University of Oklahoma Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How big were the other interview sessions?:confused:

I interviewed in December, and there were probably 100 or so people there.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone on the waitlist been accepted or heard anything at all from OU? I've heard that the class is full and I know that people are still receiving acceptance letters from other schools and deciding on where to go, but I'm still really anxious about getting in. :(

Has anyone on the waitlist been accepted or heard anything at all from OU? I've heard that the class is full and I know that people are still receiving acceptance letters from other schools and deciding on where to go, but I'm still really anxious about getting in. :(

I called them about a month ago and was told exactly what the waitlist email said about being accepted anytime between now and orientation.

I know a lot of seats opened up because a lot of people got into Texas schools...I guess they are giving preference to OK residents.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an acceptance email March 28th I was put on the waitlist from the Feb. 26th interview.

Hey guys! Congrats to all who are accepted! I am thinking about applying for next year. Would you guys mind sharing your GPA stats and especially if you are a non-resident accepted student?

We are wanting to move to Oklahoma but, I wouldn't have residency established yet and I don't want to wait any longer to start school. Thanks! :)

Hey guys! Congrats to all who are accepted! I am thinking about applying for next year. Would you guys mind sharing your GPA stats and especially if you are a non-resident accepted student?

We are wanting to move to Oklahoma but, I wouldn't have residency established yet and I don't want to wait any longer to start school. Thanks! :)

pre-req GPA 3.6
overall GPA 3.3
BA in Biology
PCAT 65

GPA: 2.94
PCAT: 82
BA in Biology (UT-Austin)
1.5 years hospital tech experience (full-time)
Non-resident student from that land south of the Red River :cool:

GPA: 3.86
PCAT: 77
2 years of retail experience
Texas Resident for 3 more months

Hey waitlisters! I just declined my seat to OU because I got accepted to my local school and (thankfully) passed physics II. So good luck I hope one of you gets my seat.

For whoever was asking
Utah resident
Overall GPA 3.45
PCAT 77

GPA: 4.0
PCAT: 77
Volunteered at a major hospital in the pharmacy for over a year.
No Bachelors, just knocked out the pre-reqs.
I was an international student when I applied, however I'm now a Permanent US Resident (and not a resident of any state).

Just waiting for June 1st when they will have a pre-orientation website up and running. Then we will find out where the white coat ceremony will be and what the schedule will look like.

Accepted to OU :highfive: attending!!!

Anyone on the waitlist heard anything recently? I wonder how many people have been taken off the waitlist...

Yeah, I got in off the wait list but will be declining my seat because I was accepted into TTUHSU SOP. I love the school and their less rigorous curriculum but the thought of paying out of state tuition frightened me.......I hope an SDNer get my spot.

Hmm how exactly is OU less rigorous? :p

When I compared their class schedule with the one from TTUHSC SOP, it was less rigorous.You have morning classes only like twice a week......I love OU, the campus and the location.

When I compared their class schedule with the one from TTUHSC SOP, it was less rigorous.You have morning classes only like twice a week......I love OU, the campus and the location.

Lol, you only have twice a week morning classes, but you're there every afternoon until 4-5. I don't think OU is any less rigorous than anywhere else. And, the schedule change every semester. Third year I had to be there by 9 most days of the week and had module until 4-5

Hi guys :) I'm applying for the 2012 cycle and I was wondering how important are the supplemental essays are to the admission process. For example, what do they mean when they ask you to describe your contact with OU? Are they favoring people who've come to visit, etc?
Thanks!