University of Kansas c/o 2017 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to everyone who has gotten accepted !

I interviewed on Feb. 13
gpa: 3.9
science: 4.0
PCAT: 72 percentile (93 chem)
LOR: neighbor pharmacist, counselor, and professor
experience: shadowing

My status says "defer decision," and I haven't recieved a letter yet.
I called the office today and they said letters are still being sent out in parts, and my status will stay "defer decision" until admissions and scholarships recieves a decision from them.

To everyone still patiently :) waiting, I would love an update when you get your acceptance letter.

Did you take your prereqs at a community college or at a university??

Members don't see this ad :)
Community college*

I hope you and everyone else that interviewed in February (that has not heard anything yet) get your letters soon. I am just noticing that for all of you guys that interviewed on that day and has yet to hear from the school, your prerequisites were taken at a community college. Just an observation.

I hope you and everyone else that interviewed in February (that has not heard anything yet) get your letters soon. I am just noticing that for all of you guys that interviewed on that day and has yet to hear from the school, your prerequisites were taken at a community college. Just an observation.

I just got my letter today for the Wichita campus! :D I interviewed on February 13 so it appears they're sending letters out every day, so if you haven't received one yet don't worry. My online status still appears as defer decision

I just got my letter today for the Wichita campus! :D I interviewed on February 13 so it appears they're sending letters out every day, so if you haven't received one yet don't worry. My online status still appears as defer decision

Congrats!!! :)

Mine were taken at a CC.

No. It more likely depends on where you receive your mail. Those living in lawrence and Kansas City area mostly received their letters late last week.

Congratulations!

15 April 2013 is quickly approaching, but yet alot of us have not heard from the school. I am getting more flustered as each day passes without hearing anything.

I'm getting frustrated as well. I've waited 8 weeks to the day. I'm tempted to call them, but I'm too scared :scared:. If my letter isn't here by Friday, I think I will call them and see what the deal is.:mad:

15 April 2013 is quickly approaching, but yet alot of us have not heard from the school. I am getting more flustered as each day passes without hearing anything.

I called yesterday and they told me that they continue sending letters out up to the end of April, and they haven't sent any letters yesterday and the day before!

Members don't see this ad :)
I called yesterday and they told me that they continue sending letters out up to the end of April, and they haven't sent any letters yesterday and the day before!

Thanks for checking up. The end of April? I could have sworn that it was printed somewhere that we find out no later than 15 April.

So I just worked up the courage to call, and found out they still haven't sent out any letters this week. She told me that if I still do not receive anything by the last week of April then I should call back. I think this means they are still trying to get everything sent out by April 15th but it could take up to the end of the month for us to all receive our letters.

So I just worked up the courage to call, and found out they still haven't sent out any letters this week. She told me that if I still do not receive anything by the last week of April then I should call back. I think this means they are still trying to get everything sent out by April 15th but it could take up to the end of the month for us to all receive our letters.

It would be interesting to know how many people they've notified/accepted so far. It doesn't seem to be a lot.

Good luck to you guys.

Hopefully you will hear something good soon.

Woohoo I got my acceptance letter in the mail this afternoon!!!! :)

I noticed it's dated April 10th...I wonder if that means they sent it yesterday...

Anyway, good luck to everyone who is still waiting. :luck:

I noticed it's dated April 10th...I wonder if that means they sent it yesterday...

Congrats!!! :)

Congrat!!! Which Campus?

Mine was dated April 3rd. So they're sending them out every Wednesday?

I'm currently a student at the school of pharmacy and I just want to tell you guys who are worried about not receiving their letters that you shouldn't worry. The person in charge of sending acceptance letters had to go to a funeral so they're late on sending them out. They will continue to send them until the end of April.

Hope that helps your anxiety!

I'm currently a student at the school of pharmacy and I just want to tell you guys who are worried about not receiving their letters that you shouldn't worry. The person in charge of sending acceptance letters had to go to a funeral so they're late on sending them out. They will continue to send them until the end of April.

It REALLY does help my anxiety. Thank you so much! :)

Apparently they have "a ton more" to send out! Good luck to you all and be prepared to study! Enjoy your summer, you won't have as much free time anymore especially when 2nd semester of 3p comes around.

Still havn't received my letter yet but they have changed my status to admit so I'm guessing thats good.

Are you saying that your status now says admit? If so, congrats!! You deleted all of your posts, so did you interview on the 13th as well?

Thanks! I'm waiting for the letter to consider it official..I interviewed on Feb. 27

Thanks! I'm waiting for the letter to consider it official..I interviewed on Feb. 27

I wish I had the luxury to look on the website. As a current KU student, that is not an option for me. I just hope that I hear something really soon as I have to make decisions and start putting in applications for apartments for myself (either in Chicago or Lawrence).

I understand completely. My husband and I were going to put our house on the market this month, in preparation of moving to Lawrence. Now everything is up in the air...

Hi again, I interviewed March 9th and my status changed to "admit" last night. I still have not gotten the official letter though.

I would assume all the letters are in the mail and will arrive monday or tuesday.

Hi again, I interviewed March 9th and my status changed to "admit" last night. I still have not gotten the official letter though.

Congratulations!!! This means what it means. This coming week will be crucial. If someone doesn't receive a some type of notification by friday 4/19, the best hope will be a place a place on the waitlist.

Good luck all and hopefully something good will come your way in the coming days.

Does anyone know of good apartments around the pharmacy school? Or which ones to avoid?

Does anyone know of good apartments around the pharmacy school? Or which ones to avoid?

Chase court is right across Iowa from West Campus. They're really nice there, it's where I'm going to be staying hopefully. I'd avoid the Oaks. That place was scary, there were discarded needles next to the pop machine.

I got my letter today but it doesn't state which campus I got into..just says that I will be notified in 2-3 weeks once it has been determined.

I also got my letter today, Have to wait 2-3 more weeks for campus assignment.

Thanks so much for info. I am very nerveous! :scared:

anyone else from Minnesota heading to Lawrence campus this Fall? definitely going to KU at this point, ready to get started and leave this cold weather behind lol

I also received my letter today, for the Wichita campus. Good luck to everyone still waiting for letters!

Did anyone hear anything today? Still waiting here!