e-mail or anything yet though...

The official e-mail is usually sent one week after your acceptance.