University of St. Augustine Spring 2014 Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rebecca946

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To those who have applied or are applying:

Do you think it will be easier to get into the program for the Spring semester rather than Summer or Fall?

Members don't see this ad.

Ya, I'm assuming you might get a slight edge when applying for the Spring semester but it could be different every year. What I've always wondered was which campus receives the least amount of applications as the first choice between the three.

Members don't see this ad :)
Id assume austin since its the newest it will get the least til its more well know then prob san marcos since its more expensive. But thats all just guess work lol

Another thing i have been wondering is i always heard they look at the last 45 credit hours and i remember seeing it on there site at one point too and now its not there anymore so i was wondering if that still holds true?
I recently spoke with an advisor at the University of St. Augustine and she did mention that they look at the GPA for your last 45 credits as well as your prerequisite GPA.

I am about to send in my application for spring term too. I called them yesterday and here's what they told me. They look at 2 GPA's, pre req and last 45. The 3rd major component to determine who gets invited for an interview is the GRE. They guy said to be competitive for this term you should be around a 3.4 gpa with a gre score of about 297. Also since I am currently a paid employee at a pt clinic, I asked if i should wait another month for accumulate more hours, and he said that there is no "extra credit" for going over their required 80 hours, and to send in the application asap (but obviously more hours will help your in the interview). I hope this helps!

I am about to send in my application for spring term too. I called them yesterday and here's what they told me. They look at 2 GPA's, pre req and last 45. The 3rd major component to determine who gets invited for an interview is the GRE. They guy said to be competitive for this term you should be around a 3.4 gpa with a gre score of about 297. Also since I am currently a paid employee at a pt clinic, I asked if i should wait another month for accumulate more hours, and he said that there is no "extra credit" for going over their required 80 hours, and to send in the application asap (but obviously more hours will help your in the interview). I hope this helps!
Thank you so much for posting this! This is extremely helpful! This makes me feel a little more confident about my application..

The only thing I'm iffy on is those required essays! Anyone have any advice on what to include or not include in the autobiography and statement of purpose essays?

When you called did they mention anything about how much weight they put on LoR's or the essays?

Last edited:
Thank you so much for posting this! This is extremely helpful! This makes me feel a little more confident about my application..

The only thing I'm iffy on is those required essays! Anyone have any advice on what to include or not include in the autobiography and statement of purpose essays?

When you called did they mention anything about how much weight they put on LoR's or the essays?

I didn't ask about LoR's, but I'm sure most applicants will have high scores. If you look deep into the application forms, it mentions what should be added in the essays. The statement of purpose should include why you chose PT, and why you want to go to their school. The autobiography should include educational, professional, and personal pursuits that can't be described on your transcripts.

As for what campus to apply for, he told me just pick you favorite campus and if you are more competitive for another, they would offer you an interview for that particular campus (I believe he said the texas campus is the least competitive since it is new, followed by the cali campus since it was the most expensive. Leaving the florida campus as the most competitive).

thanks for posting this! It was definitely helpful. I just applied last week for spring 2014. Good luck to everyone!

Quick question regarding USA:

How come most posts I see on here people have applied or plan on applying there? I see "USA" everywhere on here.

USA accepts 50 new students every trimester for each of their 3 campus locations, and your application is "recycled" if you weren't accepted during their previous cycle. I originally planned to apply for their Spring start, but decided to go elsewhere.

does anyone know if USA includes the social sciences courses when calculating your prereq GPA? I know these courses are considered prerequisites, but I didn't know if USA calculates a strictly science GPA or an overall prereq GPA... Thanks!

As far as I know, they do include your social science courses in the prereq GPA. They calculate a Prereq GPA and a GPA for your last 45 credits. I haven't heard anything about a science GPA or overall GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for posting this! It was definitely helpful. I just applied last week for spring 2014. Good luck to everyone!

I recently applied for Spring 2014 as well! I was told we should hear something within 4-6 weeks after the deadline ends. Good Luck!

oh wow that's so soon! definitely good to know though. i have between a 3.4-3.5 in both prereq and last 45 credits and 1070 on the gre (old version) so I'm hoping I at least get an interview. I'm reallyyyy hoping this works out so I don't have to spend the money to apply anywhere else for fall 2014!

I also recently sent in my application :) Good luck to all of us! Those 4-6 weeks of waiting are going to be brutal haha

do you guys know if we receive any type of online log in that lets us see what documents they have received/still need from us? I thought I saw someone mention that on another thread. Thanks!

Yes, you should get a login and password that gives you access to your application status and what items have been received or missing. I got mine via email about a week after submitting my application.

Last edited:
Finally got the log in information! And I've officially begun to freak out lol.

Good luck guys! I recently sent my app in too! So nervous, fingers crossed! :thumbup:

I am getting pretty nervous also. What locations did you all apply for? And what are your stats?

-applied to San Marcos campus

B.S. Exercise & Wellness
3.2 GPA
3.87 prerequisite GPA

500+ hours PT hours
GRE: 146 V, 148 Q, 4.0 Writing

I applied to Florida as my first choice.
B.A. in Psychology, minor in Public Health
3.4 Prereq GPA
3.44 last 45 credits

80 hours
GRE: 1070, 5.0 Writing

Good luck! :)

I applied to the Florida campus. I have my bachelor's in Health Sciences from the University of Central Florida.

3.44 prereq
3.5 last 45 credits

~200 volunteer hours
~600 + working as a Rehab Tech.

GRE 152 Q, 149 V, 4.0 writing

Good luck!!

I'm so happy I found this thread!
I turned in my application relatively last minute because I couldn't take my GRE exam until after finals. I'm very nervous as well, especially because I'm pretty set on going to the San Marcos Campus. I'm not interested in other schools at this time but will apply anyway to other programs for the Fall.

GPA: 3.52
Prereq: 3.8 or 3.9
GRE: 158 V, 157 Q, 4.5 writing
3000+ hours as a physical therapy aide.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
I applied to the Austin campus.

Last edited:
How long did it take for you all to receive log-in information? I turned in my application pretty recently. It should have arrived on the 12th, but I'm assuming it would take at least a week before you receive an email?

How long did it take for you all to receive log-in information? I turned in my application pretty recently. It should have arrived on the 12th, but I'm assuming it would take at least a week before you receive an email?

I took my application to the post office on Saturday afternoon, June 8th. I sent it 3 to 5 days. I received an email from St. Augustine with the log-in information on Thursday, June 13th. It was sent from Virginia to Florida.

Last edited:
I mailed my application June 8th and received my login information by email June 12th. :))

Give your stats and campus and let us all new when you hear something

They received my application on the 12th and I had an email by Friday the 14th

Says it is under review now for application status

They received my application on the 13th and sent an E-mail on the 17th. I still have two missing items, including my official GRE score and a prereq, which I'm completing this Fall. GRE reported my scores on the 19th, so I'm assuming they will update that within the next week or two.

I finally got my log-in info! Does anyone know if there's a section on the website that states your calculated GPA for your last 45 units & pre-reqs?

My status says that my application is still under review by the admissions committee. I'm super nervous! Good luck to everyone.

Let us know when one of you get an invite. Good luck!

For those who have received their login information, I made my campus choices as 1) San Diego 2) St augustine 3) Austin. However it is only showing SD and SA as my first and second choices. Are they not considering your third choice? Or have any if you experienced something different?

For those who have received their login information, I made my campus choices as 1) San Diego 2) St augustine 3) Austin. However it is only showing SD and SA as my first and second choices. Are they not considering your third choice? Or have any if you experienced something different?

When applying to USA did you have to send your application to each individual school to be considered for that particular campus ?

When applying to USA did you have to send your application to each individual school to be considered for that particular campus ?

No, on the USA application, you will indicate your first, second and third choices. all applications currently should be sent to the FL campus.

Anybody hear anything yet? I was told we would hear something by first or second week of July. Anybody know when they are doing the interviews for the San Marcos campus?

Anybody hear anything yet? I was told we would hear something by first or second week of July. Anybody know when they are doing the interviews for the San Marcos campus?

Steve Jones emailed me saying they would be processing applications until July 3rd. I expect it will take another couple weeks to evaluate all candidate applications before they begin sending out interview offers.

Last year, they held interviews on August 3rd according to a previous thread. I imagine the timeline may be similar.

Also from previous threads I saw last year people began receiving emails for an interview July 15th. We probably have at least another week of waiting I imagine.

When I visited their San Marcos campus, they said they would notify applicants about interviews around the first or second week of July. Interviews will be held on August 2nd.

When I visited their San Marcos campus, they said they would notify applicants about interviews around the first or second week of July. Interviews will be held on August 2nd.

How was that campus? San Marcos

How was that campus? San Marcos

It's really small. Only 3 buildings. That's because San Marcos only has OT and PT programs. I like it though because everything is easily accessible to students.

I just got the call earlier today. I'll be there for the August 2nd crowd in San Marcos.

Dang, now I am all nervous since I haven't heard anything back yet. Congrats! I really hope I hear something back sooner than later

I applied to the Austin campus and have not heard anything yet. My status on the website still says application under review.

Same here. :scared:

Anyone heard anything from the Florida campus yet?

I haven't heard anything yet either. Starting to freak out!