~~University of Pennsylvania c/o 2010~~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
duh? said:
EVERYTHING! :laugh:

Duh? I said the most.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
PickMe said:
thanks for the advice guys!! gosh, all this mice talk makes me wanna reconsider living in the city and just commute from home haha kidding, mice are definitely a little easier to live with than parents.

where are all you guys coming from? anyone from the area or going to school in the area? im from the philly area, about a 45 minute train-ride. i go to school about 4 hrs from philly though. anyone closer?

I'm about a 45 min train ride away as well. And from my experiences at Penn as an undergrad, mice are unfortunately pretty common in this part of the city. Buildings are old, and vary in the degree to which they have been maintained over the years. Definitely look for traps when they show you apartments. Still, it's better than living at home, especially if you can still swing the family perks and avoid the irritation.

Looking forward to August, even though my birthday falls on the first day of class :(

UPJRM said:
Looking forward to August, even though my birthday falls on the first day of class :(

better than me...mine bday always falls during finals week!! ugh imagine your 21st bday...with an 8am biol 421 final :eek:
any idea what we do during 3 (?) days of orientation??? sprgrover?

Anyone else get their PennKey stuff recently?

cowsgomoo said:
Anyone else get their PennKey stuff recently?

yep...got mine..and registered for one...

but i'm not sure what i'm supposed to do with it now....are we supposed to have access to information with it or something?

r0entgen said:
yep...got mine..and registered for one...

but i'm not sure what i'm supposed to do with it now....are we supposed to have access to information with it or something?

You don't need it until you start school. With it you will be able to access 'Inside SDM' (where the links for mail, patient charts, blackboard, eCollege, and oh so many other goodies), the wireless network, etc.

Hi guys,

sorry for cheating on you with Buffalo but don't worry, I've realized that Penn is my only lover!

Go Penn. I'm excited to start at Penn. If something changes, then I'll re-evaluate my situation but, until then, I'll bleed Penn :D

And I absolutely loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee my future classmates. You guys and girls all seem soooooooooo cool. except for duh? - devil spawn :p no no, just kidding, we're best friends 4 life :eek:

Audio said:
Hi guys,

sorry for cheating on you with Buffalo but don't worry, I've realized that Penn is my only lover!

Go Penn. I'm excited to start at Penn. If something changes, then I'll re-evaluate my situation but, until then, I'll bleed Penn :D

And I absolutely loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee my future classmates. You guys and girls all seem soooooooooo cool. except for duh? - devil spawn :p no no, just kidding, we're best friends 4 life :eek:
Audio my dear new-best-friend, I don't know how to feel about you any more. You're like a little prostitute, servicing both Penn and Buff. I don't like unfaithful ******. I'm going to have to punish you. Go to the room. You'll bleed Penn right? I'll make you prove it. :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

UPJRM said:
I'm about a 45 min train ride away as well. And from my experiences at Penn as an undergrad, mice are unfortunately pretty common in this part of the city. Buildings are old, and vary in the degree to which they have been maintained over the years. Definitely look for traps when they show you apartments. Still, it's better than living at home, especially if you can still swing the family perks and avoid the irritation.

Mine's on the 28th. :thumbup:

duh? said:
Audio my dear new-best-friend, I don't know how to feel about you any more. You're like a little prostitute, servicing both Penn and Buff. I don't like unfaithful ******. I'm going to have to punish you. Go to the room. You'll bleed Penn right? I'll make you prove it. :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

oh I love it when you're rough with me :love:

seriously though...SPAWN OF THE DEVIL :eek: :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Audio said:

you're right..it does seem like we got really cool people this year at penn :)

r0entgen said:
you're right..it does seem like we got really cool people this year at penn :)
:D :D Yes we are all TOO COOL FOR SKOOL. :D :D

Audio said:
oh I love it when you're rough with me :love:

seriously though...SPAWN OF THE DEVIL :eek: :D
:( Audio you've shattered my heart. I showed you so much love-- by whooping your sorry @$$ everytime you were bad :smuggrin: . I've always wanted you to be an obedient *****, that's why I treat you the way I do.
Yet you come here and make me look bad. :( *sniff* I must find me a new "object of affection." Any volunteers? :oops:

Sprgrover said:
These two terms are pretty much mutually exclusive - there's your problem. ;)
:mad: Careful now young man or I'll make you take Audio's spot on my 'affections' list. :laugh:

duh? said:
:mad: Careful now young man or I'll make you take Audio's spot on my 'affections' list. :laugh:

WOW, what have I gotten myself into?

BigRedDentist said:
WOW, what have I gotten myself into?

*hides in corner w/ bigreddentist hoping to stay on duh's and audio's good side....*

PickMe said:
*hides in corner w/ bigreddentist hoping to stay on duh's and audio's good side....*

My good side? I'm whipped like the family pig. Believe me, I'll be hiding with you :scared:

Muhuhu...muhu...muhuah ha!ha!!ha!!! :smuggrin: Nice to know that all you cute little darlings know who's boss. :laugh: Now I would ask who's your daddy BUT since I'm not a guy... Who's y'all's mummy?! And the Penn dental class of 2010 screams...DUH?!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

duh? said:
Now I would ask who's your daddy BUT since I'm not a guy... Who's y'all's mummy?!

Don't lie, I know you have boy parts :D

*runs back into the corner* :scared:

Audio said:
Don't lie, I know you have boy parts :D

*runs back into the corner* :scared:
:eek: :confused: :scared: *checkin herself* I thought I hid it well enough, darn, why am I so well endowed? :oops: I guess I will have to silence you Audio, that was our secret! :mad:

Sprgrover said:
Hey now, this is getting weird.
OK so I have big feet. The secret is out. Audio are you happy now? :(

fightingspirit said:
I am terribly sorry to say this but how can you call someone whose username is “duh?” soooooooooo cooool? I have been trying hard to avoid duh’s non-sensical, stinking and plain ******ed comments. Alas, they pop up everywhere unsolicited and begging for the attention that people like Audio give them. I kindly ask of people like Audio to not give duh the attention she seeks through her unwanted remarks. Perhaps this would stop her from lurking here and there like a bug that keeps buzzing around, not giving one the chance to get rid of it. It seems that duh posts for the sake of posting. She has yet to post something that is worth saying or that is not poor taste like her last few posts on this thread. Her remarks are neither witty nor funny. I truly think that duh is an embarrassment to Penn and I am surprised that she passed the inTview without sounding foul and unimaginative. duh's acceptance into Penn may be a sign that d-schools of ivy universities are not ivy in themselves. my apologies go for the wonderfull penn students and accepted applicants but i had to say this because one can only tolerate so much non-sense and lameness.

Congratulations. I've finally noticed you. Take a chill pill. It's only the internet. Hey Check out your USER CP and add me to your 'ignore list' :thumbup: . You seem like such a bitter person. We were just having some fun and you had to come in here and try to spoil everything. Thank you for judging me based on internet comments. If I thought your opinion mattered I would feel bad. I don't think you make a lot of sense here either (along with tens of other people on here) but you don't see me attacking you or them. I shan't be responding to any more of your comments on this thread.
PS: I think it's interesting that I've gotten to you so much. All the while I've been ignorant of how you felt and having a blissful time while you've wasted some precious minutes of your life harboring ill feelings toward me. I feel really sorry for you. Good luck. You sure as heck need a lot of it. :thumbup:

Hey, duh? is cool in my book. She's friendly, funny, and intelligent. And she doesn't put people down and just likes to have fun. A real quality person from what I can tell :thumbup:

fightingspirit said:
...I truly think that duh is an embarrassment to Penn and I am surprised that she passed the inTview without sounding foul and unimaginative. duh's acceptance into Penn may be a sign that d-schools of ivy universities are not ivy in themselves. my apologies go for the wonderfull penn students...

It's okay if you disagree with a guest here on SDN, but when trying to communicate your point try to do so without the use of slanderous remarks.

duh? said:
Mine's on the 28th. :thumbup:

me too!!!! ok so everyone has to celebrate with us. happy hour to commemorate our first day?

fightingspirit said:
lol audio.......you crack me up man....it seems that duh and you are two of a kind, sharing some interesting characteristics. you reported to us that you've been dumped by your girlfriend recently. since you share duh's style, may i suggest a date between you two this summer? on that date, you can go ahead and talk about feet, suing people who say you're saying bull****, unfaithful ******, roughness....etc.

hahaha damn, the stress of not getting in is really getting to you. Calm down man. You're making an ass out of yourself. Especially because you're on a Penn2010 class thread and you won't be going to Penn next year. Get a grip man and stop making yourself look like a bitter loser! The rest of your post is just too stupid to comment on.

My six sense tells me,

I SEE MAD PEOPLE. :eek:

For what it's worth, no need to bash.

Looks like another thread is about to be closed.

Audio said:
hahaha damn, the stress of not getting in is really getting to you. Calm down man. You're making an ass out of yourself. Especially because you're on a Penn2010 class thread and you won't be going to Penn next year. Get a grip man and stop making yourself look like a bitter loser! The rest of your post is just too stupid to comment on.

Audio. Please ignore this person. How old is he? 28? 30? Most men I know that are that age do not come here to argue with people 5-10 years younger than they are. Most grown men I know are out there doing something significant with their lives, so much that they don't have time to spend shamelessly arguing with people that were infants when they (the 28-30 yr olds) were teenagers.

I grew up in a different culture and I was raised to believe that older people, due to their experience would not speak like fools in public forums. The last time I checked this thread was primarily for the Penn Dental class of 2010, so far no member of that class on this thead complained.

This person talks about you sharing info like "your girl freind left you" yet he is not ashamed to display his immaturity and whine about how competitive dental school is to get into or how childishly he handled a phone conversation with admissions officers-- very manly indeed :eek: .

This person would disregard decades of a school's tradition of excellence based on one individual's perceived flaw and say the quality of ivy leagues have dropped. This person would then return on a later post to praise the same school. Signs of a mad man.

This is a common saying where I am from "do not argue with a foolish man because people would be unable to tell you apart."
It is shameful that a person would live to the age of 28 (or is it 30?) and still retain the mentality of a 5 year old. It is sad that this thread may be closed, but what can I say, when a mentally deranged animal enters a house, the housekeepers must ensure the safety of the residents by eradicating such madness.

PS: The interesting thing is, this shameless fool may actually respond to this and prove to the whole world that wisdom, common sense, and experience do not come hand in hand with age.

My apologies to my classmates. I did not mean for this thead to come to this.

fightingspirit said:
P.S: advice from one man to another: If I were you, I would think twice before advertising that “my GF dumped me”. It kinda made you look a bit weak.

Dude, my girlfriend didn't dump me. We ended things because it was the right thing to do. Did you "guess" that she dumped me because I was upset over it? Well, that's what happens when you're in a relationship for 3 years. But then again, you know about long term relationships better than I do, I mean, your girlfrined had been attatched to your ulna and radius since birth :D

Also, note to the mods, since this is an official Penn class thread, maybe it would be better to either delete every post after fightingspirit's or close the thread so we could start a new, untainted one :D We don't want to bring shame to Penn's good name :laugh:

fightingspirit said:
I am terribly sorry to say this but how can you call someone whose username is “duh?” soooooooooo cooool? I have been trying hard to avoid duh’s non-sensical, stinking and plain ******ed comments. Alas, they pop up everywhere unsolicited and begging for the attention that people like Audio give them. I kindly ask of people like Audio to not give duh the attention she seeks through her unwanted remarks. Perhaps this would stop her from lurking here and there like a bug that keeps buzzing around, not giving one the chance to get rid of it. It seems that duh posts for the sake of posting. She has yet to post something that is worth saying or that is not poor taste like her last few posts on this thread. Her remarks are neither witty nor funny. I truly think that duh is an embarrassment to Penn and I am surprised that she passed the inTview without sounding foul and unimaginative. duh's acceptance into Penn may be a sign that d-schools of ivy universities are not ivy in themselves. my apologies go for the wonderfull penn students and accepted applicants but i had to say this because one can only tolerate so much non-sense and lameness.

okay...i'm not sure what you're doing in the upenn class of 2010 thread if you aren't in it...but why are you browsing through it if duh? annoys you so much? she's just trying to have fun here, so let her be. it's not like she's posting similar remarks all over the sdn forum, so her remarks are only meant for us--the penn class of 2010. not for you, nor any other irrelevant others.

as for your comments for audio+duh?, maybe you should just drop dentistry, and become a matchmaker instead, since you seem to think you're so skilled in this area.

I HEART MY CLASSMATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:
I'll try to be a boring old lady from now on. I wish the thread didn't turn to this. Let's get back on track! :thumbup:

sooo anyways guys, who's hosting the superbowl party next year for when the EAGLES are in it???? :D

UPJRM said:
me too!!!! ok so everyone has to celebrate with us. happy hour to commemorate our first day?
ALRIGHT!!!!!!!

PickMe said:
sooo anyways guys, who's hosting the superbowl party next year for when the EAGLES are in it???? :D

Dude you know Vick's gonna get his act together and take the Falcons to the superbowl!

Arrrrgooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooossssss :D

PickMe said:

can we convert them all to philly sports fans?

UPJRM said:
can we convert them all to philly sports fans?

i don't think we can give them any other option ;)

PickMe said:

Lets go G-men

And I can't wait to see the yankees beat the phillies...

hey guys, just wondering how many of you are actively looking for housing in University City. I heard from someone who lives in philly that it's not the safest area and I should look for a place outside of University city. I was hoping to live within a few blocks of the school, but I also wanted a safe and rodent-free place :) Just curious where all of you are looking at...let me know!