University of Miami Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Valid.. But, all those objectives could have been met interviewing 100 applicants less.

Members don't see this ad.

I had my interview BEFORE Thanksgiving and just found out Friday (2 days ago) that I got in. Don't sweat it if you just interviewed and haven't heard anything. You could be like me and wait it out 3 months.

It took 3 months for them to tell you?? Wow, that's crazy. I interviewed 2/12, and I just got an acceptance letter yesterday, 2/27. Did you decide if you're going there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah it was a little weird. I figured they might have been waiting to compare me to everyone but then I found out they were still interviewing when they sent out my letter so I'm not sure what the reason was. I haven't decided yet. I'm trying to weigh out three schools right now- not easy! Have you decided?

I'm just curious for those of you who have already been accepted. Did they send you an e-mail before you received your letter? When I interviewed that is what they told us - they would e-mail us to let us know if we were accepted, put back in the application pool, or rejected. I'm just curious because I haven't heard anything back yet. Thank you!

I just got a certified letter but no email. It was kinda weird though cuz about 4 or 5 days b4 I got the letter I got an email asking about transcripts and volunteer hrs and I had already had those on my PTCAS. When I told them I had already submitted that I was told everything was fine and I got the letter 4 or 5 days later. I then emailed them to say I received it.

Not only did I NOT get an e-mail, but they told me I wouldn't find out anything until March and then a few days later I get a certified letter in the mail.

MMM- they said the same to me, but I never got an email, just the certified letter. And yeah, DPTbull, I'm definitely going there

I didn't receive an email either... I interviewed 1/29 and received a certified letter on 2/12.

Did anyone else apply to either Temple or MGH?

I didnt recieve an email just the certified letter.

Congrats dpt4me! Have you decided to go to Miami??

Hello to all the UM c/o 2013 people! Anybody know how to (or have any suggestions) on ways to find roommates? I was wondering if someone will be making a facebook group or something because I believe that's what they did last year...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I saw the facebook group thing from last year too and they did a roommate thing that seemed really helpful. Make a facebook group I'll join! Let me know :). I also need to figure out this housing situation!!

I've been hoping there would be a facebook group too. I also think it was a great idea to do what the incoming students did last year. They posted information about themselves, what type of living situation they were looking for, what they wanted in a roommate etc.

Very excited to start meeting everyone in the class! :)

Anyone receive rejection/wait list letters yet? Its been about 4 weeks since interview... Hope to find out soon so I can finalize my decision as to which school ill be attending.

H82 - I interviewed 2/5 as well and still haven't heard anything...we're in the same boat.

I interviewed on 2/12 and haven't heard a thing

Yeah imagine my surprise getting a certified letter three and a half months after my interview. You will all be hearing one way or another soon- it starts in almost 2 months so they don't have a lot of time to drag this out. :)

I got a letter yesterday informing me that I am on the alternate list. I interviewed on 2/26 and was surprised to hear back so soon!

Everyone on the fence or entertaining other offers: make up your damn minds! :laugh:

Last edited:
did they send letters in the mail?

Does anyone know how the alternate list works? Is each student ranked or given a number?

Got in and sent my deposit!! Has anyone on here been confirmed in the official facebook group yet? Also has anyone begun to look at housing yet or hear from the financial aid department in regards to our SAR?

I requested more info about the alternate list when I responded to confirm my intent to enroll.

Has anyone else gotten any more detailed info about their procedure?

I'm on 3 wait lists and waiting to hear back from 3 other schools, I don't know what to do with myself. :laugh:

has anyone found out about their alternate position at UM?

has anyone found out about their alternate position at UM?

I called and they said they don't release any info about how many are on the list, or where on it you stand as a candidate.

I was told the class is currently full and they will call upon alternates as necessary. (I'm praying for a call either this week or next...:xf:)

Even if I don't get in this time around, I know I can get in if I reapply and interview early enough...UMiami is pretty much the only program that has even given me the time of day.

They have seen my dedication to PT as my career choice and if I can interview and be an alternate for the #7 program in the nation while pretty much being ignored by programs that don't rank nearly as high, I think Miami is the place for me.

I'm so sick of retaking classes at a community college in attempt to prove myself to all of these programs I am applying to, and I'm about to have to go through it again for physics...but I guess if I just have to take the classes, put in minimal (and I stress minimal) effort in order to simply have an A on my record as opposed to a B or C+ from a school that ACTUALLY challenged me intellectually, then so be it.

/rant

Hey can any of you elaborate a little more on the interview process at UM? I have an interview next month and have no clue what to expect as it is my first DPT school interview in general. What questions were you guys asked? Behavioral? Situational? PT knowledge? Personal goals?

My best advice to you would be to prepare your own questions, interviewers love it when they get asked questions, too! It shows that you have done some research on the program and you are weighing your options.

Also, read up on Vision 2020 (APTA website) and be able to talk about your career goals in PT, both clinically and research-wise.

Walk in with confidence and be prepared, you'll do great!

I rocked the interview at UM but unfortunately didn't get in, I'm currently enrolled at Mount Saint Mary's College DPT program in Los Angeles.