University of New England Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nice! Ghana and Thailand! Wish we had rotations like that. Every school that i interviewed at had rotations out of state. At MCPHS we have six 6 week rotations our last year. It's gonna be a pita trying to find places to live for 6 weeks at a time!
But I guess finishing a year earlier will be worth it.

Thailand would be so cool! :D
Yeah, we do have students from Worcester doing their hours @Walgreens in CA. But then again, I would love to have Summers off so I can do hours or work to take some loads off the loan. I used to love 3 years program. Thailand is very cool indeed. Hope I would have the money to go!

Members don't see this ad.

How long does it take for you guys to know the result for the last interview cycle? Anybody heard anything yet? GOOD LUCK!!:luck::luck::xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody else received their financial aid award letter from UNE? I am afraid to accept the awards because I am still waiting for another schools admissions letter. And also, I could have sworn that because UNE is not yet accredited that we cannot get federal loans thru fafs.....At least thats what I remember them speaking of during the QA session after my interview. I am not sure what to think because my award letter has stafford loans and my graduate plus loan.

Does anybody know for a fact?

Thanks

Has anybody else received their financial aid award letter from UNE? I am afraid to accept the awards because I am still waiting for another schools admissions letter. And also, I could have sworn that because UNE is not yet accredited that we cannot get federal loans thru fafs.....At least thats what I remember them speaking of during the QA session after my interview. I am not sure what to think because my award letter has stafford loans and my graduate plus loan.

Does anybody know for a fact?

Thanks

You should qualify for all loans. Why not just call their Financial Aid office to clarify. They would know for sure. I am yet to receive mine. Do they give merit or need based awards?

You should qualify for all loans. Why not just call their Financial Aid office to clarify. They would know for sure. I am yet to receive mine. Do they give merit or need based awards?
Me neither, They have problems with my loan application. So They have to ask the IT guy to fix it before they can work on financial aids. You might want to call them!

Last edited:
Me neither, They have problems with my loan application. So They have to ask the IT guy to fix it before they can work on financial aids. You might want to call them!

I actually receive a letter to send some documents in to process my aid package. Hopefully, they process it soon.

Those who have been waitlisted, have you guys heard anything yet? i was in feb 18 intervview session. the waiting game is killing me. someone please tell me what my chances are.:(

Those who have been waitlisted, have you guys heard anything yet? i was in feb 18 intervview session. the waiting game is killing me. someone please tell me what my chances are.:(

You will be fine. The second deposit deadline of $1000 is due on June 1st. My guess is more seats will open up sometime after this date. So hold on tight.

Yea im about to give up my seat. Most likely I wont be attending this school. I loved the school and its great but its too far from me. Even though i know alot of people from ca are there, but that 10 hours of flight kills me. Still I havent decided yet but theres a good chance my spot will be given to someone lucky

I just got my acceptance via email today! WOOOOOT! I thought I was going to be waitlisted. Fist pumping so hardcore right now.

Thank you to everyone who helped!

I got my acceptance notice via email yesterday, too! This was always the school I most wanted to go to.

Also--my first time posting on SDN. I've been a lurker for months!:D

Last edited:
I just got my acceptance via email today! WOOOOOT! I thought I was going to be waitlisted. Fist pumping so hardcore right now.

Thank you to everyone who helped!
Congrats!

I got my acceptance notice via email yesterday, too! This was always the school I most wanted to go to.

Also--my first time posting on SDN. I've been a lurker for months!:D
Congrats!

We are on faceboook too (UNE pharm.D class of 2015). The page is open, but the group is set up under secret, so we can talk freely without the school finding out lol. I am under the admins for the page, if you'd like, add me or anyone on that page, we will be more than happy to add you to the group. (Jkong's name is pretty obvious on the page too :))

Members don't see this ad :)
You will be fine. The second deposit deadline of $1000 is due on June 1st. My guess is more seats will open up sometime after this date. So hold on tight.

thank you! I will wait

thank you! I will wait
Yeah, maybe someone will be kicked out by default, because I haven't received anything regarding the second deposit yet. There's another person from NY waiting too. I figure you guys/gals have to hang tight till 1-2 weeks after 06/01. Last year people got pulled from the waitlist like crazy. Good luck! :luck::luck:

Anyone have an idea as to where they'll be living next year? Or if any girls are still looking for a female roommate, PM me.

I'd ideally like no more than a total of 3 roomies. I'm quiet, clean up all public living quarters and respectful of other's privacies.

I guess I have to start planning for the big move cross country.

Definitely going to join the FB group!

This is going to sound really idiotic but how do I add myself to the facebook group? This the correct link right? http://www.facebook.com/pages/UNE-PharmD-Class-of-2015/139818502746315?sk=info ?

lol. That's our page for class of 2015, but we don't usually post on it anymore. Do you see any posts on that page, just add one of the members and s/he would be able to add you to the group (or my name would be under the admins). That's not the correct link for the group and sorry but if you do a search on facebook, the group page would NOT appear.

Last edited:
lol. That's our page for class of 2015, but we don't usually post on it anymore. Do you see any posts on that page, just add one of the members and s/he would be able to add you to the group (or my name would be under the admins). That's not the correct link for the group and sorry but if you do a search on facebook, the group page would appear. That, however,

fml!

Yeah, maybe someone will be kicked out by default, because I haven't received anything regarding the second deposit yet. There's another person from NY waiting too. I figure you guys/gals have to hang tight till 1-2 weeks after 06/01. Last year people got pulled from the waitlist like crazy. Good luck! :luck::luck:

thank you, i will keep my hope high. is there any ways to find out how many candidates are on waitlist? i really want to know where i stand.

thank you, i will keep my hope high. is there any ways to find out how many candidates are on waitlist? i really want to know where i stand.
I am not sure about that. I don't know if Isaac'd let you know. I emailed the other school I applied for about the waitlist thing and they were very NOT open about it.

I am not sure about that. I don't know if Isaac'd let you know. I emailed the other school I applied for about the waitlist thing and they were very NOT open about it.
Maybe they will let us know in a month.

hey guys ill be giving up my seat. so there will be one lucky person and i hope that person can represent the Hombe Heat at UNE. I fell in love with the school but not the state or city. ill be wasting my money in new york. best of luck to you all.

hey guys ill be giving up my seat. so there will be one lucky person and i hope that person can represent the Hombe Heat at UNE. I fell in love with the school but not the state or city. ill be wasting my money in new york. best of luck to you all.

Enjoy New York and best of luck in all your endeavors! :D

FYI, Tuition and fees for this year has been revised. I got an email about the UNE scholarship award. In it the updated tuition is now $32,210. The info I received during the interview has it listed as $30,990. Apparently, that was last year's tuition. These are the numbers I have so far.

Tuition $32,210
Program Fee $1,500
General Service Fee $520
Malpractice Insurance $75
Health Insurance $3,200
Total $37,505

So omitting the health insurance, the tuition is $34,305. Wow. What do you think?

FYI, Tuition and fees for this year has been revised. I got an email about the UNE scholarship award. In it the updated tuition is now $32,210. The info I received during the interview has it listed as $30,990. Apparently, that was last year's tuition. These are the numbers I have so far.

Tuition $32,210
Program Fee $1,500
General Service Fee $520
Malpractice Insurance $75
Health Insurance $3,200
Total $37,505

So omitting the health insurance, the tuition is $34,305. Wow. What do you think?

Wow thats hefty. Well I can only assume that tuition goes up each year :thumbdown:
Congrats on the scholarship!:thumbup: I wasn't offered one, boo.

Yeah, its a 4% increase. What I dont get is the program fee tagged to the already high tuition.

Has anybody found an apartment yet? I was looking online and found some place called Princeton Pines. Does anybody know about this place and how far it is from the University?

Has anybody found an apartment yet? I was looking online and found some place called Princeton Pines. Does anybody know about this place and how far it is from the University?

Are you set on UNE? :laugh:

I dont really know yet but I'm like 85 percent sure. I'm on the alternate list at ACP and havent heard anything back yet. For now, I will probably have to pay the second deposit due June 1st and just bank on UNE for now. I saw some lofty looking apts similar to what I'm used to in Houston so it won't be such a culture shock in Portland. Same price range as the other apt homes that I saw that I'm not too keen about:laugh:..What abt you? Weren't u waiting on a waitlist somewhere else as well?

I don't really know yet but I'm like 85 percent sure. I'm on the alternate list at ACP and haven't heard anything back yet. For now, I will probably have to pay the second deposit due June 1st and just bank on UNE for now. I saw some lofty looking apts similar to what I'm used to in Houston so it won't be such a culture shock in Portland. Same price range as the other apt homes that I saw that I'm not too keen about:laugh:..What about you? Weren't u waiting on a waitlist somewhere else as well?

Yes, I got put on the alternate list at the University of Hawaii at Hilo. I actually decided to attend Jefferson University. It was hard for me to turn down UNE because all of the incoming P1 class on Facebook seem really nice. As a matter of fact, some people on the Facebook group page are discussing housing and living arrangements right now. It might be something you want to look at if you are having concerns about where you want to live. If you would like, send me a link to your Facebook and I shall add you to the group. I'm still a member of the group because I like to know what's up and see what I'll be missing out on. I definitely plan to visit. :laugh:

I just e-mailed Isaac and informed him I am giving up my seat. I know my seat will be given to a well-qualified individual. It was a pleasure meeting you all and interacting with you on this forum.

I wish you all nothing but the best. :laugh:

Same here, I gave up my seat. Good luck to all of you and whoever is taking my spot, represent.

I just e-mailed Isaac and informed him I am giving up my seat. I know my seat will be given to a well-qualified individual. It was a pleasure meeting you all and interacting with you on this forum.

I wish you all nothing but the best. :laugh:

You better visit Danny :) We know way too many people.

Same here, I gave up my seat. Good luck to all of you and whoever is taking my spot, represent.
Congrats on getting into wherever you'll be in the fall! :)

Wow thats hefty. Well I can only assume that tuition goes up each year :thumbdown:
Congrats on the scholarship!:thumbup: I wasn't offered one, boo.

Dear Jeannie,
Congratulations! The UNE College of Pharmacy has awarded you a $5,000 Merit Scholarship based upon your academic achievement. This scholarship is provided for four years as long as you maintain a 2.5 GPA or better.

WHOO HOO!!!!
:love:

Dear Jeannie,
Congratulations! The UNE College of Pharmacy has awarded you a $5,000 Merit Scholarship based upon your academic achievement. This scholarship is provided for four years as long as you maintain a 2.5 GPA or better.

WHOO HOO!!!!
:love:

Congrats Jeannie. Man That's a lot of money. I guess I won't get any scholarships! So now you can afford studios/ apartment?
Good luck people on waitlist. It seems like some people declined their seats.
Good luck and congrats everyone who decided to go to other schools. We will be pharmacists in 3/4 years no matter what!!!

Last edited:
Congrats Jeannie. Man That's a lot of money. I guess I won't get any scholarships! So now you can afford studios/ apartment?
Good luck people on waitlist. It seems like some people declined their seats.
Good luck and congrats everyone who decided to go to other schools. We will be pharmacists in 3/4 years no matter what!!!

They might still award! I thought I was for sure not going to get a scholarship. Maybe they don't award you until you have sent in everything?? I sent in...
- final transcripts
- technical standards
- two $1,000 deposit

pending...
- physical
- immunization
- health history

They might still award! I thought I was for sure not going to get a scholarship. Maybe they don't award you until you have sent in everything?? I sent in...
- final transcripts
- technical standards
- two $1,000 deposit

pending...
- physical
- immunization
- health history
Nah I know the reason! Somebody doesn't like me!

No, I am still waiting. Do you think we still have some hope?
So far, I've known of one person getting off the waitlist, and 5 people giving up their seats. I would guess the waitlist will be pulled soon enough! Good luck! Last year people got pulled like crazy during the month before school starts!

I just received an e-mail yesterday stating that a spot is open. I already put down a $1500 deposit to another school, but I'm really thinking about New England now. It's gonna be a tough decision!

I really love that all of you guys are from Cali! Woohoo!

I had someone add me to the UNE College of Pharmacy Class of 2015 group on Facebook, but is there also another page? It looks like there are only 19 members on the one that I joined...

Congrats to those who are attending UNE and good luck to those wait listed! I have a good feeling more spots will open up... !

Woo Hoo! CONGRATS! :D

Whatever your decision is, congrats in getting into pharmacy school!

I just received an e-mail yesterday stating that a spot is open. I already put down a $1500 deposit to another school, but I'm really thinking about New England now. It's gonna be a tough decision!

I really love that all of you guys are from Cali! Woohoo!

I had someone add me to the UNE College of Pharmacy Class of 2015 group on Facebook, but is there also another page? It looks like there are only 19 members on the one that I joined...

Congrats to those who are attending UNE and good luck to those wait listed! I have a good feeling more spots will open up... !
Oh? Which page is that? Maybe someone else opened a page and we can combine the 2 of them. I only opened a page (with 37 members: UNE class of 2015) and a group.
Wow 1,500 is a lot to give up on!
Good luck!

I believe it is called 'UNE College of Pharmacy Class of 2015.'

Looks like I'm going to attend UNE. Like 90% sure.

Can anyone tell me what is so bad about Bayside Village apartments? I hear it's bad, but what is specifically bad about it? Any insight would be greatly appreciated! :)

I believe it is called 'UNE College of Pharmacy Class of 2015.'

Looks like I'm going to attend UNE. Like 90% sure.

Can anyone tell me what is so bad about Bayside Village apartments? I hear it's bad, but what is specifically bad about it? Any insight would be greatly appreciated! :)
If you find the UNE pharm.D P1 and P2 class, I forgot the links, sorry, but they were talking about it. I saw the other group, they just opened it recently. I already sent a message to see if Bryan can find a way to merge the 2 groups together.

Apartment Reviews: http://www.apartmentratings.com/

UNE College of Pharmacy Class of 2015: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_156188991114894&ap=1
UNE Pharm.D Class of 2015: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_186309781408160&ap=1

Bayside Village's reputation by Ian, Class of 2013:
Bayside is overpriced. At $650 per room, you are paying $2600 for 4 BR, 2 baths, and one common area. The average price for a 4 BR in Portland Maine, utilities included, is $1800/month. That’s a total of $800 more, or $200 more per person per month. As college students money is tight enough, why pay even more."
Link: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=79750718919&topic=9179
Yelp Review: http://www.yelp.com/biz/bayside-village-student-housing-leasing-office-portland
News Press: http://www.pressherald.com/business/bayside-village-will-start-changing-soon_2011-01-25.html
The operation of Bayside Village was taken over last summer by KeyBank, the original developer's lender, which filed papers saying the developer had defaulted on the $20.82 million mortgage it took out on the property in 2007.