University of Oklahoma Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received an invite today too!! January 13th it is! So excited!

Members don't see this ad.

I will be there on the 14th!!!

So excited to get an interview!!!

I just got an email about interview this morning. hehe
:)
I thought I would start this thread for those who have applied to OU pharmacy school for the Fall of 2011.

I submitted my pharmcas and my sup application the end of August. I went to a meeting at the OU Tulsa campus on September 17th, and one of the admissions counselors said she would be sending out the first interview invites in a few weeks.

So, I would love to hear from anyone when they get an invite! I check my e-mail several times a day, and I would like to know when first round invites go out!

Hope to hear from someone soon even though it is pretty early to get an invite! Can't wait!

Members don't see this ad :)
WOW! Congrats!

Could you list your PCAT score and GPA so we can have an idea? Thanks.

I received an acceptance email today from Ms. Richardson at 4pm. I'm a little surprised at how quickly I received my acceptance; only 6 days since I interviewed. Good luck to all those wait and especially to those who interview this Saturday.

WOW! Congrats!

Could you list your PCAT score and GPA so we can have an idea? Thanks.

Sure, although keep in mind that I'm not a "traditional" pre-pharm student in that I have two graduate degrees (this made a good impression on the interviewers).
GPA: 3.2
PCAT 79
Nearly six years of certified pharm tech work.

Also received my interview invite last week. Going on January 14th.

In-state resident (though I go to school at the University of Arkansas), 3.7 gpa, 60 PCAT (o_O awful), honors biochemistry degree coming in May.

I also have an interview at UCSF on February 5th. OU is a great school, don't get me wrong. But I would be thrilled to get into UCSF. OU is the 'back-up' plan, but it's a highly respectable back-up plan. One of my friends from high school (4 years older) is about to graduate from the OKC campus this coming May, and she has absolutely loved her time there. Great program.

Good luck to everyone! I'm sure I'll meet some of you on the 14th.

Anyone recieved email about the interview time? I have to drive from Tulsa so I want to know when should I get there. I haven't get any email from Jennifer yet. I just emailed her but she is always out of office.
Thanks.

Anyone recieved email about the interview time? I have to drive from Tulsa so I want to know when should I get there. I haven't get any email from Jennifer yet. I just emailed her but she is always out of office.
Thanks.

Previous posts have stated that it was about a week prior to interview that she sent out an email regarding the specific time. With it being just after the holidays, she probably has a lot going on. We'll find out by the end of this week. :)

Still no confirmation email today. They really need to provide a email before the deadline letting you know that the survey monkey response has been recieved.

Does anyone know how we are supposed to handle updating our transcripts if we are just waiting to complete the interview? I already did the PharmCAS update but I'm not sure if I need to send it to their admissions office as well or wait till after the interview for that.

I received information about the interview today and mine is on the 13th of this month...I believe she will have the rest out by the end of this week for those interviewing on the 13th or 14th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the email about the time. I will be at the PM session. The agenda says each applicant will participate in a 40 minute panel interview. Is that really 40 minutes? I'm kind of nervous already.
I hope the weather will be nice on the 13th and 14th.

Question: Has anyone done the academic update yet? I sent my transcript to Pharmcas a while back but they have not updated it on my profile yet. I know we have to have our updated transcripts in by Jan 15th. Is that just the E summited update or is that after Pharmcas has recalculated the GPA? I am just concerned because the deadline is coming up and they said it could take up to six weeks to recalculate them! Anyone know?

I think that should just be the when you submit it. I just did the update and will have my transcripts send tomorrow morning

I had two questions regarding the interview date:

1. What documentation if any should we being?

2. How do you decide between the OKC and Tulsa campus? Can anybody give me details about the two campuses.

Thanks.

Question: Has anyone done the academic update yet? I sent my transcript to Pharmcas a while back but they have not updated it on my profile yet. I know we have to have our updated transcripts in by Jan 15th. Is that just the E summited update or is that after Pharmcas has recalculated the GPA? I am just concerned because the deadline is coming up and they said it could take up to six weeks to recalculate them! Anyone know?

I'm pretty sure that as long as you have e-submitted and sent transcripts in by the deadline, you should be fine. I can't see it being any other way, because fall grades weren't posted until mid-December. Does it show that your transcripts were received at PharmCAS? (there should be a date next to transcripts) As long as that is before the deadline--we should be fine. I'm hoping anyway!

I had two questions regarding the interview date:

1. What documentation if any should we being?

2. How do you decide between the OKC and Tulsa campus? Can anybody give me details about the two campuses.

Thanks.

We don't have to bring any documentation, per se...but I'm going to bring my "business" notebook in case I need to jot down any ideas or questions. I will also have a few notes that I will be going over before I interview.

Choosing between campuses is really just where do you want to live? OKC is obviously the larger of the 2 campuses and you'll be getting a tour of it. Maybe that'll help you decide. I'm married with 2 kids and we live in OKC, that would be the only reason I wouldn't want Tulsa.

How's 13th interview? I think mine was pretty good. Now I will check my email everday!

How's 13th interview? I think mine was pretty good. Now I will check my email everday!
I had an interview yesterday and think it went swimmingly.
Extremely relaxed and colloquial, I have a good feeling about OU. Everyone I spoke to thinks their interview went well also. Fingers crossed folks :)

I believe mine went well, very relaxed and conversational! I chose OKC campus only...I will be checking my email frequently as well!

The interview was very smooth and the interviewers were extremely nice and let everything go with the flow. They built upon what you said each time and they were very comforting. I was very impressed with the campus and OU is definitely wayyyyyy up there as one of my top choices if I get in. Good luck to everyone who has interviewed/will interview!

Still no email from Miss Richardson yet.....
I hope we can hear something from them in 6 days also!

I know we were told by OU it would be weeks before we found out, but the other students said they were told the same thing but found out in 2 weeks or less for the most part. I'm hoping we find out soon

She said it would be about 3 to 4 weeks before we get the news.
I want to go to OU, but have already been accepted elsewhere, which has a deposit of $1000. I don't really want to put myself out $1k only to find out that I get into OU (which I would prefer to go to).
The deposit has to be paid by the 21st. Should I confirm myself a place somewhere and possibly lose the deposit if I get into OU?

I want to go to OU, but have already been accepted elsewhere, which has a deposit of $1000. I don't really want to put myself out $1k only to find out that I get into OU (which I would prefer to go to).
The deposit has to be paid by the 21st. Should I confirm myself a place somewhere and possibly lose the deposit if I get into OU?

Just wait till the 21st. OU will probably will let us know by Friday. Today was a holiday and they are closed

Just wait till the 21st. OU will probably will let us know by Friday. Today was a holiday and they are closed
Cheers Ace :)

Even though they said 3-4 weeks? It'll only be 1 week come the 21st. I might ask for an extension on the other school.

Cheers Ace :)

Even though they said 3-4 weeks? It'll only be 1 week come the 21st. I might ask for an extension on the other school.

When did you have the interview? The 14th? All of my friends were notified within a week and they all got in when they interviewed in december

When did you have the interview? The 14th? All of my friends were notified within a week and they all got in when they interviewed in december

Sounds good. I could handle knowing sooner rather than latter.

SWOSU - Waiting :confused:
University of Oklahoma - Interviewed 01/13/11 Waiting :confused:

I interviewed during the morning of the 13th. I imagine Miss Richardson would be relatively busy though, considering classes are starting back up, MLK day yesterday ...
Same with glpharmacy ... I would definitely prefer to hear from OU earlier rather than later.

Let's get our fingers crossed for getting good news earlier then!
I had mine on the 13th also. But it looks like today is the first day that they go back to work. hehe

Last edited:

This indicates to me that it is highly possible that the best canidates might hear a response within a week but everyone else may have to wait. They may even wait to see how many of the premium canidates put down the $500 deposit before they give a response to everyone else. Then the remaining canidates with the best stats will be accepted, the mid range will go on the waitlist, and the bottom of the barrel will be rejected. Just a thought.

Last edited:
That's a reasonable hypothesis. :)

This indicates to me that it is highly possible that the best canidates might hear a response within a week but everyone else may have to wait. They may even wait to see how many of the premium canidates put down the $500 deposit before they give a response to everyone else. Then the remaining canidates with the best stats will be accepted, the mid range will go on the waitlist, and the bottom of the barrel will be rejected. Just a thought.

Let's get our fingers crossed for getting good news earlier then!
I had mine on the 13th also. But it looks like today is the first day that they go back to work. hehe

It should be soon for you guys! I interviewed in December, and I found out six days after my interview that I got accepted. Everyone else that I know found out in that time frame or even less! I don't know if they wait to accept some people...it could be right that only the top ones are picked first..(although it's not like I have amazing grades or PCAT score...just ok PCAT and over 3.5 gpa...), and I found out really soon :). Good luck to you all, and I hope to have some of you as classmates!

Thanks for the information. I guess you are a mom per your ID. I'm also a working mom. :)
I'm more concerned about my interview.
Here is my status:
I have a master degree in Biology.
Pharmacy experience: volunteered for more than 50 hours. (I passed the national PTCB exam but couldn't get a PharmTech job :mad:)
Overall GPA: 3.54
Pre-requisite GPA: 4.0
Science GPA: 4.0
TOEFL (test of english as foreign language): 103 (total is 120 and they require 79 as minimum)
PCAT
Biology: 91
Chemistry: 81
Quantitative: 93
Verbal: 36
Reading: 29
Writing 3.0/2.5
Composite: 76

It should be soon for you guys! I interviewed in December, and I found out six days after my interview that I got accepted. Everyone else that I know found out in that time frame or even less! I don't know if they wait to accept some people...it could be right that only the top ones are picked first..(although it's not like I have amazing grades or PCAT score...just ok PCAT and over 3.5 gpa...), and I found out really soon :). Good luck to you all, and I hope to have some of you as classmates!

I am waiting for an answer as well and I'm feeling anxious (haha). I just want to know so badly if I did well enough overall to gain acceptance. Good luck to everyone!

I am waiting for an answer as well and I'm feeling anxious (haha). I just want to know so badly if I did well enough overall to gain acceptance. Good luck to everyone!

Same here :eek::eek::eek::eek:. I have my email setup in my iphone so I can get an alert when I get a new email. It might be tomorrow cuz they have to make decisions from two sessions.

Haha nice!!! I wish I had the internet on my phone but I will have to settle for being glued to my computer! =P Let's hope for a response tomorrow if not this afternoon!

Same here :eek::eek::eek::eek:. I have my email setup in my iphone so I can get an alert when I get a new email. It might be tomorrow cuz they have to make decisions from two sessions.

I hope they are not closed due to snow... The wait is killing me!!!

You and me both. Really wanting to find out before this weekend!

And they are closed... just looked at the website. Only essential personnel are required to work.... ugh.

Man I didn't realize they were hit with the snow...it would be so nice to find out before the week is over just to not have to worry about some of the other apps I filled out elsewhere.

I Am assuming they will be closed tomorrow so probably we wont hear till next tuesday...

This sucks. I have another interview and i will be double tensed!!!

I Am assuming they will be closed tomorrow so probably we wont hear till next tuesday...

This sucks. I have another interview and i will be double tensed!!!

They will not be closed tomorrow. The weather here isn't even that bad. I am surprised we even got today off. I won't complain if we actually get tomorrow off, but I'm not holding my breath.

I really want to find out soon! The wait and anticipation are killing me. I wasn't even planning on applying this cycle (I was going to wait until 2011), but decided to say what the heck and give it a shot. I wasn't nervous about getting an interview, because I really didn't expect one. Now that I have an actual decent shot of making it, I'm going insane!