University of Southern California Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i haven't either.

suppl - 8/30

but pharmcas mailed 10/6

transcripts sent like 9/1...re-sent transcripts yesterday =/

Members don't see this ad.

just wondering, anybody got inverview invitations yet? and if you did, when did you submit your apps?
I submitted mine early September so I guess if I get invited it won't be till January or later?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted mine early August and haven't heard anything either yet except for the lack letter and checklist. Did you guys receive those??

I didn't receive a lack letter or a checklist. :scared:

I didn't receive either documents (lack letter or checklist) yet. However, I did receive an e-mail saying that my application is completed. Does that mean I do not need the other documents or should I still be expecting those to come?

I submitted mine early August and haven't heard anything either yet except for the lack letter and checklist. Did you guys receive those??

I got the lack letter and checklist in September.

I got the lack letter and checklist in September.

What is a lack letter, is it same as the checklist stating the classes that you are missing?

So far, I didn't receive anything saying that my application is completed (I submitted in late August), though I received an email about the USC ID.

I will have to give them a call.

What is a lack letter, is it same as the checklist stating the classes that you are missing?

So far, I didn't receive anything saying that my application is completed (I submitted in late August), though I received an email about the USC ID.

Yes the lack letter lists all the prerequisites you completed and the ones in progress. It asks for you to check if everything is accurate and let them know if something is missing. I'm not sure why some people didn't receive it either, it seems random because you submitted your applications pretty early.

Yes, the lack letter is a word document that shows all of the pre reqs that you are missing. Also, I think when I submitted my supp application I got an email confirming that it was received and then in a separate e-mail I got my ID #. That is odd that you received an ID # but not an acknowledgment email as well.

Yes, the lack letter is a word document that shows all of the pre reqs that you are missing. Also, I think when I submitted my supp application I got an email confirming that it was received and then in a separate e-mail I got my ID #. That is odd that you received an ID # but not an acknowledgment email as well.

@Raindrop888: Yes, I feel weird that I didn't receive any notification since submission too, but I read a few weeks ago that people who went to USC as undergraduates received lack letter. Not sure if this statement is true or not yet.

@rxrina: Sorry, I just check earlier and I did receive an acknowledgement email saying that they received my sup ap, but I'm not sure if my application is fully complete. They didn't send anything to me since then.

Their first interview is Nov. 13, so the invites should be sending out soon i hope. :xf:

@slowpepper: this may be an obvious question, but do you have classes in progress? Or have you already completed all the pre-reqs? B/c maybe the reason you didn't receive a lack letter is because you don't have anything lacking? Hopefully invites get sent out this week!

Members don't see this ad :)
@slowpepper: this may be an obvious question, but do you have classes in progress? Or have you already completed all the pre-reqs? B/c maybe the reason you didn't receive a lack letter is because you don't have anything lacking? Hopefully invites get sent out this week!

I do have 2 classes to fulfill and am currently taking them now. I hope so too for the invite. :)

I don't think that's the case because I don't have anything lacking either and I received the lack letter.

Yea November interview invites will go out any day I think. I am so nervous..hopefully all of us will get one:xf::xf:

I got a lack letter and all my prereqs were complete. Did you send them your transcripts?

i submitted my supplemental on 10/8 and just got an e-mail today with the checklist saying my application has been completed. So we're supposed to get a checklist and a lack letter?

Yes, it took a little while (about a month, I think for me) but I received 2 emails initially, one with a lack letter and another regarding the completion of my application.

Is anyone else as nervous as I am this week? I keep checking my email, hoping for something from USC. :oops:

I submitted both PharmCAS and Supplimental Applications around mid-August, but PharmCAS didn't mail out my application until late September. (Checklist and Lack Letter received early October). Does this mean I missed the cutoff for the first Interview Session?

Well, good luck to all of you!

Is anyone else as nervous as I am this week? I keep checking my email, hoping for something from USC. :oops:

I submitted both PharmCAS and Supplimental Applications around mid-August, but PharmCAS didn't mail out my application until late September. (Checklist and Lack Letter received early October). Does this mean I missed the cutoff for the first Interview Session?

Well, good luck to all of you!

:) I am definitely just as anxious. I kept checking my email today! I guess it just depends on how many people sent in their app before you - I think sept is still early

I made a mistake in my supplemental app :(, they helped me make correction today and sent me an acknowledgement letter via email right away. I don't think they can review my app for Nov. 13. Hopefully I can get an invite for the next interview..yikee

I made a mistake in my supplemental app :(, they helped me make correction today and sent me an acknowledgement letter via email right away. I don't think they can review my app for Nov. 13. Hopefully I can get an invite for the next interview..yikee

What kind of mistake was it, if you don't mind sharing?

What kind of mistake was it, if you don't mind sharing?

I don't mind at all, it was very careless of me to actually put my first name as last name and my last name as first name on their application. :laugh:

She helped me fix it, so I don't expect my application to be in review by the committee anytime soon even though I submitted back in late August. :oops:

Congratulations!! Do you guys mind sharing when you submitted applications??

I guess they are sending the invite out today!!! Congrats to you all. :thumbup:

just got my interview today =]]

I received my interview invite too! :)

I submitted my USC supp apps late July.
Received the lack letter on 9/16
Received confirmation that my app was complete on 9/10

I just confirmed my interview!!!

I received my lack letter on September 28th.

Can you talk about you interview please.

Got my interview invite today as well.

Submitted Pharmcas 8/13. USC about a week later.

Lack letter received 9/15

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a page limit for resume section of graduate application for USC Pharmacy program?

Thanks.:)

I haven't read any requirement but I've heard past applicants tell me that they were advised to keep it 2 pages or less. 3 max.

I think that it has to do with the amount of apps the admissions board has to review.

congrats and good luck to everyone that got an interview for November. I will see you guys there! :)

Got my interview invitation today as well. Congrats to everyone who's received one as well! For the record, I received my lack letter on October 7.

Also received my interview invite today. I submitted my supp on the 1st week of august.

I see a lot of people getting interviews!! I guess I will see y'all on Nov. 13th!!~:DD

got my interview invite too!!! am so excited n nervous at the same time, good luck everyone! see u guys nov 13!

Wow. My interview invite was in my spam folder!! I'm so glad I called in earlier today to find out I've been invited. See you guys on November 13th!!!

Hi, guys
Im just wondering if the interview is group interview or individual...
anyone has idea???
thanks in advance