University of Oklahoma Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kikizmom

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I would start this thread for those who have applied to OU pharmacy school for the Fall of 2011.

I submitted my pharmcas and my sup application the end of August. I went to a meeting at the OU Tulsa campus on September 17th, and one of the admissions counselors said she would be sending out the first interview invites in a few weeks.

So, I would love to hear from anyone when they get an invite! I check my e-mail several times a day, and I would like to know when first round invites go out!

Hope to hear from someone soon even though it is pretty early to get an invite! Can't wait!

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my application in September. I haven't heard anything yet either, but I hope we find out soon!

I submitted my application in September. I haven't heard anything yet either, but I hope we find out soon!

I also submitted mine in mid September and have not heard anything yet...

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope we hear soon! I check my e-mail 100 times a day..haha!

My stats are:

overall gpa: 3.56
Science and math gpa: 3.12
Pcat: 64
I have 5 years of pharmacy technician experience.
No degree yet..working on a Bach in Medical/Molecular Biology and I have 127 hours.

I applied to OU and SWOSU.

I have an interview scheduled for SWOSU on 10-25-10 for the Spring semester.

Has anyone heard anything lately? It seems like interview invites should be going out soon.......

I still haven't heard yet!! I'm dying to get something, but nothing yet! Hope we hear soon!

Have both my supplemental and PharmCAS done. Hope to hear from the school soon!

I have not heard anything either. I submitted everything in Mid August. I also attended the Sept 17th workshop, and have been checking my e-mail daily as of about a month ago. The OU page does not show any changes for interview information... has anyone heard of when the interview dates will be?

Still no word yet either! I check my e-mail more than once daily ha! I believe there are interviews as early as the first week in december ...some in january...and some in february. The first ones should be in a few weeks.

kikizmom, i also applied to OU and if i recall correctly, they don't start sending out interview letter until January and February. I'm kind of in a bind because i also applied SWOSU and got an interview there. If you get accepted to SWOSU will you be going there? or wait to see if you get accepted to OU. I figure if i'm accepted at SWOSU I will go there so I start earlier, but the location is not very good.

kikizmom, i also applied to OU and if i recall correctly, they don't start sending out interview letter until January and February. I'm kind of in a bind because i also applied SWOSU and got an interview there. If you get accepted to SWOSU will you be going there? or wait to see if you get accepted to OU. I figure if i'm accepted at SWOSU I will go there so I start earlier, but the location is not very good.

I went to a workshop about admissions, and the counselor said she would send out the first interview invites in a few weeks...well this was in September!! That is why I've been checking my e-mail like crazy. I wouldn't have thought they would be sent out this early until she said that. As far as I know, they have interviews in December as well. A pharmacist I know got invited to help with them, and I believe they were in December, January , and February.

If I get accepted at SWOSU, I will accept it for sure. If I get an interview for December for OU then I will go and hope they let me know by January, but otherwise I'll stick with SWOSU if I'm accepted. Since they start in the Spring, it puts us in a bad position on considering other schools. But I just want to be in pharmacy school!! The only thing is my family will have to move to weatherford if I go there. If I got a chance to go to OU tulsa, we could stay here. We own a house and my husband has a good job here, so it's a lot of choices. We will do whatever we have to do though for me to be in pharmacy school, because I have worked this hard to get here!

What about you? If you accept SWOSU, and you get an interview to OU before SWOSU starts will you go to the interview ?

It's a hard choice, becuase I live near OKC, but I don't want to wait another year because that would be wasting time. If i get accepted to SWOSU I will probably end up going there. I think tuition is a little less and smaller class sizes are always good. I guess i'm in the same boat as you, I just want to get in and get started. Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I just received an interview for OU and I am so excited!!! I do not know what to expect tho like the format and ex essay, group exercise and interview questions ... Any highlights on this will be appreciated!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I got an invite too. I'll probably go to one of the January dates since it is during winter break.

I got an interview invite today too!:):) I picked Dec 2nd, since I live near the Tulsa campus! I haven't received a time back yet. I'm very excited! Good luck everyone!

Hey guys, I just received an interview for OU and I am so excited!!! I do not know what to expect tho like the format and ex essay, group exercise and interview questions ... Any highlights on this will be appreciated!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

One of my best friends is in her third year at OU pharmacy school in Tulsa. She is going to come over sometime and tell me all about what to expect. I'll be sure to take notes and post some things on here!

I just go my interview invite as well. I think I'm going to go on December 11th. I have to start making travel plans, I'm coming from Utah.

I received my invite today too :) Congratulations everyone!!! I am going to the Dec 2nd one in Tulsa as well!

Hey! I got my interview invite today! Yay!! I am so excited. I picked Dec. 11. Does anyone know how many interviews are given out? Any tips on what to expect that day?

Do the pcat scores need to be directly sent to the school or via the PharmCAS?

Those of you that have received interview invitations... Do you mind me asking when you had all of your information submitted?

Those of you that have received interview invitations... Do you mind me asking when you had all of your information submitted?

PharmCas Mailed my app 10/25 and I e-submitted the supplemental on 10/3

I sent both of mine August 31st. Pharmcas had mine to them September 20th.

I just got the invite as well and probably going on Dec 11th. I submitted both PharmCas and supp around the end of September...

Does anyone know how many interviews they give out?

Does anyone know how many interviews they give out?

Last year they invited 245 out of 596 applications received to interview, and they actually interviewed 199. They accepted 115....83 in OKC and 32 in Tulsa.

I went to the admissions workshop, and some of these numbers are from a powerpoint print-out they gave us. The other numbers are from their website under Pharm.D admission statistics. You can see the last admission class average pCAT, gpa...etc.

For some of those who have gotten interviews do you mind sharing your statistics such as gpa/pcat score/experience etc.?? I have not gotten an interview yet and am not sure if I will but trying to stay positive :)

Last year they invited 245 out of 596 applications received to interview, and they actually interviewed 199. They accepted 115....83 in OKC and 32 in Tulsa.

I went to the admissions workshop, and some of these numbers are from a powerpoint print-out they gave us. The other numbers are from their website under Pharm.D admission statistics. You can see the last admission class average pCAT, gpa...etc.

Thank you! Our chances are looking pretty good. Are you going to ask for Tulsa? I took my interview Dec. 11 in OKC. I did not think they would give out interviews so soon! I am pumped! I hope we make it!! :)

Thank you! Our chances are looking pretty good. Are you going to ask for Tulsa? I took my interview Dec. 11 in OKC. I did not think they would give out interviews so soon! I am pumped! I hope we make it!! :)

Your welcome! They are pretty good odds, and yes I'm going to ask for Tulsa. I'm excited too and really want to get in! I hope we make it. Good luck!

For some of those who have gotten interviews do you mind sharing your statistics such as gpa/pcat score/experience etc.?? I have not gotten an interview yet and am not sure if I will but trying to stay positive :)

My gpa is 3.56
pCAT was 64
I have 5 years of pharmacy technician experience, and I currently have worked at the same pharmacy for 3 1/2 years.

I would think they would still send out more interviews ...so I wouldn't lose hope!

I got the email for the interview a couple days ago and was wondering if anyone knew what the interview process is like there. Is it group or individual?

I got an offer for an interview! I will be there on December 11th. They said they would send specific times for the interview. Has anyone recieved an email with that info yet?

Has anyone received an interview confirmation for the interview on the 2nd of December? I can't seem to get a response even though I submitted for a date a few days ago. Are we just supposed to blindly wait on it?

As far as a response to our reservation, I have not received a response yet either. Ladies, are you planning on wearing a skirt or pants?

I emailed them and this is the response I got back.

I completely understand needing to make travel plans quickly. I will be sending out interview time confirmations as soon as the confirmation deadline passes and will include travel information. If you selected December 11th then you can go ahead and begin looking for plane tickets as that is the date you will be assigned. I appreciate your patience as we work through this process. Thanks--Jennifer

I plan on wearing a skirt suit. I hear if any of the interviewers are "old-fashioned" the expect women to be wearing skirts. I'm not sure yet I'm going shopping this weekend to see if I can score a deal.

GPA: 2.94
PCAT: 82
Experience: One year full-time tech at a hospital.
Also planning on finishing my bachelor's this spring.

As far as the question asked about what females are wearing... I'm wearing a black pant suit to the interview. The last interview I was at only one or two girls wore a skirt. I know this is Oklahoma, but I don't think that they're so old fashioned that you have to worry about losing a spot over wearing pants, haha. I say just wear whichever you're most comfortable in.

Just received an email saying that Oklahoma has looked over my PharmCAS application. PharmCAS just sent out my application on Monday, so guess I still have a little bit of time to wait.

I applied this cycle and now I'm just hoping my stats are good enough to get an interview and it's later in January. Does anyone know if you can pick another date if you're given an interview on a date you cannot make? I'll be out of the country from the 9th until mid-January.

My GPA is 3.83 for BS Biochem and 3.89 for MS Chem. PCAT is 99% but I don't have any real pharmacy experience, just volunteer about 4 hrs a week.
Have you gotten an invite yet? I have not heard anything from them since I picked the date and location (Dec 11)... Anyway, best of luck!!! :)

GPA: 2.94
PCAT: 82
Experience: One year full-time tech at a hospital.
Also planning on finishing my bachelor's this spring.

As far as the question asked about what females are wearing... I'm wearing a black pant suit to the interview. The last interview I was at only one or two girls wore a skirt. I know this is Oklahoma, but I don't think that they're so old fashioned that you have to worry about losing a spot over wearing pants, haha. I say just wear whichever you're most comfortable in.

This made me giggle. We are not so old fashioned that you need to wear a skirt. I wore a pant suit to my interview 4 years ago and have been the interviewer, and pant suits for females are a-ok.

For those familiar with the Tulsa area, is there a particular hotel that is close to the campus?

Thanks

I have an interview on DEC 11th! pretty excited, but I have not received specific times for the interview. I just received an email that said i will either have it at 6 something or 11! it would be nice to know the exact time.:)

I will be there on Dec. 11 as well. I got an e mail today from Jennifer saying that all interviews will be in the morning from 6:30 till 12. There is no afternoon interviews on that day. Anyway, I hope to see ya there. I'll be the one sweating bullets...=) LOL!

This made me giggle. We are not so old fashioned that you need to wear a skirt. I wore a pant suit to my interview 4 years ago and have been the interviewer, and pant suits for females are a-ok.

Hey Cyclo! Any advice for interview day??

I will be there on Dec. 11 as well. I got an e mail today from Jennifer saying that all interviews will be in the morning from 6:30 till 12. There is no afternoon interviews on that day. Anyway, I hope to see ya there. I'll be the one sweating bullets...=) LOL!

Of course i would get an email a couple of hours after i posted that lol. But i hope to see you there!

oh and does anyone know how many there are in each interview group? Just wondering