University of Maryland Acceptance rate after interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baseball0079

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I received my interview from Maryland scheduled for January and I was wondering if anyone knew the acceptance rate for University of Maryland after having your interview? Im not sure how competitive it is for this school to receive an interview. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

First of all, it would be different if you are IS or OOS. But I'll give you both since you didnt mention it.

For 2014, (the most recent data) showed that they had 2240 OOS applicants and interviewed 333 of them. 15% chance of receiving one OOS.
IS shows 253 applications with 152 interviews showing a 60% interview rate if you are IS.

The numbers show that it is very competitive to get an interview OOS and it is not that competitive if you are IS.

Now acceptance rates of interviewees show that out of 333 people OOS, they accepted 222. 66.7% of OOS applicants who interviewed got in.

For IS out of 152 people 84 got in. This shows only a 55.2% acceptance rate.

From those stats, I would say as an OOSer it is easier to get in provided you get an interview.

If you are wondering why they accept more than their class size, remember people do drop acceptances. Amount accepted are not equaled to the amount enrolled.

Hope this helps and good luck on your interview.

Reactions: 4 users
For 2014, (the most recent data) showed that they had 2240 OOS applicants and interviewed 333 of them. 15% chance of receiving one OOS.

Wow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
First of all, it would be different if you are IS or OOS. But I'll give you both since you didnt mention it.

IS shows 253 applications with 152 interviews showing a 60% interview rate if you are IS.

The numbers show that it is very competitive to get an interview OOS and it is not that competitive if you are IS.

Now acceptance rates of interviewees show that out of 333 people OOS, they accepted 222. 66.7% of OOS applicants who interviewed got in.

For IS out of 152 people 84 got in. This shows only a 55.2% acceptance rate.

From those stats, I would say as an OOSer it is easier to get in provided you get an interview.

If you are wondering why they accept more than their class size, remember people do drop acceptances. Amount accepted are not equaled to the amount enrolled.

Hope this helps and good luck on your interview.

I assume for post december interviews, though, the chances for acceptance are lower, since a large chunk of the class will have been already filled?
(I also have a january interview at maryland and it's my first choice.....im really trying to crush it!!)

I assume for post december interviews, though, the chances for acceptance are lower, since a large chunk of the class will have been already filled?
(I also have a january interview at maryland and it's my first choice.....im really trying to crush it!!)

I cant extrapolate that from from the data because they dont mention post-decs or pre-decs. Just have to do well and you will have a good chance.

I cant extrapolate that from from the data because they dont mention post-decs or pre-decs. Just have to do well and you will have a good chance.
Yeah and I'm sure it varies year to year based on how many people put down a deposit from Dec 1 acceptances. Thanks for putting the data together!

Reactions: 1 user