University of Florida c/o 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Absolutely agreed. This thread is intended for those who have been accepted and have decided to matriculate to UF COM. It is the class thread, not a thread on UF in general.

With that said, I received my financial aid letter. It said there has been a 7% increase in tuition. Do they expect the tuition to increase every year (and if so, 7% every year?)? Also, what is the limit one can borrow from a Direct PLUS loan?

I think that tuition is bound to increase at least somewhat each year. They just use 7% as an estimated increase each year (I think, but I could be wrong). This was at least the case in my undergraduate.

As far as the Direct PLUS loans UFMed, I found this link that may help.
http://studentaid.ed.gov/students/attachments/funding/PlusLoansQA.pdf
It says there are no set annual or aggregate limits ("Loan Limits", number 10).

Members don't see this ad.

dendrite should be the official fire fighter, you're so good at stomping out those fires even b4 they get started.

Are you kidding me. I AM CALLING BS. If you are Ben's friend and this is remotely true become transparent. Post the information on SDN and let the world see the TRUTH.

NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY. I don't care if he did get a 4.0. YOU STILL HAVE TO TAKE THE MCAT. How in the HELL do you get a way with not doing that.

Dendrite I appologize but the truth is I know several people that have choosen UM or USF because they are disgusted by this story and can't believe the school has not responded more forcefully by not FIRING KRONE.

I don't think you are getting this. Anyone who has the slightest bit of common sense knows to take information like this with a grain of salt. The guy only has 3 posts, all of which deals with this issue; it doesn't even answer any of the questions we are dealing with, like why he chose to come to UF rather than sticking it out at Northwestern.

I'm sure people choose other schools over UF, but LET'S NOT DRAG THIS OUT HERE. There are a lot of issues that people who are choosing to attend UF have to deal with, such as information we need to submit prior to August 12th, and other final requirements. If you want to complain about all of this, which you perfectly have the right to do, do it in the main forum, and leave this thread for those seriously considering attending UF.

It really is that simple. At this point, this repetitive circular bickering is not having an effect, at least here.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think you are getting this. Anyone who has the slightest bit of common sense knows to take information like this with a grain of salt. The guy only has 3 posts, all of which deals with this issue; it doesn't even answer any of the questions we are dealing with, like why he chose to come to UF rather than sticking it out at Northwestern.

I'm sure people choose other schools over UF, but LET'S NOT DRAG THIS OUT HERE. There are a lot of issues that people who are choosing to attend UF have to deal with, such as information we need to submit prior to August 12th, and other final requirements. If you want to complain about all of this, which you perfectly have the right to do, do it in the main forum, and leave this thread for those seriously considering attending UF.

It really is that simple. At this point, this repetitive circular bickering is not having an effect, at least here.

Dendrite I hear you. But don't you think UF would serve it self better by FIRING KRONE and showing the academic community that they still have integrity in the medical community?

Dendrite I hear you. But don't you think UF would serve it self better by FIRING KRONE and showing the academic community that they still have integrity in the medical community?

Tell you what, post this in the pre-allo forum, and I'm sure you will get a ton more responses; and I'll be one of them. At this point, it is doing everyone a disservice to keep posting about this issue here. We are all very clear of your opinions on UF, and we all know that your solution would be to fire Kone, ban Ben, and if not, for all accepted students to withdraw out of protest. If these aren't your desired solutions, that's fine, but your posts have been insinuating such. Let's face the facts, May 15th is fast approaching, and people have more or less made their decisions.

This in no way sanctions the recent actions of the school, but when you're down in Miami, I urge you to look around as well at all those who were accepted due to alumni connections within their family. It happens, all the time, everywhere; no one here is posting relentlessly on the UM Class thread about it, however. If you want to continue arguing your point, do it in the main forum. At this point, the only other alternative is to have this thread locked and start up a new one.

This thread was started by people genuinely interested in attending UF, as with all other threads for the other schools, and for the most part, that hasn't changed. But over time, it has become littered by people who had conflicting attitudes about the school; why they would post here, I don't know.

There is a difference between being persuasive, and being intentionally argumentative - at this point, you are the latter.

Tell you what, post this in the pre-allo forum, and I'm sure you will get a ton more responses; and I'll be one of them. At this point, it is doing everyone a disservice to keep posting about this issue here. We are all very clear of your opinions on UF, and we all know that your solution would be to fire Kone, ban Ben, and if not, for all accepted students to withdraw out of protest. If these aren't your desired solutions, that's fine, but your posts have been insinuating such. Let's face the facts, May 15th is fast approaching, and people have more or less made their decisions.

This in no way sanctions the recent actions of the school, but when you're down in Miami, I urge you to look around as well at all those who were accepted due to alumni connections within their family. It happens, all the time, everywhere; no one here is posting relentlessly on the UM Class thread about it, however. If you want to continue arguing your point, do it in the main forum. At this point, the only other alternative is to have this thread locked and start up a new one.

This thread was started by people genuinely interested in attending UF, as with all other threads for the other schools, and for the most part, that hasn't changed. But over time, it has become littered by people who had conflicting attitudes about the school; why they would post here, I don't know.

There is a difference between being persuasive, and being intentionally argumentative - at this point, you are the latter.

Dendrite, just wondering are you going to UF? or what school are you going to?

Dendrite, just wondering are you going to UF? or what school are you going to?

UF will always hold a special place for me because I have experienced nothing but courtesy from Admissions, Student Affairs, and the Faculty and Students I have met. They were also the first school to accept me. There is therefore a certain amount of loyalty I hold for the school. I was, and still am, amazed at what a powerhouse of an institution UF is, and how it will always be among the best in the country in training qualified, humanistic, cutting-edge physicians leading the field of medicine in decades to come. I therefore have an inclination to defend the school that has given me (a legitimate) opportunity to study medicine.

It looks like I will be a Gator come August. But, if for some reason, I am not, it will only because I have family issues to consider that will impact my future medical education.

I'm sure this is the same type of sentiment you feel towards Miami, and the same attitude that will make us proud alumni for our alma maters 4 years from now, whatever institutions they may be.

If you have a comment or question that relates to the Class of 2012 University of Florida, please post it here. If you want to comment on other matters, such as admissions to University of Florida, please post them in Pre-Allo as previously requested by the main users of this thread or they will be deleted. This thread is for matters that pertain to the University of Florida Class of 2012 and not the admissions process.

If you wish to start your own thead, feel free to do so rather than hijack this one.

Funny how I asked a particular question an admin comes on the thread.

This thread isn't highjacked. There are many of us who are on the waitlist and are waiting to hear from UF. Now, the Class threads I think we can all agree are used by people who are accepted and am on the waitlist. I mean really what information can keep a thread thriving when the majority of us are on waitlist and waiting for UF to respond with some sort of decision. I am on hold at another school too and am equally concerned. However, that school doesn't have a scandal going on at the moment.

I do agree the thread has been beating up on Ben quit a bit and its purpose has been served. Is there a particular thread that has given attention to issue?

The intent to keep this site "clean" is a great idea. I believe that our Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine site has tremendous relevant information for the incoming class of 2012.

However, someone on this UF site is acting like a Judge and Jury. My initial post Friday morning was deleted and the subsequent response was renumbered to remove crucial FACTUAL evidence in the case regarding Ben. You have a lynch mob hanging him from a tree and yet, my post was deleted when a Gainesville person, or UF wannabe, claiming to SetThisStraight with blatant perjured comments did not have their post deleted. (Also those posted bolding the same info should be deleted in fairness).

Therefore, my Friday morning FACTUAL post needs to be reinstated or else the erroneous posts also need to be deleted from this site.

If you fail to delete the malicious comments with no factual basis, then you are essentially serving as a Judge and Jury, not a compassionate future physician.

I am not going to hold my breath, therefore, I am reposting my Friday morning post which was deleted. SetThisStraight is not an HPME student at Northwestern because his/her "For What It's Worth" assertions contain more than ten blatant prevarications. Once you delete these malicious lies and all references to them, please feel free to delete this one as well. We all need to get a life and move on, but in the interim, your southern lynch mob as got to stop:

icon1.gif
Get a Life
I entered the Northwesctern University Honors Program in Medical Education (HPME) in September 2005 with Ben Mendelsohn as one of my classmates. I am responding because there was an erroneous post yesterday in this thread from someone in Gainesville who is not an HPME student. After completing our undergraduate three years in Evanston, we are proceeding as a class into Northwestern's Feinberg School of Medicine to begin late August 2008.
Ben is a member of our class in good standing and has a spot guarantted for him to start in the medical school Class of 2012. A few HPME are transferring for personal reasons, but nobody in our class was "kicked-out" of the program.

I have taken several science courses with Ben Mendelsohn and his grades were always near the top of the class. His GPA is far closer to a 4.0 than the maliciously reported 3.0. This is a fact. Furthermore, Ben is always willing to help an HPME with a problem set, difficult lab, etc while the gunners are only worried about being the king of the hill. Kudos to Ben.
Everyone wants Ben for a lab or study group partner because he is well- prepared and shares his knowledge to benefit his peers.

This thread is leveled with allegations that Ben has survived because his father has opened doors for him at NU and UF. His father did not take his high school exams, SATs, SAT IIs for him, every single exam in the 99%. We compared scores, at my insistence back in Sept 2005, when I wanted to act like a big shot. His scores blew mine away.

Ben was accepted to close to 10 medical programs similar to Northwestern's HPME. Also his father did not interview for him. Ben is the most polished conversationalist/debater that I have ever met covering healthcare issues, policies, politics, etc. He outduels everyone talking about how to handle the looming crisis.

As far as waking up one day and Ben suddenly deciding to go to med school - are you kidding me? His medical volunteer work in high school and in college has been unbelievable. With his guaranteed spot to medical school at Northwestern, I am frankly suprised that he didn't blow off some of this volunteer work and join us for spring break. And no, his father does not show up every week to perform these hours for him. You guys are taking pot shots anonymously and are far off the mark. Get a life.

MCAT testing. At HPME we do not take the MCAT exam. If you care to check, at least 25 allopathic US medical schools accept students into their entering class without MCAT scores, almost always in conjunction with combined undergraduate and medical school programs such as HPME. If you are awake all night worried whether Ben would have had a good score on this test, not to worry. Ben Mendelsohn will blow us all away on the USMLE exams that we must contend with in the future.

Their(adcom, dendrite, and so forth) point is if you post in the the "buying your way into med school" it would be a more relevant place. I doubt it would be deleted from there. I think it is "too late" to delete the other post. I don't think it is fair to you or Ben for that matter, but they are only now policing this thread so your comment will just have to go in the other one.

The intent to keep this site "clean" is a great idea. I believe that our Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine site has tremendous relevant information for the incoming class of 2012.

However, someone on this UF site is acting like a Judge and Jury. My initial post Friday morning was deleted and the subsequent response was renumbered to remove crucial FACTUAL evidence in the case regarding Ben. You have a lynch mob hanging him from a tree and yet, my post was deleted when a Gainesville person, or UF wannabe, claiming to SetThisStraight with blatant perjured comments did not have their post deleted. (Also those posted bolding the same info should be deleted in fairness).

Therefore, my Friday morning FACTUAL post needs to be reinstated or else the erroneous posts also need to be deleted from this site.

If you fail to delete the malicious comments with no factual basis, then you are essentially serving as a Judge and Jury, not a compassionate future physician.

Factual? Who says? You can't cry "factual" without proof. Welcome to the real world.

You're probably not very familiar with how SDN works (I'm determining this because of your low post count). Post your opinions on a pre-med thread (there are a couple that would be relevant, or you can always start your own). This thread is intended for the allopathic class. And no, it is not for waitlisters. Being waitlisted is not equivalent to being accepted. This thread is not a pathetic battleground over the Dean/Ben "scandal" or any other petty argument that is void of actual facts (not an anonymous poster's opinions). There is no conspiracy against you Willie, you're simply preaching to the wrong crowd on this thread. Rule #1 of public speaking: Know your audience. Talk about it somewhere else.

When I started this thread last fall it was with the intention to share information with my future classmates about topics that would make the transition into medical school easier. It was intended to talk about housing, financial aid, curriculum, books, volunteering outreach, professors, events, social outings, research, etc. This thread is also meant to continue being a class discussion center for our entire medical school career (not just the application process).

Williewildcat, you continue to assert that your statements are factual, and 100% true, but without proof, or a source, your comments are as empty as those who want to "lynch" your friend. Please save us the righteousness by continually telling us of your precious NW program and your relation to Ben, because it means nothing without evidence. But by all means please feel free to continue this useless discussion somewhere else. This thread is for medical students at UF (and as far as I'm concerned my first tuition payment makes me one) not those who are bitter about the selection process.

I applaud Dendrite who has attempted to bring civility back to this thread, and to release it from the grip that you and axlaxl1 have had on it. He/she has tried to remind all of you that your sentiments would be better expressed elsewhere. Wally has also been very mature in realizing this thread is not suppose to run this way. The reason your comments are being deleted is because neutral moderators of SDN have deemed inappropriate for this particular thread. In other words, you are breaking the rules. Do not get sentimental. Again, you can go ahead and argue this somewhere else.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applaud Dendrite who has attempted to bring civility back to this thread, and to release it from the grip that you and axlaxl1 have had on it. He/she has tried to remind all of you that your sentiments would be better expressed elsewhere. Wally has also been very mature in realizing this thread is not suppose to run this way. The reason your comments are being deleted is because neutral moderators of SDN have deemed inappropriate for this particular thread. In other words, you are breaking the rules. Do not get sentimental. Again, you can go ahead and argue this somewhere else.

Thanks UFMed!

And haha, I'm a "he".

Sorry I DISAGREE this thread is for waitlisters too. Now the fact that I would go to UF when accepted or if accepted is a whole other point. LOL. :thumbup:

Just got the call two minutes ago!

No it was Denise I think.

Congrats! Isn't it an awesome feeling?
I was shaking when I was talking to her. Just a question, I want to free up my spot at UM@FAU asap but should I wait until I at least get an email before I withdraw.

I was shaking when I was talking to her. Just a question, I want to free up my spot at UM@FAU asap but should I wait until I at least get an email before I withdraw.

They usually follow it up by mailing you the acceptance packet. Depending on how far you live from Gainesville, it should take a few days to get to you.

IMO, it probably is a little bit safer to wait for some kind of follow-up before withdrawing. As soon as you get something, then withdrawing asap would be ok.

Congrats Wally! I owe you a round of cold ones. :)

Congrats Wally! I owe you a round of cold ones. :)
Thanks a lot now I'll have to change my avatar. I'll buy the second round of beers.

Dean Kone was relieved of his duties today.

Some Justice! Today has been an awesome day. UF acceptance, Kone relieved, and some good wine. Doesn't get any better.

Thanks a lot now I'll have to change my avatar. I'll buy the second round of beers.

3rd is on me :hardy: Congrats, man! Looking forward to meeting you Aug. 11th :thumbup:

3rd is on me :hardy: Congrats, man! Looking forward to meeting you Aug. 11th :thumbup:
Yep 7:30 am:eek:
I woke up today with an email from Denise and Robyn. It was a birthday ecard. I thought it was pretty nice. It shows how much they care.

If anyone wants to meet up to grab some dinner/lunch I am going to be in Gainesville on the weekend of June 6,7,8. I will be looking for apartments but I would love to meet some of you specially soflanight, ufmed, and dendrite.

If anyone wants to meet up to grab some dinner/lunch I am going to be in Gainesville on the weekend of June 6,7,8. I will be looking for apartments but I would love to meet some of you specially soflanight, ufmed, and dendrite.

Congrats Wally! We'll miss you at Miami, but I'm glad you were accepted at your top choice (I'm a bit jealous!). I'm at UF right now finishing a Masters before heading down to Boca. I've only been here for a year, but I would not recommend living off of SW 20th Ave/SW 62nd blvd. Too much traffic (2 lane road)... and another new apartment complex is being built on the corner, which will just add to it. I'm sure the others can recommend a good spot.

Go Gators!

However eye opening these comments may be this is the wrong place for this post.

Dear MOD,
It is my understanding that this thread is called UF College Of Medicine Class of 2012 for a good reason. It is for future gators to share ideas on our upcoming endeavour. I am asking you to please..please...please BAN anyone who tries to make this thread about Mendelhson. We have been trying to keep it clean, we even begged them to stop, but they keep coming. We the UF College Of Medicine class of 2012 are tired of it all, we want to move on.

Sincerely,
UF College of Medicine Class of 2012:bow:

Hey guys,
This is the second warning about posting matters related to admissions fiasco/scandal and Dean Kone in this thread. This thread is for the issues pertaining to the class of 2012 and not admissions related issues. Please stop hijacking the thread. If you'd like to post about the Dean Kone/Ben issue then please comment here Thanks.

Soooo...with all this BenKoneFest hopefully behind everyone for now I wanted to shift gears for a bit to the Financial Aid sector. For those of you that have received UF's FinAid packet and had the allotment returned to you, do you feel as in the dark about the loan process as me. Is anyone thinking of forgoing the unsubsidized Government loans on the statement at 6-8% and borrowing from a private lender w/ a co-signer. If so, has anyone found any decent rates out there? I've been looking into it and the only ones that seems reasonable are some of the FannieMae and Chase Manhattan loans. The more I think about the staggering amount of debt we're going to incur, the better signing 4 years of my life to the Air Force is starting to look :rolleyes:

Soooo...with all this BenKoneFest hopefully behind everyone for now I wanted to shift gears for a bit to the Financial Aid sector. For those of you that have received UF's FinAid packet and had the allotment returned to you, do you feel as in the dark about the loan process as me. Is anyone thinking of forgoing the unsubsidized Government loans on the statement at 6-8% and borrowing from a private lender w/ a co-signer. If so, has anyone found any decent rates out there? I've been looking into it and the only ones that seems reasonable are some of the FannieMae and Chase Manhattan loans. The more I think about the staggering amount of debt we're going to incur, the better signing 4 years of my life to the Air Force is starting to look :rolleyes:

I didn't even think about private lenders. For some reason I would suspect they either have harsher interest rates or force you to pay it back earlier than Uncle Sam. Plus, I've heard that the interest rates will decrease every year due to more subsidizing. But don't quote me on this :oops:

I thought about the Air Force too but I don't think its a decision that should be made based on money. The repayment to the armed services is huge. And you're pretty much forced to do your residency at their hospitals (and I think there is also an element of pressuring you to go into a residency they need and not so much your first choice (any thoughts anyone?)). I would prefer physical freedom (free of commitments) versus financial. It's pretty safe to say we'll be able to pay it back, like all medical students before us. And if we can't pay it back and live in luxury, then it wouldn't be any different than us deciding not to go into medical school and working at the local Toys R Us instead.

Lost my train of thought there... if you get any word on private lenders let us know-
:cool:

All right guys and gals it is getting close... how excited are we?!?!?!? I'm getting ready to look for apartments on thursday and friday. I have been looking at the area around the medical school (S of Archer.) If any of the current students have any suggestions about great, close, and affordable apartments please chime in. Here are some that I know I will be checking out:
Williamsburg Village Apartments
Mount Vernon Apartments
Country Village Apartments
Oxford Manor Apartments
Wildflower Apartments
The Boardwalk Apartments
Tivoli Apartments
Any Suggestions?

All right guys and gals it is getting close... how excited are we?!?!?!? I'm getting ready to look for apartments on thursday and friday. I have been looking at the area around the medical school (S of Archer.) If any of the current students have any suggestions about great, close, and affordable apartments please chime in. Here are some that I know I will be checking out:
Mount Vernon Apartments
Oxford Manor Apartments
Wildflower Apartments
The Boardwalk Apartments
Tivoli Apartments
Any Suggestions?

Hey Wally, if you don't mind a 15 mins drive, consider:
Bellamay Grand: They are offering 1 month 1/2 free rent
1 bedroom:$860, 2 bedroom: $945-995
Cricket Club 2 : 1 bedroom: $805, 2 bedroom: $899
They are both really nice and away from all the noise on archer.

Hey Wally, if you don't mind a 15 mins drive, consider:
Bellamay Grand: They are offering 1 month 1/2 free rent
1 bedroom:$860, 2 bedroom: $945-995
Cricket Club 2 : 1 bedroom: $805, 2 bedroom: $899
They are both really nice and away from all the noise on archer.

Is noise an issue? Most of the apartments I listed were cheaper or the same price as the two you listed. But living in a quiet place might be worth the extra commute.

:scared::confused::oops:ok, so I can say it now. Just got the call from alma mater, UF. So Im stuck. any advice please??? Im between UF and USF, and I know so many of you have made decisions so are obviously biased, but I want to know anyways. Im a gator forever, but Im from Tampa. Anyone been in this situation or knows someone who was and can shed some light on the situation? I love gville, but dont know if its ready for something new. I think im taking the peds/ family medicine route, but I dont really know. I think USF will help me decide, but for some residencies, I think UF will help me get there. Really in a bind, and have a time limit on making choices. Would really appreciate the help from this community. I see how well you have been helping everyone else along.....thanks in advance!

Mount Vernon Apartments
Oxford Manor Apartments
Wildflower Apartments
The Boardwalk Apartments
Tivoli Apartments
Any Suggestions?

Oxford Manor is older but nice on the inside, townhome style. The bedrooms are decent size, living room is alright, small but full kitchen, and you'll probably have a small porch. Country Village is a dump. I lived there for the last couple years. I wanted to move after the first lease was up, but my roommates were extremely cheap, rent is about $350. The only place I ever lived where if you woke up early enough, and openned a cabinet to get the coffee out, the hissing cockroach was always there to greet you.

Oxford Manor is older but nice on the inside, townhome style. The bedrooms are decent size, living room is alright, small but full kitchen, and you'll probably have a small porch. Country Village is a dump. I lived there for the last couple years. I wanted to move after the first lease was up, but my roommates were extremely cheap, rent is about $350. The only place I ever lived where if you woke up early enough, and openned a cabinet to get the coffee out, the hissing cockroach was always there to greet you.

Thanks, I definitely won't check out Country Village then.

Mount Vernon Apartments
Oxford Manor Apartments
Wildflower Apartments
The Boardwalk Apartments
Tivoli Apartments
Any Suggestions?

I lived in Tivoli as an undergrad at UF and liked it. It's about a 5 minute bus ride to campus. There is a Winn Dixie close if you don't want to drive to the Publix. There are a lot of students there but I never had any problems with noise. The rooms are pretty decent size, each with their own bath and walk in closet, and the shared kitchen and living rooms are big. You also have a separate laundry room which I thought was nice.

I thought I would update everyone on my search.
Based on
1)interior appeal-decent appliances, fresh carpet/paint
2)price- around 1000 and below
3)proximity- SW and SE no more than 2.5 miles away

I have narrowed down the list of places to:
University Commons-2/1
The Bartram-1/1 super nice
Williamsburg Village- 2/2
Mount Vernon- 2/2
Country Village- 2/2

I would like to have a 2 bedroom so that one of the rooms can be an office, but since the bartram is so nice I may just deal and study in the library or med study lounge.

Note: if you want to get a lease that is less than a year they jack up the price on average about 20%.

I'll let you know what I decide tomorrow.

I am gonna be living in the bartram.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
After many a trip back and forth to G-ville looking at various apartments and houses, a friend of mine who will be at Shands (she will be working on her MS in Oral Health Research [insert joke here:rolleyes:] at the Dental School) and I found a house in the award-winning subdivision of Mentone for $1400/ month. The house is less than a 10 minute straight shot drive off Archer to Shands ~6 miles away (Driving sloooow). Here is a link to a map of the neighborhood, with the house being right near the front of the development http://www.gainesville360.com/8/315/map.php or plug in "uf shands" and see the distances for yourself http://maps.google.com/?q=loc%3A+8026+SW+67th+Lane+Gainesville+FL+US . If anyone is interested in a well kept corner lot house in an extremely quiet neighborhood and doesn't mind sharing a bathroom PM me for more information. GO GATORS!!!

Almost forgot to mention, all the carpet in the attached pictures is going to be replaced with wood laminate...

Attachments

• 01010301030201041120080527b714935b22dcf72ab3001748.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 01010701020201040520080527a9fc0b741dff9bcb17000862.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 01150901040101030420080527fb9ae763c1670d6e6f00aa32.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 142
  • 01151001030701041020080527fe173a7e98544019a100c5bd.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 150
The house looks good. Just wanted to warn you about leaving a little extra time for the commute if you were thinking ten minutes from there...in the mornings before class the traffic around the hospital gets a little heavy!

Hey all,
I have been working pretty hard this summer in order to help pay for as much school as I can but I was off today and I started thinking; we will be in class in about 7 weeks! It just started sinking in that I will be a med student in two months.:eek: Just wondering if anyone else is feeling the sympathetic stimulation lately?

Haha, nice neuro reference ::nervous laughter:: i don't want to think about that stuff for 7 more weeks.

I just got back from being out of the country for a month so it's weird to think we're starting so soon. I feel so behind!

Have we heard anything back from financial aid? I submitted that form that Eileen sent everyone, but other than that I haven't done anything besides fill out my FAFSA. Is there anything else I should be doing? I need to start working on the orientation to do list, too.

Last edited:
Does anyone know who is going to be the Anatomy professor?