University of Minnesota Fall 2017 admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

McAwesome813

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interviewing at the U this weekend and am pretty excited/nervous. The one-on-one style for 45 minutes is slightly nerve-wracking. Any tips on what questions they might ask and what sort of questions to ask them?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm interviewing at the U this weekend and am pretty excited/nervous. The one-on-one style for 45 minutes is slightly nerve-wracking. Any tips on what questions they might ask and what sort of questions to ask them?

Thanks!
Congrats!! I just got my interview email today, I'm so excited/nervous also. Let me know how yours goes!

Congrats!! I just got my interview email today, I'm so excited/nervous also. Let me know how yours goes!
I *think* it went awesome! My interviewer was so nice and it was really just a casual conversation about how much I love pharmacy. Good luck with yours!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay!! That is so great to hear!! Did they say how long it would take to get a response? My interview is Nov 18th.

They said the response could come earliest on the Wednesday before thanksgiving or latest on 11/28. I interviewed on 11/4.

Last edited:
I am sooooo envious for your interview invites, well done! I was wondering if you guys could share, how long after you submitted your supplementals did you hear back for your interviews?

Last edited:
I submitted it on Nov 2nd and got the invite on Nov 4th

I submitted it on Nov 2nd and got the invite on Nov 4th

Holy smokes that was super fast!!!
May i ask how long it took for you to receive your supplementals after you submitted your Pharmcas application?

Same amount of time. Submitted my PharmCas on 10/19, and got the supplemental invite on 10/21!

How did your interviews go guys? I was wondering did they tell you guys how may seats have already been filled and how many interviews they've had already?

Last edited:
How did your interviews go guys? I was wondering did they tell you guys how may seats have already been filled and how many interviews they've had already?
It went amazing for me. 110 interviewed, 19% of spots filled.

Got accepted with an OOS scholarship! Now I'm so torn between UMN and another school...

Got accepted with an OOS scholarship! Now I'm so torn between UMN and another school...
Oh man! How exciting!! Congrats!! UMN is my first choice!! What were your stats and pharmacy experience like?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on Nov. 4th.

My undergrad GPA is 3.7 overall, biochemistry major, science GPA 3.55, 97th percentile overall PCAT. I worked in a pharmacy in high school (not in college), shadowed some retail and clinical pharmacists, and have been doing research throughout college and until now.

How about you, opie337? And are you a MN or WI resident, just out of curiosity? And I hope you'll get into your first choice!!! Go Gophers!

I'm a MN resident now, but went to high school in WI. Did my undergrad at UMN. But I'm a non traditional student, child psych degree, speech language hearing science minor and was pre-OT. Worked in retail since 16, so 9 years. 2 of which I was the team lead in the pharmacy. Lots of leadership in high school. Decent amount of volunteering at nursing homes and at schools. Overall GPA was like 3.3, science like 3.5 and 68 PCAT. Pretty average academic stats. Did some shadowing in an infusion chemo pharmacy and some informational interviews while preparing for my app. I interviewed on Nov 18th and it went really great!! I'm hoping that all of the other stuff makes up for my academics.

I'm a MN resident now, but went to high school in WI. Did my undergrad at UMN. But I'm a non traditional student, child psych degree, speech language hearing science minor and was pre-OT. Worked in retail since 16, so 9 years. 2 of which I was the team lead in the pharmacy. Lots of leadership in high school. Decent amount of volunteering at nursing homes and at schools. Overall GPA was like 3.3, science like 3.5 and 68 PCAT. Pretty average academic stats. Did some shadowing in an infusion chemo pharmacy and some informational interviews while preparing for my app. I interviewed on Nov 18th and it went really great!! I'm hoping that all of the other stuff makes up for my academics.

Last edited:

Congrats on the being accepted and the OOS scholarship! Did you receive a package via snail mail or was this included in the email? Also, where are you from? (if you don't mind me asking!)

The waiting is killing me!! Did you find out on the day they said they would notify you by it earlier? I got accepted to Concordia this week, so it's a relief to know that I'll be in pharmacy school, but the U is my first choice. I interviewed on 11/18 and they said they would email by Dec 9th.

I found out on 12/1, which is one day earlier than they said they would notify us.

The waiting is killing me!! Did you find out on the day they said they would notify you by it earlier? I got accepted to Concordia this week, so it's a relief to know that I'll be in pharmacy school, but the U is my first choice. I interviewed on 11/18 and they said they would email by Dec 9th.

Congrats on being accepted at Concordia. Looks like we still have a week to wait. Interviewed the same day as you. Good luck!

Hey congratulations, aforetime, opie337 and Selamselam!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, ow long did pharmacas take to verify your transcripts?

Hey guys, ow long did pharmacas take to verify your transcripts?

It took 8 days for me - I submitted my PharmCAS application on 10/05, and it was verified on 10/13. I think that was partly because my transcripts were all received by 08/01, though.

Do you guys think they will send out interview invites over the holiday break?

I got accepted to the program as well. seems like it will be a fun ride. my interviewer was a tough one
not laid back. questions are pretty in depth related to my personal statement.

Hey guys, would you mind giving an update on where the U is with how many seats have been filled and how many interviews they've had? thank you!

Last edited:
Hey guys, would you mind giving an update on where the U is with how many seats have been filled and how many interviews they've had? thanks you!
When I interview on Dec 9. there is total 120 interview and 38% seat filled.

I did too! Which campus will you be interviewing at?
Duluth! Hoped for TC but oh well, since there's no influence on the decision itself, I'd just check out what Duluth is like as well

Duluth! Hoped for TC but oh well, since there's no influence on the decision itself, I'd just check out what Duluth is like as well
I can't get to the Duluth campus, so I had to reschedule for the 27th at Twin Cities. Good luck to you!

Hey guys, my interview is coming up and I just wanted to know if interviews were open or closed? Do they have any idea of who you are or are they just looking at your information for the first time?

Hey guys, my interview is coming up and I just wanted to know if interviews were open or closed? Do they have any idea of who you are or are they just looking at your information for the first time?
It maybe different for each batch of interview. For my batch they do partial open. Meaning. Only personal and supplimental essay are known to them. No pcat or gpa provide

OP here, for some reason I had to make a new account. My interview was the same way. My interviewer had read my personal statement and spent most of the time asking questions about that. Then they had some questions that they have to ask everyone that related to the field of pharmacy as a whole and the U. Everyone who interviewed that day said there interviewer was very personable. I interviewed 11/4 and was accepted the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Does anyone know how many seats have been taken? I have a friend interviewing in a few weeks.

OP here, for some reason I had to make a new account. My interview was the same way. My interviewer had read my personal statement and spent most of the time asking questions about that. Then they had some questions that they have to ask everyone that related to the field of pharmacy as a whole and the U. Everyone who interviewed that day said there interviewer was very personable. I interviewed 11/4 and was accepted the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Does anyone know how many seats have been taken? I have a friend interviewing in a few weeks.
My friend interviewed 2 weeks ago and say it is 52% filled when she interview.

Joining the party here, I interviewed on 2/3, and the stats were the same (52% full). It sounded as though that's where it's been for awhile, but that should be changing in the next couple of weeks. I am supposed to hear back by 2/24.

Bad news for those of us wanting to go to the Twin Cities campus: they already have a holding pool started because more people have been accepted with that preference than have students wanting Duluth. :(

I think it's best to wait because the interview on 1/20 was likely the first interview for the Spring as their Spring semester probably started that week.
Edit: Did not see earlier the post that mentioned there was a 1/13 interview. Man that'd be unfortunate if there's a holding pool already -.-
Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using SDN mobile

Last edited:
I think it's best to wait because the interview on 1/20 was likely the first interview for the Spring as their Spring semester probably started that week.
Edit: Did not see earlier the post that mentioned there was a 1/13 interview. Man that'd be unfortunate if there's a holding pool already -.-
Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using SDN mobile

Accepted at the Duluth campus today, interviewed on 1/20 :)