University of Maryland Class of 2010 part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SuzieQ3417 said:
We had to get over into an exit-only right lane, and ended up cutting into a funeral procession near I-95. Needless to say the procession was not too happy, and we had this woman screaming at us and flipping us off, trying to run our vehicle off the road.

L...M...A...O...

SQ, I was literally JUST lamenting with my roommate about 15 minutes ago about how many f'ing FUNERAL PROCESSIONS we see on Washington Blvd. I swear to god, it's at least 1 per day. There's this church near S. Carey street and WB where I sat for a half hour one day, while close to SEVENTY CARS went by. I was honking at the guy in front of me, who wasn't budging, so pulled up next to him to pass him when I realized that everyone in the oncoming lane had their headlights on. I was totally mortified and just sat there sheepishly, until I realized that there were like 10 cars per light, which is absolutely ridiculous. We were seriouly sitting there forever! Talk about an abuse of the system...geesh. I've already had to figure out an alternate route due to the trains (remember that night with you and Todd when the train was going by?? Well, it happens more often then I'd like :) ), I think I probably need to come up with one for funerals.

Not to sound callous or anything, but when you are tired, cranky, smelling like formaldehyde, and just want to go home and take a shower, it's tough to respect even the dead.

Members don't see this ad.

Off for 3 days in Atlantic City guys, see you on the flip side. SO happy to have a break, as the commute and the 10-hour days are wearing me thin. Can't wait until work is done, even if I am consulting, cause I can't take much more of this and I'm starting to worry I'm going to be too burnt when school starts with only 10 days between. I wish I was you Ari... Vienna sounds perfect about now! Curses on you money!!

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?" :oops:

Yeah, well the lilies might have funky duds but they do not have mortgage payments or medical school tuition. :rolleyes:

Finally got my packet today. It contains:
Health forms ..ooh!
Community activities, orientation schedule and events, student groups, information about the Anatomy course and required materials on day 1, BigSib/LittleSib assignments, Parking information, and other little things like this.

Nothing major, but at least its something! I feel like I'm actually attending school in the fall now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cozmosis said:
Finally got my packet today. It contains:
Health forms ..ooh!
Community activities, orientation schedule and events, student groups, information about the Anatomy course and required materials on day 1, BigSib/LittleSib assignments, Parking information, and other little things like this.

Nothing major, but at least its something! I feel like I'm actually attending school in the fall now.
Did they send it to your local or permanent address?
And on a side note...I hate filling out health forms. I can never remember the dates of my shots, and it seems like they always have you fill out the same info over and over again. We need a national health database or something so your medical record can be accessed anywhere. But I guess that would be incredibly expensive as well as raise privacy issues.

alesdu1 said:
I am not a resident of Maryland who badly wants to attend UM SOM. I know all the stats pertinent to my situation...about 3000 out of staters, 150 are accepted, only about 10 will actually choose to go. Anyone on here one of that 10 (+ or -)?

Other than the obvious (do well on the MCAT, high GPA) any other suggestions to land a spot in the class? I'll be applying for the Class of 2012. I'd really appreciate it! I spent a week in DC this summer and took a MARC up to Baltimore...the facilities were absolutly stunning!

really?? only 10? well i'm #2 of ten. or 3...i haven't read the other posts.

alesdu1 said:
I am not a resident of Maryland who badly wants to attend UM SOM. I know all the stats pertinent to my situation...about 3000 out of staters, 150 are accepted, only about 10 will actually choose to go. Anyone on here one of that 10 (+ or -)?

Other than the obvious (do well on the MCAT, high GPA) any other suggestions to land a spot in the class? I'll be applying for the Class of 2012. I'd really appreciate it! I spent a week in DC this summer and took a MARC up to Baltimore...the facilities were absolutly stunning!

i also got in as OOS even though I live in MD, primarily because I have an OOS license and registration. Paying $40,000 in tuition seemed outlandish to say the least so I petitoned for IS status, and was denied. I appealed the decision, and met with Mr. Thomas Day in person to plead my case. He encouraged me to thoroughly explain why I never switched my stuff over to MD. I eventually won the appeal and am officially a resident of the fine state of Maryland.
I think basically you should meet some listed requirements for the 12 months preceding the semester you're looking to become a state resident

Just to be clear for everyone, all the published statistics put Maryland's OOS matriculated student number as 25-37 or so in each class (in the past 3 years alone, OOS matriculants have been anywhere from 18-25% of the class). That's using the #s on the official website as well as US News. I guess it's not much more than 10, but at least I think still a significant difference. Maybe my view is overblown though. :)

Thank you Lucidsplash for clarifying that. I'm really sure where I got "10" from, but you seem to be correct.

Does anyone know the average MCAT score of the accepted out of state students?

Also, when is the earliest they begin interviewing applicants?

Is it fair to assume that the earlier you submit your application, theres a better chance of getting an early interview?

I'll be graduating a semester early to go travel for 6 months...I'm just trying to gauge how soon other people got interviews...

Yay, I got my packet today, too. Do we have to have our Dr. fill out these stupid vaccination forms? I have my vaccination records here at my house. Can't I just give them copies of that, rather than have to pay the stupid copay to go see my doctor and make them sign off on this form? I've never even MET my PCP. I don't think I even know who my PCP is. I highly doubt that he/she knows jack about my immunization history.

Who is gonna join what organizations? I think I'm gonna join the women's med and internal med interest groups. I would join AMSA just for the free Netters, but I already bought the damn book for the PSP. Lame. The Mountain Manor Initiative sounds cool too...they need to recruit the young hoodlums from my neighborhood. I was accosted today by a group of teenage boys - it was quite frightening, actually. One or two obnoxious teenage boys, no problem. But when a pack of 5 are following you down the street, catcalling as you are trying to get into your car, pounding on your car windows and pulling on the door handles as you try to drive away, it really freaks a girl out. I think I'm going to have problems with these kids on a regular basis, seeing as they all live down the block. Are tasers legal in the state of Maryland? I swear, if they come near me or touch my property again, they're gonna meet Mr. Pepper Spray, followed by Mr. Baltimore City Police Officer.

I don't know if it would help to talk to their parents - something tells me that if their parents had a more active role in their lives, they would have a few more manners. I hate Baltimore. :mad: I need to start dating a cop.

I'll probably join every interest group that isn't OBGYN, because that's about the only specialty I have no interest in. Probably not Peds either, though Peds Pals seems like a cool program. I'm sure I'll join the Med Chi deal and get the Steadman's. I'd get AMSA, b ut I don't want to apply for a credit card just to get the book.

So I really suck at posting on this or any thread, but reading ours is my guilty pleasure!

TO ALESDU1:
I am also OOS, and I seriously have no idea how I got into UMD. I have an average GPA and an average MCAT score, and I applied the day the secondary was due. In my defense, I did a lot of legit community service and volunteerism throughout the last 10 years, which was and always has been my passion over hard core academia, and I think I portrayed that in my interview. It was just lucky for me that I got an interview and realized only then that I LOVED the school (UMD was essentially off my radar as I mainly was focused on getting into PA schools). Basically what I'm saying is, there are no rules to the medical school application/acceptance process, as I'm sure many others will agree upon.

Something else to keep in mind is that depending on what state you hail from, tuition may not be a problem. For example, only 2 of the 6 PA med schools have considerably lower tuition than OOS MD... fantastic right? So when I was asked about $$ in my interview, it was pretty clear it wasn't an issue (not that it doesnt suck to pay twice as much as the rest of you :). Also, when I was at my LATE interview in March, the Dean of Admissions actually TOLD us that we were LUCKY to be interviewing later, because they had been VERY HESITANT to accept large quantities of people in the early interviewing stages. He actually said the words "you all may even have a better shot than the applicants who interviewed in October."

Just do what feels right and always remember that everything happens for a reason, it'll all work itself out.

To everyone else regarding the packet: how many pairs of scrubs are you guys buying? I remember someone saying 5 before. And just to be a conformist, are you going to get "sky" or are you planning to mix it up with the colors? Is anyone else really, really, really nervous? Or am I doing enough worrying for all of us? :) Enjoy what's left guys... see you all soon!

nittanylionmd said:
So I really suck at posting on this or any thread, but reading ours is my guilty pleasure!

TO ALESDU1:
I am also OOS, and I seriously have no idea how I got into UMD. I have an average GPA and an average MCAT score, and I applied the day the secondary was due. In my defense, I did a lot of legit community service and volunteerism throughout the last 10 years, which was and always has been my passion over hard core academia, and I think I portrayed that in my interview. It was just lucky for me that I got an interview and realized only then that I LOVED the school (UMD was essentially off my radar as I mainly was focused on getting into PA schools). Basically what I'm saying is, there are no rules to the medical school application/acceptance process, as I'm sure many others will agree upon.

Something else to keep in mind is that depending on what state you hail from, tuition may not be a problem. For example, only 2 of the 6 PA med schools have considerably lower tuition than OOS MD... fantastic right? So when I was asked about $$ in my interview, it was pretty clear it wasn't an issue (not that it doesnt suck to pay twice as much as the rest of you :). Also, when I was at my LATE interview in March, the Dean of Admissions actually TOLD us that we were LUCKY to be interviewing later, because they had been VERY HESITANT to accept large quantities of people in the early interviewing stages. He actually said the words "you all may even have a better shot than the applicants who interviewed in October."

Just do what feels right and always remember that everything happens for a reason, it'll all work itself out.

To everyone else regarding the packet: how many pairs of scrubs are you guys buying? I remember someone saying 5 before. And just to be a conformist, are you going to get "sky" or are you planning to mix it up with the colors? Is anyone else really, really, really nervous? Or am I doing enough worrying for all of us? :) Enjoy what's left guys... see you all soon!

Thanks a lot for your comments, observations, etc. I'll keep them in mind.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was gonna get 2 pairs, and I planned to be a conformist, but I might mix it up.

Allheart.com has great deals on scrubs, like 10 bucks a set. I'd be surprised if they could beat that.

nittanylionmd said:

TO ALESDU1:

I am really nervous too!!. My only consolation is remembering that i was also really nervous before i started my college education, and in the end it worked out nicely.

Wow I have really been neglecting this thread, haven't I? I've actually been doing work at work, if you believe me.

I'm probably going to get 5 pairs of scrubs. I'm waiting to buy any as my aunt is sending me some freebies and I want to wait until she sends them so I know how many more I'll need. But I'm totally mixing it up. I want black scrubs. How cool are black scrubs?

I'm also getting nervous, but still excited. Right now I'm mostly tired a lot from my long work days and the commute. I'm worried I'm going to be burned out when I start, but I think the lack of a commute will make it better. 2.5 hours a day in a car sucks.

As for clubs, I don't know what I'm going to join. I'll definitely be into something or other, but I learned my lesson in undergrad - I have a tendency to overcommit myself, and I'm determined not to do that in med school - I WILL sleep more than 5 hours a night :). I already have plenty on my plate so I'm going to stick with 1 or 2 club/activities tops, at least for the first few blocks. Once I get a schedule established I'll see what I'm going to do.

Ahhh craziness, med school starting in exactly 3 weeks!

Thanks for the tip about Allheart.com! I am checking it out right now and I'll definitely be shopping here instead!

and seriously... as for nervousness I just have to remember, one day at a time! :)

wait, are you guys serious about the 5 pairs of scrubs thing?

LucidSplash said:
I am. I loathe odor. Also, if I only end up using three pairs, then I only end up using three pairs. Its not like I'll never need scrubs. I'll keep the extra two. But I like to be prepared.

oh yeah i understand. but if you loathe odor, be prepared... because no matter how many times you shower, you still smell it on your hands everytime you take a bite of that sandwich... BLEEEHHH!!!!

For those of you who are from the area, are there any good places to run off and study (i.e. outside of Baltimore City)?

Cozmosis said:
What kind of places are you looking for? I can probably direct you somewhere out in the county if I get some criteria.

Actually, my question really is, where can I go to get away from the city (or at least downtown) and decompress? I used to be a coffeeshop studier when I was in school, and there doesn't seem to be very many of those around here. I probably need to just hop in my car and drive around for awhile and see what I can see. I hate thinking that there is "nothing to do" in Baltimore, when I'm certain there is something...I'm just not seeing it.

Sorry about being vague.

(If I had to choose, my major criteria would include a real, live parking lot.)

There's plenty to do in Baltimore, but the best of it is compressed into the Harbor, Fell's Point, Canton, Federal Hill. All of those should have at least a couple coffee shops, but you'd have to see for yourself, I guess. I know Fell's has a few. Not sure you'll have much luck with the parking lot thing.

As far as outside of city dekompressors..
Towson has a number of coffee shops and places to go, as there are a number of colleges closeby (namely Towson U and Goucher College). Barnes and Nobles, Starbucks, Caribou Coffee, all those kinds of places are in Towson. The Avenue at White Marsh is another good set of shops, places to hang out, etc. Both places have fairly good sized malls.

There's more that's farther away, Arundel Mills mall which is really a misnomer, more like a city. Hunt Valley has some decent stuff.

Let me know if you want any more specifics. I went to school at Towson and have lived in the County since I was 8, so I can probably point you somewhere specific too :)

Sorry about my prolonged absence guys...we were down in North Carolina last week hitting up the beach with Todd's family. The drive down wasn't too bad - only about 8 hours. But on the drive back we hit traffic just south of DC and it took so long to get through. Who would have thought I-95 could get so crowded on a Saturday! Definitely not used to the traffic around here yet, but that will change.

I still haven't gotten my packet from UMD because it was sent to my parent's house instead. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow, but in the meantime I'm jealous that you guys are already picking out scrubs and various clubs to join!

Todd and I also checked out the "Safe"way on Pratt...its not nearly as nice as the Safeway we checked out before over by the airport. You'd think they would all be the same, but the one on Pratt was totally ghetto. So we still have no idea where we will be grocery shopping...we might just get a Sam's club card and try that instead. I don't like buying in bulk, but if it saves money and gets me the food I want, I'm all over it.

Dr.Mario said:
oh yeah i understand. but if you loathe odor, be prepared... because no matter how many times you shower, you still smell it on your hands everytime you take a bite of that sandwich... BLEEEHHH!!!!

Hey "Dr. Mario," how you doin'? Have you moved up here yet? I still don't have furniture or a washer-dryer. I do have a plastic kitchen table, however.

You know, if you were rich, the smart thing to do would be to buy 9 pairs of scrubs. Use 1 per week. After 1 week, throw the old ones away, and use a fresh pair each week. Washing them does nothing. Actually, washing mine made them worse. Formaldehyde smells bad enough. Formaldehyde + Rain-Scent detergent? Yuck. I left my nasty-a$$ scrubs in my locker after the last wet lab practical. I didn't even bother bringing them home, they were so gross. Are we going to have the same lockers during the regular year? Or do I actually need to go get my crap out of it? :thumbdown:

I realized the other day that I owe Eddie a red bull. :)

Tater, I've found a lot of places to "get away" to. If you are an outdoorsy person, Patapsco Valley State Park is relatively close to my house, and it's a 10-minute drive down Washington Blvd. It's really pretty and there are plenty of places to park it and study. There are TONS of Starbucks around - one only a couple of blocks from the hospital, and there's even one inside the hospital. Towson, Glen Burnie, and Catonsville are all 10-15 minutes away by car, and there are tons of strip malls with coffee shops and stuff. If you are like me, you need a change of scenery once in a while. If that means going on a mini-road-trip to find a place to do some work, so be it. I'm happy to take a carload of folks to the park or to Towson or wherever.

If any of you are here already/moving here soon and want to explore, PM me and I can suggest some places. I was in your shoes a couple of months ago. I'm not exactly a seasoned veteran yet, but I know where the closest malls are and where the cool dive bars are.

We need a PSP reunion before class actually starts. :thumbup:

PS: SQ, it's nice to see you again! I was wondering what happened to you. I hung out with LS the other night and she said she hadn't heard from you either. I was wondering if perhaps turned around and headed back to MO. How are you settling in? :)

Hehe, you country folk, not expecting traffic on a major interstate on a Saturday! The only time the highways around here don't have traffic are really early and really late, and mid day is usually OK. Rush hour is pretty bad, though not as bad as DC/capital beltway traffic. That area is like traffic hell.

LadyWolverine said:
PS: SQ, it's nice to see you again! I was wondering what happened to you. I hung out with LS the other night and she said she hadn't heard from you either. I was wondering if perhaps turned around and headed back to MO. How are you settling in? :)
Nope, I haven't headed back to MO yet. We're pretty much settled in at this point...we try to explore a different part of the city each day. We've already registered to vote in MD, and today we're taking our car to get inspected so we can get MD plates and licenses. I really need to get this taken care of, not only so I can stand a shot at qualifying for in-state residency, but because my MO plates expired in May. I swore they expired in July, but who really ever looks at their license plate when they get in their car?

I really like Baltimore, at least the area we live in, except for all of the homeless people. It's not that they make me feel unsafe or anything - I just get tired of getting harassed for money, and then if I don't give them anything they yell at me. I knew Baltimore had a homeless problem, but I just didn't expect there to be this many per block. It's insane. That, and the crackheads...but they don't really scare me either (at least not in the daytime).

Ok, so I finally got my packet today, and already I'm confused.

First...what do we wear the first day? The memo says to wear a t-shirt from you undergrad, whereas the professionalism letter says to dress business casual. :confused:

Second...any ideas on which textbooks are the best? Or does it even make a difference? Basically, I couldn't pick a book out simply by reading their descriptions. I'd prefer to just get the cheapest if they're all the same, but if anyone has any recommendations I'd love to hear them.

I also have no clue what do to about the vaccination form. I have the dates somewhere, but I'm not flying back to MO to have some doctor sign off on them. Does that mean I have to pay the fee to have them test me? <sigh>

I actually did some SDN research on the books one evening (I get bored a lot), here are the results:

Anatomy Atlas: Netter or Rohen, Seems as though consensus is get Netter, if you have trouble seeing it, use Rohen, maybe library copy if one exists.

Anatomy text: Baby Moore, cheaper and the bigger Moore text is unnecessary.

Histology: Garner and Ross come recommended, but are both needed? This is the only question. The Ross book says its an atlas as well as a text, but Garner is listed as required.

Only one choice for embryo. YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST BUY THIS OR YOU FAIL THE COURSE. So sayeth the mob.

And I didn't see the undergrad thing. I think the only thing I have from my undergrad is a cheap hat I got free from work. Hah.

Yeah, I'd rather not go find someone for my vaccines, etc either. I have a copy at home I think and I haven't been to a primary care doc other than my GYN for a couple of years because I get a physical every year through work. I have a copy of my vaccinations at home too, guess I'll have to find it.

For the health insurance, I applied for a different plan today online, so as soon as that comes through, I'll be filling out the waiver. I found a decent plan that is half of UMB's plan for about the same coverage through a respected carrier. Woot!

Bah stuff to do! Craziness!

SuzieQ3417 said:
First...what do we wear the first day? The memo says to wear a t-shirt from you undergrad, whereas the professionalism letter says to dress business casual. :confused:

I noticed the SAME thing! I was like, what the hell? I don't have any business casual Michigan clothing. I think there was a failure to communicate somewhere along the line. :) I think you should plan on wearing something nice. According to the second-years that taught us during PSP, Maryland is really, really big on professionalism. This means dressing nicely for class (e.g. NOT wearing sweats, pajamas, or similar clothing, even though it was ok in college). For those of us who've had jobs in the past, this won't be such an adjustment. But the fresh-out-of-undergrad contingent is gonna have some growing pains with this one (and the 8am starts, probably :) )

SuzieQ3417 said:
Second...any ideas on which textbooks are the best? Or does it even make a difference? Basically, I couldn't pick a book out simply by reading their descriptions. I'd prefer to just get the cheapest if they're all the same, but if anyone has any recommendations I'd love to hear them.

I asked the same thing during PSP. The general consensus is - DO NOT BUY TEXTBOOKS NOW. Wait until class starts and you get your "big sib." Apparently, they may pass some books down to you, or at least let you know what worked for them. You WILL have to get an anatomy atlas, but from my experience, choosing an atlas is like picking your furniture or bedspread - it's a very personalized thing. :) During the summer, most people chose Netter's, myself included. I'm not sure what everyone's reasoning was, but I chose it because it has big labels, the colors are great, and it just looks pretty. However, other people prefered the books that had the REAL dissections (instead of color plates, they are photos of actual prosections). Rohen's is like this, and there's another one that just came out that was really cool, but I didn't see it on the book list. One of the anatomy professors had a copy, you could ask him about it. Anyway, the obvious pro to having this book is that it is what it's *supposed* to look like in the body. Your cadaver, however, will look nothing like the beautiful prosection. No, your cadaver will more closely resemble the chicken carcass at the local deli than anything in these textbooks. But one of the second-years said that he learned better from seeing the real-life photos than he did from studying Netter's. It's really a matter of personal preference. I did fine with Netter's...I found the real-life photos too confusing because the labels were so small and the colors were all the same. There's only so much greyish-pink you can look at before you start wishing the thoracic duct was *actually* green.

One other thing - no matter which atlas you get, BUY THE FRICKIN FLASHCARDS!!! They were SUCH a big help, especially for the forearm (which I really didn't study for, since I still don't know the difference between a pronator and a supinator muscle, or which one flexes my 3rd and 4th digits.)

And you WILL need a book for embryo. Embryo is horrible. It's like they WANT you to freak out because you can't remember Meiosis I from Meiosis II, and while we're at it, who really cares at what day the notochord forms? The second-years told us to buy Langman's. They didn't have it in the bookstore this summer, but I found it on Amazon for relatively cheap. But, once again, wait until the semester starts, because maybe you can get it from your big sib.

SuzieQ3417 said:
I also have no clue what do to about the vaccination form. I have the dates somewhere, but I'm not flying back to MO to have some doctor sign off on them. Does that mean I have to pay the fee to have them test me? <sigh>

I still have NOT filled out this stupid form. I guess I should look at it a little closer. I like the insurance coverage that I have now...I'm thinking of sticking with it.

Good chunk of stuff there LW. I'm like trying to strike a balance between waiting to get books and being able to get them from half.com in time for class. I'm sure I'll be OK, but I'm being paranoid.

Also, I'll be sure to test the professionalism every day ;)

Well, I for one am thankful, in this instance, that I went to a severely preppified college. Sweats were definitely not the norm there. Though I don't own any Ham-Tech wear that is business casual, it was easy enough to order a women's cut polo online with the school name embroidered on it. I figured what the hey, I'll definitely wear it other times - I :love: my undergrad!

img.jpg

I am a huge dork. I know.

As for books, my beloved Aunt is supposed to be sending me some. I'll see what she has and then see what else I'd like to have.

LaddddyyyyyWolverrrinnnnnneee!!!!!! Check your facebook.

I think Rohen's is the shyt. Netter's is apparently necessary (wait because I think AMSA gives out free copies if you sign up for a membership with them). I personally think Rohen's is just as essential, but that's just how I like my bedspread I suppose.

And YES buy the Netter flashcards!!! I generally really hate flashcards. And I freakin love these things.

Holy crap get the book for embryo....they showed us the actual lecture Anderson gave last year and it's incomprehensible.

Oh no, LW, I'm starting to freak out now... It's worse when you know what's coming (cause it ain't pretty!) Looking forward to you being my red bull buddy again!

woops sorry to be redundant, the amsa/netter thing is in the packet.

:)

wait a minute...you have to sign up for a credit card? boo...

For those of you that are getting some books, and even for those of you that are waiting, I wanted to pass along my little secret from undergrad, some of you may know it. This site www.gettextbooks.com is like the orbitz or mobissimo of books. Usually I would just go to amazon and get the ISBN for the book I'm looking for and pop it into this website. Coz, half.com is one of the cheapest most times but sometimes there are other sites which can be even cheaper. Anywho, just thought I'd pass it on in case anyone was interested.

SuzieQ3417 said:

Is it business casual for just the 1st day or all of orienation? Just wondering when to bust out the two piece hahaha

SuzieQ3417 said:

Just an FYI for everyone. I was confused about the dress for orientation as well so I called the office of student affairs to clarify. I was told that we are to follow the instructions on the letter from the dean that say to were a t-shirt or something from your undergrad institution. Apparently the letter from the proffesionalism group was not reviewed before it was put in the packet and should not have stated to dress buisness casual.

Stagger Lee said:
Just an FYI for everyone. I was confused about the dress for orientation as well so I called the office of student affairs to clarify. I was told that we are to follow the instructions on the letter from the dean that say to were a t-shirt or something from your undergrad institution. Apparently the letter from the proffesionalism group was not reviewed before it was put in the packet and should not have stated to dress buisness casual.
Thanks for the info!

And while we're booing things....boo to the department of motor vehicles. I spent four hours of my life there this morning/afternoon and all I have to show for it is a driver's license.

Cozmosis said:
Welcome to Maryland, SQ ;)
Yeah, but unfortunately the DMV is like that everywhere. What made me mad is that we waited for almost two hours to get our title/tags taken care of, only to find out that they wouldn't take one of the forms we had (because it was from MO instead of Maryland, even though it had all of the info they needed). So that means we have to get the new form, send it to my parents in MO, have them send it back, and return to the DMV to wait in line again. Boo! (hooray beer!) :p

LS, thanks for the textbook site. I didn't know that something like that existed.

SQ, I HATE the MD MVA!!! I always end up wasting half a day there everytime I go. I actually need to go to emissions in the next couple of weeks - thanks for reminding me, even if it was inadvertent :)

Coz, allheart.com is awesome! I am TOTALLY ordering scrubs from them. And we can get all kinds of cool colors! Hooray, beer!

PS I love your embryo book post change. So appropriate.

PS is anyone else ordering scrubs from AllHeart.com? We could combine our orders and split the shipping. Also, if the combined order is 10+ pairs, we save a bit on them. I'm willing to pay for the order if you pay me back on delivery. Let me know if you are interested - I want to order 3-4 pairs and the shipping is around $10. I'd like to order them soon, so let me know by email if you want to combine orders.

If you want a free (no charge seriously) MVA tip, if you're resilient - the MVA in Harford County, right near Harford Mall is usually MUCH less crowded than all the rest. A bit of a hike from the city, but it might be worth it if you're waiting that long. I've been there when its crowded, but even then its nothing like the other MVAs. I take no responsibility if you end up on a freakish day when its crowded, though!

haha, with all the allheart pimpage EMIG is going to hunt me down and kill my family

Status
Not open for further replies.