University of New England Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks! Before the interview I was set on worcester but now im not so sure :)
Worcester is 3 years right? My coworker @walgreens got accepted for that school too. Do you want me to persuade you into attending UNE? lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow! What are the chances? I was in the yellow group also. I totally remember you. I was the Asian guy with the red/silver tie and kinda poofy hair. :laugh: I was the one that told you about going to DiMillo's for lobster while we were waiting for our interviews. Did you end up going to DiMillo's?

Congrats on your acceptance to UNE! I hope you hear good news from UT and good luck on your interview at Appalachian COP. I was also offered an interview from Appalachian COP, but decided to decline. Be sure to let me know where you decide to go. If we both go to UNE, I look forward to seeing you in the fall.
WOW! LOL, that's so funny cuz I definitely remember you. I did go to Demilo's and almost missed my flight because of it! I got caught up drinking wine and wonderful lobster...very different feel than Houston! Congrats to you too! Why did u decline ACOP? I am scared that it may be difficult for me to deal with an accelerated program and I dont know if I will go either but I just want to be able to choose I guess. Which other school did you get into? I suppose your gonna stick with UNE?

Worcester is 3 years right? My coworker @walgreens got accepted for that school too. Do you want me to persuade you into attending UNE? lol.
yea, its a three year program :) you and jkong have basically been the PR for UNE :)

Members don't see this ad :)
yea, its a three year program :) you and jkong have basically been the PR for UNE :)
Now That I have an offer from Regis SOP fortunately. I am on the same undeciding boat. Just hope it won't tip over lol. On the positive side, If you and J decide to go to UNE. Road Trip! lol

Last edited:
WOW! LOL, that's so funny cuz I definitely remember you. I did go to Demilo's and almost missed my flight because of it! I got caught up drinking wine and wonderful lobster...very different feel than Houston! Congrats to you too! Why did u decline ACOP? I am scared that it may be difficult for me to deal with an accelerated program and I dont know if I will go either but I just want to be able to choose I guess. Which other school did you get into? I suppose your gonna stick with UNE?

It sounds like you enjoyed DiMillo's, so I'm glad I was able to give you a good recommendation. How was their wine? I was too stuffed from the lobster to even bother trying the wine. :laugh:

I did some research on the area where Appalachian COP is located and didn't really find it very attractive. The campus is basically in the middle of nowhere. I definitely liked the area where UNE is located more, although I may be a little biased as I physically went to see UNE's campus. I liked the idea of an accelerated program since you will be done with school sooner, but I don't think being in school for 1 more year is really that big of a deal in the long run.

UNE and Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, PA are my top 2 choices right now (both of which I've been fortunate enough to be accepted to), so I'm debating between those 2 schools.

I got my interview confirmation phone call today... excitement and anxiousness has now doubled:xf:

Good luck this Friday 5th interview cycle candidates!
If you still have questions about what questions they ask, or about the area, or hotels to stay, this thread goes back to page 11. Start reading from that point forwards and you will get a sense of how the interview is conducted. And Be yourself, they actually read your statement!!!

Last edited:
How exciting, tomorrow is another interview date! :)
Best of luck!

How exciting, tomorrow is another interview date! :)
Best of luck!

It seems a bit surreal right now haha. Got in a couple hours ago now waiting for food. I expected Portland to be a bit more cityish instead of a town/city/rural/urban hybrid.

I'll let you all know the details tomorrow evening!

It seems a bit surreal right now haha. Got in a couple hours ago now waiting for food. I expected Portland to be a bit more cityish instead of a town/city/rural/urban hybrid.

I'll let you all know the details tomorrow evening!

yea... it's more town-ish than city :)
great thing is everything is really close.

Members don't see this ad :)
How are you guys doing? Still alive and kicking??!!

I am going to have interviews with UNE on April 22nd. It is funny that I will have interviews on April 8th at Husson, 04/15 Northstate CA and 04/22 UNE ...

Can someone elaborate more about the writing at UNE ?

People from CA, i'm so excited to see there are a lot of californians there :thumbup:

@ Soucal: which one are you going now? Regis or UNE ?

Just came from my interview at Appalachia. I enjoyed it and I think my interview went well. However, I don't know what to do because UNE deposit is due tomorrow but I'm still not sure if I want to go. Did you decide on which school you will go to? 3 years at Appalachia sounds nice but I don't know if will get it. Someone help me on this decision!! Ahhhhhhhh

I am going to have interviews with UNE on April 22nd. It is funny that I will have interviews on April 8th at Husson, 04/15 Northstate CA and 04/22 UNE ...

Can someone elaborate more about the writing at UNE ?

People from CA, i'm so excited to see there are a lot of californians there :thumbup:

@ Soucal: which one are you going now? Regis or UNE ?
Me no likey Regis, UNE all the way. LOL. Good luck with everything. Read through the pages, you will have some ideas what it's like.
The writing is a very small portion of the total grade. It's the least you should be worrying about, since you do it as a group.
PS: Northstate and Regis use the same teaching system: TBL: I don't do well in group. I rather surfer through the whole lecture than do TBL.

Me no likey Regis, UNE all the way. LOL. Good luck with everything. Read through the pages, you will have some ideas what it's like.
The writing is a very small portion of the total grade. It's the least you should be worrying about, since you do it as a group.
PS: Northstate and Regis use the same teaching system: TBL: I don't do well in group. I rather surfer through the whole lecture than do TBL.

That's good since the writing is a very small portion since I did well in the interview but bummed the writing in Pacific U 3 weeks ago :mad:

Awwww, writing really depends on the topic for me. Sometimes I did well, sometimes I can't find any ideas for the writing :thumbdown:

for those of you who are from CA what airlines did you take? ive checked all the flights and alot ic are in the 600-800 range. any suggestions?

So a little update from March 25 interview session. There were 40 of us and I think they said 40 for both April sessions as well (not saying that 40 will be there for each). They also said they are interviewing 250-300 not the 200 we all thought.

For the people that have been on the waiting list they said that they have gone to the waiting list every year and they will continue to take people off the waiting list up until the day school starts.

One more week until the judgement day for March 25. :xf:

Just came from my interview at Appalachia. I enjoyed it and I think my interview went well. However, I don't know what to do because UNE deposit is due tomorrow but I'm still not sure if I want to go. Did you decide on which school you will go to? 3 years at Appalachia sounds nice but I don't know if will get it. Someone help me on this decision!! Ahhhhhhhh

I just saw your post from a couple days ago, but you quoted your own previous post. I assume you were talking to me? :laugh: How did your interview at Appalachian COP go?

I still haven't decided yet. I sent my deposit to UNE to hold my seat just in case because I did really like the school, program, and area. I know that potentially throwing away $1,000 is a lot, but I felt that having to make the decision of where I want to spend the next four years would take a little more deliberation than just the 2 weeks UNE wanted an answer by. I didn't want to end up regretting my decision later. Did you end up sending in your deposit to UNE?

I just saw your post from a couple days ago, but you quoted your own previous post. I assume you were talking to me? :laugh: How did your interview at Appalachian COP go?

I still haven't decided yet. I sent my deposit to UNE to hold my seat just in case because I did really like the school, program, and area. I know that potentially throwing away $1,000 is a lot, but I felt that having to make the decision of where I want to spend the next four years would take a little more deliberation than just the 2 weeks UNE wanted an answer by. I didn't want to end up regretting my decision later. Did you end up sending in your deposit to UNE?

I have an interview at Appalachia in a couple weeks and if things work out there and at UNE *knock on wood* its definitely a hard decision to make. Location may be better at UNE, but cost of living is less at Appalachia and it would be a year less and $35,000 cheaper. A 3-year program is a little more intense, but they give a lot of breaks.

I saw that your status said accepted pharmacy student....Which school did you get into?

sorry for the late reply, been busy with school and stuff, i got into my first choice lecom-erie back in january, university of maryland eastern shore in early december, western new england college of pharmacy in january. i interviewed at UNE on march 25th, waiting to hear from them. congrats for getting into UNE, are you attending UNE?

I will be interviewing here on 4/8/11. Quick question. Do you get to pick from a list of writing topics or was one given to you to write about. How much time do you have to write it?

Last edited:
Good luck upcoming candidates!
Make sure you read back to page 11 for info about the interview. The writing is only a very small portion of total grade! And you do it in group! Don't worry too much!

For those of u who interviewed. how long does it take? Is it from 8-4? Im tryin to see if I can leave the same day or if I have to stay another night..

For those of u who interviewed. how long does it take? Is it from 8-4? Im tryin to see if I can leave the same day or if I have to stay another night..

I think you should be done by 2 or so if I remember correctly.

really? because the latest flight is at 6 and i was kind of worried I wont be able to make it....ah! thanks!

really? because the latest flight is at 6 and i was kind of worried I wont be able to make it....ah! thanks!

A guy in my group had a flight leaving at 4. I think I was back in my hotel by 130 or so. The last thing you do of the day is your tour, so it's possible to skip out early too if you are running out of time.

Are you still in between Husson and UNE?
And yes the interview was done by 1:40pm

Somewhat. I am also interviewing at U of Florida soon, so I'm still not sure yet. I should know in a few weeks.

Good luck upcoming candidates!
Make sure you read back to page 11 for info about the interview. The writing is only a very small portion of total grade! And you do it in group! Don't worry too much!

Thanks SouCal. Never done an essay in a group before. How does that work? do we answer the question as a group or do you mean we all do it together in the same room?

Sorry, maybe I'm over analyzing.

Thanks SouCal. Never done an essay in a group before. How does that work? do we answer the question as a group or do you mean we all do it together in the same room?

Sorry, maybe I'm over analyzing.

You get a case study kind of thing to read and then they group you up in 3-4 people to discuss it and gather ideas... then you go back by yourself and write your sample which is only about 1.5 pages handwritten limit.

I'll be flying in on 4/7/11. I've rented a car. If anyone needs a ride for the interview let me know. I'm gonna Recon for the campus when I land to be sure I know how to get there. I'll be staying near the airport. I don't leave till Sat so if any one wants to explore the city and go grab a bite I have a ride :)

I'm looking for any places that serve good Lobsters. Any suggestions?

You get a case study kind of thing to read and then they group you up in 3-4 people to discuss it and gather ideas... then you go back by yourself and write your sample which is only about 1.5 pages handwritten limit.

Thanks for clarifying Oregonite :)

Got conditionally accepted. Which means I'm in!

just received my acceptance email. :love::love:

Got conditionally accepted. Which means I'm in!

Congrats. Are you two attending? Join our group on facebook: UNE Pharm.D Class of 2015 Group

Things aren't looking good for me then haha. Isaac told me I wouldn't hear anything until next week. Oh well.
Someone I know got the same answer; However he was saying something about them wait for his Jan Pcat, cuz his previous PCat score wasn't satisfying. Did Isaac tell you any specific details or just asked you to wait? That seems odds if he just wants you to wait.

Congrats. Are you two attending? Join our group on facebook: UNE Pharm.D Class of 2015 Group

Someone I know got the same answer; However he was saying something about them wait for his Jan Pcat, cuz his previous PCat score wasn't satisfying. Did Isaac tell you any specific details or just asked you to wait? That seems odds if he just wants you to wait.

I only got 1 interview this year. So I'm automatically in.

Thanks for clarifying Oregonite :)
Oregonite was clear enough. I went to the light house after the interview, Nice view. They were out of lobster during Dec. Hopefully you would get some!

I only got 1 interview this year. So I'm automatically in.
Nice, I turned down Regis in Denver for UNE. SO I am very biased about UNE lol. That's why when someone is deciding which school to attend, I tend not to give out my opinions anymore haha.
I believe Jkong said that your name sounds like her dad's name! You should talk to her. She's in our group on facebook too.

Last edited:

He didn't say anything. He just said you should be hearing from us by the middle of the next week... So, since I am seeing people get acceptance emails today and that's what he responded to me today when I asked about the status for 3/25 I am going to assume I am waiting for my denial letter to get her the middle of next week. Weird he wouldn't just attach the letter with an email like the rest though.

He didn't say anything. He just said you should be hearing from us by the middle of the next week... So, since I am seeing people get acceptance emails today and that's what he responded to me today when I asked about the status for 3/25 I am going to assume I am waiting for my denial letter to get her the middle of next week. Weird he wouldn't just attach the letter with an email like the rest though.
If you are granted an interview, they either accept or waitlist you. People from waitlist get pulled like crazy last year, and seeing how many people had turned down their seats, this year will be the same. The bad thing about waitlist is that it gives you little time to prepare for your move. Apadache (I think that's how it spells), is cheaper anyway.

I already sent in my first deposit just to secure my seat but I still want to weigh my options. Congrats on getting into Lecom!! I actually wanted to apply there but ran out of money!! LOL!!! Good luck!!

Apadache (I think that's how it spells), is cheaper anyway.

"Appalachian"? :D
Congrats everyone!

I'm the same as SouCal... I try not to give my opinions anymore either. Just please remember that this entire application process should be tailored for YOU! I know everyone asks for second opinions but everyone is different with different backgrounds with different budgets and going to pharmacy school for different reasons ('tis true!)

At the end of the day, all you got is you and your decision.

How many people were at the interview on the 25th? I'm curious on how many seats are filled...