University of New England Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"Appalachian"? :D
Congrats everyone!

I'm the same as SouCal... I try not to give my opinions anymore either. Just please remember that this entire application process should be tailored for YOU! I know everyone asks for second opinions but everyone is different with different backgrounds with different budgets and going to pharmacy school for different reasons ('tis true!)

At the end of the day, all you got is you and your decision.

How many people were at the interview on the 25th? I'm curious on how many seats are filled...

I think there was 40 (maybe a couple less)

Members don't see this ad.

"Appalachian"? :D
Congrats everyone!

I like Apadache. It sounds like a Jap clothing brand or Native American, Either one is cool!
It seems like they want to go overboard with interviews this year. More than 200 :eek:. We have got to bug Isaac about the matriculation packet?
I emailed Isaac and he said it would be sent out during Spring and Summer then he gave me a phone number to call if we have any question about living off campus. Sweet. It's on FB now.

Last edited:
Perhaps it's my turn to chime in now.

There were about 40 of us at the 3/25 interview. A few were from Cali, 2 from Oregon, 1 from Florida, Minnesota, Illinois, Texas, and some undergrads from Maine (already in UNE-Biddeford), etc I don't remember the rest. Almost fell asleep during the opening statement, good thing I didn't because my group was first to be interviewed, had to keep my brain ready.

They did announced that they got over 700 applicants! Interviewing 235-275 and accepting only 100. The next 2 (April) interview days are booked with about 40+ potential students. <-- that news almost made me poop in my pants bc there goes my chance of getting in.

Overall it was a good experience. Like everybody else that went to the interview said, the staff at UNE are well prepared to greet you and provide you with all the information about their program. I didn't care much about how the area is like bc I used to live in NH for about 5 years. I'm used to the cold winter and humid summers. It's all part of living in New England. I choose fresh air over smog any day.

Nothing else needed to add about the school, just read the posts from a few pages back by the other 2 SoCal-ers

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
i went to the march 25th interview, i still haven't heard anything from Isaac. is it a bad sign?

i went to the march 25th interview, i still haven't heard anything from Isaac. is it a bad sign?

I emailed him yesterday and he said I should hear from them by the middle of next week... so I think we're in the same mysterious boat

I emailed him yesterday and he said I should hear from them by the middle of next week... so I think we're in the same mysterious boat

i just emailed isaac, he said my file is still under review, they haven't discussed all candidates yet. All students have not received their decisions yet as our committee meets more than once to make decisions. Once I get a decision from them, I will let you know.

so don't worry and be happy

i just emailed isaac, he said my file is still under review, they haven't discussed all candidates yet. All students have not received their decisions yet as our committee meets more than once to make decisions. Once I get a decision from them, I will let you know.

so don't worry and be happy

I wonder how crazy we all drive Isaac after each session? Haha

This extended waiting game is no fun though

I actually got an interview from mercer in atlanta on april 29th? should i interview because of the top ranking? anyone?

Somewhat. I am also interviewing at U of Florida soon, so I'm still not sure yet. I should know in a few weeks.
Good luck, I think Don, who was accepted for UNE C/O 2015, is having an interview with that school also. He's an in state.

I actually got an interview from mercer in atlanta on april 29th? should i interview because of the top ranking? anyone?

Yes, go! It can't hurt you much to go because you did get into your top choice. Mercer sounds like a very well established school and Atlanta is a fun city. Your first choice can always be your back-up school if you happen to fall in love with Atlanta. GOODLUCK! :luck::xf:

Yes, go! It can't hurt you much to go because you did get into your top choice. Mercer sounds like a very well established school and Atlanta is a fun city. Your first choice can always be your back-up school if you happen to fall in love with Atlanta. GOODLUCK! :luck::xf:

i'm still debating. i felt like they invited me so late because i'm not their top choice applicant. i applied in like october/november. maybe they think i'm the leftover. i feel so bad

One of my friends got accepted for Mercer and Creighton Pharm.D. She said Mercer's program is solid and the area is good. May as well go for the interview. It doesn't hurt to have options. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
i also got interview invitation today from NOVA SOUTHEASTERN-WEST PALM BEACH CAMPUS. Should i turn it down because i heard a lot of negative things about nova? help please i heard they have accreditation problems too. i don't have money to interview with both mercer and nova. I can only afford one. so MERCER VS NOVA? ANYONE?

i also got interview invitation today from NOVA SOUTHEASTERN-WEST PALM BEACH CAMPUS. Should i turn it down because i heard a lot of negative things about nova? help please i heard they have accreditation problems too. i don't have money to interview with both mercer and nova. I can only afford one. so MERCER VS NOVA? ANYONE?

Mercer. Hands down.

Didn't u say Mercer was your first choice? Then what's so difficult?
You've mentioned many times that you got accepted into other schools. If money is an issue, then you don't need to go to anymore interviews. Be happy with the amount of interviews you received while other people are struggling to get even an opportunity.

You just answered your own questions!
Mercer! Goodluck! :thumbup: Don't feel bad, an invitation is an invitation. The last person accepted is still in the class photo with the first person accepted. Who would ever know?

Congrats on ALL of your invitations!

You just answered your own questions!
Mercer! Goodluck! :thumbup: Don't feel bad, an invitation is an invitation. The last person accepted is still in the class photo with the first person accepted. Who would ever know?

Congrats on ALL of your invitations!

Look at you getting all philosophical

thank you so much everyone for all your feedback. i'm going to take a chance at mercer and see what happened. does anyone know tips for booking cheap airfare and hotel? let me know thanks

thank you so much everyone for all your feedback. i'm going to take a chance at mercer and see what happened. does anyone know tips for booking cheap airfare and hotel? let me know thanks

Kayak.com it searches all the travel sites

Kayak.com it searches all the travel sites

thank you and i'm praying that we'll both get into une next week. also one questions: is the best day to book airfare on tuesday or wednesday?

thank you and i'm praying that we'll both get into une next week. also one questions: is the best day to book airfare on tuesday or wednesday?

http://www.ehow.com/i/#article_4610673

I'm crossing my fingers for you too. I'm glad that we're still in the running. I thought when I saw people getting accepted I definitely got canned... Now I juts thing maybe haha

wow i just got email from issac, accepted into UNE CLASS OF 2015 PHARMD PROGRAM. WOW this is exiciting. interviewed on march 25th, good luck with everyone else

Didn't u say Mercer was your first choice? Then what's so difficult?
You've mentioned many times that you got accepted into other schools. If money is an issue, then you don't need to go to anymore interviews. Be happy with the amount of interviews you received while other people are struggling to get even an opportunity.

Hi Sang Sanh, I dont know if there is one interview left (April 22) and i still dont hear anything from school. Issaac said that the decision will be made this mid-weekdays or next week. How far they let you know ahead b4 the interview day? any advice will be appreciated! Thanks!

thank you and what other schools are you waiting to hear from?

wow i just got email from issac, accepted into UNE CLASS OF 2015 PHARMD PROGRAM. WOW this is exiciting. interviewed on march 25th, good luck with everyone else

Congrats! I still haven't heard from him... things aren't looking good still haha. I am just waiting to hear back from UNE for the year. I am trying to overcome the waitlist slump I am in and actually just get accepted.

Congrats! I still haven't heard from him... things aren't looking good still haha. I am just waiting to hear back from UNE for the year. I am trying to overcome the waitlist slump I am in and actually just get accepted.

thank you and i wish everything works out with you :xf:good luck

wow i just got email from issac, accepted into UNE CLASS OF 2015 PHARMD PROGRAM. WOW this is exciting. interviewed on march 25th, good luck with everyone else

I'm sure Trong and Jeannie, both of whom are pro-UNE :)laugh:), will be giving you proper ecstatic welcomes and congratulatory posts once they check this thread. Congrats! :thumbup:

Hi everyone,
I posted my question about my status yesterday and called Isaac this morning. Just checked my email 30' ago .... interview invitation on April 22! Yeah!:love:
M from NYC, can you guys give me any tip for travel, airport, airfare, ...?:confused: Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm sure Trong and Jeannie, both of whom are pro-UNE :)laugh:), will be giving you proper ecstatic welcomes and congratulatory posts once they check this thread. Congrats! :thumbup:

Congrats, Danny was right Jeannie and I are both Pro-UNE. However, since you were accepted to many schools, I don't know if I should give you an one sided opinion yet. I would weight my options, if I were you. Tuition is in fact a big factor, and since UNE's tuition is so much higher than LECOM, your First choice school, I would reconsider carefully. Good luck with whichever school you end up at! I WOULD go for Mercer's interview though, my friend is a P2 there. HE LOVES IT!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I posted my question about my status yesterday and called Isaac this morning. Just checked my email 30' ago .... interview invitation on April 22! Yeah!:love:
M from NYC, can you guys give me any tip for travel, airport, airfare, ...?:confused: Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Good luck.:luck: I used expedia. But nycrxdream is from NYC also. You might want to ask him.

I just saw your post from a couple days ago, but you quoted your own previous post. I assume you were talking to me? :laugh: How did your interview at Appalachian COP go?

I still haven't decided yet. I sent my deposit to UNE to hold my seat just in case because I did really like the school, program, and area. I know that potentially throwing away $1,000 is a lot, but I felt that having to make the decision of where I want to spend the next four years would take a little more deliberation than just the 2 weeks UNE wanted an answer by. I didn't want to end up regretting my decision later. Did you end up sending in your deposit to UNE?
Yeah, I did the same thing. 1000 dollars is nothing if you think about how much this decision affects your entire life!! I got waitlisted at ACP so who knows what will happen in the end. As of now, I'm training my brain as if I am going to UNE so Im trying to prepare for the move there. Filled out my FAFSA and everything...this place is expensive! Which school are you leaning more towards for your decision?

if i had the option to choose schools, i'd go with the one that offers a good program with low tuition. UNE has high tuition but I have no other option...
in the end, you still get your doctorate and go on with your life. i did notice that UNE have scholarships but that's for 300+ (P1, 2, 3) pharm students. not very realistic (to me at least)

Congrats, Danny was right Jeannie and I are both Pro-UNE. However, since you were accepted to many schools, I don't know if I should give you an one sided opinion yet. I would weight my options, if I were you. Tuition is in fact a big factor, and since UNE's tuition is so much higher than your First choice school, I would reconsider carefully. Good luck with whichever school you end up at! I WOULD go for Mercer's interview though, my friend is a P2 there. HE LOVES IT!

I agree, please deeply weigh all your options. Obviously, deciding where to spend your next 4 years is very important decision and the last thing you'd want is regret (program / location / finances / etc). You got an interview invitation at your first choice Mercer, and you got an acceptance from your second choice LECOM. Two schools that are very well established, reputable, and accredited for many years.

I'm actually really curious because you asked us for our insights and opinions... what did you like about UNE so much that would make it to being one of your top choices? Also, perhaps candidates still interviewing or deciding might want your opinion now that you've visited the school??

Congrats and welcome to UNE's Class of 2015!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I used travelocity.com

Flew Delta from San Diego, CA for $300 something
Stayed at La Quinta Inn (free airport shuttle).
Used ASAP Taxi (207-791-ASAP // http://www.asaptaxi.net/)

:luck:

Don't lose hope! UNE pulls candidates off the waitlist even as late as June. I know that's probably not the best ideal time you'd like to hear an acceptance, but accepted candidates can still lose their seats (missed pre-requisite / accepted into another school / other circumstances).

You're not rejected! :xf:

best case scenario. using NJ as an example. if she decides to go to her first/second choice, she gives up her seat. that gives you an opportunity to take it pending on where you are on the waitlist. still a fighting chance.

Good luck.:luck: I used expedia. But nycrxdream is from NYC also. You might want to ask him.

Thank you. I have 2 interviews this week and UNE next week. Kind of close but I'm not gonna miss any since this is April, no more chance. Would you give me some tips for the UNE interview or any link that I can read? Any further help would not be hurt at all! :) Thanks!

Hi Sang Sanh, I dont know if there is one interview left (April 22) and i still dont hear anything from school. Issaac said that the decision will be made this mid-weekdays or next week. How far they let you know ahead b4 the interview day? any advice will be appreciated! Thanks!

well you got an interview. go nail it! read the last 8 or so pages, there are plenty of info about the interview.

i used yahoo travel coming from Cali. rate was decent. $372 roundtrip. only had to wait 1 hour each way during 1 flight change.

I agree, please deeply weigh all your options. Obviously, deciding where to spend your next 4 years is very important decision and the last thing you'd want is regret (program / location / finances / etc). You got an interview invitation at your first choice Mercer, and you got an acceptance from your second choice LECOM. Two schools that are very well established, reputable, and accredited for many years.

I'm actually really curious because you asked us for our insights and opinions... what did you like about UNE so much that would make it to being one of your top choices? Also, perhaps candidates still interviewing or deciding might want your opinion now that you've visited the school??

Congrats and welcome to UNE's Class of 2015!
Excuse me, madam. I didn't get accepted for LECOM, I got accepted for Regis besides UNE. And Mercer? I can't even dream of getting into Mercer. I already declined m seat for Regis so I don't think I need to give out any reasons for attending UNE. IT'S BECAUSE I HAVE NO CHOICE. HAHA.
I AM SO GONNA SPAM YOU JKONG!!!!:smuggrin::eek::smuggrin:

Don't lose hope! UNE pulls candidates off the waitlist even as late as June. I know that's probably not the best ideal time you'd like to hear an acceptance, but accepted candidates can still lose their seats (missed pre-requisite / accepted into another school / other circumstances).

You're not rejected! :xf:

best case scenario. using NJ as an example. if she decides to go to her first/second choice, she gives up her seat. that gives you an opportunity to take it pending on where you are on the waitlist. still a fighting chance.

I though he's still waiting for the result? Isaac said not til mid week right? Good luck!

Thank you. I have 2 interviews this week and UNE next week. Kind of close but I'm not gonna miss any since this is April, no more chance. Would you give me some tips for the UNE interview or any link that I can read? Any further help would not be hurt at all! :) Thanks!

Review your application, check out SDN's Interview feedback, and just think about the possible questions you'll be asked. I actually compiled a bunch of questions and on the flight there, I just wrote all my answers and thoughts down. It really helped in setting the mindset of what I have to offer and what I'm passionate about. Maybe it'll work for you?

Engage! Ask questions and talk to the students and faculty. Show interest in the school. It's not about them finding suitable candidates but also the time for YOU to ask yourself if this is the best school for YOU. Your investment, your money, your future. :luck:

Excuse me, madam. I didn't get accepted for LECOM, I got accepted for Regis besides UNE. And Mercer? I can't even dream of getting into Mercer. I already declined m seat for Regis so I don't think I need to give out any reasons for attending UNE. IT'S BECAUSE I HAVE NO CHOICE. HAHA.
I AM SO GONNA SPAM YOU JKONG!!!!:smuggrin::eek::smuggrin:

Ahem, kind sir...

*pew pew pew goes the sound of my little spam gun!*

:laugh:
:biglove:

:claps:
:lol:

I used travelocity.com

Flew Delta from San Diego, CA for $300 something
Stayed at La Quinta Inn (free airport shuttle).
Used ASAP Taxi (207-791-ASAP // http://www.asaptaxi.net/)

:luck:

Thanks, jkong! The first time i'm traveling to Portland, so excited. How far is the Hotel to UNE? how long does it take? How much does it cost for ASAP Taxi?:p Since the interview check in is early 8:15-8:45, I am thinking of renting a car. How do you think? How about the airport shuttle (in case I don't rent a car) if I want to catch the 6:00AM flight? I am sorry for being a bother. Thank!