University of Maryland Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
^ Yup, my interview was on Jan 30th, so you should hear 2-3 weeks after the deadline. Good luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

If it's similar to last year, interviews started Jan 29 and lasted until Feb 25 (they had to push a date back due to snow closings). Acceptances went out at the beginning of March. Waitlists started at the end of March. Hope that helps.
Sounds good -thanks!

Intervied January 29th. Got accepted today. Maryland class of 2015 ladies and gentlemen! May the crappy job market turn into a beautiful flower by then.
To all you pharms out there: make the profession flourish before I graduate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Intervied January 29th. Got accepted today. Maryland class of 2015 ladies and gentlemen! May the crappy job market turn into a beautiful flower by then.
CONGRATS - that's awesome news!:highfive: ...and amen about the job market!;)

Amen!!

IMPORTANT!!!!!!

There are several internal processes that go into making decisions. I wont go into details, but just because you do not hear back within 2-3 weeks doesn't mean anything. So to those of you still waiting, I am sticking with my mid-march prediction for a good number of you.

Just trust me on this one...

does anyone know if adcom will meet this week?

I will be attending University of Maryland Pharmacy in the class of 2015!
I interviewed on 1/29/11.
I am looking into housing. I am not from Baltimore and have never lived in a big city. I was considering living in Fayette square housing in one of their 4bedrooms because it seems safe and I like having a lot of roommates. Any comments on Fayette square housing? Is it common for first year pharmacy students to live on campus housing?

Yes, it is very common. Many new students choose to live on campus their first years, make friends, and then move off campus because its far cheaper. Alternatively, you will have an opportunity to meet classmates at the June Welcome Day and if you make friends there, get a place together.

If you are most worried about safety and don't want to live in a house, there are a number of reasonably priced off campus apartments with 24-hour doormen... and they are all within a 10 minute walk to Pharmacy Hall.

I guess this question is for all the P4's. I was wondering how many of you plan on pursuing a PGY1 or PGY2 residency. I know residencies are really competitive these days. Besides having good grades, what would you recommend that I do to prepare or make myself more competitive as an applicant?

I guess this question is for all the P4's. I was wondering how many of you plan on pursuing a PGY1 or PGY2 residency. I know residencies are really competitive these days. Besides having good grades, what would you recommend that I do to prepare or make myself more competitive as an applicant?

I'm not a P4... but let me ask you this: if you were interviewing applicants for a postgraduate residency, what would you want in a candidate? Obviously, you want technical aptitude. Outside of that... what else?

I'm not a P4... but let me ask you this: if you were interviewing applicants for a postgraduate residency, what would you want in a candidate? Obviously, you want technical aptitude. Outside of that... what else?

What were all of your stats that got into UM?