University of Kansas c/o 2017 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone hear anything today? Still waiting here!

I'm very nervous too. haven't heard anything yet! when was your interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I got my letter today but it doesn't state which campus I got into..just says that I will be notified in 2-3 weeks once it has been determined.

Hi, I got letter of acceptance on Monday and am asked to wait for campus assignment too. Did they send you anything like Criminal Background Check Form, Immunizarion Form, Matriculation and Deposit form? I don't have those.

I just got my letter today for Lawrence campus. soooo happppyyyyy :soexcited::soexcited: Good luck to you all that waiting! :luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a letter today! So excited! I'll be at the Lawrence campus. Now I need to find a reasonable apartment that isn't filled with partying kids...I am an old married woman with a young child...

I received a letter today! So excited! I'll be at the Lawrence campus. Now I need to find a reasonable apartment that isn't filled with partying kids...I am an old married woman with a young child...

Congrats!! :)

Looks like I am really the only one left that has not heard anything. I hope that I find out my fate either tomorrow or Friday.

Congratulations!!

I got my letter today too! Lawrence campus. I will see you guys this fall! Goodluck to others that are still waiting!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! Has anyone made a Facebook Group yet? I might make one tonight

if you made a page on facebook, could you let us know here how to search you? what the name of the page would be? thanks anyway :)

Looks like I am really the only one left that has not heard anything. I hope that I find out my fate either tomorrow or Friday.

I called and Gina said they are still in process. The Admission committee is still meeting up to make decisions on applicants. Don't lose hope! :)

I just created the group. Just search "KU School of Pharmacy Class of 2017' It's an "open' group so you should be able to just add yourself

I called and Gina said they are still in process. The Admission committee is still meeting up to make decisions on applicants. Don't lose hope! :)

Thanks for the encouragement, but my hope diminishes everyday that I do not hear anything. This letter determines if I get to stay close to my husband and son, as I was accepted to a pharmacy school in Chicago. I do not want to bring my son to Chicago due to him having a great life here in Kansas and Chicago does not have a good school system there. He attends one of the top school districts in the nation here in Olathe and I do not want to take that away from my son.
Is there anyone else that interviewed on 12 March 2013 and has heard anything? So far, I am hearing people getting accepted from interviews at earlier dates than mine.

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouragement, but my hope diminishes everyday that I do not hear anything. This letter determines if I get to stay close to my husband and son, as I was accepted to a pharmacy school in Chicago. I do not want to bring my son to Chicago due to him having a great life here in Kansas and Chicago does not have a good school system here. He attends one of the top school districts in the nation here in Olathe and I do not want to take that away from my son.
Is there anyone else that interviewed on 12 March 2013 and has heard anything? So far, I am hearing people getting accepted from interviews at earlier dates than mine.

Well I interviewed March 9th and I just got my letter today. So I bet they are still sending acceptance letters out. And I think they had about 20 wait list applicants last year and they all got it. Has anyone received "wait-list" letters yet?

I just created the group. Just search "KU School of Pharmacy Class of 2017' It's an "open' group so you should be able to just add yourself

did you creat the page on facebook? cause I can't find it. when I search, it only gives me class of 2015 and 16, but not 17!:eyebrow:

did you creat the page on facebook? cause I can't find it. when I search, it only gives me class of 2015 and 16, but not 17!:eyebrow:

Did you typed in the whole name? Because it doesn't seem to show unless you type in the whole name for some reason. There's only 2 members so far lol. If my suggestions don't work you can just message me your name and I'll just search and add you if you want. But you should be able to join by yourself once you find it

Did you typed in the whole name? Because it doesn't seem to show unless you type in the whole name for some reason. There's only 2 members so far lol. If my suggestions don't work you can just message me your name and I'll just search and add you if you want. But you should be able to join by yourself once you find it

yes I actually copy paste what you wrote on the wall here and it didn't work!:(

Thanks for the encouragement, but my hope diminishes everyday that I do not hear anything. This letter determines if I get to stay close to my husband and son, as I was accepted to a pharmacy school in Chicago. I do not want to bring my son to Chicago due to him having a great life here in Kansas and Chicago does not have a good school system there. He attends one of the top school districts in the nation here in Olathe and I do not want to take that away from my son.

awww I'm sure that would be really hard to be away from your family. I really wish you get in this year, so you'll be close to your family! :xf:

Lawrence campus :soexcited: Good luck to everyone else... have faith.

is anyone else torn between UMKC and KU?

I wanted to apply to UMKC but they wanted me to retake classes I got good grades in simply because it was more than five years ago.

I think their standards are a bit too high. Their prereqs were similar to Purdue's...but they aren't Purdue.

I am a Missouri resident and I live less than 5 minutes from UMKC's pharmacy school, but I know KU is a wonderful school. The price is just double of what UMKC is, for me.

Still have not received anything in the mail and it has been almost 6 weeks. I emailed the school and asked if I need to either call to find out my admission status or if I can find out if the applicants from March 12th interview has been decided. I explained that I have to secure housing and that I have been holding off on this waiting for my status at KU (since KU is my top choice school). I hope that I hear something next week, because I have to start putting in applications and deposits down for apartments either in Chicago or Lawrence.

Still have not received anything in the mail and it has been almost 6 weeks. I emailed the school and asked if I need to either call to find out my admission status or if I can find out if the applicants from March 12th interview has been decided. I explained that I have to secure housing and that I have been holding off on this waiting for my status at KU (since KU is my top choice school). I hope that I hear something next week, because I have to start putting in applications and deposits down for apartments either in Chicago or Lawrence.

A girl I am in class with interviewed March 6th and got her letter last Wednesday. The final round of letters will probably be hitting up the March 12th people next week I'd imagine.

A girl I am in class with interviewed March 6th and got her letter last Wednesday. The final round of letters will probably be hitting up the March 12th people next week I'd imagine.

I REALLY hope so!! I just gotta know at this point.

I emailed gina last friday about the status of my admission and this was her response:

"There hasn't been a decision on your file yet. The committee is meeting next week (this week) to see where they want to go from here. We are hoping to have all the interviews/decisions out by the end of the month"

Hopefully this response helps other applicants aswell.

Good luck to everyone waiting on the last batch of letters.

I emailed gina last friday about the status of my admission and this was her response:

"There hasn't been a decision on your file yet. The committee is meeting next week (this week) to see where they want to go from here. We are hoping to have all the interviews/decisions out by the end of the month"

Hopefully this response helps other applicants aswell.

Good luck to everyone waiting on the last batch of letters.

I emailed and I was told that they made a decision on my file and my letter will be in the mail tomorrow morning.

I emailed and I was told that they made a decision on my file and my letter will be in the mail tomorrow morning.

Goodluck!! Goodluck!! So I'm looking for a place to stay in Lawrence and a roommate (preferably male). If you're interested or know somebody, please message me. Thx!

Oh my God. They didn't tell u the result?!! :eek: good luck tomorrow :luck: :xf:

Got my acceptance letter in the mail.. Heading to Lawrence!!!! :)

Thanks. I am so excited that my family and I can stay together!! :)