University of Minnesota Fall 2017 admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted at the Duluth campus today, interviewed on 1/20 :)

Congratulations!! I was wondering, what time did you receive the email?

Members don't see this ad.

Is there anybody who has been invited for the upcoming interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys! I interviewed on 1/19 and got an email saying that I was placed in a holding pool because Twin Cities has no more open spots. Does anyone know how many people are in this pool? She said there are people from Jan 13th and Jan 19th interviews in the pool but did not say how many actual people/what my spot in line is.

Last edited:
hey guys! I interviewed on 1/19 and got an email saying that I was placed in a holding pool because Twin Cities has no more open spots. Does anyone know how many people are in this pool? She said there are people from Jan 13th and Jan 19th interviews in the pool but did not say how many actual people/what my spot in line is.

I don't think they'll tell us how many people are in it. I did ask how/in what order you get out of the holding pool, and they said it is random. Just hope that lots of people are offered spots at Duluth. For every person that gets a spot at Duluth, another person will get out of the holding pool. :/

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think they'll tell us how many people are in it. I did ask how/in what order you get out of the holding pool, and they said it is random. Just hope that lots of people are offered spots at Duluth. For every person that gets a spot at Duluth, another person will get out of the holding pool. :/
so does that mean that there technically are spots left at the Twin Cities campus but it's just not proportional to the amount of spots left at Duluth? or are all of the seats actually already filled? also can people that are still interviewing get an acceptance while there are people in the holding pool, or if you get "accepted" do you automatically go into the holding pool now? sorry lots of questions haha the email was very vague

Last edited:
so does that mean that there technically are spots left at the Twin Cities campus but it's just not proportional to the amount of spots left at Duluth? or are all of the seats actually already filled? also can people that are still interviewing get an acceptance while there are people in the holding pool, or if you get "accepted" do you automatically go into the holding pool now? sorry lots of questions haha the email was very vague

No worries, it is pretty confusing, and I think my interview day was the first time they actually explained this whole thing to interviewees.

Yes, there are still spots left (I am guessing there are still about 30% of spots available) in the Twin Cities, but because they fill the programs proportionally, there is now a holding pool for the Twin Cities, meaning more of the students who have been offered admission picked that campus than Duluth. So also yes, people are still being accepted to the Twin Cities campus, but they are automatically going into the holding pool until Duluth fills proportionally. I think they are trying to encourage people to be open to both campuses from here on out so that Duluth will start to fill up.

No worries, it is pretty confusing, and I think my interview day was the first time they actually explained this whole thing to interviewees.

Yes, there are still spots left (I am guessing there are still about 30% of spots available) in the Twin Cities, but because they fill the programs proportionally, there is now a holding pool for the Twin Cities, meaning more of the students who have been offered admission picked that campus than Duluth. So also yes, people are still being accepted to the Twin Cities campus, but they are automatically going into the holding pool until Duluth fills proportionally. I think they are trying to encourage people to be open to both campuses from here on out so that Duluth will start to fill up.

I was wondering, if anyone knows.....if your admitted and placed in the holding pool do you pay the deposit at the time your placed in the holding pool? Or do you pay the deposit when you actually get a seat?

I was wondering, if anyone knows.....if your admitted and placed in the holding pool do you pay the deposit at the time your placed in the holding pool? Or do you pay the deposit when you actually get a seat?
I'm assuming you wait until you are actually offered a seat. When they emailed me saying that I was in the holding pool, they didn't mention anything about making a deposit, they just said that they would send out more info in a couple weeks!

Anyone heard back from the 1/27 interview yet?? I am also worried about this whole holding pool deal. Just read some other comments..so in theory if people who interviewed 1/27 get offered a spot at Duluth, people who were in the pool from previous interviews can get pulled out? so hopefully the pool is not dramatically growing in size

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm just wondering if any of you who got accepted to the Duluth campus decide to go there? Anyone from CA?

Anyone heard back from the 1/27 interview yet?? I am also worried about this whole holding pool deal. Just read some other comments..so in theory if people who interviewed 1/27 get offered a spot at Duluth, people who were in the pool from previous interviews can get pulled out? so hopefully the pool is not dramatically growing in size

I havent heard anything yet. I am worried about the holding pool too. They mentioned it during the interview day, but they didn't really emphasize it.

Last edited:
I havent heard anything yet. I am worried about the holding pool too. They mentioned it during the interview day, but they didn't really emphasize it.
hopefully we hear back by tomorrow! i guess best case scenario we get put into the holding pool

Members don't see this ad :)
hopefully we hear back by tomorrow! i guess best case scenario we get put into the holding pool
Yes! Keep our fingers crossed and stay positive! :)

I have been placed in the holding pool! Not thrilled about that, but I am thrilled about "being an excellent addition to the program!" It says we have to wait until March 3rd for an update regarding the status of the holding pool.

I have been placed in the holding pool! Not thrilled about that, but I am thrilled about "being an excellent addition to the program!" It says we have to wait until March 3rd for an update regarding the status of the holding pool.
Same here! Is there anyone from the 1/19 holding pool Who has been pulled out yet?

Same here! Is there anyone from the 1/19 holding pool Who has been pulled out yet?
I haven't yet :/ we are supposed to get more info on Friday so maybe they will let us know how many people are actually in it?

For anyone who is wondering, just got an email and there are currently 29 people in the holding pool. 10 from 1/19, 8 from 1/20, 4 from 1/27 and then 7 from 1/31 +2/3. All of the people from 1/13 have been offered spots, so that's good! It goes chronologically by interview date and then is randomized within that day.

I got in too! I am also in the Twin Cities holding pool. In my email it said there are 29 people in it and that people will be pulled out in order of their interview dates, but those from the same interview dates will be in a random order:

• January 19 (10 applicants)
  • January 20 (8 applicants)
  • January 27 (4 applicants)
  • January 31/February 3 (7 applicants)

Here's hoping we all make it out of the holding pool and officially into the program!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I know I am being antsy, but has anyone heard anything about being pulled out of the holding pool?

Withdrawn from my Duluth spot. Hardest decision ever. Good luck to everyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using SDN mobile

Hey guys, I know I am being antsy, but has anyone heard anything about being pulled out of the holding pool?

Nothing here, although you're all ahead of me, so you'll definitely hear first. I have a feeling it will be another week or so since they need to fill more spots at Duluth before anything can change.

I have been in the pool for two and a half weeks now and still haven't been pulled out so i'm guessing it might take a while longer :( my group is up next but i'm sure with my luck it'll randomize me to number ten lol. Totally a guess but i feel like they are offering like 2-3 duluth spots each week so it could take a while to get through 29 people

Last edited:
Got pulled out of the holding pool this morning! Does anyone know when/how we get invited to join like the official facebook group for our class?

Got pulled out of the holding pool this morning! Does anyone know when/how we get invited to join like the official facebook group for our class?
If you look up University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy Class of 2021 it should pop up as a closed group and then I just asked to join and was accepted later that day. Glad to have you! I feel like most people on the page are accepted at Duluth!

I am going to U of M at Twin Cities for March 10 interview. Is anyone going as well?

I am going to U of M at Twin Cities for March 10 interview. Is anyone going as well?

Hello, would you be able to provide the admission statistics after your interview? I wish they would keep us posted on their statistics, but they don't. If you could post, that would be greatly appreciated! They will provide them to you at your interview, it will be in your interview folder. Thank you and Good luck!:)

My interview day group is now at the top of the list! 4 more people got in this morning. Does anyone have updated stats on how full it is?
I was really hoping I would get a spot today, so I'm a little disappointed.

Hi, this is from 3/10 interview:

1/27- 4 applicants (so I guess these ppl got in yesterday)
1/31 & 2/3- 7 applicants
2/10- 6 applicants
2/24- TBA
3/3- TBA
3/10- TBA

78% filled seats to date

Good luck everyone!

Let say 160 is normal seating. So 78% ~ 125 seated 35 more.to go I suppose.

I've paid my deposit!! Now the count down begins!!:soexcited:

I got my admission packet this afternoon! I've never been so excited to fill out paperwork!

Congrat. Welcome aboard. Remember to join the fb group

I've searched it, but it's not coming up. Pretty much every other class group is, so I don't know what I am missing...
I couldn't find it either, but the link should be in the email they send you after you submit your paperwork, otherwise the group is U of MN PharmD Class of 2021. I can't wait to meet everyone!

I'm hoping to be a part of the pharmacy class of 2022! I'm excited for you guys, I'm driving up to Duluth next week for preview day. I live in the Twin Cities and am excited to go see the campus up there. I have already met with the pharmacy school down in the twin cities, I know they recommend getting to the Duluth campus as well. After some soul searching, I pretty much have decided that MN is my top choice for some factors like they will take my prereqs from undergrad. I'm a nontrad student who is doing a diy prepharm post-bac.

I'm hoping to be a part of the pharmacy class of 2022! I'm excited for you guys, I'm driving up to Duluth next week for preview day. I live in the Twin Cities and am excited to go see the campus up there. I have already met with the pharmacy school down in the twin cities, I know they recommend getting to the Duluth campus as well. After some soul searching, I pretty much have decided that MN is my top choice for some factors like they will take my prereqs from undergrad. I'm a nontrad student who is doing a diy prepharm post-bac.
I am also a non-traditional student. I am glad others like me exist!:highfive:

I am in the non-traditional boat as well! I have a bachelor's in history and I'm currently finishing up my post-bacc pharmacy pre-reqs. :)

I'm making the push for application this fall. Where you live? I haven't met a lot of people who are nontrad's right now. It's nice to see people, it seems like MN is really trying to recruit more of us. :highfive:

Hi, I interviewed on 3/10 and was put on a ranked waitlist today.
Does anyone know if the rank is based on interview dates or grades?
I am really hoping to hear back by May/early June, but I don't know my number, yet.

Hi, I interviewed on 3/10 and was put on a ranked waitlist today.
Does anyone know if the rank is based on interview dates or grades?
I am really hoping to hear back by May/early June, but I don't know my number, yet.

From what I understand, the ranked wait list is basically the admissions committee's rank of who they think should be admitted and in what order. So it's based on your entire application, not just grades. When they set the ranks in May and release them, I would imagine people from different interview dates will be all mixed up and listed in an order based entirely on application materials and interview.

I'm non-traditional, too. Bachelors in child
Psych from the U, pharmacy pre reqs at MCTC and Metro State! And I'm going to Duluth this fall!

From what I understand, the ranked wait list is basically the admissions committee's rank of who they think should be admitted and in what order. So it's based on your entire application, not just grades. When they set the ranks in May and release them, I would imagine people from different interview dates will be all mixed up and listed in an order based entirely on application materials and interview.
That makes sense to me. Thanks for your input. I hope I get a good number.

I'm non-traditional, too. Bachelors in child
Psych from the U, pharmacy pre reqs at MCTC and Metro State! And I'm going to Duluth this fall!
That is exciting. If you can pm a little bit more of your story. Why you chose Duluth? Stats? Thanks!

Last edited:
Is there anyone who knows the admission statistics after an interview of 4/7? If possible, could you share?

can y'all post ur stats if you got in already? Thanks