University of St. Augustine vs. USA Miami (DPT) Cost of living, Pros & Cons

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ten93

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I applied to the University of St. Augustine campus for the Spring 2018 start date but am also contemplating switching to the new St. Augustine campus in Miami. I was curious to know if there are any DPT students on here currently attending the St. Augustine campus in Miami or any DPT students currently living in Miami. I would like to know how much monthly rent is near campus and if you have any input on why you chose to move to Miami for PT school. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I applied to the University of St. Augustine campus for the Spring 2018 start date but am also contemplating switching to the new St. Augustine campus in Miami. I was curious to know if there are any DPT students on here currently attending the St. Augustine campus in Miami or any DPT students currently living in Miami. I would like to know how much monthly rent is near campus and if you have any input on why you chose to move to Miami for PT school. Thank you.

I am in the process of applying to St. Augustine. They emailed me asking if I wanted to apply at Miami campus instead. I'm unsure on whether I should choose Miami instead. What did you end up choosing?

I am in the process of applying to St. Augustine. They emailed me asking if I wanted to apply at Miami campus instead. I'm unsure on whether I should choose Miami instead. What did you end up choosing?
this was for the spring semester or the summer? I applied to the St.Augustine campus for the summer semester I imagine Miami cost of living would be a bit more expensive. You can compare the rents of apartments on craigslist for a rough idea.

Members don't see this ad :)
this was for the spring semester or the summer? I applied to the St.Augustine campus for the summer semester I imagine Miami cost of living would be a bit more expensive. You can compare the rents of apartments on craigslist for a rough idea.

They told me to apply for Miami Spring semester. I don't really want to live in Miami so I think I will stick to St. Augustine Fall 2018. Not looking forward to the cost of tuition itself.

They told me to apply for Miami Spring semester. I don't really want to live in Miami so I think I will stick to St. Augustine Fall 2018. Not looking forward to the cost of tuition itself.
Did you apply late? if so st Augustine seat's might have filled their seats. Not sure if they are still doing interviews, they still might be due to interviews being push back cause of the hurricane. I see the website says they are still accepting for the Miami campus so your chances of acceptance might be higher there. Good luck in what ever you choose!l

COL in Saint Augustine will be much more reasonable. I rented a one-bedroom condo 2 miles from the school from 2012-2015 for $800/mo. Good luck finding that in Miami. What is tuition at USA these days? $14k/trimester?

Reactions: 1 user
COL in Saint Augustine will be much more reasonable. I rented a one-bedroom condo 2 miles from the school from 2012-2015 for $800/mo. Good luck finding that in Miami. What is tuition at USA these days? $14k/trimester?
Almost 13k/trimester, on a side note since you lived 2 miles awsy from campus did you own a car while going to school or did you walk/public transportation?

Almost 13k/trimester, on a side note since you lived 2 miles awsy from campus did you own a car while going to school or did you walk/public transportation?

I did the American thing and drove. SR 312 is not safe for pedestrians.

Reactions: 1 user